Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Talking of conservatives: It seems the next Secretary of State in the US will be Rex Tillerson. He is the CEO of ExxonMobil and has no foreign policy experience as such, but he has represente the oil industry abroad. He has done a lot of business in Russia. Tillerson is negative to the sanctions against Russia after the invasjon of Ukraine . It looks like the next administration will be really soft on Russia. :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Is he banned yet? I've been away for a while..

No, he's still a member. Quite a day's work for a newbie. :D

He's not a newbie...
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

He's not a newbie...
    No trolls ever are. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • AlbenBarkley: TrollAlbenBarkley: Troll Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Edited by Barbel: You've suddenly become tiresome, Mr Troll.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

He's not a newbie...

Oh, I see. I wonder who he was before? Nice name change by Barbel there! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)
    And so subtle ...,

{[] {[] {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Barbel calls a spade a spade. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    :)) :)) :)
    And so subtle ...,

{[] {[] {[]

Subtle? Me? :p
    X-( X-( X-(

Should have warned me for calling that idiot an idiot - but now you have crossed the line! X-(

Higgins very angry!

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Higgins Smash !!! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    ;% ....
    Higgins' arm is long and his vengeance is total. You remember that. :D
    Higgins wrote:
    X-( X-( X-(

Should have warned me for calling that idiot an idiot - but now you have crossed the line! X-(

Higgins very angry!

You shouldn't call that idiot and idiot, Higgins. It's bad manners :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins Smash !!! ;)

FkRuInc.jpg?1
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Number24 wrote:

You shouldn't call that idiot and idiot, Higgins. It's bad manners :D

No, it's right and sensible :D :D

Some may argue it's idiotic to call that idiot an idiot :v
    Trump has hired a new leader of EPA who is no fan of the scientific finding about climate change. Now Trump has issued a questionaire to everyone in the Departement of Energy. The people there are asked if they are or have been working on climate change issues or if they can name others who have. Is this the start of a witch hunt? I look out the window and see fields of grass and not the white snow I remember from the Decembers of my childhood. The effects of climate change are seen first in the colder areas of the world. The weather report just said this weekend was 6-10 degrees Celsius warmer than average. It's very depressing to me.
    Number24 wrote:

Well sometimes someone must call something what it is ;)

Higgins wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Well sometimes someone must call something what it is ;)

(at some time tonight Higgins will realise he's not the only the only one who has called the person in question an idiot. Please re-read my quoted post above :)))
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Talking of conservatives: It seems the next Secretary of State in the US will be Rex Tillerson. He is the CEO of ExxonMobil and has no foreign policy experience as such, but he has represente the oil industry abroad. He has done a lot of business in Russia. Tillerson is negative to the sanctions against Russia after the invasjon of Ukraine . It looks like the next administration will be really soft on Russia. :#

Sanctions are a two-way street. When the government of country "A" imposes sanctions on country "B", country A's government is also restricting the right of its own citizens and companies to do business how they choose.

Trade wars also have a nasty habit of escalating into real wars:

How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan’s Attack on Pearl Harbor
    http://www.independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1930

"The Roosevelt administration... imposed a series of increasingly stringent economic sanctions on Japan. In 1939 the United States terminated the 1911 commercial treaty with Japan. On July 2, 1940, Roosevelt signed the Export Control Act, authorizing the President to license or prohibit the export of essential defense materials. Under this authority, on July 31, exports of aviation motor fuels and lubricants and No. 1 heavy melting iron and steel scrap were restricted. Next, in a move aimed at Japan, Roosevelt slapped an embargo, effective October 16, “on all exports of scrap iron and steel to destinations other than Britain and the nations of the Western Hemisphere.” Finally, on July 26, 1941, Roosevelt froze Japanese assets in the United States, thus bringing commercial relations between the nations to an effective end. One week later Roosevelt embargoed the export of such grades of oil as still were in commercial flow to Japan."

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson
    Number24 wrote:
    The effects of climate change are seen first in the colder areas of the world. The weather report just said this weekend was 6-10 degrees Celsius warmer than average. It's very depressing to me.

