Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Hey everyone!

Might anyone know about a decent TF ski pant alternative? It's so hard to find similarly styled wool pants like the ones he wears at the Hoffler Klinic in the film.

I've recommended these before. Navy wool stirrups. Far more flattering too: http://www.barneys.com/moncler-brushed-twill-stirrup-pants-503933593.html#prefn1=brand&prefn2=productAccess&sz=48&start=67&prefv1=Moncler&prefv2=isPublic&pagetype=brand
  • LynchLynch Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Did anyone manage to get a JV just now? I think they restocked.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Lynch wrote:
    Did anyone manage to get a JV just now? I think they restocked.

nope ...
    I got an email from JV saying they restocked, but checking the site, it shows absolutely no sizes, so did they really restock or did they sell out really quick? I figured atleast one of us in here would have gotten one if it was available.
    I know the Radnors barely show in the Mr. White scene of SPECTRE but they are beautifully made, kick-ass boots. Just what one expects from Crockett & Jones!

IMG_1536.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Cheverian wrote:
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Hey everyone!

Might anyone know about a decent TF ski pant alternative? It's so hard to find similarly styled wool pants like the ones he wears at the Hoffler Klinic in the film.

I've recommended these before. Navy wool stirrups. Far more flattering too: http://www.barneys.com/moncler-brushed-twill-stirrup-pants-503933593.html#prefn1=brand&prefn2=productAccess&sz=48&start=67&prefv1=Moncler&prefv2=isPublic&pagetype=brand

just found these ... but i do not know the page (but they have a lot of movie clothes):

https://thetake.com/product/109569/under-armour-ua-storm-tactical-patrol-pants-spectre

anybody knows them?
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Hey everyone!

just found these ... but i do not know the page (but they have alot of movie clothes):

https://thetake.com/product/109569/under-armour-ua-storm-tactical-patrol-pants-spectre

anybody knows them?

Tom Ford made the pants in the movie. These certainly aren't them, and I would be careful of ordering from any site that makes false claims.
    Cheverian wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

just found these ... but i do not know the page (but they have alot of movie clothes):

anybody knows them?

Tom Ford made the pants in the movie. These certainly aren't them, and I would be careful of ordering from any site that makes false claims.

They dont say these are the actual pants ... they say the pants are a close match to the pants of the film ... they also sell the original Tom Ford Solden Jacket which are the exact match https://thetake.com/product/98307/tom-ford-knitted-sleeve-bomber-jacket-spectre
  • MS_SwannMS_Swann Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    question abot Léa Seydoux's dress from the train scene:
    I want to get it for my collection but since I won't wear it (:D), I want to go as screen accurate as possible.so what do you guys think, what's Léa's size? -{

In the Ghost Hollywood Selma dress from the train scene Lea would be a size XS.

Below are her measurements

Height 5'6'' or 168cm

Measurements 33-23-35 in or 84-58.5-89 cm

Dress Size 4 (US) or 34 (EU)

Bra Size 32B

Shoe Size 6.5 (US)
    MS_Swann wrote:
    question abot Léa Seydoux's dress from the train scene:
    I want to get it for my collection but since I won't wear it (:D), I want to go as screen accurate as possible.so what do you guys think, what's Léa's size? -{

In the Ghost Hollywood Selma dress from the train scene Lea would be a size XS.

Below are her measurements

Height 5'6'' or 168cm

Measurements 33-23-35 in or 84-58.5-89 cm

Dress Size 4 (US) or 34 (EU)

Bra Size 32B

Shoe Size 6.5 (US)

Haha... why do you have her measurements? :))
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

anybody knows them?

They dont say these are the actual pants ... they say the pants are a close match to the pants of the film ... they also sell the original Tom Ford Solden Jacket which are the exact match https://thetake.com/product/98307/tom-ford-knitted-sleeve-bomber-jacket-spectre

That site looks dodgy as hell :s Some of the clothing ID's are just plan wrong (3 piece suit from QoS - fail / 3 piece suit from Skyfall with a picture of DC wearing a suit and overcoat - fail / black suit - never seen DC in a black suit as Bond - so fail / their showing a suit for Tanner in Skyfall as being Zegna ?:) when I can tell you for a fact he was dressed in a Hackett Chelsea cut suit - major fail) and I would suggest from some of the stuff they have up on their site they are ripping ajb off for intel, because who else on the web is ID'ing Dior for the Mr. White jacket, yet it splattered up on there and marked 'Sold Out' - my arse.

