The Bond Experience

Comments

• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Wow! amazing! Thanks Blair, and David for that amazing interview!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Blair deserves 100% of the credit....amazing relationship.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Hehe - looked like you got a little schoolboy shy right at the end :)

Great stuff!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Being French/Belgian she was very huggy and kissy. 2 rounds of three. Back of the net!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Fantastic interview! I agree with everything she said!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Being French/Belgian she was very huggy and kissy. 2 rounds of three. Back of the net!
    Really?
    She seemed to be a very nice lady. I love how she pronounces "Daniéle".
    Interesting that the Morocco outfit wasn't inspired by Dalton's outfit.
    Equally interesting is how she mentioned that with good tailoring you can't even notice that you're wearing a suit as "Daniéle" seemed to be bursting out of his. Especially in his weepingly beautiful tuxedo.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Great Interview! She was certainly singing praises for Skyfall and Craig's body.
    As the person who wound up editing this I heard each section about seven times and I swear I had a new nugget of information every time I listened to it. Really insightful and we hope to have more of these from people behind the scenes in the very near future.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Excellent! Great work guys! -{
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    Guys (Blair/ David) just watched the latest VLog and have to say very impressive and great catch!
    As others have said team effort well done you pulled off a blinder here :D
    Some great insight and nice of her to take the time out of her busy schedule.

Keep them coming and do keep up the great work.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    Well done Blair and David! So Cool! Loved Jany's professional explanation about how all of these Hollywood looks, behind the smoke and mirrors, come to be. So awesome that the Rome suit came to be as a result that Bond would wanted to blend in as a mafia guy in that intense meeting scene. Makes total sense! I thought the white dinner jacket explanation was great too.

Also, how great is it that Jany was always a Bond fan herself like us and landed her dream gig?!!! So cool
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    Just amazing gentlemen! {[] thank you for bringing us this. This is next level stuff. Learned so much about the thought patterns behind her choices and her as a person. Also, great to learn about the person who has designed a good bit of our wardrobes :)) Such a reminder of the power and importance of relationships and how we are all just people who want to make good work and to have that work appreciated, no matter the scale. Bravo! {[]

Very, very fascinating about the TLD outfit not being the inspiration. Makes sense, as the colors are natural for the environment and Craig's Bond's ubiquitous use of navy polos. Top work gentlemen -{

also, love the comment about how Blair is a primary example of the Bond Experience culture. I couldn't agree more, as I found myself relating to your excitement Blair. Great experience! :007)
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Nothing to add anymore that's been said , outstanding work to pull this off guys.
    really insightful stuff , loved the fact she said English brands are fabulous clothing so why wouldn't I choose them.
    The Barbour choice was particularly interesting.
    So are the chinos TF or BC and was it a last minute change or Jany just plainly forgot. :))
    007 reporting for duty
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Nothing to add anymore that's been said , outstanding work to pull this off guys.
    really insightful stuff , loved the fact she said English brands are fabulous clothing so why wouldn't I choose them.
    The Barbour choice was particularly interesting.
    So are the chinos TF or BC and was it a last minute change or Jany just plainly forgot. :))

I also perked up at her mention of the Morocco pants at one point being Tom Ford jeans. It made me curious enough to see what was out there that might have been the alternative she considered.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Thank you all so much for your kind and generous words. Feeling very humble and humbled. It was great fun to do. Jany was amazed that we did it all in one take, but needs must! I actually had a whole spiel of about 20 minutes worth of questions memorised, but once Jany started, there was no stopping her! With the distinct possibility that DC is doing at least one more, maybe she'll get the call, too, and we can arrange another chat, and hopefully, scoop the inside track on her next choices, and grab them whilst they're still in store!

