Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    New pics an Omega ad! 2qjymw8.jpg
    rrjjft.png

The suitcase appears to be a Globe-Trotter. I wonder if they will have another role in SPECTRE as they did in SKYFALL? Matt S or Mantis, do you have any additional information on what Bond is wearing here in Morocco?

I believe there was a TF tan suit that was originally reported.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    TF suits don't have belt loops so unless it was custom then this might not be TF. The jacket in the esquire pics does not appear to be from JV either and its definitely not blue its the same jacket DC was wearing in the recent airport pics.
    The sunglasses have a larger brand mark on the side of the temple. The TF T is much smaller, so I do not think these are TF.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    DC's been wearing Giorgio Armani (Esquire UK shoot) and Brunello Cuccinelli (Rome Photocall) suits recently. Perhaps this tan suit is from one of them...?

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    TF suits don't have belt loops so unless it was custom then this might not be TF. The jacket in the esquire pics does not appear to be from JV either and its definitely not blue its the same jacket DC was wearing in the recent airport pics.

All of the Tom Ford suits made for Spectre were made-to-order. The suits available ready-to-wear are different; for instance, the O'Connor suit jackets in Spectre are button three roll two whilst the ready-to-wear jackets are button two. I don't like to use the word "custom" in regards to Daniel Craig's Tom Ford suits because they don't fit like custom suits. There is a suit in the buy book labelled "KAKI", but this suit looks more like light brown. It could be the same suit. It is button three roll two like the other suits, and I think I see a "barchetta" breast pocket, which would signify Tom Ford.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Found the following pic not yet posted here. Was this Mr. White jacket ever identified?

spectre1.jpg

Also here's a slightly larger image of the other pic.

spectre2.jpg
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Or do the trousers seem to be of a different shade than the jacket?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,330MI6 Agent
    Aren't they the trousers that he wears with the Matchless suede jacket?
    And I always thought that he was wearing a different pair of glasses in the Morocco overhead shot of him walking with Seydoux.
    And I always thought that he was wearing a different pair of glasses in the Morocco overhead shot of him walking with Seydoux.

It's hard to tell but he has been wearing these glasses off set. They could be ones in the photo that is above them. But the ones in this new still are different from these posted here.
    image.jpg

If they are using the suit trousers to wear casually later on, that could explain the decision to go with belt loops and a casual belt.
    You can also see a slight pattern in the tie now, assuming it's the navy tie he wears with the herringbone track stripe suit
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:
    You can also see a slight pattern in the tie now, assuming it's the navy tie he wears with the herringbone track stripe suit

The tie looks brown to me.
    rebenton wrote:

Yes, it sure looks brown. But what pattern? Are you sure what you're seeing is just shadows from the tie twisting in the wind? I'd assume it's a solid repp like the other ties.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

If they are using the suit trousers to wear casually later on, that could explain the decision to go with belt loops and a casual belt.

Have to say my minds eye is seeing different shades of jacket to trousers too, but as we all know that could just be the picture. Plus there doesn't appear to be a discernible crease in those like a proper pair of trousers, although again it hard to tell definitively.

But Matt, surely a proper suit shouldn't have provision for a belt, what with interrupting the follow of the suit by cutting the body in half and what-not? Which would strengthen the argument for this being a casual pair of trousers / chinos coupled with a blazer / sports jacket / whatever!
    + no visible pocket square, which seems to be a staple feature of DC's other formal suits.

In fact, I'm wondering if that outfit hasn't drawn inspiration from the Connery hacking jacket outfit from Goldfinger... ?:)
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    But Matt, surely a proper suit shouldn't have provision for a belt

Tailored trousers shouldn't have provision for a belt. Braces yet, but no need for a belt. As it's tailored, the trousers should fit without one.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    rebenton wrote:
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Or do the trousers seem to be of a different shade than the jacket?

I thought the same thing.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

Tailored trousers shouldn't have provision for a belt. Braces yet, but no need for a belt. As it's tailored, the trousers should fit without one.

Even custom Italian and American suits have belt loops more often than not.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

Even custom Italian and American suits have belt loops more often than not.

