No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Has anyone reached out to Barbour yet (If that is worth a try)?
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    The waxed version of the Graham doesn't really connect to the subtropical setting (especially with there being another waxed jacket in the film) so I'm assuming it's the washed version which isn't particularly easy to buy on this side of the Atlantic, I am finding. Not that I plan on rushing off to purchase a new Barbour based on a couple of indiscriminate photos and smart speculation — especially after I just shelled out for the N.Peal.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    I think £345 for a Naval jumper (not Army btw Npeal) is a discrace as a current serving member in the Royal Navy we get issued these as kit and to buy a new one is around £40. so their mark up is a joke and to say Army is an insult not only to Bond but the Royal Navy itself. Rant over!

It is a bit weird seeing civvies wearing these things. I must have about 20 in the loft as I thought I’d wear them in colder months, but I don’t think I’ve worn them once since leaving. Just doesn’t seem right, even a bit disrespectful to wear them whilst painting or going to the shops etc.

The N Peal design is just a nod to the original issue uniform though, like military inspired great coats etc. And the quality is vastly different. So I have no problem with these, and I really dislike people wearing military issue uniform unless they’ve earned the right.

With you with the Army thing though. Cussed DZ out before when he referred to it as a RAF jumper :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • norbac1norbac1 Posts: 96MI6 Agent
    It's just me , or the N Peal Jumper it's not what we expected ... I mean , it look great but not that great.... I have it in my basket ready to buy it but I am not completely sold for it.... I bought a commando sweater on LL bean 2 month ago and it look similar for 80% less ...

After exchange, duty, taxes and delivery this jumper would cost me close to $800 CAD. Would love to buy it but I'm not paying that much for a jumper.
    JTM wrote:
    Just got the release email from N.Peal. Confirmed sweater is £345.

NTTD inner tag is pretty cool.

detail-03-ondeck-0274-2.jpg
  • juhuataijuhuatai Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    I still have not received the email from Npeal. Wonder when I will get it.
    Link: https://www.npeal.com/us/007-ribbed-army-sweater-navy-blue
    juhuatai wrote:
  • juhuataijuhuatai Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Oh excellent thank you.
  • Noi wrote:
    Okay, this may be my imagination and pixels can be trappy, here some arguments for the Barbour Graham:

19-E3-C68-B-66-D0-4-EA5-A38-D-BB345-FF5-D094a.jpg1.jpg
    The throat strap looks like it has the same v-type of shape

6.jpg2.jpg
    this should be the pocket, same shape and place

Washed.jpg3.jpg
    in my eyes it shows clearly the raglan sleeves, (Barbour describes the fit oft he Jacket as „Oversized“) thats the reason why there are some wrinkles under this seam, with sleeve-in arms this wouldn’t happen

Waxed.jpg
    if it is the Graham for real I’m not quite sure if its the Waxed or Washed one, the Washed Jacket has no buttons on the collar but the Waxed has two: one left and one on the right side more to the back/shoulder as you can see, hard to tell if its the same button on Craig or another lightreflection

but you are right with the seam along the buttons but if its not the Graham than it must be a Jacket which is very, very close to that one

If the Graham is in fact the screen accurate jacket we see in that pic...I was wrong, it's worse than boring...
    it's a freaking tent! What would you even call that fit? "Anti-tailored?"
  • JournoJourno Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I was just looking at it thinking exactly that. It is just like all my other military/commando style jumpers, but those laces would end up annoying me after an hour!
    norbac1 wrote:
    It's just me , or the N Peal Jumper it's not what we expected ... I mean , it look great but not that great.... I have it in my basket ready to buy it but I am not completely sold for it.... I bought a commando sweater on LL bean 2 month ago and it look similar for 80% less ...

After exchange, duty, taxes and delivery this jumper would cost me close to $800 CAD. Would love to buy it but I'm not paying that much for a jumper.
    JTM wrote:
    Just got the release email from N.Peal. Confirmed sweater is £345.

NTTD inner tag is pretty cool.

detail-03-ondeck-0274-2.jpg
    Asp9mm wrote:

It is a bit weird seeing civvies wearing these things. I must have about 20 in the loft as I thought I’d wear them in colder months, but I don’t think I’ve worn them once since leaving. Just doesn’t seem right, even a bit disrespectful to wear them whilst painting or going to the shops etc.

Oh boy can I relate, this is what a big clothing group did to the official german military uniform back in 2017. Didn‘t even take off the official emblems, nothing:
    ; they just painted and glued things to them.

As I work in the proper one, it is just a disgrace.

D60-AFC98-A131-4-F33-B456-AC336-EC92-AB7.jpg

• Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    norbac1 wrote:
    Link: https://www.npeal.com/us/007-ribbed-army-sweater-navy-blue
    juhuatai wrote:

Excellent, thank you very much -{
  • Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I kept thinking the tassels were a zipper for some reason.

