**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    If Simon and I are adding to the confusion with our choices then for that I am sorry....but as others have said, if you use the chart measurements and correspond that to the size the measurements associate with, it will be your best bet. Blair, thanks for the excellent pics and help.

I also, as others have mentioned, like the idea of TF completing a few associated sizes first, but I don't think it works like that for them. I believe they will CUT and create the jackets as a timed project amongst their other responsibilities so there will be a window they need to fit this into...
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Its getting lively in here! Just want to clear some things up, have said this before but to reiterate in an effort to clear things up.

[list=*]
    [*]The prototype jacket is marked as a 48[/*]
    [*]It is NOT a 52 (just fits like one because they run big)[/*]
    [*]The measurements on the prototype jacket match within a ball hair as you can see form this picture showing pit to pit of 22ish INCHES which is 56CM which is whats stated on the size chart under the size 48[/*]
    [/list]
    IMG_9451.jpg

All that being said, I'am ordering a size 48 and not a size 52. If you measure yourself and go off the size chart you should be fine. This is not a "standard" TF garment its a specially commissioned remake of a jacket that was made for a QoS and evidently ran a little bigger than TF items do today since it was 2007/8.

Perhaps we can get the proto sent down to Blair since he is handy with a tape measure ;)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Simon, the pit to pit is more 22.75 inches in your photo. That corresponds to 58cm, or a size 50. When measuring half chest ignore the side seam as it rarely falls exactly in the middle of a full chest.

I would have gone with a 50 even with the smaller waist, but TF cannot guarantee that the jacket may come out smaller than listed. So I followed Luigi's recommendation for a 52.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Norcha wrote:
    TSRGus-did you ordered size 48 if I may ask?
    I did order a 48.

I'd rather tailor down a bit if needed than risk it being small
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    Norcha wrote:
    TSRGus-did you ordered size 48 if I may ask?
    I did order a 48.

I'd rather tailor down a bit if needed than risk it being small

I just noticed you are same size in other stuff,that's why was asking
    To Simon.
    How you can tell that proto is still size 48 if Luigi sent me this:
    Dear Norbert

We had a discussion with Simon and David about the prototype and we decided to fix it as 52.
    Yes at first stage was labeled 48, but you may know that a prototype could change before final stage.
    Kindly I suggest you to check the measures of a similar jkt you may have at home, very important is chest and waist, lengths are standards.

Regarding hangers and covers; how many would you order?

Let me known if you need further assistance.

Regards

And after he sent confirmation to all of us,that proto will be size 52. As Luigi himself is size 52 and prototype fits him nicelely.
    Simon, the pit to pit is more 22.75 inches in your photo. That corresponds to 58cm, or a size 50. When measuring half chest ignore the side seam as it rarely falls exactly in the middle of a full chest.

I would have gone with a 50 even with the smaller waist, but TF cannot guarantee that the jacket may come out smaller than listed. So I followed Luigi's recommendation for a 52.

I don't have a tape measure handy but will find one and remeasure but I would say its more 22.33 inches MAX which would fall between 56 and 57cm
    Norcha wrote:
    To Simon.
    How you can tell that proto is still size 48 if Luigi sent me this:

::::::::::

And after he sent confirmation to all of us,that proto will be size 52. As Luigi himself is size 52 and prototype fits him nicelely.

I refer to my earlier post, the proto has a label inside that says "48" and the measurements are extremely close to whats listed on the chart as a 48

The confusion seemed to arise when we told Luigi that it fit more like a 52 but by no means does it measure anywhere close to whats listed under 52 on the size chart.
    From pics that was posted earlier with jacket and tape measure I would say all measures fits size 52.
    Just suggestion-email Luigi for confirmation!
  • This is the message that is causing confusion:

Dear Gentleman

In the last day I received some questions about the sizing.
    The prototype is labelled 48 but after many discussion we've considered a size 52.
    Please refer to the sizing chart attached to find out your size.
  • And here is the personal message Luigi sent to me:

We had a discussion with Simon and David about the prototype and we decided to fix it as 52.
    Yes at first stage was labeled 48, but you may know that a prototype could change before final stage.
    Kindly Refer to the sizing chart I sent you yesterday on the email.
    Exactly.
    And there is a confusion and missunderstanding,but it's between Luigi,David and Simon
  • If what Luigi says is true, I'm a size 50.

If what David and Simon are saying is true, I'm a 46.

There is an enormous difference between a true to size 46 and true to size 50.

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but more information and clarity is needed. There seems to be a breach in communication.
    MrE wrote:

I'm not trying to insult anyone
    trying being the operative word!
  • sruzgar wrote:
    MrE wrote:

I'm not trying to insult anyone
    trying being the operative word!

I apologize if I came across too abrasive.

Luigi highlighted the size 52 in red and everything he
    is saying suggests that the prototype is now a 52 on the chart.

