**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Without getting into specifics I did want to let everyone know that TF has extended a significant gesture of appreciation. I am very happy with their response and further excited about this project moving forward, and hopefully more in the future.
    :D
    Great and well deserved
    Thank you from all of us Simon
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    sruzgar wrote:
    Without getting into specifics I did want to let everyone know that TF has extended a significant gesture of appreciation. I am very happy with their response and further excited about this project moving forward, and hopefully more in the future.

This is great news!
    Thank you again Simon for all the hard work.

Please let us know when the DB5 prototype is ready -{
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:

Excellent news! -{

You certainly deserve it. Simon.

I am still awaiting a reply from Luigi.
    Heard back from Luigi
    Unfortunately the sizing confusion remains. The chart indicates me to be a 50, which is what I have ordered, forms etc all received.
    However, as a 41-42 chest Luigi intimated the 52 is "less risky"... Leaving me scratching my head.
    I am a little disappointed that TF seem unable to give a firm confirmation that the jacket WILL match the supplied chart measurements.
    I dont really want to fork out more money to heavily tailor a jacket that should be simple to buy in the right size (Royale / Barracuta etc do a good job)... And TF london is a 700 mile round trip :s

• junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    able to give a firm confirmation that the jacket WILL match the supplied chart measurements.

I just measured my jackets I have and made the decision from that. If you look at the numbers (ie: 50, 52, 54, 56) They run very large.

I have a TF leather jacket at 58 which almost has the same dimension as 54-56 for the Bond Harrington.

I think the confusion will pass if people just measure their best fitting jacket and order by the measurements.

I'm usually a 56-58eu and a XL in most sizes.... I have a 46uk G9 Baracuda jacket which fits like the Qauntum of Solance end scene.. I ordered a 54 Bond Harrington, which is very slighty bigger than the G9 in measurements. G9=58cm chest and Bond Harrington being 62cm chest.
    edited December 2016
    junebai89 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    able to give a firm confirmation that the jacket WILL match the supplied chart measurements.

I just measured my jackets I have and made the decision from that. If you look at the numbers (ie: 50, 52, 54, 56) They run very large.

I have a TF leather jacket at 58 which almost has the same dimension as 54-56 for the Bond Harrington.

I think the confusion will pass if people just measure their best fitting jacket and order by the measurements.

I'm usually a 56-58eu and a XL in most sizes.... I have a 46uk G9 Baracuda jacket which fits like the Qauntum of Solance end scene.. I ordered a 54 Bond Harrington, which is very slighty bigger than the G9 in measurements. G9=58cm chest and Bond Harrington being 62cm chest.

Totally agree, and that is what I did, resulting in an order for a 50 placed. It was Luigi who then came back to me and advised (in roundabout way due to language) that going a size down "could" be risky.. In other words, if it arrives and is smaller than the chart measurements im screwed.... He stated go for normal size and have it tailored if its too big.
    Not just me, orhers i know personally are getting the same comments.
    Think the measurements need to be guaranteed minimums, and right now, going on Luigis comments, they aren't.
    Steve / Paul chime in?

Luigis email attached
    Dear Mark
    So sorry I haven't get back to you, I've been away for a business trip in east Europe.
    Thanks for sending all the documents requested.
    Yes as per the measurements of Steve I suggested the best is to order a 52. I guess a 50 will be a risk. Cause the chest and waist are the most important measurement to be considered at first.
    Anyway if is slightly bigger you can slim down but if 50 run smaller you can't let out.
    My suggestion is to be close to the measures even a bit bigger

I am a 41/16 in TF shirts and 52 in suits / casual. My measurements were sent ti Luigi, as head of MTM I hoped it would bring clarity to my sizing.

I wear 17.5/44 in TF shirts and im taking a 54. And the 54 will still be slightly bigger than the G9 jacket I have.

I hope these are accurate sizing that Luigi gave us and not approx and doesn't deviate a whole size up or down.

