• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I'm in. Size L for me please.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Another for 44L, looks great!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Gentlemen,
    This is the initial sample of the Mr. White (Altaussee Jacket) I should have it about the same time I receive the Solden jacket production. Now being an initial sample I expect there will be quite a few small changes, so please do let me know your thoughts, but on the whole I think we've captured the design nicely.
    index.jpg
    back.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I'll take a longer look at the sample photos later today but this looks great Dan
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Very nice, I love the colour.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    That looks pretty amazing Dan!
    It'd be nice to see it with the neck open and without the fur collar. I'm surprised you've bothered with the fur collar actually. Most people will probably lose it for the screen accurate look as soon as it's taken out of the box.

Good work as always!! Can't wait to get hold of this!! {[]
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Magnetic closures ? Impressive
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Gentlemen,
    This is the initial sample of the Mr. White (Altaussee Jacket) I should have it about the same time I receive the Solden jacket production. Now being an initial sample I expect there will be quite a few small changes, so please do let me know your thoughts, but on the whole I think we've captured the design nicely.
    index.jpg
    back.jpg

Looks fantastic Dan. It will be a great addition to my Skyfall Peacoat and Quantum Harrington.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    This is awesome Dan! Now I just need to expand my back account so I can get this and the Solden jacket :)) 8-)
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Wow!... Looks like you raised the bar on replicas again!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Wow Dan. Looks really good. Will the fur collar be detachable?
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Looks absolutely superb!! Any chance of a pic without collar and also unzipped to see the flap / buttons?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Thank you gents. These are my manufacturers pics, I'd love to show it minus the fur collar (detachable) and unzipped, but I think he's ready to ship it. The popper closures is one thing we are having difficulty with, he managed to source something similar, but it's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack to match the original poppers. I'm extremely pleased with it and I hope we can offer it for less than $249usd. Thats a price maximum guys, I'll do my best to bring it in under that once we've fully priced the materials. I believe this is a 35% cashmere/wool blend, but will have to confirm that with him. I think this is the closest we've been on an initial sample so with a few minor tweaks, we'll have a great replica available soon.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Superb work Dan!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Wow... Magnetic snaps...very impressive.
    I look forward to it.
    Is the colour accurate ?
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Another L here please. PM sent.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    It's pretty pathetic how psyched I am to own this jacket!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent

No... because pissing away $6k on a jacket...as in.. an article of clothing.... just because it's the actual "brand name".. is ... well... it is what is it is.. but paying around $250 to a guy who shares the passion, interest, and appreciation for the hobby, the character, and enjoyment of the 007 style actually has some sincere merit... nothing pathetic about it at all... even if I were independently wealthy, I'd rather pay a guy like this for a jacket than pay a ransom just to own a brand name... this is just good all the way around
    MFisher wrote:

No... because pissing away $6k on a jacket...as in.. an article of clothing.... just because it's the actual "brand name".. is ... well... it is what is it is.. but paying around $250 to a guy who shares the passion, interest, and appreciation for the hobby, the character, and enjoyment of the 007 style actually has some sincere merit... nothing pathetic about it at all... even if I were independently wealthy, I'd rather pay a guy like this for a jacket than pay a ransom just to own a brand name... this is just good all the way around

X2

And sometimes, it is more screen accurate :)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    MFisher wrote:

I think both are ok, it's all a matter of perspective. It may not surprise you to know that your jacket will be very accurate because someone "pissed away" their money...
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    MFisher wrote:

I think both are ok, it's all a matter of perspective. It may not surprise you to know that your jacket will be very accurate because someone "pissed away" their money...

David is right. You pay your money if you want and if it brings you joy... The Dior is a beautiful piece, too much for my priorities, but I would of if I could of. Congrats to David, Paul and Ross, to name a few!
    If not "then dont, I couldnt care less" quote
    Snd good on Mr Love for his incredible efforts...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Agree with the above.
    I just find sometimes prices completely disconnected with reality.
    The Dior jacket is a good example.

