**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    I compared the Royale V3 with TF's chart.
    The only big difference is the waist measurement.
    Just because of that, I will go for my regular size to play it safe.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    What size Royale Harrington V3 did you take, Commandant? Which size on the chart does it correspond to?
    I have a Royale V3 size M.
    The 1/2 waist measures 50cm.
    Size 48 on the TF chart has a waist of 50cm.
    For your information, I wear size 48 with TF.
    According to the chart measurements, I should go for size 46 in terms of shoulders, chest,..
    ONLY the waist is a problem...i advise you to check the waist's measurement.
  • BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Is there anyway I can be added to the list?
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    The Mantis wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    I measured a few jackets and although I'm a 48 in almost all of them, the half chest measurement of 54cm coincides with the size 46 on the Harrington.

Ergo,I'm going with a 46 (like Mantis)

Are we about the same size in other things?

Mantis, I think so.

i'm checking more of my jackets now because i think it may be wise to consider the material of the jacket. it won't stretch. and the chest measurement may be deceiving because the harrington style has a bit of "round" or billowy shape at the chest...

it may be better to compare shoulder and waist measurements (as has been discussed by a few folks here already) because there won't be any give.

i'm thinking of revising my contention to size down because if the chest fits but the shoulders don't, it's all for naught....
  • We have until the end of Dec. to process payment correct?

Still trying to narrow down the right size.

I've decided either a 48 or 50. I guess that's progress...
    so, here are pics with some measurements of 3 jackets of mine: a Belstaff H Racer, the JV spectre, and a Levis denim jacket (all size M)...[i'm a 48 in almost everything I own and that most often translates to a Medium ...occasionally a Small....]

of the 3, the levis gets the closest to the Harrington size 48 but the other two seem to align with the size 46 .... :#

Full_Size_Render_12.jpg

Full_Size_Render_13.jpg

Full_Size_Render_10.jpg

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

Full_Size_Render_3.jpg

Full_Size_Render_5.jpg

Full_Size_Render_6.jpg

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Full_Size_Render_8.jpg
    I have exactly the same issue.
    I will follow other members' advice to take the true size and have it altered if needed.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Hi folks, I was out of town this weekend with limited internet access. Glad everyone is getting things worked out with TF, the sooner all orders are in the sooner everyone will receive their jacket.

I think its still possible to add people so please PM me if you wish to be added to this list.

Simon
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    I have a Royale V3 size M.
    The 1/2 waist measures 50cm.
    Size 48 on the TF chart has a waist of 50cm.
    For your information, I wear size 48 with TF.
    According to the chart measurements, I should go for size 46 in terms of shoulders, chest,..
    ONLY the waist is a problem...i advise you to check the waist's measurement.

I have the same issue - After initially thinking the 46 would be right I am going to go for the 48 because of the difference in waist size from the Royale V3 Medium to the 46 - I'm not sure I could wear the Royale v3 with a further 4cm off the total waist.

I'm assuming TF Sloane Street will make adjustments albeit at a price?
    Mr. Luigi has kindly responded to my queries, images, and concerns...

He says based on those images, the safe bet is the size 48.....(he suggested that 46 would be a risk)

So to all: if you consider that i'm typically a 48, the images above compared to the measurements on the chart, our contact at TF says I should stay in my size.... which means this thing may be true to size after all....

revised order at this time: 48 for me...
    Still deciding on size. All indications point to a chart size 50. I would have to remove 12 cm from my Royale harrington to hug my hip bone, so the loss of 4cm should be okay. I will send another round of emails off to Luigi, with some pictures and hopefully remit payment in a couple days.

I tried to explain our confusion over the sizing table, but I think the language barrier got in the way. Is anyone here fluent in Italian?

The next issue is what, if anything, to include on the tag. I don't want my name in it, but something would be nice.

