The Race for the Tory Leadership and Premiership [Johnson the new PM]

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You're kidding right? If sir miles was in charge he'd have us all eating scouse and singing ferry cross the Mersey instead of the national anthem

How very dare you :o

The National Anthem would be "You'll Never Walk Alone" :D
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    My mistake :s but you couldn't really have Liverpool fc anthem being sung at other football matches now, could you?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You're kidding right? If sir miles was in charge he'd have us all eating scouse and singing ferry cross the Mersey instead of the national anthem!!

What's wrong with that?

As a scouser I wouldn't be complaining :v
    Chriscoop wrote:
    But won't this mean needless wars being started once a month? When the women take over.

Easily remedied with a bit of chocolate and a cuddle 8-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    In fact instead of war, if everyone just sat down for a cuddle and some chocolate, we wouldn't
    Have any Wars :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    My mistake :s but you couldn't really have Liverpool fc anthem being sung at other football matches now, could you?

It's already sung by several other football teams supporters :o
    YNWA 97
    Positively shocking
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We had this conversation down the pub ,and the same old "Well Mrs Thatcher saved the Falklands ,she chucked the Argies out"
    well true ,but the bloody Argies shouldn't have been there in the first place
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    In fact instead of war, if everyone just sat down for a cuddle and some chocolate, we wouldn't
    Have any Wars :))

The Marines of "Generation kill" had a different (but perhaps related) theory: :)) (Moderators: please note that I have been a good boy and censored the quotes :) )

Cpl Josh Ray Person: Look at this s**t. How come we can't ever invade a cool country, with like chicks in bikinis, you know? How come countries like that don't ever need Marines? I'll tell you why. It's lack of p***y that f**ks countries up. Lack of p***y is the root f**king cause of all global instability. If more hajis were getting quality p***y, there'd be no reason for us to come over here and f**k 'em up like this! Cause a nut-bustin' haji is a happy haji.
    Evan "Scribe" Wright: [Trying not to laugh] So, this war's not about oil, or WMD's?
    Cpl Josh Ray Person: Nope!
    Evan "Scribe" Wright: And it's not about Saddam?
    Cpl Josh Ray Person: No, Saddam's just part of the problem. If you took the whole gay-ass Republican Guard and comped their asses in Vegas for a weekend- no f**kin' war! Look, if Saddam invested more in the p***y infrastructure of Iraq than he did on his f**kin' gay-ass army, then this country would be no more f**ked up than, say, Mexico.
    Sgt Brad "Iceman" Colbert: Ray. [Ray pauses and looks at Colbert.] Please shut up. Thank you.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    If sir miles was in charge he'd have us all eating scouse and singing ferry cross the Mersey instead of the national anthem!!

Pray tell, how does one 'eat scouse', exactly? Is it best served cold, with chips or with a nice side salad? ?:)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    If sir miles was in charge he'd have us all eating scouse and singing ferry cross the Mersey instead of the national anthem!!

Pray tell, how does one 'eat scouse', exactly? Is it best served cold, with chips or with a nice side salad? ?:)
    I don't really know? It's like stew /casserole/ thick broth.....probably with a spoon and lump of bread?? Sir Miles is the local Beatles botherer, he can shed more light ;)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I don't really know? It's like stew /casserole/ thick broth.....probably with a spoon and lump of bread?? Sir Miles is the local Beatles botherer, he can shed more light ;)

You are correct. 'Scouse' is basically a cross between a stew and a chunky soup. Absolutely delicious and best moped up with a loaf of bread :)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I never knew that! See how informative AJB is for everything in life? When you said eating scouse, I had visions of nibbling on the toes of a young Cilla Black!
    Tom O'Connor made it when he did "Come dine with me" ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It's a dish that sailors used to eat so Liverpool, being a sea port and all, adopted it ... I believe it may be Norwegian in origin.

(I do believe Tom O'Connor won with his)

NB ... How on earth did we get from UK Priminister to a Norwegian stew ??
    Couldn't be Norwegian, there's no sheep's head or such in it ! :))

Did you know the last act of the American Civil War took place in Liverpool
    ( well Birkenhead, I think)
    A ship fighting for the Confederate army, refused to surrender to the North,
    Instead sailed to Birkenhead and handed the ship over, there. ;)
    Couldn't be Norwegian, there's no sheep's head or such in it ! :))

Did you know the last act of the American Civil War took place in Liverpool
    ( well Birkenhead, I think)
    A ship fighting for the Confederate army, refused to surrender to the North,
    Instead sailed to Birkenhead and handed the ship over, there. ;)

Americans always running back to the Motherland :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I thought it was called lob scouse ?? excuse spelling
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I thought it was called lob scouse ?? excuse spelling

That's part of it's origin.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I think it's what we Norwegians call "lapskaus" - the last part of the word sounds just like "scouse" too.
    Leadsome making an announcement at 12 ...

Throwing in the towel already ???
    Could be, she put her foot in it, BIG time over the weekend with her quip about May not
    Having kids 8-) .... then trying to deny it.
    Also it would seem with labour The Eagle has Landed,...... to make a run for the leadership.
    Oooh .... We have a new Prime Minister (more or less) :)

Hopefully this will give the country some much needed stability ... the pound has already gone up against the dollar and the euro.

I don't want another election. I want things to calm down now and for the government to get on with actually running the country.

It will interesting who she put's in the cabinet. I think I'd put Boris and Andrea Leadsom in somewhere (keep your enemies close and all that). I'd throw Gove and Osborne under a bus and get rid of Sajid Javid too.

I bet David Cameron is on Expedia booking a summer holiday now :)) :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Yes, Leadsom has quit. Prime Minister May it is, or will be shortly.
    The force of May, be with you ! :D
    Lady R and I simultaneously posted.
    I agree she'll put Andrea + Boris in Cabinet posts. Wondering about Osborne, though.
    I don't think you can speak his name out loud in Westminster. ;)
    Fine! :D
    I did laugh at the comedian who said, he couldn't people saying Osbourne didn't have a heart !
    ........... as it was well know, he keeps his heart in a glass jar in the tower ! :D
    I don't think you can speak his name out loud in Westminster. ;)

He is the Voldemort of politics :)) :))

At least the Conservatives have avoided the mayhem the Labour party are currently wallowing in ...

Did anyone catch Angela Eagles press conference ?? Super embarrassing as most of the political journalist had abandoned it to get to Leadsom. She should have delayed it for an hour or so ...

https://twitter.com/livvybolton/status/752476074550976512/video/1