**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• Mm,

You're probably just upset because you want one of these jackets but you can't afford one.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Selling on this site is a reason to ban somone?
    That's interesting...

Abusing the forum to sell only and to troll - Yes!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    Now, now...MM is just showing compassion and concern in this thread. Do you by chance have a history in nursing, MM? Perhaps Lainz Hospital in Vienna during the 1980's?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,636Chief of Staff
    That's interesting...

Ok...I've sent you a PM asking you to explain why you are so negative in a thread that you have no interest in...I look forward to your response -{
    YNWA 97
  • Sir Miles wrote:
    That's interesting...

Ok...I've sent you a PM asking you to explain why you are so negative in a thread that you have no interest in...I look forward to your response -{

PM replied to.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    some of us will be wearing Harringtons this spring... others can lament the folly of their fears...

"take a deep breath.... you only need one shot.....make it count...."

Spring?

The delivery date is June I believe.

Which may be another reason there has been a mass drop out of interested parties.

okay, so June....whatever.... Is that really a deal breaker?
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    We have been waiting 8 years for the jacket lol
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    Some new members (maybe because younger?) are far too impatient

This hobby is a waiting game, it requires patience and many years to find the rare items and in this case it didnt even exist as far as we know for the general public to purchase.

To put things into perspective I purchased mine from a member here 24th October 2014, hence it took me basically 4 years as a AJB member to find one that fitted me (and it is actually a size up but the best I can find)

As Ross says some people here have prob been hunting for the retail / non SA version of this jacket for 8 years on eBay etc

Maybe the Mouse wanted to flip it and the time frame did not suit him
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Agree with the above. -{ -{ -{
    And honestly the chase is the fun!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    It is indeed
    Maybe I'll finally bag a pair of J Crew Kentons in my size in 2020!!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    It is indeed

If your feet weren't so dainty.... :v

Right now I am both patient and impatient. Patient enough to wait for June, but impatient waiting for 50 so I can get charged.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    25 have paid now....so slow but moving in the right direction.
  • The Mantis wrote:
    25 have paid now....so slow but moving in the right direction.

So halfway there.

If anyone has any concerns or hang ups that are keeping you from placing an order, feel free to voice them, and we all will do our best to help you out.

I'm waiting to hear back from Luigi and then I will be placing my order. So I guess that makes 26. :007)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    It is indeed

If your feet weren't so dainty.... :v

Right now I am both patient and impatient. Patient enough to wait for June, but impatient waiting for 50 so I can get charged.

True, hence my fear of high winds

Would be good to know if the 34 (ish) who havent committed yet are still planning to or have some backed out?
    Maybe Luigi could send a chaser and seek in or out notifications.
    Or we just wait and see

• -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Still deciding on sizing and will have my order sent in by tomorrow once I figure it out... Any recommendations are welcome.

I wear in TF (Sizes in EU):

48R Windsor
    50R O'Connor
    50R Cardigans

Based on the measurements provided, I was leaning towards the 48 in the Harrington, but some said to order your regular size, so I am not 100% certain.
    Still deciding on sizing and will have my order sent in by tomorrow once I figure it out... Any recommendations are welcome.

I wear in TF (Sizes in EU):

48R Windsor
    50R O'Connor
    50R Cardigans

Based on the measurements provided, I was leaning towards the 48 in the Harrington, but some said to order your regular size, so I am not 100% certain.

Agree, go 50

Go for your regular size!
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    i had a dream I was wearing my Harrington.
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    We will see... should be one up as I committed (?) yesterday. For now we do dream.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Ok...well the end of December has come which is the deadline for orders. Hope all that committed have decided on their size and responded to Luigi.

I agree that any who have changed their mind should let Simon know so we don't hang around hoping!
  • BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    WAIT,

I have emailed Simon my address but have not got back a response,

I'm also ready to pay which would bump the count to 26.
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    is there a deadline? Or is the order going through after 50?
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I've been following this thread since day 1 because I'm interested in this project but I'm not invested in it since I'm not buying a jacket.

Having said that, some people really either need to piss, or get off the pot. There were at one point at least 60 confirmed orders and as of today there are only 26 people that have paid. ?:)

If the remaining 34 weren't serious about buying the jacket, then they should never have committed to it. But if you were, then what the hell is stopping you from placing the order?

I know there was an issue with sizing which has now been resolved but that was how long ago now?

Come on people. If you committed, then place the order already. Stop wasting other peoples time.

P.S. I really do hope this project gets finalized. I'm eager to see everyone proudly showing off their jackets. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    junebai89 wrote:
    is there a deadline? Or is the order going through after 50?

We need 50 but Luigi wanted to get payment details in by the end of December. This gave us the June production date.

If we don't have some kind of deadline to get people on board this could drag on...
    I dont believe it will or should drag on-
    Have we got 50?

Yes - great.... Cant wait

No - 2 options

1. TF agree to do the reduced number
    2. Project doesnt go ahead

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I dont believe it will or should drag on-
    Have we got 50?

Yes - great.... Cant wait

No - 2 options

1. TF agree to do the reduced number
    2. Project doesnt go ahead

Or option 3, we ask to extend the deadline -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited January 2017
    I personally have no problem that 2k Euros are being blocked for a long time - but those who can'T keep their promises for whatsoever reason should contact Simon IMMEDIATELY!!

Keeping those who've paid hanging further is even worse than breaking a committment to pay!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    I personally have no problem hat 2k Euros are being blocked for a long time - but those who can'T keep their promises for whatsoever reason should contact Simon IMMEDIATELY!!

Keeping those who've paid hanging further is even worse than breaking a committment to pay!

Totally agree. I just want to know if its a go or not. Everyone who committed either pay now or put your hands up and say you are out...