The following fit the 17 character per line limit:

[list=*]
    [*]Quantum of Solace = 17 characters incl. spaces[/*]
    [*]Harrington Jacket = 17 characters incl. spaces[/*]
    [*]Bolivia Jacket = 14 characters incl. spaces[/*]
    [/list]

Unfortunately the 17 character limit per line means the following are to long:

[list=*]
    [*]Harrington Project = 18 characters incl. spaces[/*]
    [*]Bolivia Harrington = 18 characters incl. spaces[/*]
    [*]Atacama Harrington = 18 characters incl. spaces[/*]
    [/list]

Basically, "Harrington" is too freaking long at 10 letters. :p

If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    curious why people would not want their name on the inside? The screen used TF stuff all has:

Daniel Craig
    Bond 2x

They wont write that on any of these but the point being if DC had his name on the inside...

If that still doesnt float your boat how about:
    007 Harrington
    Bond Harrington
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I was hoping just to have Quantum
    sruzgar wrote:
    curious why people would not want their name on the inside? The screen used TF stuff all has:

Daniel Craig
    Bond 2x

They wont write that on any of these but the point being if DC had his name on the inside...

If that still doesnt float your boat how about:
    007 Harrington
    Bond Harrington

Simon, are you going with a size 50 on the final product?
    i placed my order today- 48: asked for Bond 22 on the inside.

heeeeeeere we go.......
  • Looks like everyone is going with their true size.

Good to know.

As far as personalized insignia, I like the idea, but I'll be fine without it.

Simon, do we know how many still need to process payment?

I assume that if 50 orders are not placed by the end of December, then the project will be terminated. I may have misunderstood that portion of Luigi's letter.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Been doing a lot of measuring and trying on. Def going with a 50 (usually a 41 in TF shirts and 52 in TF casual wear)...
    Thats what the chart says will give around 5 inches in the chest, esp as this has next to no lining)...
    Sending Luigi forms tomorrow and asking the size 50 chart measurements are guaranteed minimums
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Simon didn't ask me to do this, but what does everyone think of emailing Luigi and asking him to GIFT a jacket to him for his tireless work as project leader (you have no idea the amount of time and angst he has been through)...I haven't thought of the vernacular around this yet, but I think if we mention it in numbers that some sort of nod from TF for Simon would be great they might listen to us?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Simon didn't ask me to do this, but what does everyone think of emailing Luigi and asking him to GIFT a jacket to him for his tireless work as project leader (you have no idea the amount of time and angst he has been through)...I haven't thought of the vernacular around this yet, but I think if we mention it in numbers that some sort of nod from TF for Simon would be great they might listen to us?
    +1 wholeheartedly
    Will do
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Still deciding on size. All indications point to a chart size 50. I would have to remove 12 cm from my Royale harrington to hug my hip bone, so the loss of 4cm should be okay. I will send another round of emails off to Luigi, with some pictures and hopefully remit payment in a couple days.

I tried to explain our confusion over the sizing table, but I think the language barrier got in the way. Is anyone here fluent in Italian?

The next issue is what, if anything, to include on the tag. I don't want my name in it, but something would be nice.

[list=*]
    [/list]

[list=*]
    [/list]

Let me know if you come to a conclusion Westward drift.

If the size chart is accurate, I'm a dead on 48, but if the prototype is an accurate 52, I would go for 50.
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    Still deciding on size. All indications point to a chart size 50. I would have to remove 12 cm from my Royale harrington to hug my hip bone, so the loss of 4cm should be okay. I will send another round of emails off to Luigi, with some pictures and hopefully remit payment in a couple days.

[list=*]
    [/list]

[list=*]
    [/list]

Let me know if you come to a conclusion Westward drift.

If the size chart is accurate, I'm a dead on 48, but if the prototype is an accurate 52, I would go for 50.

if the prototype is true i would wear a 58. But the measurement on the chart im a 54. I would rather follow the chart.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Here,here -{
    The Mantis wrote:

Absolutely
    The Mantis wrote:

Good idea!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

I support this and if TF is not willing to do it, we should collect the cash for one jacket for Simon.
    If everybody pays, it would be EUR 40,-- each @ 50 takers.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I support this and if TF is not willing to do it, we should collect the cash for one jacket for Simon.

Agreed. I'd be delighted to chip in.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Why don't we just give Simon the prototype? If not, I'll grab it ;)
    The Mantis wrote:
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I second this....

Why don't we just give Simon the prototype? If not, I'll grab it ;)
    The Mantis wrote:
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

{[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007