Also as someone who was in the Marines for 12 years, I wish our "wooly pully" sweaters were as nice as this one :))
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • LqLq Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    David this new sweater is not screen accurate Craig sweater has six ribs from the centre of the sweater to the start of the shoulder patch yours has four ribs form the shoulder patch to the centre which makes the shoulder patches longer across your chest .
    For £350 Npeal need to make this screen accurate for that kind of money
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Okay, this may be my imagination and pixels can be trappy, here some arguments for the Barbour Graham:

19-E3-C68-B-66-D0-4-EA5-A38-D-BB345-FF5-D094a.jpg1.jpg
    The throat strap looks like it has the same v-type of shape

6.jpg2.jpg
    this should be the pocket, same shape and place

Washed.jpg3.jpg
    in my eyes it shows clearly the raglan sleeves, (Barbour describes the fit oft he Jacket as „Oversized“) thats the reason why there are some wrinkles under this seam, with sleeve-in arms this wouldn’t happen

Waxed.jpg
    if it is the Graham for real I’m not quite sure if its the Waxed or Washed one, the Washed Jacket has no buttons on the collar but the Waxed has two: one left and one on the right side more to the back/shoulder as you can see, hard to tell if its the same button on Craig or another lightreflection

but you are right with the seam along the buttons but if its not the Graham than it must be a Jacket which is very, very close to that one

If the Graham is in fact the screen accurate jacket we see in that pic...I was wrong, it's worse than boring...
    it's a freaking tent! What would you even call that fit? "Anti-tailored?"

I’d call it ‘cheap and anonymous’...which is ideal for an unemployed, ex-secret agent who wants to lay low and be inconspicuous!

I mean, if the world is about to go up in flames, I wouldn’t want Bond to be worrying about what he was going to wear for the explosion! :))

Maybe the wardrobe was already fixed when Danny Boyle was in charge?? A lot more ‘cheap, northern and functional’ - and there was no budget to change it when he left?

Either way, even as one who LOVES jackets (and has pretty much all of the Craig Bond ones), I ain’t hankering after this latest one at the moment.
    Yes. Considerably.
    Lq wrote:
    David this new sweater is not screen accurate Craig sweater has six ribs from the centre of the sweater to the start of the shoulder patch yours has four ribs form the shoulder patch to the centre which makes the shoulder patches longer across your chest .

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
    Yes. Considerably.
    Asp9mm wrote:

Oh boy can I relate, this is what a big clothing group did to the official german military uniform back in 2017. Didn‘t even take off the official emblems, nothing:
    ; they just painted and glued things to them.

As I work in the proper one, it is just a disgrace.

D60-AFC98-A131-4-F33-B456-AC336-EC92-AB7.jpg

That is utterly appalling :(
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    Lq wrote:

Good eye!

I thought something looked off about the review sweaters, and not as appealing as the screen-worn ones, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

This hits the nail on the head.

Without being too exact and splitting hairs (or counting ribs, as the case may be), look at how the corduroy(?) patches are placed in relation to the collar seams. For it to look proportional, the patches have to end at, or extend just a little over the start of the collar seams. These patches, however, extend significantly past the collar seam, making it almost look like one is wearing the sweater backwards.

I wonder if this issue is due to a rush to meet demand, or maybe if the patches just haven't been scaled properly for the "smaller" sizes? Either way, it really detracts from the sweater from just an aesthetic point of view, screen accuracy be damned.

With that said, these are shipping fast, so we'll know whether this problem is the exception or the norm. I have my order in and will be returning it if I have the patches not scaled right. It's a hard look to pull off as it is, and harder still to justify if it just isn't designed right...
    edited February 2020
    A few more fit pics not seen in the video. This is the size small on me, many without the Henley.

2547-F856-FD77-4-CE0-A696-7-D9-DBCAE29-CB.jpg

6-F2-EC0-B1-431-C-4-F60-A7-FD-6-F2616563917.jpg

C53-F1073-F2-A2-474-B-A4-C6-E6482-B50-B3-D3.jpg

D692-FEAB-6-B75-4-E90-9-B1-F-78-A94-A844-F76.jpg

E50-F1440-D290-4-DEB-8427-1-CDF972-DA73-C.jpg

EDBD0380-4-F0-C-4-C7-A-B42-F-2-D47-EB922-D4-B.jpg

Hello Mantis

Apologies if you have covered this in the video (at work - can’t watch currently) but those shoulder patches really don’t look right compared to the poster. I know there is a question re: the width/number of ribs, but looking at your pics, they look a significantly different colour to the rest of the sweater. The contrast doesn’t look that great on the full size poster - seems more of a match?

On the poster you can also see the ribbing of the garment coming through, whereas your pictures show the patches looking fairly flat on the surface?

Again, apologies if you have covered this in the videos. But if you haven’t, do you have a view on how much of the above is because it is new? Or how much isn’t accurate to the SA image?
    Yes. Considerably.
    Alex006 wrote:
    Lq wrote:

Good eye!

I thought something looked off about the review sweaters, and not as appealing as the one screen-worn ones, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Without being too exact and splitting hairs (or counting ribs, as the case may be), look at how the corduroy(?) patches are placed in relation to the collar seams. For it to look proportional, the patches have to end at, or extend just a little over the start of the collar seams. These patches, however, extend significantly past the collar seam, making it almost look like one is wearing the sweater backwards.