And yes, thanks to those who bought the original item and help us to improve the replicas!
    Guys I thought I’d just chime in on this... it’s a bit of awkward topic for me actually. I never really intended ROYALE to be growing as it is... I just wanted a Harrington, so I made my own, but the reality is that if it weren’t for collectors as passionate as David, who go out and acquire these original pieces, my job would be a lot, LOT harder. The original Dior in this case is more of an investment to me and really does belong in an amazing Bond collection such as David’s, it’s very exclusive and not something I could bring myself to wear out and about, but David has been very gracious helping me out with a lot of the finer details.

The reason it’s a bit awkward for me is I’m in the business of ‘borrowing designs’ which I have morally struggled with at times as some pieces are still in production. Having said that, anyone who has followed the Solden jacket is aware that Mr. Ford has borrowed that design from Moncler with the smallest of changes, so it would seem. This fashion caper does have a lot of grey areas and I guess nothing is truly original. I view what I offer as something different to the originals. If you're a hard core uncompromising collector, you get the original if possible which is basically an investment within your collection. And if you’re intention is to wear it out and about at every opportunity, you get the replica. A lot like a Shelby Cobra, the guy with the original has an amazing investment and he takes it out twice a year, but you can’t wipe the smile off the face of the replica owner, because he drives it EVERY weekend.

At a personal level, I myself wouldn’t be dropping the sort of cash which Dior is charging as I am in no position to justify that sort of outlay, even if it is made from the tears of baby seals. That being said, it will prove a great investment in years to come I’m sure. In summary then, I think you buy the original and the replica for different reasons. At almost 6k am I losing any sleep over ‘borrowing’ the design of the Dior??? ...not in the slightest.

-{

Dan.
    Well said Dan... in the end it is all about perspective... and my comment about "pissing away" money was only an opinion here David.. apologies if I have irked you or any others with that.. Anyhow.. I appreciate the fact people like you, Dan are doing what you do... as well as appreciate those who are assisting in getting the details nailed down
    MFisher wrote:
    Well said Dan... in the end it is all about perspective... and my comment about "pissing away" money was only an opinion here David.. apologies if I have irked you or any others with that.. Anyhow.. I appreciate the fact people like you, Dan are doing what you do... as well as appreciate those who are assisting in getting the details nailed down

I think many people do share your frustration, with so many of these originals being unatainable for us mere mortals, but never fear... I got you. (thanks to Mr. Z)
    Yeah... in the end.. I do stand by my statement that $6k for a clothing article is "pissing away" money... it is... but that is from my perspective.. so.. it's a personal statement.. an opinion.. I'm a single parent on a cop's salary... so yeah.. throwing out close to 10% of my years salary on a freakin' jacket is just that.. "pissing away" money... if you have that kind of income to buy it.. I say go for it.. seriously.. enjoy it.. be happy.. I totally get it... because day in and day out I see people who live under unbelievably horrible circumstances compared to my own.. so yeah.. perspective... its all about levels of perspective...
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I actually never think about it that way. That's just how the world works - some people have so much money they seriously have no idea what to do with it, it's obvious that Tom Ford clothes are not meant to be bought by someone who saves money for a year in order to buy a jacket that was worn by Bond for 4000$ - some of you do it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it! But the majority of Tom Ford's or Dior Homme's clientele are people who are going to treat it the same way we treat stuff we buy in H&M - they destroy one, they buy another one for the same crazy price we consider absolutely stupid. That's it. There are not a lot of people in this world who are able to do that, hence why you have only 20 of those Dior jackets in navy ever produced for instance. Me myself I'm a lover of luxury items and I am absolutely certain that if, by any chance, I will be making a crap load of money in the future I will be also buying jackets for 5k - for the same simple reason that I will be able to do it!
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    Put me down for an XS. Email sent.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    It's all good. Let's get back to nutty but passionate hobby.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    As before Dan, I'm in for a large (45 chest)

And as to the very adult discussion above, it's clear that MFisher makes some sound points, and Dan and David get it... Precisely why they do what they do and many others are thankful.

Indeed, I'd echo what MFisher said above - that even if I could afford the Dior, or the TF, I'd nearly always rather help support someone like Dan who is trying to serve the genuine Bond fan.

That's what AJB used to be all about....