No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• bosoxfan wrote:
    junebai89 wrote:
    i signed up a while back but i don't have access to the sweater. What is up?

I didn't get an email either???

Anyone who hasn't ordered may want to hold off. Since this was a pre-release and it hasn't officially been released to the public yet, N. Peal (could) end up revising these issues since it wouldn't be very difficult to change. Otherwise you may end up upset if the second run is more screen accurate than the first run.
  • Also, we should cut N.Peal a little slack, they specialize in cashmere and fine wool. They aren't movie experts.
    They have a lot of products that are licensed but are not screen accurate, like their "Skyfall lodge scarf" which doesn't look a thing like the Tom Ford scarf that was used in the movie.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    You can see in this picture here that the shoulders pads extend towards the chest like in David's pics. David's just seem to extend in more towards the chest then in the poster shot.

I'm wondering if this just comes down to sizing; Craig may be in a large thats been tailored which would be why the shoulder pads are farther apart vs David's.

https://images.wallpapersden.com/image/download/daniel-craig-no-time-to-die_68019_2932x2932.jpg view this to maximize zoom.

daniel-craig-no-time-to-die_68019_2932x2932.jpg
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Gents, I promise they are looking into this....just need to give a bit more time.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Also, we should cut N.Peal a little slack, they specialize in cashmere and fine wool. They aren't movie experts.
    They have a lot of products that are licensed but are not screen accurate, like their "Skyfall lodge scarf" which doesn't look a thing like the Tom Ford scarf that was used in the movie.

Well didn’t they produce the one used in the movie? So they have the design, they created it and know what it should look like. You can’t build hype around a product and then release a revised version. If there are legal reasons around it then they should just make a note on the website explaining this.
  • norbac1norbac1 Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    We know it, David, thanks for keeping us up to date
    Gents, I promise they are looking into this....just need to give a bit more time.
  • Like David said, they're looking into it.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent

Thanks David, I have a size question, I had purchased the Kempton WP in large and it was very tight under the arms, the screen pic appears to be a more comfortable fit through the chest and under the arms, I know it is a high arm hole fit but is NP fairly roomy there?
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    My N. Peal jumper is due to arrive tomorrow, I was looking forwarding to giving it its first run out in the wild at the weekend. In light of what has been said, I think it will now rest in it's box until we get word on potential revisions.
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    My N. Peal jumper is due to arrive tomorrow, I was looking forwarding to giving it its first run out in the wild at the weekend. In light of what has been said, I think it will now rest in it's box until we get word on potential revisions.

So far we’ve ONLY seen David’s reviewed sweater’s’

I’m curious to see what others will report.

And as someone else said maybe the fact David is a size small is causing the patches to extend below the collar. (Not an excuse)

Let’s see what they have to say !
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    SevenD wrote:
    I think you can see the Zipper here. On the other side it is revealed by the flap

8-AED81-D6-7-FF0-409-C-A94-D-2-CC5-E3-D11736.jpg

Could be! but the original zipper has a golden-colour I always thought that it should be better visible then, but I have to admit that the part you marked seems to have a slightley lighter colour, good eye.

Regarding the NTTD-Sweater:
    I thought the same when seeing the review of the NTTD-Sweater, something was 'wrong' or looks different but I couldn't name it and then I was like: "everything looks cooler on Craig and on screen" but yeah you are absoluty right on the shoulder-patches, it ruins the whole composition of the Sweater and the thin and too long drawstrings doesn't make better, the proportions aren't right anymore.
    As some poeple already mentioned before it looks like you are wearing the sweater backwards which creates a pretty foolish look.
    There is no obvious reason why they made that decision, it just costs more material... Hopefully N. Peal makes a 2nd more screen-accurate run

I‘m hoping they will make something for those who already bought bc all the marketing etc. led us to believe we‘re getting the real deal.

I‘m 23 and my bank account already hates James Bond, so if I spend that money it better be worth it.

I'm also 23 and in the same boat. I watched David's video yesterday and while I like the video and especially the intro, the sweater just didn't do it for me. David and I have the same proportions in chest and waist and I didn't really dig the medium or the small. I'm sure the materials and build quality are top notch, but to me it looks so much better on Craig in the poster than on us. I couldn't see myself buying it if it was $200 dollars, much less at $465 or whatever it comes out to on the US site. I'll stick with my Amazon alternative that was recommended.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent

So far we’ve ONLY seen David’s reviewer sweater’s’

I’m curious to see what others will report.

And as someone else said maybe the fact David is a size small is causing the patches to extend below the collar. (Not an excuse)

Let’s see what they have to say !

Agreed. I tried to put the brakes on my order last night via an email to customer service, but FedEx has informed me I'm getting a package tomorrow. I'll certainly report what I find inside. N.Peal might find the box boomeranging so fast it hits some poor bloke in the back of the head.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    it looks so much better on Craig
    A realization many men have had since 2006 :))
    Gang,
    Adam and Rebecca (their designer) have heard many emails from me complete with pictures and comparisons. Adam is going to have N.Peal do a review/explanation but the short of it is that the patches are the same size down the size range - patches on the large is same as medium and is the same as the small, etc. So with more material the sweater will look more like it did on Craig....who by the way wore a large. That's why the patches cover more ribs when I wore the small. I looked at my medium and sure enough this is the case....I hope that makes sense, I am doing this in between running to meetings today. But as I mentioned Adam and team will be doing their own explanation.

