ROYALE Filmwear Mr. White (Altaussee) Jacket

Comments

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Gents, for those ordering their jackets, why are you sizing up? These do not fit like the Solden jacket....I received a medium today and I believe it has a classic/generous cut. I will actually be getting a small as my final size....review vlog to come when small arrives...should be just a few days.

I had to size up due to the shoulders. The XL would be too small by almost 2". I'll get it tailored and it should fit me like a glove.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Gents, for those ordering their jackets, why are you sizing up? These do not fit like the Solden jacket....I received a medium today and I believe it has a classic/generous cut. I will actually be getting a small as my final size....review vlog to come when small arrives...should be just a few days.

I think some people also responded to Dan's "Chest Size Guide in Inches" which included a 3" tolerance above the pit to part sizing. I imagine there will be some swapping posts when the deliveries start arriving.
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Really? I think I saw in your video that you wear a Large in the Spectre Polo from Magnoli and I wear a medium in that same polo. I know completely different products, but in regards to your fit versus mine... I ordered a medium in this jacket because according to the size chart (chest size guide in inches was a factor), medium should have fit me best (and Daniel thought the same).

You've got me worried now!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Based on Dan's size chart and the chest measurement, I needed to size up.
    I would have loved to have The Mantis' review before ordering...
    Just an idea for next time -{
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Damn- I normally wear the same size as you David but I sized up to a large! It was such a dilemma- I thought at least I could get it tailored if it's too big but wish I'd gone for a medium now.....
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    I've ordered a large but based on The Mantis' post- I think I should've gone for a medium so if anyone has a medium but would've preferred a large- please let me know.
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I simply compared sizes from the Harrington. I have a small Harrington that fits me snugly. The measurements for the medium Altaussee jacket corresponded in the chest and shoulders, so I picked that. I also have a large chest-waist ratio (41 - 30) so will probably have to have the waist taken in, but from the size chart, I wouldn't have been able to take a small.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Did not mean to worry people....if you spoke to Dan I am sure he has given you wise counsel...my only point is I asked for a medium based on the chart saying chest size 39....that being said, now that I have the jacket I should have gone with my usual pit to pit measurement which would have put me at a small...the tolerance in the chest he speaks of had the medium giving me too much room and didn't represent the more fitted look you see in the film. I think if you ordered with all measurements in mind as opposed to just the chest size listing you should be gold...in my review I am going to show the medium fit on me vs. the small so people can see the differences....

Oh, by the way.....you will all be very happy with the details and quality that Dan has captured!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

Your baby is so cute!
    Congratulations
    I'm sure he will be a Bond fan too :)

Cheers mate, did the boots fit btw?

Yes They are great. Sorry I didn't give you a heads up. Thank you.
    How old is your baby?

Hes 8 months now. In hosp last week and this tho for his 4th and hopefully final surgery... Tough little nut!

Dad not quite as tough

Glad the Kentons were spot on

Just hoping this Large fits ok. I have the Next jacket in Large too and the measurements were nearly identical. Thats fits very SA so hopefully Dans will too. Or else going to have to beef up before winter 8-)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys,

I saw a few sizing concerns and thought I'd chime in. I can't stress enough to base your decision on the specifications of the jacket as I guarantee the accuracy of the sizing table. That being said, anyone who has asked me for sizing advice generally speaking I have guided them to the larger size for the following reasons... I know what its like to be in between sizes I'm a 42-43 most of the time and the photos are of me wearing a large which I deem to be 42 using pretty standard sizing metrics. Personally I'm sizing up to an XL... which is too big on me at the moment and will need tailoring, but with a decent layering underneath and the waist taken in I'll be much happier in that size in the long term. The fit of these jackets is regular which you would have noticed from the size chart. After the Soldens were a bit too fitted and excluded too many people from the opportunity of owning the jacket last minute we decided on a regular fit for the Altaussee. We did that because this jacket is so easy to alter. And I'll be taking a bit out of the waist of my XL but having pinned it back already I'm very pleased with the final result. Please be aware of the layering you'll be wearing underneath, I felt terrible last time round for possibly guiding people into jackets that were too small for them. With this one do not fear being a little too big... that gives you options for fit. Better to be a little too big than a little too small. The sooner we all realise that Mr Craig has all his clothes tailored for the films the better. None of us (including me) will get that exact fit every time and yes even I am in between sizes in some of my own clothes.

