Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Comments

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,099MI6 Agent

LMAO

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,118MI6 Agent

PMSL 🤣😳

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    edited May 13

Surely HC will not be available due to the imminent, unavoidable, draft into the real life Great Jersey Fish War?!

FWIW HC would be good despite suffering from Brosnan 'it's his turn' syndrome.

I also still really like Hoult.

IMNSHO, HC is probably too committed to other projects right now. He's also 38, meaning he'd probably be 42 or so before the next film goes into production. I think his time has passed unless they make 3 films (like in a trilogy) one after the other.

In short, he's SOL.

Current rankings:
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,817MI6 Agent

I like HC and he would be a traditional choice, but I think he's just too obvious a choice for them.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,571MI6 Agent

The late Chadwick Boseman was IMO, an excellent character actor with movie star looks and lots of screen presence. Boseman was also a terrific mimic and had great physicality which served him so well in the bio films he did. I have no doubt Boseman could have done a spot on accent for the role and looked very convincing in the action (it is sad to note that unbeknownst to many Boseman had suffered with bouts of the cancer that eventually took his life for many years; it is also a tribute to how tough and resilient he was) and embodied Bond on the screen. Of course, even had Boseman lived, there's no way EON would have cast a Marvel Superhero as Bond much less one as iconic as Boseman's Black Panther.

I dunno. Casting Boseman as Bond would have been a license to print money. Boseman was already getting big thanks to BLACK PANTHER and his overall level of talent, and he had tremendously broad appeal.

Current rankings:
  • doubleOElvisdoubleOElvis Posts: 15MI6 Agent

If EON is even remotely interested in avoiding controversy, they will stay as far away from Henry Cavill as possible.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,766MI6 Agent

I think there are many choices that are far more controversial than Henry Cavill.

I'd probably cross Cavill off of your list now. He's reportedly in talks to be in the long-gestating remake of HIGHLANDER.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/henry-cavill-lionsgates-highlander-reboot-chad-stahelski-1234761916/

Current rankings:

Well, Kata of the Gym. If being Superman, Solo and a Mission Impossible villan didn't disquallify him I don't think this will.

I just think he'll be too busy and attached to too many projects. He's got THE WITCHER taking up a ton of his time, he's got the sequel to ENOLA HOLMES to film, and now he's got this. Indeed, considering how much people liked his take as Sherlock Holmes (even if it was just a cameo) in ENOLA HOLMES, I would not be surprised if he got offered to continue as Holmes in his own run of movies.

Current rankings:

Maybe, but we won't see B26 in years.

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 92MI6 Agent

Anyone seen the Eternals trailer? Maybe Chloe Zhao is a genius as she's made Richard Madden look 6ft. Regardless, he's still a strong contender for the next 007. Though much will be dependent on his Marvel commitments.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 285MI6 Agent

he's also remaking Highlander..which seems gratuitous...there can be only one!

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,854Quartermasters

I would certainly agree that a "Highlander" gig probably takes Cavill out of the speculative Bond picture (more;s the pity, in my opinion).

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

'OK, Henry...HIGHLANDER or BOND? There can be only one.'

Current rankings:
  • LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 92MI6 Agent

Rege-Jean Page has commented on Bond rumours in a new Variety cover. The fact he's on the cover of Variety only further cements his ascent to the A-list. He also has the benefit of not being too big a name. I have to admit that the more I see of this gentleman, the more I like him......He just seems a little too obvious a choice after Craig shook things up. Perhaps Amazon want someone more dependable going into the next era. Perhaps it's the eyebrows, but he reminds me of Sean Connery.

Interesting, there was (and still is ) Craig....Turner, Madden, Page. James Bond is shrinking. Personally, I have no problem with that ( I only wish I was as tall as any of those gentlemen) . The only one of that group who is slightly below average height is Madden. Just an observation on an unusually cold and rainy day in May.

I think Page has got this. If you're really going to start things over again, you may as well REALLY shake things up.

Current rankings:
    edited May 31

Ignore the quote at the top.....not what I was going to comment on.

Anyway, with regards to what Gymkata said about Page. For me, the question is not one of race, ethnicity, etc. The issue is, is the actor the right choice for Bond? From what little I have seen of Page, I don't know if he is the right fit period. There is something a bit "lightweight" and manufactured about him. If you are going to have a non-white Bond, they still need to be right for the role.

Personally, I think he's right. For me, he has the right bearing/charisma/presence for a part like this. Fighting skills can be learned

I mean, in an ideal situation, you'd de-age Idris Elba or Chiwetel Ejiofor and give either of them the role. Both would be phenomenal. Unfortunately, they've both 'aged out' of the part. If you're going to cast a non-white actor, Page is the perfect age for the part (he's 30-31) right now and in a few years for when Bond 26 would actually get off of the ground.

If he's cast, you'll absolutely lose a lot of die hard Bond fans, including several here on the boards. At the same time, you'll also gain a ton more due to his very broad appeal to everyone. He's going to be a huge star...may as well get him dialed in on a franchise now while his pricetag is low.

Current rankings:

I haven't seen a single episode of Briderton yet, but from what I hear it's a good "Roger Moore school". Neither have I seen his performance in Roots, but my impression is that he plays a charmer/trickster type there too. But I see no "Munich", no "The Long Good Friday", no "Layer Cake" and no "Tomb Raider" in his resymè. I'd like to see a standout drama and/or a good action film performance from Rege before he joins my list of favourite Bond candidates.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,151MI6 Agent

Yes, I haven't seen him in anything yet. I would have thought they'd want someone who has proven themselves in movie roles, ideally starring. They haven't cast anyone who hasn't done that in 50-odd years, and it seems even more crucial to get someone who has been tested now they're so expensive to make.

edited June 2

That's much of the problem with casting the next Bond: EON needs to know the actor has what it takes to be a movie star, but he shouldn't be an establised leading man and movie star. One way to go is to cast someone who has started in smaller movies and had supporting roles in big movies. That was DC's background and maybe Ed Skrein is a current example. The other solution is to cast a big TV star with some movie experience, much like Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan. Aidan Turner is an example of this today.

Brosnan was starring in movies to be fair to him: straight to video rubbish mostly at that point but he had proven himself as a star. Turner is yet to lead any films to any great extent really.

I'd say his main roles in the cinema before GE were "The Fourth Protocol" and "Mrs Doubtfire". I may be wrong, but I think the rest was TV straight to video and perhaps some minor cinema movies. He didn't play the lead in Protocol or Doubtfire, even though he played important parts. In my opinion Brosnan's movie career was probably better than Tuner's is today, but not a proven movie star.

edited June 2

Well Lawnmower Man as well, and although they were straight to video he was being a bona fide leading man in Death Train, Night Watch, Taffin, Live Wire etc. If you wanted to see how he would perform in a movie those were ample proof that he had the star power.

To be honest I think Fourth Protocol is proof enough on its own that he could have starred in Living Daylights and done just fine, possibly better. I'm not even a massive fan of Brosnan as Bond but I think he's an effective movie star and has plenty of charisma, and sometimes that's all you need.

Brosnan was great leading the mini series for NOBLE HOUSE. That was probably the best audition for Bond that he could have had.

Current rankings: