Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Jag wrote:
    Jag wrote:

If you are feeling like this now, then just think what will happen in just about 20 years' time, when Fleming's works go into the public domain. Anyone can write a book or make a movie about James Bond, and make 007 whatever they want.

...as long as they ONLY adapt from Fleming's books (or create new stories out of whole cloth) and don't touch any intellectual property created and owned by Eon, who will jealously guard their logos, themes, film-specific characters, etc. And then of course the market will determine success or failure, once the lawyers have been paid.

Of course, but this has turned out well for Sherlock Holmes, so I am optimistic it will work out for James Bond too.

I'm sure you are correct about that -{ It will be interesting; hope I'm still around and coherent for it.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    More competition should be a good thing. Will there be terrible Bond movies or books? Probably, so what? It will be easy to ignore them.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Is that Gillan Anderson moisturising her hands? I guess the grip on a ppk is a tad rough :007)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,372Chief of Staff
    Don't think she'll get the part- she's too blonde and too short! :D
    We're also probably not allowed to say it, but she may be a bit too old. Not for now, of course, but her knees might not survive too many movies. Still, a step in the right direction, EON!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,372Chief of Staff
    Didn't want to mention that, but of course you're right.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Don't think she'll get the part- she's too blonde and too short! :D

:)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Being blond(e) and short is no longer an obstacle to playing 007. :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Neither is being too old, after all sir Roger was 82 when he did his last bond :D
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) How dare you sir ! He was only 81 and a half at most. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    So another celeb jumps on the Bond bandwagon to get their name out in the news. 8-) Unfortunately until EON makes some kind of official announcement we will continue to endure this and the way it looks, we will be enduring this stuff for about another 6-7 months if Craig is not returning.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Nature abhors a vacuum...and clearly anything will be said to fill a void of silence 8-) Meanwhile, Tom is secretly slamming down protein shakes and hitting the free weights :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Neither is being too old, after all sir Roger was 82 when he did his last bond :D

Ya know, it baffles me how people always joke about Moore's age in AVTAK, saying he was far too old, yet people are willing to accept a female bond??? Doesn't make sense.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    So long as it's a young, sexy female Bond, and not an old bird ! :p :D
    Although I find it frightening to think I'm not far off Sir Roger's age :))
    sems so long ago I first watched AVTAK.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Nature abhors a vacuum...and clearly anything will be said to fill a void of silence 8-) Meanwhile, Tom is secretly slamming down protein shakes and hitting the free weights :))

Don't forget the karate, jiu jitsu and boxing lessons. -{
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016

Well just saying, a slightly overage bond is nowhere near as ridiculous as a female bond. A blonde bond is nowhere near as ridiculous as a female bond. Everything has a line. For example, murder is far worse than GBH. Bestiality is far worse than homosexuality (which was seen as an illness several years ago). Etc.

Not saying GBH is good by the way lol.... just trying to illustrate my point.

Just imagine it:
    Blonde Bond to Black Bond to Female Bond to Black Female Bond to Homosexual Male Bond to Lesbian to Bond in a wheelchair to Bond with learning disabilities to transgender Bond to a Chimpanzee.... see how ridiculous it could potentially get??

Yes, a chimpanzee - we are all animals right?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Apart from an excuse for some bad jokes on my part, I actually think Roger looked
    perfectly fine in AVTAK. I know some have a problem with it, although I do think it
    shouldn't happen again.
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

Well just saying, a slightly overage bond is nowhere near as ridiculous as a female bond. A blonde bond is nowhere near as ridiculous as a female bond. Everything has a line. For example, murder is far worse than GBH. Bestiality is far worse than homosexuality (which was seen as an illness several years ago). Etc.

Not saying GBH is good by the way lol.... just trying to illustrate my point.

Just imagine it:
    Blonde Bond to Black Bond to Female Bond to Black Female Bond to Homosexual Male Bond to Lesbian to Bond in a wheelchair to Bond with learning disabilities to transgender Bond to a Chimpanzee.... see how ridiculous it could potentially get??

