ROYALE Filmwear Mr. White (Altaussee) Jacket

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The original Dior collar attaches with buttons and a flap to the cashmere collar and does lay quite flat...BTW, I should have the vlog up this weekend.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Mine just arrived in Minneapolis. Brilliant coat! Wouldn't change a thing. Looking forward to ordering all the ones I missed out on. Cheers! -{

image.jpg

(size L for 5'11 33in waist 42-44 chest)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Cool. Though a lot "bluer" then I expected
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    The blue is slightly less smokey (if that makes sense) than the original one...
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    I'm very happy with the blue. Gives a different look compared to the darker blue of the Peacoat.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    The blue is definitely pronounced. It's not a subtle jacket. On the one hand I like it since everything else seems to be navy. On the other hand, a bit more "smokiness" (to use the Mantis's term) might have suited my own taste a bit better. But there's absolutely no denying that Dan Love did a fantastic job. The garment has a quality feel.
  • stark76stark76 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    The jacket is very authentic to the movie. Nice details. However the color is definitely more vibrant than I anticipated, a bit disappointed on this. I do wish the jacket had a more "dim" blue. I am not sure that I will be wearing this piece.
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Mine just arrived here in the states as well. The SA detail is incredible. I ordered a medium being 5'11'', 185 lbs, a 38"/39" jacket, and a 34" waist. I think a Large would have been way too big and a Small wouldn't have allowed me to layer up in the winter. Overall, I am VERY pleased with the sizing. The sleeve length is spot on and the sleeves themselves have a nice fitted feel (which a few of my other winter coats lack). The chest is perfect with my sizing. I would have liked a little higher armholes, but it definitely isn't a gamechanger. It also feels just a tad bit wide in the midsection (though this may not be the case once I have more layers on).

I was a bit surprised by the color too. It is brighter than I anticipated, but I don't see that as a problem. I already have plenty of navy in my closet and just about anything that would have looked good with this coat had it been navy, will look great with the brighter blue. I think it is awesome that it came with the fur collar and all the other misc. pieces that make the coat so unique.

I found the collar to take some playing with to get it to sit how DC wears it in the Altaussee scene, but it holds it shape well after you get it aligned how you like. The material is definitely a step up from a pea coat from H&M or Macy's, and I'll be curious as to how it holds up in the snow.

It is incredibly warm and it will be put to the test for our Minnesota winters. Though this was my first Royale Jacket, Daniel sold me with it and I'm already on the list for every other jacket he will be making in the future. Thanks again Daniel!
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Mine has arrived in the UK. I ordered a small and as I come with a 39in chest 34 in waist, I was very concerned it was going to be too small! Great fit though, enough room underneath for T shirt and N Peal jumper (but nothing more, but in UK I think Jacket will be warm enough by itself with just a T shirt, even on our coldest days in the South!). Definitely the "Chess" fit rather than the "Boat" fit referred to earlier in the discussion thread - it fits snuggly, but not tight. My small size jacket has 18in shoulder; 20in pit to pit (lying flat), 20in at base, if that helps anyone. Excellent jacket, very happy and love the intensity of the blue. Its going to get noticed far more come autumn because of the colour (for good reasons!) for fact it is not "another anonymous navy jacket". Great work Dan
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I collected my jacket this morning so I’ve had a couple of hours to try it on. This is a ******* gorgeous jacket Dan, my thanks for all the effort you’ve put into this.

It would be interesting to see how the colour compares to the original but I love the look of this jacket, it is a nice rich looking blue that distinguishes it apart from my other jackets.

When Dan posted the size charts I spent some time with a tape measure and a couple of winter jackets I normally wear and I did size up to a small and I’m glad I did. It’s hardly the weather to be trying layers on but I have tried this with my thick cable knit jumper which did then feel a little snug in the arms. The length is fine and there is ample room around the chest (I may have an inch taken in at the waist).

This does feel like a jacket that will keep you very warm in the winter.

My thanks again Dan.
    Ray
  • mallory5mallory5 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    i have a Royale Altaussee in a large for sale. I bought a medium and a large as couldn't decide which would fit:I am a 39-40 inch chest and I was worried it would be too tight in the chest so bought both. The medium fits well so selling the large. Only looking to get what I paid plus postage (UK).
  • Colonel PotterColonel Potter Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    I just received a large and would love to trade for an XL. Anyone interested, please get in touch!! -{ -{ -{
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I just received a large and would love to trade for an XL. Anyone interested, please get in touch!! -{ -{ -{

Go to the Royale Altaussee jacket sale/trade thread: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47837/royale-altaussee-jacket-saletrade-thread/
  • Colonel PotterColonel Potter Posts: 44MI6 Agent

Go to the Royale Altaussee jacket sale/trade thread: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47837/royale-altaussee-jacket-saletrade-thread/

Thanks!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Mine just landed.... snapped a quick photo ... clearly way too warm out here in the deep south for this... Won't be able to break this out for quite some time.. but can't wait.. My Harrington is a M but looking at the measurements I went with a small on this one.. perfect fit..

white.jpg
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    Mine just landed.... snapped a quick photo ... clearly way too warm out here in the deep south for this... Won't be able to break this out for quite some time.. but can't wait.. My Harrington is a M but looking at the measurements I went with a small on this one.. perfect fit..

white.jpg
    Size looks perfect.
    Very nice on you!
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Great review, David! I'm enjoying these entertaining intros too! Lol
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Great review David. I'm looking forward to receiving mine hopefully soon.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Spectacular review David.

The intro was very amusing. Was your wife filming? If so I commend her for not audibly snickering.

I am shocked though that you ended up selling the Dior. I know you were trying to make it a more sane purchase by selling off some of your items. I am sorry though that you couldn't do a head-to-head comparison like with the TF polo and blouson.

I commend you for wearing the jackets with a sweater in that heat. I can stand it for no longer than a minute with the air going full blast and that's with just a light undershirt. So I have no idea what the jacket will fit like while wearing a thick sweater.

Regarding sizing, very much true to the dimensions given on Dan's site. For me I guess it's between the indoor and outdoor fits from Spectre. (Again, no layering was tested.) I could not size down due to shoulders and the length of the sleeves and body so the only thing I could perhaps take in is the waist.

The more I examine the jacket the more impressed I am by it. I prefer the feel of the material more than the Billy Reid peacoat's 90/10 wool/poly. Replace the faux beaver and p/u leather collar with the real thing and designers would sell the same exact jacket for at least 4 times the price. I've seen wool poly blends with faux fur and p/u "leather" sell for $700+.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    As a for what it's worth addition to this discussion... I am so very impressed with this purchase.. Have just poured over the jacket today (in between housework and yard work)... Again, cannot wait until next winter.. This may just be my go to winter jacket.. beautiful piece.. and my 3rd Royale purchase... Dan, if you are reading this... please re-release the Haiti and the Harrington ASAP !! I have the 1st edition Harrington, but after being so very impressed and thankful for your Mr. White and your Solden jackets.. I'm in for the improved Harrington and the Haiti not only because I'd love to have them, but because I am all over supporting your efforts.. You've knocked it out of the park... again ! -{
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Excellent Vlog David!!
    I can't wait to get my jacket (being delivered Tuesday after HM Customs delay...) this was THE jacket I wanted from SPECTRE and the limited numbers and cost of the Dior made it unatainable. This version just looks amazing!!! Great work Dan. B-)
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Just received my jacket and I've got to say that Daniel hit this one out of the park! -{

The jacket looks fantastic! I am glad however that I went up one size (shoulders) than I normally wear. The XXL fits me almost perfectly. I'll need some very minor tailoring on the sleeves but that's about it.

Well done and I look forward to when you make that Quantum Haiti jacket available again!
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    I have received my jacket today.
    Thank you so much Dan for all the hard work and for making this possible.
    I look forward to ordering the Quantum improved jacket!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Mine finally arrived today (after sorting out my debt to UK tax man)...
    Fits absolutely perfectly, neither boat or chess, just perfect.
    Love the colour, the detail and quality.
    Simply outstanding work again Dan. Nice "beaver" too :))
    Massive thank yous for your dedication.

After 3 weeks in hospital, inc 10 days on intensive care, William James is coming home today too. So all I can say is today is a blo...dy fantastic one all round...
    M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    Finally HM Customs released my jacket and it has arrived today.
    WOW!!! I am amazed at just how good this jacket is!!!
    A beautiful blue colour, as others have said, a nice change from all the Navy Blue peacoats and jackets that everyone will be wearing. Really well made, soft to the touch and very comfortable.
    I love the details like the button closures to pockets and the useful inside breast pockets. Zip works perfectly fine and the whole jacket just oozes quality!
    The faux beaver collar is soft to the touch and if I'm being really REALLY picky, I don't like the PVC backing. However, I only noticed that because the first thing I did before trying the jacket on was to remove the collar and I'll never use that as I want the SA look.
    Fit wise, I ordered XL which is my usual size from Dan and it's a great fit! It won't require any alterations. A little fitted around the arm holes/biceps and I've not tried it over a jumper or layering yet. Again, pleasantly surprised.
    Dan, I can't begin to imagine just how much work has gone into this (and the other) jacket. Thank you VERY MUCH for making this a reality and available to everybody. Just brilliant.

I believe that the UK summer is set for a Thursday in July this year. After that, this jacket will be getting a lot of winter wear and no doubt a few admiring glances and comments too. Bring it on!!!

Amazing. :007) B-) :007)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Mine finally arrived today (after sorting out my debt to UK tax man)...
    Fits absolutely perfectly, neither boat or chess, just perfect.
    Love the colour, the detail and quality.
    Simply outstanding work again Dan. Nice "beaver" too :))
    Massive thank yous for your dedication.

After 3 weeks in hospital, inc 10 days on intensive care, William James is coming home today too. So all I can say is today is a blo...dy fantastic one all round...
    M

Mark, very pleased that to hear William James is coming home. Excellent news. {[]

As for the thread topic, nice that the UK members are finally getting their jackets. UK customs seems to be very diligent with their charges. By contrast, here in the US they raised the amount needed to incur customs fees from $200 to $800.

Anyone going to meet Blair and compare their Royale to the real thing?
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    All the posts here make me even more eager to receive my jacket.
    Denmark is probably the worst I've heard of when it comes to postal service. 5 days from Dan to Denmark. 9 days stuck at the customs facilities. Now they want me to send further import documentation or they will send it back even though I'm sure Dan has provided them with all the necessary info on the customs form.
    Combine that with a monopolist postal "service" (it now costs $3 to send a domestic letter with 5 days delivery - and we are a very small country!!!) and a 33.5% tax and a fixed import fee of $25 for all items with a value higher than $13, well I guess you can understand my frustration! 8-) :# :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

By contrast, here in the US they raised the amount needed to incur customs fees from $200 to $800.

That's useful to know in terms of sending stuff to BONVU

So just to confirm, no taxes, duties importing anything under 800 bucks into US?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:

By contrast, here in the US they raised the amount needed to incur customs fees from $200 to $800.

That's useful to know in terms of sending stuff to BONVU

So just to confirm, no taxes, duties importing anything under 800 bucks into US?

Yep. As of 10 March, 2016, the limit above which you have to pay taxes or duties for personal purchases was raised from $200 to $800. You can read about it here:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/2016-03-11-000000/de-minimis-value-increases-800