What I'm more concerned about is when Luigi said "IF SIZE 50 RUNS SMALLER" is this implying the size chart he gave us isn't accurate?
    junebai89 wrote:
    I wear 17.5/44 in TF shirts and im taking a 54. And the 54 will still be slightly bigger than the G9 jacket I have.

I hope these are accurate sizing that Luigi gave us and not approx and doesn't deviate a whole size up or down.

What I'm more concerned about is when Luigi said "IF SIZE 50 RUNS SMALLER" is this implying the size chart he gave us isn't accurate?

??? Exactly my issue

• TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Just an idea or a suggestion.

I guess almost everyone is a little uncertain and unsure which size is the right one. No one wants to get a too small jacket and I think it is also in nobody's interest when many of the harringtons are too big and need to be adjusted.

So, maybe it is possible to propose Luigi - if he receives the necessary 50 payment confirmations - that the production begins with only one jacket in each of the most common sizes (46, 48, 50, 52, 54). Thereafter we can compare the actual jackets with the size chart and everyone can confirm or modify his ordered size.

Perhaps this will delay the delivery, but I think that is probably the lesser evil and is also in the interest of all parties involved on the part of Tom Ford Milan.
    Tintin wrote:

I guess almost everyone is a little uncertain and unsure which size is the right one. No one wants to get a too small jacket and I think it is also in nobody's interest when many of the harringtons are too big and need to be adjusted.

So, maybe it is possible to propose Luigi - if he receives the necessary 50 payment confirmations - that the production begins with only one jacket in each of the most common sizes (46, 48, 50, 52, 54). Thereafter we can compare the actual jackets with the size chart and everyone can confirm or modify his ordered size.

Perhaps this will delay the delivery, but I think that is probably the lesser evil and is also in the interest of all parties involved on the part of Tom Ford Milan.

Had thought about this and absolutely agree its a great way forward :)

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    For those that were asking me I am going to be getting a 46. Judging by the measurements and also how the prototype fit me (Proto is marked as the 48) I came to this conclusion.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I know a lot of people have questions about sizing and some of you have reached out to me in email or PM's, all I can do is suggest that you use the chart and tell you that personally Im going with a 48 which was the prototype size and to me measures extremely close to what;s on the chart.

The only reason Im saying this is because I simply dont have the time to respond to everyone individually and for liability I need to be removed from this aspect of the project.

That being said I was just told only 15 people off the list have actually payed which means we are at least 35 people short of this jacket ever going into production in the first place so really need people who have committed to submit their payments so as not to delay this for everyone.
    Simon, pobably due to the fact that Luigi is confusing us all
    If there is anyway you can get him to commit to the actual jackets measuring as per the chart, that would help
    My forms are in but I am very nervous re going with his recommendation of a 52, given I have a 41 chest....

• GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I admit I'm confused on sizing too, I've ordered a 48 just because the waist on the 46 concerns me, however, I think the most important thing to do is get up to 50 people paid and then we will be in a better position to be firmer about sizing.
    I have typed and edited this post so many times...

I have had authorization for both the size 50 and the 52 waiting in my email drafts folder for over the last week. I have twice asked Luigi for a guarantee that the listed dimensions are a minimum. I have not gotten that. I would be fine ordering the size 50 should I have that guarantee.

I sent pictures to Luigi of me wearing my Royale V1 which matches the chest, shoulder, sleeves and length of the proposed size 50. Only the waist of the TF is 4 centimeters less. I really like the fit of my Royale and realize the TF would be slightly slimmer due to the drop from chest to waist.

I received this from Luigi:
    Seeing your measurements I would go with size 52 anyway you will wear it with a jumper underneath or something. That jacket could be slim down but not let out, so the waist will be perfect and shoulders a bit wide however you will be always on time to make alterations despite I think this one being a sport jacket could be a little bit over (proper fit from original Harrington from quantum).

