The Race for the Tory Leadership and Premiership [Johnson the new PM]

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    ..... and they were responsible for Tony Blair and David Cameron amongst others :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Have to say, if Blair is called out in Chilcott this week, what can you say if he made a decision having been given false or incomplete information, a decision with far-reaching consequences that you can't pull back from? Not really for the public to judge now, is it?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Lots of resignations this year...

Daniel Craig resigns as Bond (probably)
    David Cameron resigns as PM
    Michael Gove resigns as Johnson's PR man
    Roy Hodgson resigns as England manager
    Nigel Farage resigns as head of UKIP
    Chris Evans resigns from Top Gear

But Jezza Corbyn... he's not going anywhere. :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

I have to admire his resolve. :)) :))

It's a ridiculous situation though when even labour shadow cabinet can't get to see him and his advisors are using expressions like 'we have a duty of care to a 70 year old man' ... Seriously ???

Never seen anything like it.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Lots of resignations this year...

Daniel Craig resigns as Bond (probably)
    David Cameron resigns as PM
    Michael Gove resigns as Johnson's PR man
    Roy Hodgson resigns as England manager
    Nigel Farage resigns as head of UKIP
    Chris Evans resigns from Top Gear

Waiting for Sir Miles resigning any minute here - then I have only Barbel in my way from taking over AJB :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :)) good luck with that, I wouldn't fancy taking on the tag team of Sir malevolent Miles and Lord Barbel of McBarbelshire. {:)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Many people have tried to interfere in their affairs, when they do...
    ( cuts to grape being squeezed...... with difficulty ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) i wonder if Mods go through some sort of training? I imagine
    A young barbs and miley, full of innocent naivety, dressed in new moderator uniforms, helmets slightly too big, about to set off on a training course, learning new skills like, stealth deleting, hand to hand expletive censoring. Now after all these many,many,many,many years they're hardened perfectly for dealing with errant political posts and angry and bewildered ajb members of the ruminant kind :)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    It would be a dictatorship

No more threads about Dalton and instant bans for people using thumbnails :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    And spelling my name wrong! X-(

Chriscoop wrote:
    Now after all these many,many,many,many years they're hardened perfectly for dealing with errant political posts and angry and bewildered ajb members of the ruminant kind :)

And Thunderpussy :#

No " bewildered ajb members" that covers Me. ;)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    ?:) ?:) ?:) You're all bonkers!!!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I once visited the stately home of the McBonkers clan in Peebleshire. Lovely place, but a little odd.
    You don't have to be mad to work here .......... but to be a MOD you
    Must be certifiable ! :p to put up with all of us !
    :)) :)) :))

That's what makes this the best forum in town, apart from the not being able to post picture! And the lack of a thumbs up smiley, and the auto censor on not so rude words, I mean that's just **** :D but apart from that. What have the Romans ever done for us??
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    :) Our honoured leader selected the words to be censored; the mods can change what they are altered to (as I just did above :D ). And yes, the posting pictures problem persists. :#
    Barbel wrote:
    :) Our honoured leader selected the words to be censored; the mods can change what they are altered to (as I just did above :D ). And yes, the posting pictures problem persists. :#
    :)) :)) :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) i wonder if Mods go through some sort of training? I imagine
    A young barbs and miley, full of innocent naivety, dressed in new moderator uniforms, helmets slightly too big, about to set off on a training course, learning new skills like, stealth deleting, hand to hand expletive censoring. Now after all these many,many,many,many years they're hardened perfectly for dealing with errant political posts and angry and bewildered ajb members of the ruminant kind :)

Nearly right - but SiCo just decided on removing our brains through our arse and Hey Presto - instant Mod -{
    YNWA 97
    Although the Mods, don't let on about the Bunga,Bunga parties. all those old ladies
    Flaunting their pension books and meal vouchers. the drugs, mainly joint pain cream
    and deep heat. Staying up till all hours, sometimes past eleven ! :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I wonder if the next British PM will be a "Daniel Craig"?
    Not a blond who is shorter than previous PM's, but someone "no-one"expected or few have heard of before. It seems like the the sort of situation it could happen.
    Number24 wrote:
    Not a blond who is shorter than previous PM's, but someone "no-one"expected or few have heard of before. It seems like the the sort of situation it could happen.
    It would be interesting, but it looks like we will definitely be having a female pm next.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    It would be interesting, but it looks like we will definitely be having a female pm next.

So if this was in the US it would be groundbreaking? :v
    Yes, the women are taking over. So stand by for a more caring , gentler Politics :p
    Although the Mods, don't let on about the Bunga,Bunga parties. all those old ladies
    Flaunting their pension books and meal vouchers. the drugs, mainly joint pain cream

Those Deep Heat parties are the things of legend ... :o :o

We could do worse than have the mods run the UK ... Sir Miles as PM and Barbel as first minister for Scotland .... HardyBoy obviously gets the US. :p
    Yes, the women are taking over. So stand by for a more caring , gentler Politics :p

Precisely, just like when Thatcher was PM :)

As long as you all do as you're told , there won't be a problem ..... :v
    But won't this mean needless wars being started once a month? When the women take over.
    Lady Rose wrote:

Those Deep Heat parties are the things of legend ... :o :o

We could do worse than have the mods run the UK ... Sir Miles as PM and Barbel as first minister for Scotland .... HardyBoy obviously gets the US. :p
    You're kidding right? If sir miles was in charge he'd have us all eating scouse and singing ferry cross the Mersey instead of the national anthem!!