Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    I hope the rumors are true, never was a fan of Craig. Love to see Henry Cavil or Richard Armitage in the role. But then the success of the Bond movie depends on the entire production team.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    lotus wrote:
    Everything is rumours and rubbish. Get the blue ray bond collection on and enjoy them .until something official is said it's all a waste of breath

Actually - it's not :)
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Watching a few you tube videos of Tom Hiddleston being interviewed. I think
    he seems to be very funny ( impressions even) and very at ease . :) pretty good
    dancer too.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    lotus wrote:
    I still think Dan will be back .Dan has said him self "don't take any notice of the Internet "

But when the bookies 'close the book' on a contender it generally means something...

In the most recent case before this one (Radiohead), it means they seem a little trigger happy :))
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    Until eon say or Daniel Craig says I'm believing nothing am afraid
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    https://youtu.be/7GaO0oMniMQ
    If Tom gets the gig, he can be one of tbe dancers in silhouette as the titles role ;)
    This is also the way I dance at weddings and family events, ....... I'm never asked
    back !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sir Miles wrote:
    lotus wrote:
    I still think Dan will be back .Dan has said him self "don't take any notice of the Internet "

But when the bookies 'close the book' on a contender it generally means something...

In the most recent case before this one (Radiohead), it means they seem a little trigger happy :))

Did they close the book on that ? I didn't hear that they had.

That was stupid as it was ALWAYS going to be Sam Smith, the deal for him was done months before...
    YNWA 97
    lotus wrote:

I don't blame you...but you learn whom to trust/listen too here -{
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    lotus wrote:

Ya better be right cuz I put all my life savings on Hiddleston being Bond 8-)

Just joking... Only half of them.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/29/bond-theme-betting-suspended-15000-radiohead-ellie-goulding
    MrZareba wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    lotus wrote:

Ya better be right cuz I put all my life savings on Hiddleston being Bond 8-)

Just joking... Only half of them.

You and me both :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/29/bond-theme-betting-suspended-15000-radiohead-ellie-goulding

Ha ha ha...idiots :))
    YNWA 97
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    It was quite some time ago that I suggested here there may be time for a female James Bond. Good to see support growing for the idea, and let keep the momentum growing. I’d be happy to wait 3-4 years for the next movie then! And even if the next 007 is still male, it’s only a question of time, and the clock is ticking…

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/james-bond-sadiq-khan-naomi-harris-female-bond-tom-hiddleston_uk_573e02f5e4b058ab71e678b3
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    It was quite some time ago that I suggested here there may be time for a female James Bond. Good to see support growing for the idea, and let keep the momentum growing. I’d be happy to wait 3-4 years for the next movie then! And even if the next 007 is still male, it’s only a question of time, and the clock is ticking…

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/james-bond-sadiq-khan-naomi-harris-female-bond-tom-hiddleston_uk_573e02f5e4b058ab71e678b3

I'm glad to see that the Mayor of London is being diligent in expanding his support among female voters. 8-) -{
    Of course he was very careful not to offend the Hiddelston contingent. I just love polititions X-(
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Jag wrote:

:))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    The moment James Bond becomes Jane Bond will be the moment I decide to kill myself and hang myself right afterwards. 8-)

I can't seem to understand that gender thing lately in pop culture. Female Thor, female Ghostbusters. People seem to be out of ideas. Hollywood nowadays is mostly doing either remakes of old stuff or they're reinventing stuff in a way people end up hating :#
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    In all seriousness, I would have no problem with another "00" being a woman in a Bond film; that would actually make some sense. In fact it would be a nice twist and reflective of the times to have 008 or 009 be a female. I wouldn't even make a big deal of it in the script, just have 008 or 009 be portrayed by a woman; no silly "I can do anything a male "00" nonsense; IMO it would make a bigger statement to just have it be accepted as normal and show the female "00" on a mission working in concert with Bond without the silly stereotypical garbage; have her put one between a bad guy's eyes with a sniper rifle just like Bond would. -{ :)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    In all seriousness, I would have no problem with another "00" being a woman in a Bond film; that would actually make some sense. In fact it would be a nice twist and reflective of the times to have 008 or 009 be a female. I wouldn't even make a big deal of it in the script, just have 008 or 009 be portrayed by a woman; no silly "I can do anything a male "00" nonsense; IMO it would make a bigger statement to just have it be accepted as normal and show the female "00" on a mission working in concert with Bond without the silly stereotypical garbage; have her put one between a bad guy's eyes with a sniper rifle just like Bond would. -{ :)

I completely agree, and I hope nobody disagrees with any of this. But I want 007 to stay James Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I absolutely agree that 007 should remain James Bond. I just would not mind Bond to be female for a change! :)
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Split the difference( literally) next 007 could be transgender waiting for the op :)) film title could be Ballstopussy :)) ( hope no one takes offence)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))

Perhaps Eddie Redmayne could play Bond as a follow up to The Danish Girl? :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    Next Bond will hail from Bollywood.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    ... whereas some previous Bonds bail from Hollywood.... ;%
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:

I'm fully in agreement with this. It'd make for good modern twist on the Bond-Anya dynamic from TSWLM.

As for what else is going on with BOND 25 in terms of 007 himself I find myself oddly dispassionate about the whole thing. Whether Craig comes back is up to him & if a new man dons the tux I have faith EON will cast it right. I certainly have no problem with any of the actors who've played the role to date.

What I do have a problem with is the need for lies. Both Sam Smith & Christoph Waltz did so on SPECTRE numerous times - Smith denying his involvement; Waltz stating he wasn't Blofeld. I appreciate they may wish to dodge such issues but surely there's no need for downright lying. It insults my intelligence & treats me like a chump - something I'm not keen on.

EON's need for secrecy tends towards the pathological at times. It is, all said & done only a film - one designed to entertain. I think immersing themselves in the secret machinations of MI6 all these years has finally gone to their heads.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    To be fair to the actors they are prob contracted to secrecy hence the denials.

Also I dont mind it when they lie about the films as would be a bit dull knowing for sure.

Example - I went into SPECTRE pretty blinkered and avoided a lot of spoilers, presuming Waltz was Blofeld but not knowing for sure. I had hoped for some crazy twist that he was not Blofeld but somebody else was e.g C (somebody that would be easier to secure for many films in the future).

Sadly this was not the case and I should have known better - l however I was hoping for some twist against the obvious
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    BIG TAM wrote:
    What I do have a problem with is the need for lies. Both Sam Smith & Christoph Waltz did so on SPECTRE numerous times - Smith denying his involvement; Waltz stating he wasn't Blofeld. I appreciate they may wish to dodge such issues but surely there's no need for downright lying. It insults my intelligence & treats me like a chump - something I'm not keen on.

Waltz really wasn't Blofeld. He truly was Oberhauser and only changed his name to Blofeld. Maybe there's a real Blofeld locked up somewhere and Oberhauser was only pretending to be him.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • WardWard Maryland/LondonPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    Same sort of thing with the Star Trek sequel - "no, it's not Khan". Oh, surprise, it's Khan! It's a bit odd when the twist is so obvious they have to fib about it in the pre-publicity.
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    This whole 'Jane Bond' thing is ridiculous, and I'll tell you why.

The decision would only be made, primarily, to please feminists who want everyone in movies to be women. That means Sony, who would have a say in this, would want an ultra positive image of a woman Bond, making her look like a perfect human being, who does no wrong. That's exactly what would happen. That would mean we'd lose all the traits of Bond. Alcoholism? That would be thrown out for a positive image. Seducing women? Even if it was changed to seducing men, this would be out as well, because a woman sleeping with many many men probably isn't the image threat to get across with a female Bond.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Maybe if Disney get there hands on the franchise?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Split the difference( literally) next 007 could be transgender waiting for the op :)) film title could be Ballstopussy :)) ( hope no one takes offence)

Caitlyn Jenner as 007 in Cocktopussy ;) :s
This discussion has been closed.