Yes, a chimpanzee - we are all animals right?

That's the problem - when you change Bond, it opens up a whole can of worms, and people demand Bond becomes a woman, homosexual, transgender, black, Asian, lesbian woman etc all just to seem 'politically correct'. I've always thought casting an actor based on where they're from or what gender they are, just for the sake of it, is more patronising than equal.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    The only way for Bond to really return to his roots would be if the movies were set in the 1960's again. But they're not, and cinematic Bond has been moving away from the literary Bond, in small increments, ever since Dr No. it may be convenient to blame it on political correctness, but it misses the point. Bond has stopped smoking not to be politically correct, but to reflect 21st century. Likewise, we no longer see gender identity in binary categories, but as a continuum. Not many of us want to see movies in black and white only, literally and figuratively. So why not a female Bond? It should not be about whether the next Bond actor is male or female, but whether they are up to the job.

I'm just saying making Bond a female (or homosexual, or black or whatever) would just make for one or two good movies. I'm not saying Bond never went with their times, because they always do. There's no more women slapping on their butt, Bond doesn't smoke anymore, we've had a female M, we had a black Moneypenny etc etc.
    But lets just say you turn Bond into a woman, in the first film, everybody is probably really going to like it. There can be great gags of a female Bond actually using men for pleasure, using her brains and beauty to seduce men and get information and such, it's a new and original gimmick, and it would probably get praised. But then what? In the next movie, that gimmick won't be that original anymore, they still need to come up with original adventures for our female Bond to go through, you know what I mean? There's no way you can go back to Fleming, or make Bond all authentic again when you have a female Bond. It would just end up being a phase that probably starts off with fireworks, but soon tires out since it's not James Bond.

Let's keep Bond "Fleming's Bond" (or you know, at least close to something he envisioned) not "Policital expecation meeting Bond"

Just my two cents...
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    In all honesty, these 'black Bond' or 'female Bond' stories are just that imo*

They are drag to print and sell some papers and I usually try to ignore this kind of crap.

Wheren't Eon trying to establish a kind of female Bond sideline with Jinx and failed miserably?

* The strategy is obvious: Just throw a stinker and let people shoot insults of being racist/sexist/elitist on each other and keep this kind of war going for a year or two.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    That's what I was going to say too, Higgy-poo, that Jinx was supposed to spawn a spin-off series of her own.

However, I think there's plenty of room for a series of films of a female spy a la Bond. Bond is Bond, but there's no reason why we can't have a female equivalent to Bond, Bourne or Ethan Hunt. One of the biggest problems Hollywood seems to have is originality, that's why we have dozens of re-makes and sequels/prequels each year but precious few genuinely original storylines. However, a female Bond-type character doesn't have to be particularly original (Bond/Bourne/Hunt feed off each other) so you'd think it would be a no-brainer for some studio to hire a writer to make something like this and it would likely be considerably less expensive than making Bond himself a herself. There's just no way EON would risk everything they've built over five decades of Bond with a radical change like that, but for someone - likely not EON - to start their own prospective 'franchise' would cost no more than any other 'one-off' film.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Let's remake Lassie, but with a cat. Makes just as much sense.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I know many know this but ....... Lassie was always played by a Laddie ;)
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Tbh I don't think EON ever had any intention of a female Bond it's just stupid tabloid rubbish but must admit Gillian Anderson is one attractive lady, has anyone watched her in The Fall, oh my days :x
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that Higgins believes that James Bond was portrayed by a woman from 1987 to 1989 :v
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that Higgins believes that James Bond was portrayed by a woman from 1987 to 1989 :v

Reported for provocative behavior. :D
    Don't be surprised if you receive a ban :D

I've just watched Anderson in The Fall, she was absolutely brilliant!

She was/is sexy as hell in Hannibal. :x,
    Higgins wrote:

Reported for provocative behavior. :D
    Don't be surprised if you receive a ban :D

Again????? I've only just been let out for good behaviour!
This discussion has been closed.