Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Well done to you angelicbond some great looks there
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Ha ha! Looking good! My neck of the woods.. I live on the North Island of NZ, and head down to QT about 3 times a year... can’t get enough of that place. Were you there with the Mission Impossible film crew.. or just a coincidence?

Just a fantastically beautiful part of the world. Cannot get enough of the view.

Yeah apparently they were filming M:I6 there. My 4WD adventure at Skippers Canyon rd had to be delayed as there were filming around that location. Meet some wonderful ladies there who were involved with filming and were doing some sight-seeing. -{
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-775-BRIONI-PHI-140s-Virgin-Wool-Flat-Front-Pants-32-Tan-/172083277692?hash=item2810f66f7c:g:bCMAAOSwNSxVO7iM
    Brioni tan/more of a khaki colour pants that could work as a Brunello Cucinelli alternative.
    Not exactly cheap, but they could work.
    They are probably the right colour.
    Something for the smaller waisted gentlemen (like me), with money to burn (unlike me :#).

One shirt that never gets the attention it deserves is the one worn with the linen suit in Die Another Day.
    It is certainly a unique pattern and I can't find one that even remotely looks like the one from the movie.
    Could anyone try to help me find one?
    a reasonable rate of return
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Is the general consensus that the Clarks Bushacre 2 in Brown Suede is a good close alternate for the Quantum Church Ryder?
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Is the general consensus that the Clarks Bushacre in Brown Suede is a good close alternate for the Quantum Church Ryder?

Meh. I think there are better alternatives out there for just about the same price.

The Florsheim Constable Chukka ($99) is a solid shoe with the stacked heel of the Ryder III. I have a pair of these boots and have been happy with them:

http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12118-001.html

12118-245.jpg
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Cheverian wrote:
    Is the general consensus that the Clarks Bushacre in Brown Suede is a good close alternate for the Quantum Church Ryder?

Meh. I think there are better alternatives out there for just about the same price.

The Florsheim Constable Chukka ($99) is a solid shoe with the stacked heel of the Ryder III. I have a pair of these boots and have been happy with them:

http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12118-001.html

12118-245.jpg

Thank you for the response! Much appreciated! But my interest in the Clarks Bushacre 2's is mainly because they are on sale seemingly everywhere now.... I know there are better shoes for about the $100 range but IMO Bushacre 2's for $45 at shoes.com isn't half bad for a shoe that gets pretty close and still looks decent even if not going for Bond.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    FWIW The Bushacre is a great budget alternative to the hard-to-find Zara desert boots in Skyfall.

Here's the Zara.

image.jpg

And here's the Bushacre in Sand Sable:

41w92_K30ou_L.jpg
  • Jonno10Jonno10 Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    QOS Villa alternative now down to £30 on all sizes....

https://www.thehut.com/jeans-clothing/men/clothing/hackett-london-men-s-trinity-twill-five-pocket-trousers-sand/11333649.html?variation=11333653
    cheers for that , i will
    Jonno10 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) fair enough

Just spoken to one of their reps on live chat....it is wrong but they can't honour the lower price on other sizes yet. The issue has been raised with their technical team. Best just to keep an eye on the page to see if it changes.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Jonno10 wrote:

https://www.thehut.com/jeans-clothing/men/clothing/hackett-london-men-s-trinity-twill-five-pocket-trousers-sand/11333649.html?variation=11333653
    cheers for that , i will
    Jonno10 wrote:

Just spoken to one of their reps on live chat....it is wrong but they can't honour the lower price on other sizes yet. The issue has been raised with their technical team. Best just to keep an eye on the page to see if it changes.

Bingo -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    **F/S - Alternative (Lacoste) QoS Black Shawl Neck Cardigan (Size Medium) - £75**

Used/worn - Good condition. Bargain price of £75 (retailed at £225)
    Black,Lacoste Shawl Neck cardigan. Lacoste Crocodile logo in silver. Heavy Cable knit, Pure Wool. Limited Edition, high quality. Lacoste Size Medium (5), listed on Lacoste size chart as 40.5" - 41.5" chest although comes up bigger (a big medium). Beautiful example of high quality knitwear.