I mentioned nothing in my email about wanting to layer the jacket. Where I live there are maybe six really cold dry days a year.

The reply Mark got is even more worrying, "Anyway if is slightly bigger you can slim down but if 50 run smaller you can't let out."

I don't look forward to spending a ludicrous amount on a cotton jacket where the sizing isn't guaranteed, basically necessitating a size up only to probably need alterations from a boutique that will require a 700-1000 mile round trip.
    Tintin wrote:

Excellent idea. Of course, this again requires a guarantee of uniformity among the produced jackets.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Of course, this again requires a guarantee of uniformity among the produced jackets.

When they start the production run, I'm afraid we need a little confidence in their skills. And I cannot imagine that they will have major fluctuations in production.
    In the end we are talking about Tom Ford and not about h&m. I think they know what they are doing, if they do.
    Tintin wrote:
    Of course, this again requires a guarantee of uniformity among the produced jackets.

When they start the production run, I'm afraid we need a little confidence in their skills. And I cannot imagine that they will have major fluctuations in production.
    In the end we are talking about Tom Ford and not about h&m. I think they know what they are doing, if they do.

Exactly, this is Tom Ford. Yet we still need that show of confidence.

As it's already almost 8pm in Milan my plan for tonight is to go out for some cocktails after work before submitting my order for a 52. Several Vespers are needed for this.
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi Everyone

I don't normally post on the Forum unless I feel I have something positive to help to move the project forward.
    I emailed Simon & David Z. with my concerns on the Sizing but said I wouldn't post my comments because at this point talking Too much about the sizing will NOT make this Project happen.
    At one point I heard to there were 60 people on the list to buy ...... Now only 15 people have committed to purchase.
    This is what I think ....... If you want a Jacket ...... make your order now!!!
    Look at the Chart and make your best judgment to pick the best size for you (Provisionally).
    WE need the minimum 50 orders for TF to move forward and start the process of manufacturing ..... so, if you contacted Simon to be on the list ...... you need to commit and make your order.

Now the Best suggestion I've seen on the Forum was by Tintin:-
    Once TF has the required minimum 50 orders WE (Simon) asks them (TF) to manufacture a 46, 48, 50, 52 etc. i.e. one of each size and send these Production Garments to either David Z or Simon to evaluate and do an accurate measurement.
    Hopefully then we should then make an informative decision on which size would be the best Size/Fit to order.

Yes this would delay the orders ..... but a least you would be able to confirm your order size with some degree of confidence.

IF MORE PEOPLE DON"T COMMIT ALL SIMONS SUPERB & HARD WORK WILL BE FOR NOUGHT ....... AND NOBODY WILL GET A JACKET.

Your thoughts to help make this happen ..........

Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    Here in lies the problem...

David and Simon are calling the prototype a 48.

Luigi has sent out an email stating the prototype
    has been relabeled to a 52.

Simon and David are acting like it's still a 48.

There is a Night and Day difference depending
    on what the actual size of the prototype is.

I'm grateful for the efforts of everyone involved.
    But I'm going to be blunt for a moment.

Here's an idea...pick up the phone, call Luigi,
    and find out what size the prototype will be labeled.

There is some miscommunication that needs to be cleared up.

People do not want to spend $2,000 on a jacket that doesn't fit.
    Even if it is screen accurate or extremely rare.
    You have to boost people's confidence in order for them to purchase. We NEED an accurate size chart. There's no way around it.
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    P.S. I'm normally a std. size 52 (actual chest measurement 41 1/2") I've ordered a size 50 going by the measurements on the chart.
    Made my order within an hour of getting the email from Luigi and then had a reply within two hours to say that I was the First!
    Sure the sizing will all be sorted ..... but we need to show TF our commitment to make it happen!!!
    Dave
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    No offence to anyone. But you guys like to make drama.
    As MrE mentioned Luigi confirmed prototype will be labelled as SIZE 52!!!
    And jacket will run pretty true to size.
    I'm sure DZ wants to get size 50 and Simon size 52.( they are wrong about their sizes)
    I'm 38"/39" chest and I'm going for size 48,so simple-follow size chart.
    At the end Luigi takes all responsibility not DZ or Simon
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    The greatest likelihood is that TF will default sizing to the fashion house's sizing blueprints.

