Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    dutchbondfan.jpg

Dude, you're incredibly handsome.
    But then chicks have already told you that... :v
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • TheWorldIsEnoughTheWorldIsEnough Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    So Craig being blonde broke an unofficial Bond rule about the character. Do you think the next Bond will take down another Bond stereotype?

Maybe.....
    A slightly overweight Bond?
    A facial hair Bond?
    A 20 year old Bond?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Up until the 20 year old bit, I thought you were suggesting Me ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    wait until my world creeps up on you.
    over weight, grey hair, making a noise getting up from a chair, and forgetting why you
    went into a room in the first place ! :))

you fogot to mention "missing out 1 or 2 loo visits/day " :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • AllStarNemesisAllStarNemesis Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Put me down for either Hiddleston or Cavill. I wasn't sure about Hiddleston, until I saw him in a tux and remembered that Lazenby was a pretty lanky Bond too.

tumblr_o3rma0K0Cr1r4pq4io1_400.jpg
    tumblr_o3l4zh7sCt1reuxzho1_400.jpg
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    wait until my world creeps up on you.
    over weight, grey hair, making a noise getting up from a chair, and forgetting why you
    went into a room in the first place ! ajb007/lol

Although it looks like you have slimmed down for this picture :)) :))

THUNDERPUSSY.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    So Craig being blonde broke an unofficial Bond rule about the character. Do you think the next Bond will take down another Bond stereotype?

Maybe.....
    A facial hair Bond?
    A 20 year old Bond?

We've already had the first two.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    I’m still hopeful for a serendipitous movie version of literary Bond, which to me was almost perfect in Timothy Dalton. Just as I was wowed by Dalton in TLD after “suffering” through the declining state of the series up to AVTAK (but mind you, still loving that), I would be thrilled to one day see a new Bond that would just grab my imagination and adoration of a rendition that just nails Fleming’s Bond.

What would make it serendipitous is an across-the-board consensus, a perfect marriage between literary Bond fans and the movie-going audience, so that this “captivating” new rendition of the fundamental Bond also popularly resonates just as Craig was sensationally received by world audiences.

I would compare this ideal to Sherlock Holmes, whose literary nature was “perfected” in Jeremy Brett, but more popularly accepted in the person of Benedict Cumberbatch who is not quite Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s version of Holmes, or Christian Bale’s Batman, popularly received by world audiences, but who arguably isn’t the quintessential version of the character.

If that doesn’t happen with the next Bond, I will still continue to dream 8-)
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • TheWorldIsEnoughTheWorldIsEnough Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Maybe.....
    A facial hair Bond?
    A 20 year old Bond?

LOL
    Then, maybe it's time for a gratuitously overweight Bond.
    Or an uncomfortably hairy Bond.
    Matt S wrote:

Maybe.....
    A facial hair Bond?
    A 20 year old Bond?

LOL
    Then, maybe it's time for a gratuitously overweight Bond.
    Or an uncomfortably hairy Bond.

DAD easily comes to mind!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I'm all for Damian Lewis or Idris Elba. I could warm up to Henry Cavill. The prospect of one of the others just scares me though.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I actually think Henry Cavill could play Bond well, although I think it's highly unlikely he would ever get the chance given his other commitments.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Maybe.....
    A facial hair Bond?
    A 20 year old Bond?

We haven't.
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Michael Fassbender would be a good follow-up to Daniel Craig. That said, I hope that Craig does more.

I feel the exact same as this post
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Im a big no on Hiddleston
    Jag wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Maybe.....
    A facial hair Bond?
    A 20 year old Bond?

We haven't.

Pierce Brosnan was overweight in DAD. He was supposedly 211 pounds (at times), which would give him a BMI of 27 as a man of 6'2". 25 and over is overweight.

Daniel Craig had facial hair for a good part of Skyfall.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff
    Jag wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Maybe.....
    A facial hair Bond?
    A 20 year old Bond?

We haven't.

AA_OLD_MAN_10.jpg
    The name's Niven... David Niven.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Jag wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

We haven't.

AA_OLD_MAN_10.jpg
    And DC had a beard in Sf and some would say SC was a tad overweight in daf
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Jag wrote:

We haven't.

AA_OLD_MAN_10.jpg
    And DC had a beard in Sf and some would say SC was a tad overweight in daf

Sean Connery may not have actually been overweight in DAF. We just aren't used to seeing him with a less athletic figure. See my example about Pierce Brosnan above.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Again, I think it's fun to speculate on the next Bond actor but as far as Craig not coming back.....like my Dad used to say "Money talks and bulls..t walks". I just have a hunch that Craig will be back for at least one more. EON has too much on the line, an audience that likes Craig and potential new $$$$ partners who want the expected big Bond return on thier investment. I don't think we will hear anything about Craig returning or not returning until EON's next production partner (be it Sony returning or a new company) is on board. My guess whomever it is will be willing to help EON keep Craig with a boatload of $$$$$$. If Craig does not return I wonder if EON decides to play it safe and invest in a recognizable "name" (similar to what Cubby did when he hired Roger) that would have instant appeal to the general public rather than a complete "unknown" with which the "Bond Brand" would be the selling point. With respect to particular actors, the more I see of Hiddleston the less I like him for Bond....just doesn't have the "look" IMO.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Jag wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

We haven't.

Pierce Brosnan was overweight in DAD. He was supposedly 211 pounds (at times), which would give him a BMI of 27 as a man of 6'2". 25 and over is overweight.

Daniel Craig had facial hair for a good part of Skyfall.

I think 60% of the western world wouldn't mind being overweight like that.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Sorry matt. But to say he's overweight in dad. Is absolutely stupid. He's still lean, not trained or toned but not overweight.
    JBT0077 wrote:
    Sorry matt. But to say he's overweight in dad. Is absolutely stupid. He's still lean, not trained or toned but not overweight.

Sorry, but you can't argue with the numbers. This is going by numbers, and he doesn't have a lot of muscle mass. Brosnan is medically overweight. This doesn't mean he's 'fat'. His weight also varies a lot in the film, probably by at least a stone.
    Matt S wrote:
    JBT0077 wrote:

Sorry, but you can't argue with the numbers. This is going by numbers, and he doesn't have a lot of muscle mass. Brosnan is medically overweight. This doesn't mean he's 'fat'. His weight also varies a lot in the film, probably by at least a stone.
    Matt, don't be foolish. Numbers mean s**t in the face of direct observation. "Medically overweight"?
    PIERCE-BROSNAN-IN-DIE-ANOTHER-DAY-pierce-brosnan-20861076-185-264.gif
    I'd like to get UP to that level of overweight then, HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    Maybe he has big bones? :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I've always heard that Brozzer was both the lightest and heaviest actor to play Bond...fascinating if true - but that is the ONLY way to be 'overweight' :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Brosnan always looked fine to me.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent

I agree!

To be honest, even in last year's survivor he looked like a pretty fit older veteran Bond to me!

1_survivor.jpg
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

I agree!

To be honest, even in last year's survivor he looked like a pretty fit older veteran Bond to me!

1_survivor.jpg
    Pierce has not had the happiest of lives. I so respect the man.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    i want daniel craig to come back for one more, mainly just so the media can suck it
This discussion has been closed.