(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Peter Hunt wasn't "too gay" for Bond.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Oh, Good Grief ! 8-) ( I hope that was a joke)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    The orchestration is good but I am concerned that the song will be too melancholy. It's time we had another beautiful, sexy song like You Only Live Twice.
    True, but styles change. Only going by the short instrumental, but it
    Feels like a big romantic ballad, so if it ties in with the films storyline.
    It could carry a big emotional impact.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    I have to thread carefully here, and "too gay" is the wrong expression, but so far I have not been impressed by Sam Smith's voice. it often feels too weak (not in the sense of not enough voume) and not very masculine. I still have hopes for his song, it may even be a great song, but I'm not yet convinced Sam Smith was the right choice.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I too think the expression "too gay" was an unlucky choice of words but let's not kill him for it and move on :007)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Oh, come on it's been a while since we had a human sacrifice. ;)
    I've made a load of pitch forks, and burning torches ! :))
    Although I agree it was probably just a bad choice of words.

I personally am waiting to hear it, then go to all the naysayers. To
    Gloat and do the " Told you so " dance. :))
    Oh, come on it's been a while since we had a human sacrifice. ;)
    I've made a load of pitch forks, and burning torches ! :))
    Although I agree it was probably just a bad choice of words.

I personally am waiting to hear it, then go to all the naysayers. To
    Gloat and do the " Told you so " dance. :))

Hopefully your dance looks somewhat like this... :)) {[]
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nt9iccISVk0
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Perhaps "gay" was meant in the old-fashioned sense of "bright," "cheerful," "happy," and so on; so the person was really saying that Sam Smith sounds just too gosh-darned happy to sing a Bond song. There ya go: Hardyboy, always gay to find a silver lining.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Perhaps "gay" was meant in the old-fashioned sense of "bright," "cheerful," "happy," and so on; so the person was really saying that Sam Smith sounds just too gosh-darned happy to sing a Bond song. There ya go: Hardyboy, always gay to find a silver lining.

Now you need to point us to a song that Sam Smith sounds cheerful in. ;)
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ScagnettiScagnetti UKPosts: 5MI6 Agent
    I would have liked a more upbeat song, something like You Know My Name, considering Skyfall was a gloomy ballad and I'm not a fan of Smith at all. Really will have to wait and see.
    do you guys think they'll release it at some special time (0:07)? or just throughout the day?
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,343MI6 Agent
    What I've heard sounds good and he has a great voice so I'm looking forward to the release...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    do you guys think they'll release it at some special time (0:07)? or just throughout the day?

I had heard this, rather like Adele three years ago.
    Anyway, I am confused...what is the actual release date?
    release date is september 25 - this friday
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent

I thought it was Thursday? (Which incidently is my 30th birthday, so please let it be Thursday lol)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    I'm assuming the final trailer will also be released this Friday.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    It will get an Academy Award nomination, though I don't think it's going to win.

That said, so far, it sounds like incidental music from The World is Not Enough rather than a strongly original Bond composition. It definitely has the Bond vibe going on, but I'm not sure I'd compare what I heard to the Connery era at all so much as the Brosnan one.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Ok guys, I am bi. I don't have a gay voice. Freddy Mercury was Bi. He didn't have a gay voice. Jon Logan is gay, doesn't have a gay voice (wouldn't matter if he did because he aint singing). Sam Smith has a gay voice. Nothing against having a gay voice (though i'm not a fan). Just didn't think it would fit in a bond movie. I hope to be proven wrong on Sept 25th, and I guess you can kick me out now.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    In fact, I just listened to the beginning of Garbage's theme song, and this sounds like a pastiche of it.
    Gassy Man wrote:
    In fact, I just listened to the beginning of Garbage's theme song, and this sounds like a pastiche of it.

its definitely similar instrumentals in the first 15 seconds
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent

Thanks. But I'm still confused. iTunes has it listed as Monday 28 September.

image.jpg
    Ok guys, I am bi. I don't have a gay voice. Freddy Mercury was Bi. He didn't have a gay voice. Jon Logan is gay, doesn't have a gay voice (wouldn't matter if he did because he aint singing). Sam Smith has a gay voice. Nothing against having a gay voice (though i'm not a fan). Just didn't think it would fit in a bond movie. I hope to be proven wrong on Sept 25th, and I guess you can kick me out now.

What is a gay voice? Somebody please explain. I find it sad that some people just focus on someone else's sexual orientation and prejudge their characteristic. Who cares if Sam Smith is gay, he's a good singer. He reminds me of George Michael who is one of my all time favorite artist.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Vicsane007 wrote:

What is a gay voice? Somebody please explain. I find it sad that some people just focus on someone else's sexual orientation and prejudge their characteristic. Who cares if Sam Smith is gay, he's a good singer. He reminds me of George Michael who is one of my all time favorite artist.

I'm not sure who on here will be able to view this video, but it puts an end to judging voices as gay: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/23/opinion/who-sounds-gay.html
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Vicsane007 wrote:

I'm not sure who on here will be able to view this video, but it puts an end to judging voices as gay: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/23/opinion/who-sounds-gay.html

Thanks for sharing. I get it now. Then again, this is just a stereotypes that is shaped by our society. I have a gay buddy who is very masculine with a very deep voice and knew someone who is straight but has a feminine voice and very soft.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,685Chief of Staff

Hmmm...you may have been better off saying he has a 'feminine voice' or 'not a particularly masculine voice' than "he has a gay voice"...that comment comes across totally wrong and was bordering on homophobic...
    I understand your reply but it would be awkward/difficult to explain yourself every time...

I hope we can move on with the topic in hand now...PM's please if necessary :)
    YNWA 97
    But can Sam Smith whistle ? :)) that has to be the test. :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited September 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    stills scared about his voice being too gay for bond

It's okay not to like his voice or think it isn't right for a Bond theme, but it's not okay to not like his voice because you don't like his sexual orientation. Someone's voice also has no relation to their sexuality, no matter how gay people are commonly portrayed in the media. You'll find straight men, gay men, straight women and gay women who all sound very similar to Sam Smith.

You really shouldn't use the word 'straight'. It implies gay people are somehow crooked or bent. {[]