(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/adele-turned-down-james-bond-6505359
    Sorry if this has already been posted. In The Mirror,they say that
    Adelle turned down £5 million, to do the Spectre Theme.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    £5 million for one song??? She must have writers block or gone insane :))

Then again maybe its a slow news day and the rags are being inventive!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    So. Any news about a release at 7 mins past midnight?
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    image.jpg
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    So far I haven't liked his singing voice.

And no, I don't care that he's gay. Elton John is gay and he has a lot of great tunes to his credit.

Rob Halford is gay and that doesn't stop me from being a Judas Priest fan.
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    So far I haven't liked his singing voice.

And no, I don't care that he's gay. Elton John is gay and he has a lot of great tunes to his credit.

Rob Halford is gay and that doesn't stop me from being a Judas Priest fan.

George Michael is gay and he's one hell of a singer.

I just see Sam Smith as a rip off version of George Michael.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Live interview and song on Elvis Duran show in the states...7 AM Eastern...(thanks to Simon for the heads up)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Live interview and song on Elvis Duran show in the states...7 AM Eastern...(thanks to Simon for the heads up)

-{

Just saw that news myself! Very excited!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

any idea on how oversea's viewers can listen to it?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Just heard it there on BBC Radio 1 - what do we all think of it?

Mixed emotions here but I love the music and Sam Smith's high notes at points. Well written, too. I really need to hear it a few more times though to be fair! It may yet grow on me like Adele's Skyfall. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    I don't hate it as such..... But I can't really say I'm blown away- It's very grandiose .... Not sure!
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Damn it, although I have BBC 1 on the internet I wasn't listening to it :D Waiting for it on youtube!
    MrZareba wrote:
    Damn it, although I have BBC 1 on the internet I wasn't listening to it :D Waiting for it on youtube!

the lyrics appear to allready be online!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 420MI6 Agent
    Aaaaaaand it's already on Spotify:

SAM SMITH @samsmithworld 8 mins ago
    Ladies & Gentleman, here it is... The James Bond 2015 theme tune to #Spectre 'Writing's On The Wall'
    http://po.st/WOTWsp
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    Aaaaaaand it's already on Spotify:

SAM SMITH @samsmithworld 8 mins ago
    Ladies & Gentleman, here it is... The James Bond 2015 theme tune to #Spectre 'Writing's On The Wall'
    http://po.st/WOTWsp

Listening to it - mixed feelings.
    Plus you can go back to twentysomething minutes ago on the BBC 1 player and listen to it (just doing that now).
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Absolutely dire.

And yet the perfect combination for 2015 - Smith and Craig's Bond.

The song echoes the post CR films perfectly: it thinks its a lot better than it actually is.

Not the best start for SPECTRE. Lets hope the writing's not on the wall
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
    out of the first listening: it is catchy though sometimes VERY high sung.
    overall it is a good song eventhough I'm not completely blown away but tumbs up!
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    The orchestra sounds like Thunderball.

I don't like his voice at all! I prefer Skyfall by Adele over this!
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
    towards the end you definitely hear some notes of TWINE!
    It might work better playing over the titles but, I'm a bit disappointed by it. :#
    ( Don't think I'll be doing the " Told you so" dance !) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yeah. Mixed feelings here too. Orchestra's great, Sam's pitch is a little too high in too many places, and the tone of the lyrics is a bit too lovey-dovey for my taste. Misses a patina of mystery for it to be bondesque. Not one of the greats, hope the opening credits' edit will fix it some.

Now, how does a bloke change his name here...? :))
    Yeah. Mixed feelings here too. Orchestra's great, Sam's pitch is a little too high in too many places, and the tone of the lyrics is a bit too lovey-dovey for my taste. Misses a patina of mystery for it to be bondesque. Not one of the greats, hope the opening credits' edit will fix it some.

Now, how does a bloke change his name here...? :))

Exactly the same way I feel about it. There is just too much candy in the song itself, Sam's pitch is definitely too high and that's what Shatterfang was talking about I'm afraid - I was expecting Sam to sound like a canon because he is able to do that but instead he's doing the high pitch voice for which he's known for...

Maybe I will start liking it in a few days, currently I'm more like "meh".
  • TheOmegaManTheOmegaMan Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    It's great. I always wanted David McAlmont to do a Bond theme (his version of DAF is sublime) and this comes pretty close.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    After first listen, wasn't initially blown away but it's growing on me I think. It's only really the high pitched choruses which are grating on me.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • JimatayJimatay Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    It doesn't do it for me. In my opinion a bond song should be exciting and preparing you for the film to follow. This is just dull. There's nothing to it, I felt like I wanted it to kick in but it never did. There's no hook in the chorus, and is completely forgettable. It's disappointing because the film itself is shaping up to be a classic, but the song just won't match up to it.
  • S_P_E_C_T_R_ES_P_E_C_T_R_E Posts: 281MI6 Agent
    Just heard this on radio 2 (I'm old) intro gave me goosebumps that lasted approximately 2.7 milliseconds, then the lyrics kicked in and it went down hill from there.

My first listen had me thinking, this is more x factor than spectre.
    It has grown on me a little after several listens and the orchestration
    Is fantastic, but the songs' till not great ( only my opinion) I'll have to have a look
    at the lyrics as at times, I can't make out what he's singing.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Anyone remember TWINE? It's better than that and for 99p it's the cheapest Bond thing I've bought this year :))