I thank you David for your kind words today, its a relief for me to know you were happy with the jacket and all of us are very much looking forward to your review!!! It'll be very entertaining as always I'm sure!!

-{

Dan
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
    edited May 2016
    Do we know for certain that Jany used the same size jacket for the outdoor and indoor scenes in Spectre? Or might this have been a situation like the Billy Reid pea coat where two sizes were used? The reason I ask is that I rewatched the Altausee scene a couple of times and the jacket looked bulkier to me and less fitted as Bond pilots the boat and approaches the lodge. Later, when he confronts Mr White, the jacket looks fitted. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me. :s
    Dior_Jacket_Mr_White_Spectre.jpg

Dior_Jacket_Mr_White_Spectre_2.jpg
    Untitled_17.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I presume since no action scenes that they use the same jacket.

Maybe he had more layers underneath on the boat since would have been bloody cold (presume inside scenes are back at pinewood)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Maybe he had more layers underneath on the boat since would have been bloody cold (presume inside scenes are back at pinewood)

I think you hit the nail on the head with that theory {[]
    Yeah I always thought it looked very padded when outdoors hence not actually bigger size since it is filled out more (which can't be the jacket itself). If that makes any sense :s
    welshboy78 wrote:

Makes sense, but it should provide consolation for people about the sizing of their Royale jacket, since there seems to be no one look.

If you sized up, you have the "boat" version (which I prefer living in a freezing climate)

If you chose fitted, you have the "chess" version.

:D
    Boat or Chess models

Nice naming :D
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Did you order one as a beater version, Welshboy? Would you say your Dior fits like the boat or chess version?

Great theory by the way, Welshie. As an aside, did it strike anyone else as odd that Altaussee and Solden had so much snow built up in the first week of November, film time?

I am awaiting my large while having to run the air conditioner here. :s

Dan was kind enough to identify and ship one of the jackets that ran a little longer in the sleeves. His communication and customer service has been outstanding.

Mantis, I look forward to your video review. Will you have a "Things you can do in a Royale you cant in a Dior" segment? Things like be around pets and kids or actually leave the house? Will you be comparing the real beaver collar to the faux beaver, and with the faux beaver will you avoid making a merkin joke? :D
    I was tempted to order one but have a few other things on my wishlist so can't spare duplicates :D

It does look superb though! I think mine is the chess version lol
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited January 2019
    Extremely happy would be an understatement...such a beautiful jacket!

Royale_Altaussee1.jpg

I'm simply amazed at how accurate Dan managed to make this to the original. The zips are solid and very striking, the collar, buttons, length and pockets are very SA...he even added the button throat latch!

SA_Throat_Latch.jpg

The interior/lining was definitely unexpected. Comparing it to the Dior's in David's video, it is nearly spot on! And it's incredibly warm. I was only wearing a henley* underneath when I tried it on and I nearly died!

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

*Yes i'm not wearing a roll neck but bear in mind I live at the top of Australia and it has is only just entered autumn. I was also going to wear a SA looking beanie for the photos, but I quickly changed my mind about that. I've been getting 35 degree (95F) days with very high humidity ...I'm not exactly desperately in need of a cashmere sweater. Bring on winter!

Size wise, I went with my normal size and it's a great fit. I'm a 42" chest and I bought the large and there's still a generous amount of room underneath the jacket for layering.

Colour wise, it is very deceptive. In low light and artificial light conditions, it will come out as a dark navy, almost midnight blue, but in natural light, it will look a lot lighter (see shot of jacket on table compared to shot of the throat latch. However, this is exactly what happens with the original jacket though, don't panic!

Now a shot with it on. I apologise in advance for it's corny nature :))

Dan, I really can't thank you enough! Absolutely brilliant job. I'm sure everyone is going to love it!
    JTM wrote:

Royale_Altaussee1.jpg

I'm simply amazed at how accurate Dan managed to make this to the original. The zips are solid and very striking, the collar, buttons, length and pockets are very SA...he even added the button throat latch!

SA_Throat_Latch.jpg

The interior/lining was definitely unexpected. Comparing it to the Dior's in David's video, it is nearly spot on! And it's incredibly warm. I was only wearing a henley* underneath when I tried it on and I nearly died!