I say likelihood...

regardless, i've committed... have sent forms, cc info, etc...
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    TSRGus-did you ordered size 48 if I may ask?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    The greatest likelihood is that TF will default sizing to the fashion house's sizing blueprints.

I say likelihood...

regardless, i've committed... have sent forms, cc info, etc...

Im baffled why they have not done this
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    i already put in my order for 54.

I trust DZ and Simon, since they seen and sized the prototype.
  • Simon, and David you guys have done an excellent job bringing this project this far.

Now it's time to knock it out of the park.

Let everyone know that you have changed your ordered size to 50 and 52, and that should clear up a lot of confusion.

Luigi has in fact stated the prototype is relabeled to a size 52.
    Please confirm.

And I mean no disrespect. Thanks again.
    MrE wrote:
    Simon, and David you guys have done an excellent job bringing this project this far.

Let everyone know that you have changed your ordered size to 50 and 52, and that should clear up a lot of confusion.

Please confirm.

If thats the case then I should wear a 58. Which looking at the measurements from the chart would be WAAAAYYYYY TOOO BIG.
    junebai89 wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    Simon, and David you guys have done an excellent job bringing this project this far.

Please confirm.

If thats the case then I should wear a 58. Which looking at the measurements from the chart would be WAAAAYYYYY TOOO BIG.

And so back to my original post. My Tf size is a 52, from the chart I would a 50. Luigi says go with 52 as the 50 may run smaller (than what?)... All I asked for was a guarantee that my 50 would match the chart, and he couldnt give me that. So ordered a 52 but very worried it will be simply too big. Clarity is needed.

• The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Hi folks. Just for my two cents. I'm lucky enough to own both the screen-used harrington and its retail equivalent. Much has been mentioned about asking TF to just use their regular measurements, and I initially thought that that would solve a few headaches, because there are subtle differences between the retail and new run jackets- the new jacket is slightly longer in the body, the retail one has ever so slightly wider shoulders, and the new run has ever so slightly larger chest, but when I got the tape measure out, the differences are so slight. Here is a comparison, between my retail size 48 and the revised, final measurement chart given by Luigi:

Luigi Retail

Chest: 56cm 55cm
    Waist: 50cm 50cm
    Shoulders: 48cm 50cm
    Sleeves to Centre Back:89cm 89/90cm
    Centre Back: 65cm 62cm

So, personally, I'm sticking with my usual size for Tom Ford, a size 48. Here are some pics of the measurements:

TF%20Retail%20Chest%20big_zps4x9nj3d6.jpg

TF%20Retail%20Chest_zpsdsofy4ql.jpg

TF%20Retail%20Waist_zpsuqhcebvy.jpg

TF%20Retail%20Back%20Big_zpsstbt4jtx.jpg

TF%20Retail%20Back%20small_zpscc2oo1mp.jpg

TF%20Retail%20Sleeve%20to%20CB%20Big_zpso9zzovlu.jpg

TF%20Retail%20Sleeve%20to%20CB%20small_zps5ob3sfys.jpg

TF%20Retail%20Back_zpsdfujhenk.jpg

I hope that's calmed a few concerns, and not put too many cats among too many pigeons. We really need to get those orders finalised, as Luigi has told me that he's only had payment from 16 people.

Warmest regards, and an early Happy Christmas to one and all!

Cheers,

Blair
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Thank you Blair!
    This is very helpful and answers a lot of questions.
    Your measurement comparison confirms that we should stick to our true size.
    Happy Holiday Season to you all.