Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,877MI6 Agent

(I'll be over here in the corner rocking back and forth with my fingers in my ears going "la la la la Craig is not leaving, Craig is not leaving lalalalala" :-)

As good a method as any :007)
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    (I'll be over here in the corner rocking back and forth with my fingers in my ears going "la la la la Craig is not leaving, Craig is not leaving lalalalala" :-)

I've been doing that for the past few weeks, but sadly I am losing hope now - I think he's gone :#
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Well the denials have already started!

The BBC are reporting this:

"Daniel Craig hasn’t yet decided on whether he wants to do another Bond movie. Reports in the past 24 hours have suggested that the actor, who’s starred in four 007 movies, has turned down a deal to make any more films in the series.

But separate, authoritative Bond sources have independently confirmed to BBC News that Craig hasn’t made any decision about his future as 007, and that “no decision is likely to be made for a while”.

Earlier this year MGM, which controls the rights to the 007 franchise, told investors that the series was operating on a three-to-four year cycle, which means that the next Bond film isn’t due in cinemas until late 2018 at the earliest."

http://bbc.in/1sBfpd5
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    If past history is anything to go by, it's far too early for Eon to announce a new Bond or old Bond is leaving.

They normally do it all fairly quickly. 'So and so is leaving' ... short break 'New Bond is ... and will be starring in ...' ....

If reports of Craig turning down 60million are to believed, he is nuts :))

Even when it was obvious Timothy Dalton wasn't coming back he still held the mantel until Pierce was ready.
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    If past history is anything to go by, it's far too early for Eon to announce a new Bond or old Bond is leaving.

They normally do it all fairly quickly. 'So and so is leaving' ... short break 'New Bond is ... and will be starring in ...' ....

Even when it was obvious Timothy Dalton wasn't coming back he still held the mantel until Pierce was ready.

True, but back then there was no Twitter! The original story has spread like wildfire...and you have people "confirming" that Craig is gone. This BBC quote will likely go unnoticed, because the "Craig is gone" story has spread too far already.

While the internet is an amazing tool, misinformation spreads as quick as the truth until it is impossible to tell the difference.
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    I think the new rumours/tabloid gossip is gonna be proven to be correct. Daniel Craig has had enough of the role. Roll on months of Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba proclaiming their love/desire/obsession to be the next James Bond. :D
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    If the rumors were true I gain a ton of respect for DC. Not many people could turn down that money. Ive loved him as Bond but if his heart is not in it then don't phone it in.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

In this report it was closer to 70 million... :o http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/daniel-craig-turns-down--68m-offer-to-star-in-nex/407330
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    I'm still not sure what to think of all these rumors and reports, but it sure is starting to look like we've seen the last of Danny-boy as Bond in SPECTRE :( - still though, I'm keeping my hopes up untill EON or Craig makes an official confirmation!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Agreed. I hope Mendes is out. Between Newman, Temime, and the excessive color filters (in that order), there are just too many elements I don't like.

I feel exactly the same way.
    Based on Mendes saying he wasn't doing Bond 25.

He also said he wasn't doing Bond 24.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    If we are getting a new bond, then Martin Campbell should direct
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:

If it is true, and I think it might be, Kudos to Daniel for having the guts and integrity to turn down THAT amount of money. Even if the numbers are guesstimate it's clear that a HUGE amount of cash is on the table.We have had two Bonds who phoned it in for the cash, and admire Daniel for sticking to his guns. Just speculation on my part, but it feels to me that he was not delighted about how Spectre turned out, and the knee thing was a major drag. I think he has always given it everything and would not 'phone it in'. Only shame from my perspective is that he deserved and had the ability to deliver a much better Swansong.
    Even though DC is my favorite Bond I think his time is up, SP clearly ended with him leaving the service with a girl he loves. I think that's a good way to wrap up his films. I could understand if he wasn't totally satisfied with SP, they aimed to be better financially and critically then SF but failed on both accounts. Also some recent comments he's made seems to suggest he's gotten full of himself which I suppose is due to happen after being Bond for a decade. But I no longer put him on a pedestal like a lot of members do even if he's my favorite Bond.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    I, for one, am convinced the 'rumours' are true, and that Craigger has had his last Vesper and racked the slide of his last PPK :( I have loved his Bond, and will always watch his films with great fondness. That he pushed such a stack of currency back across the table to Barbara only magnifies my already considerable respect. Those who never liked him in the role may commence their celebrations, with my congratulations -{

I also believe that Tom is now the Man. I wish him all the best, as he's got quite a bespoke tux to fill! :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    I, for one, am convinced the 'rumours' are true, and that Craigger has had his last Vesper and racked the slide of his last PPK :( I have loved his Bond, and will always watch his films with great fondness. That he pushed such a stack of currency back across the table to Barbara only magnifies my already considerable respect. Those who never liked him in the role may commence their celebrations, with my congratulations -{

I also believe that Tom is now the Man. I wish him all the best, as he's got quite a bespoke tux to fill! :007)

Very well said sir - my thoughts precisely. I would however add that I'd prefer a relative unknown to take the role now, not Loki or Poldark!
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    eric7064 wrote:
    If the rumors were true I gain a ton of respect for DC. Not many people could turn down that money. Ive loved him as Bond but if his heart is not in it then don't phone it in.

