(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Any leaks yet?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Agent Miles Messervy ,is of course correct ,and no intention on my part was deemed to cause any bad feelings :) But I will and obviously have to listen to Sams song ,and hope for the sake of the film and the reputation of the Bond franchise we all love ,that its the best song ever made and all of us moaning minnies are proved wrong . This will be one of the few cases ,where I look forward to being wrong. :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Agent Miles Messervy ,is of course correct ,and no intention on my part was deemed to cause any bad feelings :) But I will and obviously have to listen to Sams song ,and hope for the sake of the film and the reputation of the Bond franchise we all love ,that its the best song ever made and all of us moaning minnies are proved wrong . This will be one of the few cases ,where I look forward to being wrong. :))

Not to worry. In the unfortunate event that you are proven correct, I will be the first to credit your intuition! -{
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Just subjected myself to an hour of Mr. Smith's music. Not a fan. But, his voice is good and highly appropriate for a love song. I actually wouldn't mind a Bond themed love song, sort of from the perspective of Bond. Whatever they choose, I just hope they don't get him singing about spy stuff, death, and killing; I just don't hear his voice capable of genuinely emoting such sentiments. I do think he would be well suited for a melonoly song about loneliness. I think there is some hope here though. I'm excited.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • MrBeechMrBeech Denver, COPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Not to mention

images.jpg

Good point - they were both questionable choices and they delivered cracking tunes.

Haha! Touche! I shall hold my tongue until I hear the song itself. -{
    Yes...considerably...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,790Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Cant see why fellow agent Miles messervy......
    .....I simply said I cant stand him

I can't stand Sir Miles either :)) :)) :)) :))

image.jpg

:v
    YNWA 97
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    I don't think Sam Smith will top Adele's Skyfall. Adele's Skyfall was an instant classic! Still give me earworms til this day.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 131MI6 Agent
    Vicsane007 wrote:
    I don't think Sam Smith will top Adele's Skyfall. Adele's Skyfall was an instant classic! Still give me earworms til this day.

Agreed - I'd hoped Adelle would return for Spectre. Not to put a downer on the bloke before I've heard it but I'm disappointed by the choice of Smith; I don't like his voice and have not heard a single song of his I can tolerate let alone like.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    With the rumours of Radiohead having built my expectations, I'm disappointed. I'll probably end up liking it, but it'll be the same old,same old. It could have been an epic, OK Computer like, dark song.

This.

The title Spectre would fit perfectly with Radiohead's style too.

And there hasn't been enough bands doing bond themes. 4 out of 24 is a tiny amount.

Specially when you think of the marvellous OST work Jonny Grenwood is capable of. His string arrangements for "There will be blood" are amazing, eerie and unusual. Used sparingly in a Bond song could have conveyed the evil behind SPECTRE perfectly. I'm afraid we'll get a sweet sounding piano ballad instead.

I totally agree that bands are sadly under-represented. And the results haven't been precisely bad: LALD and AVTAK are in my top 5 hands down. But they decided to follow the Adele route without Adele.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Dryden wrote:
    Agreed - I'd hoped Adelle would return for Spectre.  Not to put a downer on the bloke before I've heard it but I'm disappointed by the choice of Smith; I don't like his voice and have not heard a single song of his I can tolerate let alone like.

its a weird choice but as he said in his video interview, he won't be performing his usual genre as people seem to think. He will be performing a bond song. and most importantly darker since the spectre death theme has to be represented it might very well be the darkest song yet. And they will probably also play homage to the live and let die song as well. That means regardless of his brand of music, the song will be completely different in tone. Its going to be faster and more Bondian. They really haven't done a slow love ballad like that since Licence to Kill so it will be focusing on action over romance.

For me, There is no such thing as a completely awful bond song. I have them all on my player, my least favorite is Licence to Kill because its so slow but i still like it.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I read him saying it was a "huge" love song
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I read him saying it was a "huge" love song

link?
    Will have a search thru my history
    Hmm maybe I misinterpreted it but here is one quote from reuters

"I wanted to inject as much me as I could into the song and then dress it in a Bond way," Smith said. "I sing love songs ... and that's what I wanted to do."
    ah crap!
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Will Tom Petty get a songwriting credit?
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    I can't believe this thing hasn't leaked yet...
  • Catching BulletsCatching Bullets Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Why Sam Smith entering Bond's Thunderball of Fame is a good thing for 007....

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2015/9/08/why-sam-smith-entering-bonds-thunderball-fame-good-news-007
    Mark O'Connell | Author, Writer, Bond Fan

facebook.com/catchingbullets
    www.markoconnell.co.uk
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2015/9/08/why-sam-smith-entering-bonds-thunderball-fame-good-news-007

Oh please - why is it an issue at all? Is the LGBT community now going to be pressing for the first trans artist to perform for Bond 25? It's just not an issue and it's wrong to make it an issue - he's just another singer isn't he?
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS

Interesting read. Good find.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent

Oh please - why is it an issue at all? Is the LGBT community now going to be pressing for the first trans artist to perform for Bond 25? It's just not an issue and it's wrong to make it an issue - he's just another singer isn't he?

Not to speak for the author, but for people who have struggled for years to be given the same basic human rights you and I have enjoyed all our lives, moments like this are indeed noteworthy and worth celebrating. What basic trace of human empathy must people be missing to not recognize that?

Actually, the fellow who posted it is the one who wrote the article! -{

Actually, the fellow who posted it is the one who wrote the article! -{

Ha! One more reason I would never make it in the 00 sections :)) Well, in that case, great article Catching Bullets. You summed up the way I feel about the whole business quite elegantly. So glad to hear he is gonna do a love song too! I was worried they would take him out of his element and really muck things up. -{
    What basic trace of human empathy must people be missing to not recognize that?

If you're referring to me with this comment, then there's nothing missing from my makeup. I merely wonder why the differences should always be showcased, especially in a situation where as you say, people have struggled for decades to just be treated the same.

Has SS been chosen because he's gay? Probably not. What on earth does his sexuality matter - he's a singer, so let's judge him on his songs, not his sexuality. Let's not create segregation, let's just celebrate that we're all human beings who live, love, laugh and cry on the same planet.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    That's a noble ideal, but I think the folks on the receiving end of the aforementioned discrimination would tell you that we just aren't there yet. We're still in a world where folks are marginalized or worse, so small milestone moments like this are seen as cause for celebration. I just think it's hard to begrudge them that.
    And by using terms such as 'them', it's just perpetuating the issue. Noble ideal or not, it's how I live life and it's really not hard to do so. In the article, which I have read by the way, the author does say that SS "has quite rightly distanced himself from the gay tag", possibly because SS himself realises that being gay or not isn't an issue here. He's 'out' and that's it - why keep making an issue of it?

Just like other celebs in the recent past, he probably knows that constantly bringing up his sexuality will only harm the cause of equality and whatever he thinks, he chooses to let his voice do the talking (as it were!).
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Looks fake to me but worth dropping in here if real

https://instagram.com/p/7sToLdBIpz/
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    CDs still exist :D
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Listening to Smooth earlier, they played Nobody Does It Better and after Kate Garraway mentioned how she's heard the song and it sounded great.

Admittedly she's not an authoritative figure, I'm still going to wait until next week before I pass judgement.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • The Debonair BondThe Debonair Bond Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Sam Smith is probably not my favorite choice to sing the Bond theme, but I think it can still work.

He's one of the few artists left in the mainstream that are worth paying any attention to, and since he's British, he was an obvious choice for the producers I guess.
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    If the Bond song sounds at all like Sam Smith's "Like I Can," I'll be quite happy!