Mark my words - avoid it or regret it :(
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    Lynch wrote:
    I got an email from JV saying they restocked, but checking the site, it shows absolutely no sizes, so did they really restock or did they sell out really quick? I figured atleast one of us in here would have gotten one if it was available.

I have been keeping an eye on their website all week. There have been some restocks but only size L or XL from what I have seen and even then it appears only small quantities, so perhaps they are offering up returns rather than a proper re-stock...??

And regardless of those sizes appearing, the info about a mid-November re-stock has stayed up on the page. I'd guess they quoted mid-November, but like the Billy Reid and Barbour re-stocks around this time for Skyfall, they are probably being held up by the schedules of their manufacturer.
    Skippy wrote:
    Lynch wrote:

I have been keeping an eye on their website all week. There have been some restocks but only size L or XL from what I have seen and even then it appears only small quantities, so perhaps they are offering up returns rather than a proper re-stock...??

And regardless of those sizes appearing, the info about a mid-November re-stock has stayed up on the page. I'd guess they quoted mid-November, but like the Billy Reid and Barbour re-stocks around this time for Skyfall, they are probably being held up by the schedules of their manufacturer.

I've received an email this morning saying they've already restocked, and they have also removed the "restocking in mid november" blurb from their site.

I assume this is it, they've "restocked" with a couple of jackets and are calling it a day. Hopefully not, but I've emailed back to JV online CS and hope they'll have better news.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

anybody knows them?

Ive got those Under Armour Pants from my previous job, great pants but they are nothing like anything any james bond has ever worn! they are a heavy cotton BDU/Military pant.... They are in no way a close match to any of the SP clothing.... not even similar
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I know the Radnors barely show in the Mr. White scene of SPECTRE but they are beautifully made, kick-ass boots. Just what one expects from Crockett & Jones!

IMG_1536.jpg

Fantastic purchase. Those are my favorite C&J shoes from the movie. Enjoy man -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    explore007 wrote:
    Hi - What is the sizing like on the Aldo boots - I have narrow feet and vary between 8 and 9 (Uk) so am wondering if UK 8.5 is the way to go. Has anybody found them coming up either large or small?

I just got a US 9 in the Aldo's. I usually wear a 9 US in most shoes, but I wear a 8.5 US in Clark's. The US 9 Aldo's fit like a glove, but with no discomfort. So, they fell like they run small to me, but they seem to have a lot of flex to them.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Hey everyone!

Cheverian,

How do they fit? Are they extremely tight/skinny or do they have some looseness to them?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    From a conversation yesterday it appears the only JV's "restocked" from now on are returns.

Was interested to know as going to sell my unworn brand new / tagged Medium...

Steve - def sticking with my Large! -{
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    As requested some new and better pictures of the OB Marlone shirt:

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    From a conversation yesterday it appears the only JV's "restocked" from now on are returns.

I would be interested, as I've missed out on the restock, and still looking for a size M. Sent you a PM! Cheers {[]
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    As requested some new and better pictures of the OB Marlone shirt:

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

Many thanks!

Take this with a HUGE pinch of salt but I am starting to think this is not the one.

On Thursday when I watched the film and purposely concentrated on the train scene etc I could make out the contrast weave of the linen - there were also strands of deeper blue in the weave. As I said take this with a huge grain of salt as we know how things distort in film!

One things for sure its main colour appears to be Sky blue. If it is indeed Orlebar I think it only gives us two choices anyhow?

1) Malone (as you pictured)
    2) Morton 1 (old version)

Was there any other Sky coloured OB shirts past or present??

Tempted to just simply pickup both of the above
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I hear you :) but even if the shirt is not the shirt, i am very happy with it. I am not a hardcore collector of the SA outfits ... i like the inspiration of the style and that makes me already happy. Of course I am proud if I can own a piece of movie history if I am lucky enough to get a piece, but if not, it does not kill me. (I try to tell myself at least ... because I have the Levis vintage jacket in black, which should be brown, but did not find it ... I have the JCrew Kentons in Boulder, which I would have preferred in Sahara (wearing the Aldo version right now) etc. but I have the limited Barbour jacket, some of the Sunspel polos and t-shirts which are SA .... oh and the SM300 which really upsets me that it is not the SA LE version.)