Cheers, again, one and all,

Blair
    Just amazing gentlemen! {[] thank you for bringing us this. This is next level stuff. Learned so much about the thought patterns behind her choices and her as a person. Also, great to learn about the person who has designed a good bit of our wardrobes :)) Such a reminder of the power and importance of relationships and how we are all just people who want to make good work and to have that work appreciated, no matter the scale. Bravo! {[]

Very, very fascinating about the TLD outfit not being the inspiration. Makes sense, as the colors are natural for the environment and Craig's Bond's ubiquitous use of navy polos. Top work gentlemen -{

also, love the comment about how Blair is a primary example of the Bond Experience culture. I couldn't agree more, as I found myself relating to your excitement Blair. Great experience! :007)
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Thank you all so much for your kind and generous words. Feeling very humble and humbled. It was great fun to do. Jany was amazed that we did it all in one take, but needs must! I actually had a whole spiel of about 20 minutes worth of questions memorised, but once Jany started, there was no stopping her! With the distinct possibility that DC is doing at least one more, maybe she'll get the call, too, and we can arrange another chat, and hopefully, scoop the inside track on her next choices, and grab them whilst they're still in store!

Cheers, again, one and all,

Blair

After the BC/TF slip, she may end up telling us the wrong item :)) .

Honestly though, thanks to her for taking time out of her day to entertain us and you/David for putting this all together. Would be amazing if we could get another interview for the next movie, assuming she is on board.

BTW, the part about the TF polo and your body/Daniel's was hilarious. She completely threw your joke under the bus and gushed about Daniel.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    We take a look into the Safari Jacket movement with a few examples out there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtvpOv2dn5A

I'm a big fan of military-inspired pieces. Tom Ford has taken a cue from military wardrobe for quite a number of seasons. FYI, if anyone is interested, there is a TF Safari jacket in tan available right now at Neiman Marcus. Only one size left (48IT) but it's marked down from $2,190 to $985. I'd definitely snap it up if I was in the market for a new jacket. But for anyone interested -

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/TOM-FORD-Lightweight-Vintage-Wash-Safari-Jacket-Tan/prod188690227_cat46510751__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat46510751%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526Ns%253DPCS_SORT%2526refinements%253D4294875517&eItemId=prod188690227&cmCat=product

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    quality as always , I too hope theres more causal outfits.
    Looking forward to new vlogs
    Now the excitement begins -{
    The Mantis wrote:
    007 reporting for duty
    In a new series entry we discuss The Brands of Bond...these are brands that have association with the Bond movies but who have expanded into other luxury directions....in this one we discuss Orlebar Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWVUGpRMSdM
    ob_final.jpg
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Great VLOG David even this far out now we have some dates the excitement starts to build!

Looking forward to some interesting times over the next few years. I really have missed the circus ( as Cubby would say) that comes with each new film.

Cheers :007)

PS Loved the OB VLOG as well cool to bring your son in - start them early! :D
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    The Mantis wrote:
    In a new series entry we discuss The Brands of Bond...these are brands that have association with the Bond movies but who have expanded into other luxury directions....in this one we discuss Orlebar Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWVUGpRMSdM
    ob_final.jpg

Another great one David! Really cool to get your son's point of view as well. I can't say enough good things about Orlebar Brown. Every piece feels so special. They are my absolute favorite warm weather Bond brand. The quality is so high, yet the vibe is so relaxed. They really make perfect clothing and are appropriately priced. Thanks for sharing David. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Another great video David -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Thanks so much gents!
    Our international senior correspondent, Blair Ballard chats with David Mason of Mason & Sons on their support of the legacy of Bond and brands that are seeing a resurgence.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzug5yQ0zY&t=25s

mason.jpg
    The Mantis wrote:
    Our international senior correspondent, Blair Ballard chats with David Mason of Mason & Sons on their support of the legacy of Bond and brands that are seeing a resurgence.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzug5yQ0zY&t=25s

mason.jpg

Another amazing one David. Such a cool brand with an amazing connection with Bond and making clothes for the fans like us. Can't wait for what's to come from this brand. Once my bank account recovers from the Harrington project (and now the the TFpolo project) I'll be picking up a safari jacket and hopefully much more to come!
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I think Blair needs his own shoutout - I love your work every bit as much as Davids, Blair! Very well done! {[]
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Another great vlog - fascinating to hear all the background stories to our favourite brands!
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1