I wonder if this issue is due to a rush to meet demand, or maybe if the patches just haven't been scaled properly for the "smaller" sizes? Either way, it really detracts from the sweater from just an aesthetic point of view, screen accuracy be damned.

With that said, these are shipping fast, so we'll know whether this problem is the exception or the norm. I have my order in and might return it if it has the same issue.
    Npeal really need to stop shipping these out to customers until its screen accurate like I say for £350 that’s a lot of money for something that isn’t what it says on the tin.
    I hope David get no to Npeal To tell them it’s not screen accurate
    and needs to be rectified
    LlBean sweater patches
    Alex006 wrote:
    couldn't quite put my finger on it.

6-D94801-B-42-E8-4566-8592-FD741-A7414-F2.jpg
    Look at this close-up the one David was wearing earlier looks nothing like this
    D234-C9-F0-3184-4-EC8-9-AE7-FF946525-D376.jpg
    Craigs versus Davids

41-F0-A2-B0-BB1-B-4281-973-E-B06-DFB8550-EB.jpg
    Lq wrote:
    Craigs versus Davids

41-F0-A2-B0-BB1-B-4281-973-E-B06-DFB8550-EB.jpg

The drawstrings are too long also.

Check this out I’ve just lifted this offers Npeals website one picture shows the one I sent to David And the other pictures show what appears to be the screen accurate Craig sweater
    0-ECEB32-C-569-C-4-D5-C-AFCE-748-FEBD96698.jpg

9-EAD8-CC9-D292-4-D59-AECD-407-E3-C60-AEB1.jpg

DC6-A0-BF0-3113-484-B-9-EA5-0-F741-B1734-D0.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    shilton125 wrote:
    I think £345 for a Naval jumper (not Army btw Npeal) is a discrace as a current serving member in the Royal Navy we get issued these as kit and to buy a new one is around £40. so their mark up is a joke and to say Army is an insult not only to Bond but the Royal Navy itself. Rant over!

The N Peal design is just a nod to the original issue uniform though, like military inspired great coats etc. And the quality is vastly different. So I have no problem with these, and I really dislike people wearing military issue uniform unless they’ve earned the right.

Even if the sweater is only a nod, or inspired by, the issued piece, it is still very very close; enough for a lot of people not to see the difference. I live in a city in Australia which I believe has the largest military population in the country. If you wore something like this off duty here on a night out you'd never hear the end of it. Even though I'd love to get one, it's a great looking sweater that has been prominently worn by Bond, I just can't convince myself to spend around $700 for something I'd probably rarely wear and something that looks a lot like the "original" that's sitting in my wardrobe.
    shilton125 wrote:

Yep, DC's "RAF jumper", and N.Peal's "Army sweater"...grrrr

Screen-Shot-2020-02-19-at-7-41-51-am.png

Maybe N.Peal just thought "N.Peal Navy Ribbed Navy Sweater" would be too confusing and just said "hey, just put army instead, it's all pretty much the same,". If they didn't want to use navy, I would have rather just "military sweater" than army.
    Maybe the changes are for practical reasons and longevity during wear. Craig’s was just a costume piece after all, and not made for everyday use. I quite like the extended shoulder patch as it makes it less military and more wearable.
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    I don't buy that argument. If we were talking a roomier fit, maybe reinforced stitching, or a a wider coverage area on the elbows, sure. But I don't see how extended shoulder patches can be for any practical reasons, at least not directly for the consumer.

I'm a fan of shoulder patches, have quite a few garments in that style actually, and all of them have patches that end at, or close to the collar. None of them have longevity issues... That is the style, after all, as in Bond's. Can't imagine this is for anything other than cutting corners.

Big fan of N Peal, so a little surprised at this, but then again, they must be swamped with orders.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Maybe the changes are for practical reasons and longevity during wear. Craig’s was just a costume piece after all, and not made for everyday use. I quite like the extended shoulder patch as it makes it less military and more wearable.

That was my thought as well. While absolute screen accuracy matters to a lot of people on this board, the overwhelming majority of customers won't give a fig about the drawstrings being too long or the shoulder patches being different from Bond's costume. N.Peal is a luxury brand that sells high-end cashmere to people who don't blink at spending hundreds of pounds or dollars on knitwear they will rarely wear. (And I doubt any of this has to do with cutting corners — every piece I've ever purchased from N.Peal has been of the highest quality because that is their brand.) Hard as it is to admit, we active members on AJB are not always the target consumers for these Bond inspired products. They're aren't enough of us and fewer who can pay top dollar for every last item. We've heard as much from Orlebar Brown in reference to who actually ended up buying their first batch of 007 inspired items.
    Well, that argument holds up if you factor in the way the laces work. Unlike the crew neck that was issued that we used to the lace all the way around, this works differently as it only pulls tight at the front. Purely speculation, but apart from the extended patches possibly holding the neck shape better over time' and stop it from stretching out and sagging. That’s the only two reasons, from a practical advantage, I can see in the new design.

Either that or I’m right in my FE speculation that EON stipulate changes are made from the screen used version. But the more I look at it, the more I think the changes are purely to make the garment more wearable day to day and give it longevity in real world use.