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

*Yes i'm not wearing a roll neck but bear in mind I live at the top of Australia and it has is only just entered autumn. I was also going to wear a SA looking beanie for the photos, but I quickly changed my mind about that. I've been getting 35 degree (95F) days with very high humidity ...I'm not exactly desperately in need of a cashmere sweater. Bring on winter!

Size wise, I went with my normal size and it's a great fit. I'm a 42" chest and I bought the large and there's still a generous amount of room underneath the jacket for layering.

Colour wise, it is very deceptive. In low light and artificial light conditions, it will come out as a dark navy, almost midnight blue, but in natural light, it will look a lot lighter (see shot of jacket on table compared to shot of the throat latch. However, this is exactly what happens with the original jacket though, don't panic!

Bond_Jacket.jpg

Dan, I really can't thank you enough! Absolutely brilliant job. I'm sure everyone is going to love it!

All I can say is WOW

Looks amazing, cant wait for the Stork to drop off its parcels to the UK

Awesome job Mr Love!

• kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    JTM...how big is your smile!!! :p

I can only hope I'm this happy when my jacket arrives! {[]
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Royale_Altaussee1.jpg

SA_Throat_Latch.jpg

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

Bond_Jacket.jpg

Looks awesome mate! You need to get to some cooler climates!
    Murder | Employment.
  • Dan DeltsDan Delts Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    Looks like i'd be a large too... looking forward to the Solden Jacket although this looks amazing. Great work
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    I couldn't ask for a better response than that. Thanks a bunch Jordan, (you are crazy with the humidity in Cairns :)) ), good drinking weather though and the beers are on me next time I'm in town (That's my way of saying the cheques in the mail) :D

Seriously though the beauty of working with you guys is this is more than a business-customer relationship... I like to think so anyway. I'm so pleased at the response to this jacket, I do invest a lot personally in these jackets, untold hours of staring at screens, triple checking... sitting behind a sewing machine. Thanks guys, truly.

Just an FYI, I will be interstate Friday on some other business so I won't be around to post jackets and I'll be a bit M.I.A. in terms of email also. That being said any orders that come through in the next 8-10hours will be shipped tomorrow, Thursday local time. I'm back on Monday so your regular service will resume then!!!

Great pics Jordan, thank you sir, if you're in Brisbane let me know, we'll catch up for a pint or two.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Yep Quality work yet again Dan , still love wearing my QOS jacket.
    Your service is exceptional and TF could do with a lesson from you.
    Just wondering will you reissue this in sept timeish as its now our British summertime and I'll get zero wear and I'm filling up my summer wardrobe.
    Be cracking if so I'll be then ready for winter :D
    I couldn't ask for a better response than that. Thanks a bunch Jordan, (you are crazy with the humidity in Cairns :)) ), good drinking weather though and the beers are on me next time I'm in town (That's my way of saying the cheques in the mail) :D

Seriously though the beauty of working with you guys is this is more than a business-customer relationship... I like to think so anyway. I'm so pleased at the response to this jacket, I do invest a lot personally in these jackets, untold hours of staring at screens, triple checking... sitting behind a sewing machine. Thanks guys, truly.

Just an FYI, I will be interstate Friday on some other business so I won't be around to post jackets and I'll be a bit M.I.A. in terms of email also. That being said any orders that come through in the next 8-10hours will be shipped tomorrow, Thursday local time. I'm back on Monday so your regular service will resume then!!!

Great pics Jordan, thank you sir, if you're in Brisbane let me know, we'll catch up for a pint or two.

-{

Dan.
    007 reporting for duty
    edited May 2016
    Tracking shows my jacket has arrived in L.A. So now the wait begins. I should receive it sometime next week.

Tracking update shows it made it through customs in a day. It should arrive Monday.
    The Mantis wrote:

I will probably not get the jacket until after your review. If you go for the small I am sure there are plenty of takers here for the medium.
    edited May 2016
    This just arrived at my Post Office box:

IMG_20160523_132533296.jpg

I will have to wait until this evening to try it on.

I also received a Granule flat cap and a Dunhill bomber jacket with some great lambskin accents.

Update...Monday Evening:

I just tried on my entire post office haul and everything fits!

