Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    I think I actually prefer QoS to Skyfall in many respects. {:)
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    This has sure gotten off topic. First with the car, now with the age...
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Give us some interesting clothing info to discuss, then
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    ANYWAY - initially I was kinda suspicious towards the Rome outfit (3-piece suit) but now that I saw it in a Tom Ford promo on Instagram I have to say that it looks pretty freaking decent - James looks very mature in it. But also like someone mentioned before - Harvey Specter comes almost instantly to my mind... Even the same sunglasses, probably a coincidence but still - Harvey's style was based on McQueen's and Bond's combined so it's pretty ironic now that Bond looks actually like Harvey in season 3 of Suits :D
    Matt S wrote:

Is lack of something to talk about a reason to take a thread off topic?
    MrZareba wrote:
    ANYWAY - initially I was kinda suspicious towards the Rome outfit (3-piece suit) but now that I saw it in a Tom Ford promo on Instagram I have to say that it looks pretty freaking decent - James looks very mature in it. But also like someone mentioned before - Harvey Specter comes almost instantly to my mind... Even the same sunglasses, probably a coincidence but still - Harvey's style was based on McQueen's and Bond's combined so it's pretty ironic now that Bond looks actually like Harvey in season 3 of Suits :D

This is basically Tom Ford's signature look, which he established before Suits: a black or charcoal three piece suit, jacket with peaked lapels, black tie (though Ford's is usually knitted and not woven like Bond's), and white shirt with a pinned collar.
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

So you think we should just remain silent rather than a brief detour in reply to another posters' point of view in the absence of some fascinating new clothing factoid?
    Can you stop advancing this shitstorm please? :))
    Matt S wrote:

So you think we should just remain silent rather than a brief detour in reply to another posters' point of view?

I don't think we should remain silent. There are many other things to discuss than clothing in many other threads. I come to this thread hoping to find out more about the Spectre wardrobe and instead find something unrelated. There's no point in keeping this topic going with unrelated material when that material could better fit a non-wardrobe-related thread.
    MrZareba wrote:

Interesting how you define a "shitstorm" ?:) ;) -{
    MrZareba wrote:

Interesting how you define a "shitstorm" ?:) ;) -{

Well one thing that is unquestionable is that I'm not as serious as you? :)
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

OFFICIAL THEATRICAL POSTER
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    He did look a lot younger than in Skyall though. And more than the six years that had passed in real time.

Very, very true.

Looked good in QOS too. Though the movie was so bad its not really what you notice

You are forgetting in Skyfall he'd been lying around for a few months with depleted uranium poisoning his body.
    Makeup? ;)
    JG007 wrote:
    image.jpg

Not a fan of that dinner jacket or the bowtie.
    mrgatsby wrote:
    JG007 wrote:
    image.jpg

I love the DN/QoS style bow tie! But the second button and satin silk-faced lapels and pocket jets make the dinner jacket look like a cheap rental. The bright side is that now you can get a cheap rental dinner jacket that looks like something Bond wears. But this can't compare to the excellent examples Bond previously wears in GF, DAF and OP, all perfect.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    mrgatsby wrote:
    JG007 wrote:
    image.jpg

I love the DN/QoS style bow tie! But the second button and satin silk-faced lapels and pocket jets make the dinner jacket look like a cheap rental. The bright side is that now you can get a cheap rental dinner jacket that looks like something Bond wears. But this can't compare to the excellent examples Bond previously wears in GF, DAF and OP, all perfect.

I think the facings might be grosgrain. Take a look at the hi-res version of the poster released by Sony.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    I like the poster, despite the nit picking and obvious lack of real gusto behind it. Good mix of colours though. One thing I noticed is that the Omega 300 NATO is conspicuous by its absence in comparison to the previous teaser poster where it was a teaser within a teaser. I wonder if the decision to hide it was intentional ? It is clearly tucked away with not even a hint of strap or case. It would have beee nice to see a glimpse, as a watch pervert.
    Matt S wrote:
    mrgatsby wrote:

I think the facings might be grosgrain. Take a look at the hi-res version of the poster released by Sony.