Some people's respect may grow - I am quite the contrary!

Let's face it - playing James Bond is not like cleaning the toilets in the SABS bar!
    There are worse things in life than spending 1 1/2 years playing the role and get 68 -:2 million quid for that.

While I am not saying that everyone should follow the money only - Craig redefined the role and made millions of moviegoers happy. He's still in good shape and would earn a shitload of money for being again in a popular role while sleeping in 5-star hotels, driving a company Aston Martin in his real life - free watches - free clothing and so on.

I am asking myself how lifted-off from reality a person must be to decline such an offer.
    IMO it's arrogant and obscene and incredibly stupid for him not doing it again!

There are thousands of talented actors which struggle to make a living from acting - they are working their arses off in other jobs and would be over the moon to receive such an offer.

But Mr. Craig feels to be too superior to do the role again.

Sorry, but I am slightly guttet.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Probably all jumping the gun over a stupid article - especially the money side which I bet they plucked from thin air
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent

-{ never was a fan of his tenure whatso ever but tbh as I said before would have liked for him to finish of the Blofeld story ( the mucked it up big IMO) Craig has kept the franchise going in the 21st centuary the same as RM did during the70s both had their fans and their haters but both did their jobs :) getting emotional now so I think I wil pop along to the S andBS for a hug from TP, wonder if he still has those handcuffs :))
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    There are thousands of talented actors which struggle to make a living from acting - they are working their arses off in other jobs and would be over the moon to receive such an offer.

But Mr. Craig feels to be too superior to do the role again.

Sorry, but I am slightly guttet.

I don't think Craig feels superior, it's just that money is not enough of an incentive.

Whilst I agree that I don't understand his motives, as in, who wouldn't take 68 million, BUT to him, it's not worth the money.

I think he's in a can't win situation. If he did one more BECAUSE of the money, he'd be criticised.
    Don't take the role, and he's still criticised :#

When actually...as Bond fans, we're just gutted because he obviously doesn't feel passionate enough to continue. (But, I'd rather he quit, than do a substandard performance)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I don't think he's doing it out of arrogance; I think the fellow's just tired, and wants to spend more time with his loved ones. There's more to life than money, especially if you've already got all you need. In a world where professional athletes jump from team to team like mercenaries, this is refreshing.

Long life, good health and happiness to you, Mr. Craig {[]
    If it's true that he infact has a 5-movie contract - this does not shed a better light on him.

Why not sticking with it like we did in the old days?

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Only my opinion of course, but if Craig has had enough ( His decision)
    Then he shouldn't be pressurised. He has made some brilliant Bonds for us
    we if he wants to move on to do other things. Then he does so with my thanks
    He always gave 100%, put in the work and with CR gave me my joint Favourite
    Bond film of all time. -{ He has helped to put Bond back at the top, took risks with
    Story, plot and character ideas.
    So if Daniel has had enough, then he leaves with my respect and admiration for
    a job well done. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    If Craig does another one just for the money (which is something he said the next would be, if we take him seriously) we could get a DAF situation. I lot of people thought Craig seemed bored in SP (I was not one of those people), and we may get that if we got Craig again.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    edited May 2016
    I would however add that I'd prefer a relative unknown to take the role now, not Loki or Poldark!

This won't come as a surprise to anyone who knew me here back in '05, as the first shots were fired across the borderlands in the Craig WarsTM...but I'm going to give Tom the benefit of the doubt -{ I don't think we'll get Loki, or Poldark.. we're going to get a Brand New James Bond; a fresh interpretation with its own distinctive fingerprint, as we have six times previously :007)

Once the requisite pressers have happened, Eon and MGM need to sign a distributor deal, and get back to work!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,614Chief of Staff
    A long time ago on a website not far away: "Begun this Craig War has".
    Barbel wrote:
    A long time ago on a website not far away: "Begun this Craig War has".

Hmm...it is the past you see.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Until it's official it's all just hearsay. Back for one more with Martin Campbell at the helm to leave on an all time high -{
    Yes. Considerably!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I have already begun harassing ..... I mean contacting Mr Hiddleson with my
    Suggestions on how he should play it. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :)) :))

Did you also add your tasteful semi- nudes? :v

Higgins wrote:
    :)) :)) :))

Did you also add your tasteful semi- nudes? :v

:o :o :o

:))
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    If it's true that he infact has a 5-movie contract - this does not shed a better light on him.

Why not sticking with it like we did in the old days?

We're not talking about a gentlemanly handshake agreement here. Bond is big business, and I'm sure the situation is far more complex than the tabloid narrative. For all we know, there is some sort of liquidated damages provision in the contract and Craig is actually paying EON to quit! People breach contracts all the time, for a variety of reasons. If Craig is in breach of his agreement with EON, it's not a reflection on his character. It's doubtful we'll ever know all the facts, so I'll reserve passing judgment.
This discussion has been closed.