Focusing on the Altaussee jacket, I only wore it for 90 seconds. It's quite a warm jacket and too heavy to wear for long here without the air conditioner blasting. The color is a terrific blue, as can be seen in other photos in this thread.

I got a size large and the shoulders are spot on. The chest is good as well, not too large. I could perhaps have it taken in at the waist, but it's not necessary. If I wore it someplace with actual snow, I could layer it with a sweater.

I asked Dan for a jacket with slightly longer sleeves, and I'm glad I did. It gave me that little extra to stretch out my rather long arms without exposing my wrist.

The zippers are solid and very smooth. The little details such as the vertical interior pockets, the collar attachments, and the buttons inside the hand warmer pockets are outstanding.

The hand of the wool/cashmere fabric is quite decent. While I am sure it is nothing like the 100% cashmere of the navy Dior, I'd love for others to chime in on comparing it to the other budget options from Next, Mango, Zara, etc. I'm also curious if anyone can compare it to the wool/cashmere blend of the black Dior.

The faux beaver collar (aka super beaver or merkin, as I jokingly call it) is quite soft. It does however have a slight polyurethane smell right out of the bag, although it dissipated quickly.

Whether I eventually end up keeping the jacket has nothing to do with the fit or quality, but the ever warming climate of where I live. Having purchased every past Royale release except for the peacoat, I'd say this is Dan's best work.
    This just arrived at my Post Office box:

IMG_20160523_132533296.jpg

I will have to wait until this evening to try it on.

I also received a Granule flat cap and a Dunhill bomber jacket with some great lambskin accents.

Update...Monday Evening:

I just tried on my entire post office haul and everything fits!

Focusing on the Altaussee jacket, I only wore it for 90 seconds. It's quite a warm jacket and too heavy to wear for long here without the air conditioner blasting. The color is a terrific blue, as can be seen in other photos in this thread.

I got a size large and the shoulders are spot on. The chest is good as well, not too large. I could perhaps have it taken in at the waist, but it's not necessary. If I wore it someplace with actual snow, I could layer it with a sweater.

I asked Dan for a jacket with slightly longer sleeves, and I'm glad I did. It gave me that little extra to stretch out my rather long arms without exposing my wrist.

The zippers are solid and very smooth. The little details such as the vertical interior pockets, the collar attachments, and the buttons inside the hand warmer pockets are outstanding.

The hand of the wool/cashmere fabric is quite decent. While I am sure it is nothing like the 100% cashmere of the navy Dior, I'd love for others to chime in on comparing it to the other budget options from Next, Mango, Zara, etc. I'm also curious if anyone can compare it to the wool/cashmere blend of the black Dior.

The faux beaver collar (aka super beaver or merkin, as I jokingly call it) is quite soft. It does however have a slight polyurethane smell right out of the bag, although it dissipated quickly.

Whether I eventually end up keeping the jacket has nothing to do with the fit or quality, but the ever warming climate of where I live. Having purchased every past Royale release except for the peacoat, I'd say this is Dan's best work.

Steve, you are welcome to come visit family R anytime, guarantee you'll use it then, even in summertime :))

• PataponPatapon Toulouse, FRANCEPosts: 6MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    Hi guys, i live in France and i just received the jacket ! Thanks Dan, it's absolutely wonderful, you've done such a great work ! I think this jacket is gonna be worn and appreciated by everyone
    I bought a medium, following your chart and it fits perfectly (especially with my 39-40 chest), although i think i'm gonna get it adjusted at waist, cause i'd like it to be fitted more than regular
    Overall, thank you so much for allowing us to get Bond's look for an affordable price
  • Emilio_LargoEmilio_Largo Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    My size medium Altaussee jacket arrived in Manhattan on Monday, and I'm really impressed with the fit and quality. The jacket fits better than the Solden jacket, and is quite warm. Dan did an amazing job with the details. The zippers, snaps and fabric are really well executed. The fit is trim without being constricting, and the high armholes are very flattering. If I had to choose one aspect for improvement, it would be the fur collar: it would be less floppy if the corners of the jacket collar could be inserted underneath the corners of the fur collar. I'm not sure how the Dior jacket attaches to the fur collar, but I can see a gust of wind would cause the fur collar on my jacket to flap about. Aside from that, this is a great jacket, and I'm looking forward to winter in New York.