Okay, but that doesn't make it any better.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Agreed.
    Matt S wrote:

I wasn't attempting to argue that it does. Just making an observation of the details.

I was just making sure ;)
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I wasn't attempting to argue that it does. Just making an observation of the details.

I was just making sure ;)

k5211,
    The producers I'm sure would be asking for another vault of $$$ to include Omega in the official poster.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Yeah you are probably right Mr Gatsby, it just reeks of interference from someone or other. Omega's marketing people don't seem to have the best of reputations when it come's to ideas. Oh well, shame.
    k5211 wrote:
    Yeah you are probably right Mr Gatsby, it just reeks of interference from someone or other. Omega's marketing people don't seem to have the best of reputations when it come's to ideas. Oh well, shame.

That's how It's done, product placement. The only way to generate the budget needed to make a great bond film with multiple location around the globe.
  • TheGrimFandangoTheGrimFandango California, USAPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    Heads up for those who need to order their Snowdon's: just ordered mine for $160.65 from Sole Eyewear with promo code Summer15.

http://www.soleeyewear.com/tom-ford-snowdon-tf-237-05b-black-havana-gray-gradient-50mm-sunglasses/

Google reseller ratings seemed legit, and PayPal is an option for payment if that's preferred. Crossing my fingers I don't get that dreaded "Out of stock" email. :))
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Heads up for those who need to order their Snowdon's: just ordered mine for $160.65 from Sole Eyewear with promo code Summer15.

http://www.soleeyewear.com/tom-ford-snowdon-tf-237-05b-black-havana-gray-gradient-50mm-sunglasses/

Google reseller ratings seemed legit, and PayPal is an option for payment if that's preferred. Crossing my fingers I don't get that dreaded "Out of stock" email. :))

yep....just received mine today from them...GREAT!
    snowdon_022.jpg
    One question, slightly off topic - maybe in a few months I will be able financialy to buy a pair of TF sunglasses, if you had a choice between the FT0108 (I know the price is absurd...), the FT0144 and FT0237, which one would you buy first? ?:)
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    One question, slightly off topic - maybe in a few months I will be able financialy to buy a pair of TF sunglasses, if you had a choice between the FT0108 (I know the price is absurd...), the FT0144 and FT0237, which one would you buy first? ?:)

TF144 Marko's.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

Hard one to answer as the aviators are soooo different to the wayfarer style. Depends what suits you...

Persol 9714s get my most wear, but really love my tf108's, just keep them for best given their continuous rising value ! Snowdons just arrived and North East UK suddenly seems to be heading in to winter, so not worn them out n about yet. Do like them tho...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Anybody else have quality issues with their Markos ? Over time both nose pads popped off and eventually a lens.. I have a pair of $20 AO military aviators that have withstood 3 years of wear at work... bombproof... but those danged Markos were delicate...
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    Anybody else have quality issues with their Markos ? Over time both nose pads popped off and eventually a lens.. I have a pair of $20 AO military aviators that have withstood 3 years of wear at work... bombproof... but those danged Markos were delicate...

Exactly the same problem here. I loved the look, loved the way they felt, but lost one nose pad and the screw in one side of the frame sheered in half causing the lens to fall out. Because the tiny screw was severed, no one could retrieve it so the best repair job offered was to solder/epoxy the frame together with the lens in place. The fix worked, but I rarely wear them for fear that they'll pop open again and be unwearable. I contemplated buying a replacement pair but figured it would likely happen again and therefore didn't bother. I contacted Tom Ford but received nothing in reply.
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

FT108 is the collectors item. The other sunglasses are just Regular Tom Ford ones and as mentioned in other posts - not the same quality as Persol's, Oliver People's, Cutler & Gross and Loro Piana. If I had a choice I would go either with the Persol 714 Steve McQueen Edition or the Loro Piana my sunglasses n.2 in the dyed black.