And today in my city it was 8 degrees Fahrenheit colder than average.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:
    "Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

Did Jefferson anticipate supersonic air travel? The world became a lot smaller in the 20th century than it was in Jefferson's time. I hope that one day there will be no benefit to any alliances because everyone will have honest friendships.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    The effects of climate change are seen first in the colder areas of the world. The weather report just said this weekend was 6-10 degrees Celsius warmer than average. It's very depressing to me.

And today in my city it was 8 degrees Fahrenheit colder than average.

Exactly. Climate change has caused both increases and decreases in temperatures in different parts of the world.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Cheld: temperature at one specific time is weather - temperature and temperature change over longer time is climate. The temperature on a single day says nothing about the climate. The fact that the climate is getting warmer has been proved beyond doubt.
    edited December 2016
    cheld wrote:

Phantastic ideal, but the world is is different - unfortunately.

First of all, Donald Trump is evidently not able to exist with others - not even with his party mates - in peace, so how would he manage to peacefully coexist with the rest of the world?

Then, it's the usual dilemma: If you are not willing to start a war with someone who you disagree, it all begins with talks and negotiations.
    Someone like Puting will laugh and lie you in the face (his invasion at Crimea may be a recent example) if you don't sanction these terms with consequences.

Consequence may be war - the alternatives are sanctions. And the EU sactions affect him and his citizens more than he's willing to admid.

So, while I agree with you, that sanctions have negative side effects for your own economy - what would you suggest instead in order to keep these violators in line?

edited December 2016
    cheld wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Sanctions are a two-way street. When the government of country "A" imposes sanctions on country "B", country A's government is also restricting the right of its own citizens and companies to do business how they choose.

Yes, sanctions provoked Japan to go to war against the US. But what would have happened without the sanctions? Japan would have occuped even more of Asia, bringing untold horrors on the population. I also suspect the Japanese expansion would have forced the US to go to war against Japan anyway, but only after Japan accuired even more recourses and land. Japan has very few natural resources, and they went to war to get control of oil fields etc. Russia on the other hand has an incredible amount of natural resources. Their problem is selling the oil and gas to the highest bidder. What stops them from doing that are the sanctions set in place because of their Attack on Ukraine, so they are unlikely to go to war on other countries and make matters even worse for themselves.

Sanctions seldom lead to war. You say sanctions have a nasty habit of turning into wars. Do you have any examples other than Imperial Japan? In South Africa sanctions even paved the way to the overthrow of aparteid.
    As far as I know Trump has only said things about Russia that are to Putin's advantage. Hardly surprising Russia helped him out in the election. Rex Tilerson made a huge deal withthe Russian petrolium company Rosneft worth 1 billion dollars, but then the sanctions came. Tillerson and ExxonMobile can't make those money until the sanctions are lifted.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/11/investing/rex-tillerson-exxon-russia-putin/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/11/rex-tillerson-secretary-of-state-trump-russia-putin
    Number24 wrote:
    Cheld: temperature at one specific time is weather - temperature and temperature change over longer time is climate. The temperature on a single day says nothing about the climate. The fact that the climate is getting warmer has been proved beyond doubt.

An aditional comment: your post about how it was colder than average in your city yesterday reminds me of stories most of have heard:
    "My uncle/grandfather/neighbour has smoked every day since he was 14, he is 90 now and in fine health." That may be so, but science has proved both the harmful effects of tobacco and the existence of human made climate change based on collecting wast amouts of data over time. Ancdotes are not proof.
    Matt S wrote:
    cheld wrote:

Did Jefferson anticipate supersonic air travel?

Irrelevant to the philosophies of free trade and non-interventionism.
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

An aditional comment: your post about how it was colder than average in your city yesterday reminds me of stories most of have heard:
    "My uncle/grandfather/neighbour has smoked every day since he was 14, he is 90 now and in fine health." That may be so, but science has proved both the harmful effects of tobacco and the existence of human made climate change based on collecting wast amouts of data over time. Ancdotes are not proof.

Right, anecdotes are NOT proof, so why did you post one?
    Number24 wrote:
    cheld wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Yes, sanctions provoked Japan to go to war against the US. But what would have happened without the sanctions? Japan would have occuped even more of Asia, bringing untold horrors on the population.

Not America's problem. Indochina was a collection of three French colonies obtained by a war of aggression: why don't you have a problem with European occupations of Asian territories?
This discussion has been closed.