Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

1333435363739»

Comments

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 80MI6 Agent

This 45 seconds is basically Page's audition for Bond. He's a little cheesy, but if Bridgerton demonstrated he can do suave, then perhaps his next move is to prove he can act.

https://twitter.com/agapethamar/status/1378044178777653248

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,064MI6 Agent
    edited April 6

It's just moving images of him, really! :) Yes, I'll have to have a look at him in it to see if he's got any star quality.

I think they're more likely to go with someone with more screen experience though- they have done for the last 50 years, and I think it's only becoming more necessary as things move on.

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 2,943MI6 Agent

If I've learned anything it's this: the ability to act is secondary if the person has all of the other qualities necessary for the role. Case in point, Gal Gadot.

That said, what I've seen of Page indicates that he's, at a minimum, adequate as an actor. Give him a strong director and I think he'd be fine as Bond.

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,064MI6 Agent
    edited April 6

Gosh I think it's quite the opposite: case in point- Lazenby vs Craig. Lazenby is physically perfect for Bond, but on the movie screen he's barely there. Craig was a massive hit around the world and the longest running official Bond so far.

Maybe technically being the most amazing actor isn't top priority, but you need to be able to be a star- as Moore and Brosnan showed.

I think Gadot has presence and charm- in many ways she's the closest thing we have in a superhero movie right now to Christopher Reeve.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent

Have thought it for a while now. I will be very surprised if Page isn't the next James Bond.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 963MI6 Agent

Further to my last post, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who see's the potential for Banjo. Of course it will not happen but I think with the correct training he could make a good Bond replacement. He has the height and physique and the looks. I post this interview. It is a fluffy nonsense interview, but it allows us pretend Bond casting agents to take a look at him. If he got rid of the beard and was put into the correct clothes I think we'd think James Bond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-p2STL64w

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 863MI6 Agent

Tom Cullen still my choice for Bond no 7

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 2,943MI6 Agent

I'd be ok with Cullen.

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • __M____M__ Posts: 28MI6 Agent

The reinvention of James Bond has occurred twice, that I could define. I exclude Barry Nelson. Connery>Lazenby>Moore, as different as they were, represented one lineage. This was followed by Dalton, and a reinvention of Bond, the closest to the Fleming books, in my opinion. I wouldn't even call Brosnan's rendition a redefinition but more of a marionette of Bond portrayed by someone who always wanted to inject Remington Steele into the Bond role. In my opinion he was the least true to Fleming's books.

Then the second reinvention with Daniel Craig, whom although he didn't exactly match a Hoagy Carmichael look, his tough demeanor places him second, in my mind, closest to the Fleming created persona.

Now the dilemma of Bond 7. Is there even going to be another James Bond, or just a 007, which in today's world, could be anything or anybody, twice. At the risk of being accused of racism, chauvinism, or not being woke, the comments and accusations bother me not. I am a man of my time, and have rarely been influenced by passing fads or the opinions of fanatics or sheep of any ilk. I am a follower of the literary Bond, and the man who created him. I admire the views and opinion of both author and character.

With all of this said, if the evolution of the franchise is leading to a non-Anglo-European, female, or transgendered 007, in any combination, I will have seen my last James Bond motion picture, regardless of what critics say, with the final moment of No Time To Die. I could probably leave the franchise now, since Bond has been retiring in one manner or another since On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

If the franchise decides to reinvent Bond for a third time, then they will need to pull another Daniel Craig out of the hat. A relatively unknown actor who closely projects the Fleming character in appearance, mannerism and beliefs. Anything else to me, is rubbish. I was seven years old when I saw Dr. No in the theater. It will be nearly 60 years later when, I believe, I will probably view my last Bond film. Either way, I'm good with it.