(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    :#
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Saw this on my way to Vauxhall station this weekend

DSC_0098.jpg
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:

DSC_0098.jpg

Yes. I saw that too and there's one along Wandsworth Road.
    Odd that it says out now when it's not even been leaked anywhere!
    Can't wait to hear it. Not long to go......
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:

DSC_0098.jpg

24th of September, right? Fingers crossed... I don't have huge expectations because it will be hard to top Adele's monstrous voice but I hope it will turn out just ok.
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    006 wrote:

DSC_0098.jpg

24th of September, right? Fingers crossed... I don't have huge expectations because it will be hard to top Adele's monstrous voice but I hope it will turn out just ok.

Agreed! I don't think Sam Smith can top Adele. His voice is just too soft and whiny, much like Elie Goulding.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
    Sam Smith posted the first 15 seconds of the song on facebook, sounds freaking epic! :O :O Well beyond my expectations, sounds very Connerish!

https://www.facebook.com/samsmithworld/videos/vb.313595788739120/822429357855758/?type=2&theater
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Bring it on!!!!
    the first 5 seconds sound a bit like TND/TWINE
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Oof, I'm getting quite a Thunderball vibe. Sounds good to me.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,894MI6 Agent
    I think the instrumentals sound great and very Bondian. To be honest I'm more worried about the vocals. I hope, but I worry ....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed the Orchestration, sounds fantastic. very much hints at a big Ballad ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 421MI6 Agent
    Wow. Makes me glad to have pre-ordered the CD single from his website (already own You Know My Name and Skyfall, so I had to go on with tradition).
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    Sounds pretty good.

Shocked it hasn't been fully leaked yet though.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Sounds pretty good.

Shocked it hasn't been fully leaked yet though.

Ditto. Ditto.
    Remarkable it's nowhere else on the web.
    Don't you just hate all those scammers on YouTube?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,995Quartermasters
    Woah! That stood the hairs up. Sounds classic - could well have been recorded in 1964 or 1965 based solely on the snippet - and would be fantastic incorporated into the score.

Very much looking forward to this one - will grab it on my iTunes at first opportunity :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    ok im sold on the instrumentals, stills scared about his voice being too gay for bond, but this is a good start. it will definetely be good enough to go on my music player as all bond songs are, including the rejected ones, except for Muse - that was awful.

I can easily see Thom Newman playing around with the theme like he did with Skyfall theme on the Komodo Dragon OST - turning it into a chinese rendition. Maybe we will get an Italian or Moroccan rendition of the theme
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Sounds very dark. I like what I hear and am looking forward to the song. I'm still worried about the vocals though, but we'll see...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,894MI6 Agent
    After listening to it again I can easily imagine an arab version of it on the soundtrack since it sounds a bit arab to begin with.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,762MI6 Agent
    Instrumentals sound promising. Whether the vocals are good or not, Newman has no excuse if he doesn't incorporate this into his score. In fact, I'm not sure he can improve on it, so he had better use it.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,828Chief of Staff
    stills scared about his voice being too gay for bond,

Can't say that that comment 'sits' right with me...care to explain further ?
    YNWA 97
    I think Sam Smith has a very soulful voice, and given the little
    snippet released, I think we are in for a treat ! -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MrBeechMrBeech Denver, COPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    I was really apprehensive about the artist choice at first, but the preview has got me really psyched! Love the orchestration! -{
    Yes...considerably...
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Snippet sounds epic!

Classic Thunderball sound- Cant wait for Friday!
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Totally Thunderball...which makes me expect hearing Tom Jones after that intro.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,342MI6 Agent
    This snippet is like a Rorschach test for people. Across the web I've heard people say:

It sounds like "Thunderball"
    It sounds like "You Only Live Twice"
    It sounds like "Tomorrow Never Dies"
    It sounds like "The World Is Not Enough"
    It sounds like "Skyfall"
    ...and that it doesn't sound like a Bond theme... 8-)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    stills scared about his voice being too gay for bond,

Can't say that that comment 'sits' right with me...care to explain further ?

Totally agree. No place for comments like that on this forum.
    You know what? I'm trying to get to know Sam Smith a little better and was listening Nirvana (Acoustic) and I have to admit - I'm starting to believe in his voice because although he's not singing with full power most of the time (like Adele for instance) he is able to do it - check this out and fast forward to 3:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_OvashuS7Q
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    stills scared about his voice being too gay for bond

It's okay not to like his voice or think it isn't right for a Bond theme, but it's not okay to not like his voice because you don't like his sexual orientation. Someone's voice also has no relation to their sexuality, no matter how gay people are commonly portrayed in the media. You'll find straight men, gay men, straight women and gay women who all sound very similar to Sam Smith.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    in this little clip, what is it that we see? (white lines)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    ok im sold on the instrumentals, stills scared about his voice being too gay for bond

Just so you know, this isn't okay.
    I think quite a few of us feel that way, it's not cricket old boy. ;)
    In my opinion he has a terrific voice and if the 15 sec snippet is
    an idea of what's to come, we may well be looking at an instant
    Classic theme. -{