Yes, but this is the finer points of English tailoring we're musing over!! :D
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I'm liking the casual belt. It works as a nod to the TLD's tan suite's casual style. If those are Persol (crossing my fingers like crazy) it is remenicient of the goldeneye tan suite/Persol combo. I'm really liking the addition of a tie with the casual look.

Appears that he is wearing the Seamaster with the nato strap.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    After a busy day of talking back and forth with folks about sunglasses here is what I have come up with.
    I think there is a good chance the glasses in the new pic are the Persol 9714s 24/33. We have seen these before at the Austria Photo call. Obviously until a higher res pic comes out we won't know for sure. I think you can clearly see that the logo of the glasses is larger than the typical TF "T". You can also see the mark where the silver hinge is for bending. I do not think they could be the 714s because these have a much smaller frame. Take it all with a grain of salt!

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    After a busy day of talking back and forth with folks about sunglasses here is what I have come up with.
    I think there is a good chance the glasses in the new pic are the Persol 9714s 24/33. We have seen these before at the Austria Photo call. Obviously until a higher res pic comes out we won't know for sure. I think you can clearly see that the logo of the glasses is larger than the typical TF "T". You can also see the mark where the silver hinge is for bending. I do not think they could be the 714s because these have a much smaller frame. Take it all with a grain of salt!

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

I think you've nailed it.
    here's a youtube review for a closer look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLf7gMR53P0
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Looks like he has taken the jacket from Frank Bullitt! - I cant believe we all laughed at our geography teachers in school for wearing brown suits, and now I want one!!
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Looks like he has taken the jacket from Frank Bullitt! - I cant believe we all laughed at our geography teachers in school for wearing brown suits, and now I want one!!

That's nowhere near the same as the tweed jacket in Bullitt. 8-)
    Matt S wrote:
    rebenton wrote:

Yes, it sure looks brown. But what pattern? Are you sure what you're seeing is just shadows from the tie twisting in the wind? I'd assume it's a solid repp like the other ties.

I was talking about the tie he's wearing with the grey striped suit (the top one)
    Skippy wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Have to say my minds eye is seeing different shades of jacket to trousers too, but as we all know that could just be the picture. Plus there doesn't appear to be a discernible crease in those like a proper pair of trousers, although again it hard to tell definitively.

But Matt, surely a proper suit shouldn't have provision for a belt, what with interrupting the follow of the suit by cutting the body in half and what-not? Which would strengthen the argument for this being a casual pair of trousers / chinos coupled with a blazer / sports jacket / whatever!
    + no visible pocket square, which seems to be a staple feature of DC's other formal suits.

In fact, I'm wondering if that outfit hasn't drawn inspiration from the Connery hacking jacket outfit from Goldfinger... ?:)

Now that I'm looking at the photo at home, the jacket and trousers do look to be two separate entities. They're a bit too close, at least in that photo.

There's nothing wrong with a belt with a suit, just it's a cleaner look without one. I agree with you. Moore's Hayward suits are worn with belts, as are his Castle suits in TMWTGG. Italian suits are all made with belt loops, except for Moore's Angelo suits in TSWLM and MR. It's a matter of taste.

I don't see any inspiration from the hacking jacket. It still looks more like Moore's brown suits, even if it isn't a suit.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

HaHa, hope so as I bought a pair back at the start of the year ! And very nice they are to :)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Npeal also offering a "Sölden, Austria" Tom Ford Gilet style Down and Cashmere alternative.

http://www.npeal.com/shop/product/55d3311d766a8c00030001d4/NPG-317-Down-and-Cashmere-Action-Jacket-Black

Probably a lot cheaper than the actual TF version.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Tom ford has posted images of bond in his suits on their Instagram. Confirming everything we already knew, still, nice to see it confirmed in some way.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Tom ford has posted images of bond in his suits on their Instagram. Confirming everything we already knew, still, nice to see it confirmed in some way.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope they release something about the navy sharkskin suit...not many photos of that suit so far
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Me too especially , I believe I've ordered that tie. if its the navy one.
    007 reporting for duty