We will do a full review so it’s all crystal clear
    Gang,
    Adam and Rebecca (their designer) have heard many emails from me complete with pictures and comparisons. Adam is going to have N.Peal do a review/explanation but the short of it is that the patches are the same size down the size range - patches on the large is same as medium and is the same as the small, etc. So with more material the sweater will look more like it did on Craig....who by the way wore a large. That's why the patches cover more ribs when I wore the small. I looked at my medium and sure enough this is the case....I hope that makes sense, I am doing this in between running to meetings today. But as I mentioned Adam and team will be doing their own explanation.

We will do a full review so it’s all crystal clear
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Thanks for checking and the explanation, David! -{

I got an L coming (as I'm sure others do as well) so we will be able to post some pics and compare.
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    cheers too david , mines arriving tomorrow
    Bit regretting going for a small now though but I'll post pics and see how it goes
    007 reporting for duty
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    Let´s see then when you guys start to receive your Ls. But just by looking at the M it doesn´t look too much different to the S and the patches still go a good 3 to 4 cm across the collar line. Therefore unless the L is waaaay bigger than the M I see no way the patches can possibly end up where they do on DC´s jumper.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Also got an M and L coming on Friday. Will compare, but still strange-sounding as of now... ?:)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Thank you, David.

I couldn't understand why the pictures of the sweater on N.Peal's own website showed different shoulder patch configurations, but this explains it.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    thank you! it explains this for sure but for that price a bit disappointing, I mean for a high class brand like N. Peal, wouldn t complain if its Zara, Topman or even TB
    next question: which size is the corrext SA one? afraid of buying a XXL and have shoulder-patches only at the peak of the shoulder-seam
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    So is the solution to buy a XXL and shrink it? :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited February 2020
    Noi wrote:
    thank you! it explains this for sure but for that price a bit disappointing, I mean for a high class brand like N. Peal, wouldn t complain if its Zara, Topman or even TB
    next question: which size is the corrext SA one? afraid of buying a XXL and have shoulder-patches only at the peak of the shoulder-seam

Dan says in his post above that Craig wore the large so I guess that's it.

This also explains the drawstring length, of course.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    You shouldn't have to do that on a +$400US jumper.
    So shorten the drawstrings, add draw string ends ($3) and have the shoulder patches (which are stitched on) tailored.
    If it's that big of a deal, any half-way-descent tailor could do that in 10 minutes.

If I recall, the Tom Ford Solden jacket is different in rib-count and zipper length from the screen used one. The Matchless Craig Blouson is different too. Unfortunately, the people in charge of production of these items don't a.) care and b.) know about the details like the people on here. When a pre-existing item is used in a movie, it's a lot easier to release to the public than a custom-piece that some developer has to eye-ball and translate to get it mass-produced.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Gang,
    Adam and Rebecca (their designer) have heard many emails from me complete with pictures and comparisons. Adam is going to have N.Peal do a review/explanation but the short of it is that the patches are the same size down the size range - patches on the large is same as medium and is the same as the small, etc. So with more material the sweater will look more like it did on Craig....who by the way wore a large. That's why the patches cover more ribs when I wore the small. I looked at my medium and sure enough this is the case....I hope that makes sense, I am doing this in between running to meetings today.

Thanks for that, DZ.

N. Peal has spoken; everyone can put down the torches and pitchforks now. :))
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Cajun wrote:
    N. Peal has spoken; everyone can put down the torches and pitchforks now.

-{ -{ -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:
    Gang,
    Adam and Rebecca (their designer) have heard many emails from me complete with pictures and comparisons. Adam is going to have N.Peal do a review/explanation but the short of it is that the patches are the same size down the size range - patches on the large is same as medium and is the same as the small, etc. So with more material the sweater will look more like it did on Craig....who by the way wore a large. That's why the patches cover more ribs when I wore the small. I looked at my medium and sure enough this is the case....I hope that makes sense, I am doing this in between running to meetings today.

Thanks for that, DZ.

N. Peal has spoken; everyone can put down the torches and pitchforks now. :))

No agenda here - just want a SA jumper.

I guess the proof in the pudding will be when someones Large arrives
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    So if I’m a small is the consensus that I should just place my order or wait till ???

Also given a 36 chest (XS size in the blue wave and S size in the lapis blue/charcoal turtle neck), would small or extra small be more appropriate here, in your guys' opinion?
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Y’all hafta admit, this community would make an excellent episode of South Park. There’d have to be a SA lynch mob parody... :p

Anyone have a direct line to Trey Parker or Matt Stone? :D
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Firstly, a big thanks to David for his tireless commitment to not only reviewing this stuff for us but also for staying on top of challenges when they come forward.

Second, good work to all who noticed the discrepancies.

The explanation we've been given makes sense. To those who have been given "access" to the NPeal page showing the sweater, you can actually see the difference in the various pictures on the model: There are 11 ribs showing between the inside edge of the patches in the head on shot of the model but only 8 ribs between the inside edges of the patches in the close-up shot of the front/neck line photo. And there appear to be 16 ribs between the inside edges of the patches in the photo showing the full front of the jumper. Suffice it to say, the more ribs showing, the larger the size.

Finally, a curious question may come forth regarding the width of the neck opening.. I wonder if the neck opening is the same for all the sizes...