For a long time I wanted a OB shirt ,,, now I have one and if it is only close to the movie shirt, that's OK.I cannot do the look, as I dont have the matchless nor the BC trousers and belt.

Looking forward to receive the Moncler "Solden" jacket ,,, -{
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Friedl41 wrote:
    explore007 wrote:
    Hi - What is the sizing like on the Aldo boots - I have narrow feet and vary between 8 and 9 (Uk) so am wondering if UK 8.5 is the way to go. Has anybody found them coming up either large or small?

Thanks
    Great to hear that you like the boots. They are pretty much spot on- but I didn't track them down. The original poster was Stefan, so kudos and props to the main man!

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/786382/#p786382

Cheers, then,

Blair

I have both the JCrew Kentons and the Aldo boots in US size 10 and I find the Aldo boots fit a little bit more snug than the JCrews ... usually I wear 8.5-9.0 with Church and C&J, as I have wide feet.

hope this helps

Agreed, just received my Aldo's this morning in my usual 9.5uk as pet Stefan's earlier comments. Dismayed to find they are very narrow, will have to exchange for a 10. Definitely run small IMO. Nice boots for the money though, the lack of fully leather lined interior is to be expected at the price but seem well made.

**edit - have tried the Aldo's again this afternoon and they feel more accommodating all of a sudden, whilst snug they are comfortable, so will stick with them I think with appropriate shoe trees installed to give them a bit of a stretch.
    ATTENTION:

JV jackets back in store .... all sizes in case you are interested ...

https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,097MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Mark, I got my Kentons. While a little tight right out of the box while wearing heavy socks, I expect they will stretch with wear. In the meantime I have put some XL shoe trees in them. That should do the trick. The heels seem to fit snugly but not tight at all. Quite nice so far.

What was the difference between the large and medium JV? Chest and shoulders? When I was in the San Francisco JV store I found that the medium jackets were skin tight on me, assuming they could be zipped at all. Maybe suitable for a fashion show, but not real life.

Sorry to hear that JV's latest "restock" is just returns. Always amazes me when "high end" brands act like they don't want to take our money. The jacket was one of the Spectre clothing items in GQ, so it's not just the die-hard Bond fans wanting it now.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Mark, I got my Kentons. White a little tight right out of the box while wearing heavy socks, I expect they will stretch with wear. In the meantime I have put some XL shoe trees in them. That should do the trick. The heels seem to fit snugly but not tight at all. Quite nice so far.

What was the difference between the large and medium JV? Chest and shoulders? When I was in the San Francisco JV store I found that the medium jackets were skin tight on me, assuming they could be zipped at all. Maybe suitable for a fashion show, but not real life.

Sorry to hear that JV's latest "restock" is just returns. Always amazes me when "high end" brands act like they don't want to take our money. The jacket was one of the Spectre clothing items in GQ, so it's not just the die-hard Bond fans wanting it now.

no, looks like all sizes are back online now ...
    Friedl41 wrote:
    no, looks like all sizes are back online now ...

So it does as of 3pm London/7am California time. I hope those who want it can get it and use the 15% promo code.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Friedl41. -{
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Mark, I got my Kentons. While a little tight right out of the box while wearing heavy socks, I expect they will stretch with wear. In the meantime I have put some XL shoe trees in them. That should do the trick. The heels seem to fit snugly but not tight at all. Quite nice so far.

Medium is 21 pit to pit. Not much of a diff but like you say, just makes it a fraction too slim...

The Kentons are ok on me. Half size up on C and J / Churchs

Just waiting for the BC chinos Craig scld me to arrive, got a v nice linen jacket yest in BC style, then done until a good Dior replica comes along!!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Medium is 21 pit to pit. Not much of a diff but like you say, just makes it a fraction too slim...

The Kentons are ok on me. Half size up on C and J / Churchs

Just waiting for the BC chinos Craig scld me to arrive, got a v nice linen jacket yest in BC style, then done until a good Dior replica comes along!!!

Still looking for a decent BC style jacket to go with the BC chinos I have. Here's one on EBay but unfortunately too small for me :(
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141718953205?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Llafyks wrote:
    Still looking for a decent BC style jacket to go with the BC chinos I have. Here's one on EBay but unfortunately too small for me :(
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141718953205?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Too big for me.