PM me if interested.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Top man mate , ordered my size
    what a steal £30 free delivery
    Jonno10 wrote:

cheers for that , i will
    Jonno10 wrote:

007 reporting for duty
  • CB0012CB0012 Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    81_E7lr_LYim_L._UL1500.jpg

Found a nice little compliment to the Aqua Terra from Seiko. 42mm case with stainless steel bracelet. Dial is blue and does have teak pattern. Pretty damn close if you ask me. Might have to pull the trigger on this one....
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    CB0012 wrote:

Found a nice little compliment to the Aqua Terra from Seiko. 42mm case with stainless steel bracelet. Dial is blue and does have teak pattern. Pretty damn close if you ask me. Might have to pull the trigger on this one....

Not bad at all. What's the reference number of the watch?
  • CB0012CB0012 Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    CB0012 wrote:

Not bad at all. What's the reference number of the watch?
    SUR153P1
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Thanks, CB0012.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Here's that Zara microfiber jacket I mentioned upthread that's a decent alt for the Varvatos suede racer.

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg
    This could work as an alternative for the LTK Dunhill Unique lighter.
    From what I've seen they seem to have a great reputation, that.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Boy-IM-Corona-Butane-Pipe-Lighter-90-Degree-Flame-Chrome-Hairlines-1205-/252898757940?epid=1448613865&hash=item3ae1f0cd34:g:VxEAAOSwIWVZALCT
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    A more or less useless article from Esquire UK about updating Bond's style
    http://www.esquire.co.uk/style/news/a16069/james-bond-boring-style/
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    A more or less useless article from Esquire UK about updating Bond's style
    http://www.esquire.co.uk/style/news/a16069/james-bond-boring-style/

I don't want to be a hater, but the writer isn't exactly a shining example of "style", nor does he have a finger on the pulse in terms of "sense of occasion". 8-)
    Finlay_Renwick.png
    He's the guy on the left by the way.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Wow, except for the break in his pants he is totally an opinion leader on style :))

Maybe Bond should wear capris next time :D

Best,
    Stefan
    nafets47 wrote:
    Maybe Bond should wear capris next time :D
    When Bond had "a sense of adventure" as the article calls it, he did :)).
    2zxt7gl.png
    To think that people like him get paid for writing those articles 8-)
    I shudder at least once when I see how men are dressed anywhere. From the streets, to awards ceremonies on TV, there's always something I dislike.
    I'm not saying that I'm the role model for how to be an immaculately dressed man (though, I don't think I'm that far off ;)) but if you're not gonna tie a tie properly or not tuck in a shirt that is meant to be tucked in, ditch it all together.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I picked these up in our local M&S for a fiver in the sale ,not bad for a CR alternative ,its a pity they didn't have the blue/sky version
    swim_shorts_002.jpg
    I can only wear them in the garden :s as my wife says I look dreadfull in them in public :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    My budget Bolivia outfit

Royale Jacket
    Sunspel Polo
    Levi's jeans
    Loake Kemptons
    Paired with PO 2500
    Tom Ford Williams

Definitely in the style of......but about 3K cheaper

Cheers :007)

IMG_6427.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Beautiful.
    Which Royale jacket version, if I may ask?
    I'm thinking of getting the V2 for sale now but should I hold out for the nicer V3? By the way, I'm a size small.
    Beautiful.
    Which Royale jacket version, if I may ask?
    I'm thinking of getting the V2 for sale now but should I hold out for the nicer V3? By the way, I'm a size small.
    Mine is the original V1 I think I have both this and the black one from QOS as well. Crazy thing is I am MED in the .Blue but a Small in the Black to get the fits I wanted.

Realiity is any of these Royale jackets are the closest ever match you will get to the genuine thing. So I don't think you will go far wrong with any version I am guessing with the TF re run recently on this jacket arranged direct with TF but the AJBers there might be a few Royales on the market later.

• angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Excellent match - well done!
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Loake Kemptons

Aren't these a great pair of shoes. Mine have been holding up for 7 years and counting. When I got more into the Bond clothing thing, I was always happy that I had the suede chukka boots already covered :)
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
    Bond44 wrote:
    Loake Kemptons

Aren't these a great pair of shoes. Mine have been holding up for 7 years and counting. When I got more into the Bond clothing thing, I was always happy that I had the suede chukka boots already covered :)

You me both! :D
    Brown suede chukka boots work with jeans, chinos or even a navy suit. I have lived in mine for years (pre Bond in fact). A quality made pair will last a lifetime. I send mine back to be resoled by Loake annually to keep them in tip top shape. Quality comes at a price yes but they last forever!

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    Annually seems a bit exaggerated @ £ 80 (?), but it's certainly good to know they can be repaired anytime if necessary.
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."