Just think we need more clarity from him, since he will be labeling the jackets and decided their size.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I think the answer has got to be looked on pretty simply, I have over 100 various jackets all measure different sizes because of the type of jacket. Look for a similar cotton type jacket you have like the Royale Harrington if you think it fits how you want it too, measure it and go for the nearest size to what you have, if it between sizes, size up!
    We can't be asking Simon, David or Even Luigi for sizing advice as it's our call, if you are worried about the jacket not measuring what's stated on the size chart, put on your order form the size you want but write next to it 'sized as per size chart' that way if there are issues TF will have to make good and I am sure they will!
    If the jacket is to big take it into any TF store at any point and they will alter without any further cost to you.
    Hope this help but I have found TF Milan spot on when it comes to making good any issues they have been too notch.

I will be honest I am a fussy git when it comes to my clothes and I order a suit and the navy Cashmere Spectre coat, I told them not to fit any sleeve button as they were posted out and wanted the amount of buttons to be screen accurate, these two items they fitted the buttons anyway, they were sent back and sleeves replaced, I was expecting issues or the shoulders not to be right, they came back and they were perfect.
    Ross
  • welshboy78 wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    The greatest likelihood is that TF will default sizing to the fashion house's sizing blueprints.

I say likelihood...

regardless, i've committed... have sent forms, cc info, etc...

Im baffled why they have not done this

For the sake of removing all ambiguity and setting
    the record straight...

My frustration is not with Simon or David making an educated guess at which size they are personally going with.

My frustration is with Tom Ford's unorthodox approach and over complication of such a simple matter as to create a size
    chart.

And even then, I'm not very frustrated, I just see why some are hesitant to order.
    The fact TF are entertaining this at all I am happy and just hope the 50 people who said they will go for it will all follow through.
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    I don't think the size chart changed. We should just go by the measurements to avoid confusion.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    The fact TF are entertaining this at all I am happy and just hope the 50 people who said they will go for it will all follow through.

The problem is to some of us this obsession (in this case a hefty €2000) means a lot of sacrifices. So I understand why some are a little hesitant.

I am committed as when I say Im in, I am, and have sent my order in, now just hope Luigis advice is good as have let go of 2 prized possesions to fund it....

Sure the 50 will come good. Not the best time of year as its fallen right on the most expensive time of year 8-)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    That is 50 orders and not size 50 :))

I totally understand €2000 euros is a lot of money but I think if you measure what you wear normally and size up if needs be TF will make it fit, they are an expensive designer but my experiences with them I can't really fault them. Worst case in pretty sure you will get your money back all day long if it don't fit on eBay or elsewhere.
    Yep agree and exactly what ive done. 51 would probably give me a SA fit. If 52 turns out true to TF Ill be fine. Agree as well re TF Milan, always first class, sure this will work out the same

• What is the deadline for all orders to be placed?
  • Only 17 have placed orders.

Something is clearly turning people off.
    Could be sizing concerns, could be the June delivery date, could be the time of the year...

Who knows.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    My order will go thru later. I have been away for 5 weeks so wanted to remeasure good fit jackets before I selected size
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    You'll gain weight an blow off all existing jackets over the holidays anyhow 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Perhaps a mass mailing reminder by Simon is in order.
  • sruzgar wrote:
    Its getting lively in here! Just want to clear some things up, have said this before but to reiterate in an effort to clear things up.

[list=*]
    [*]The prototype jacket is marked as a 48[/*]
    [*]It is NOT a 52 (just fits like one because they run big)[/*]
    [*]The measurements on the prototype jacket match within a ball hair as you can see form this picture showing pit to pit of 22ish INCHES which is 56CM which is whats stated on the size chart under the size 48[/*]
    [/list]
    IMG_9451.jpg

All that being said, I'am ordering a size 48 and not a size 52. If you measure yourself and go off the size chart you should be fine. This is not a "standard" TF garment its a specially commissioned remake of a jacket that was made for a QoS and evidently ran a little bigger than TF items do today since it was 2007/8.

Perhaps we can get the proto sent down to Blair since he is handy with a tape measure ;)

When you measure pit to pit, you lay the tape loosely on the fabric. When you pull the tape tightly, as in the above picture, you get an inaccurate measurement. The prototype is 23 inches pit to pit and the length and everything else matches up to a size 52 on the size chart. If Luigi is calling the prototype a 52, then I think people should go with their true size. Otherwise everyone will end up with jackets that are too small.

The prototype is a 52. Hands down.
  • I have further confirmation from Luigi that the prototype is a size 52 on the size chart. And that this size chart is 100% accurate. That's why he is telling everyone if they size down it is "too risky" and why he is telling everyone to go with their true size. So let's get those orders in. Rest assured if you go with your true Italian size, you'll be fine.

Screen_Shot_2016_12_06_at_6_02_46_AM.png