No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    I'm usually not one to complain about customer service...

but I must say, Connolly England has been one of the worst customer service experiences that I have had.
    I e-mailed 3 different addresses provided by the company concerning the misleading pictures on their website
    of the buttons that come on the bomber. I was very polite and simply asked if they would, in the future, be able
    to provide the lighter buttons as pictured on their site.

I have had zero response from them. They clearly don't care. Unfortunate, as I would have liked to purchase from them
    in the future.

I have had the same experience from Connolly with zero response from any emails regarding an exchange. I have given up to be honest and changed the buttons myself for something I thought suited better. Checking the sizing guide, their sizes only go up by 1 cm in the key areas so changing from a XXL to XXXL will not make a big difference for me.

I personally think Connolly either don't have the capability to deal with so many enquires, complaints, etc and are only a small time boutique in Mayfair who struck gold with the Bond placement but have failed to capitalise on it. Or COVID massively reduced their ability to deal with customers in the correct manner. Either way I won't be making any future purchases from them!

My experience with Connolly has been good. I dealt with Scarlett. I wanted to know what the measurements for the 3XL giubbino were and received this answer:

BODY LENGTH: 69cm
    SLEEVE LENGTH: 66cm
    CHEST: 69cm
    SHOULDERS: 48.5cm

I would have posted this earlier but I actually purchased the last 3XL available so didn't think it would be much help in the final analysis.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    I'm usually not one to complain about customer service...

but I must say, Connolly England has been one of the worst customer service experiences that I have had.
    I e-mailed 3 different addresses provided by the company concerning the misleading pictures on their website
    of the buttons that come on the bomber. I was very polite and simply asked if they would, in the future, be able
    to provide the lighter buttons as pictured on their site.

I have had zero response from them. They clearly don't care. Unfortunate, as I would have liked to purchase from them
    in the future.

I have had the same experience from Connolly with zero response from any emails regarding an exchange. I have given up to be honest and changed the buttons myself for something I thought suited better. Checking the sizing guide, their sizes only go up by 1 cm in the key areas so changing from a XXL to XXXL will not make a big difference for me.

I personally think Connolly either don't have the capability to deal with so many enquires, complaints, etc and are only a small time boutique in Mayfair who struck gold with the Bond placement but have failed to capitalise on it. Or COVID massively reduced their ability to deal with customers in the correct manner. Either way I won't be making any future purchases from them!

My experience with Connolly has been good. I dealt with Scarlett. I wanted to know what the measurements for the 3XL giubbino were and received this answer:

BODY LENGTH: 69cm
    SLEEVE LENGTH: 66cm
    CHEST: 69cm
    SHOULDERS: 48.5cm

I would have posted this earlier but I actually purchased the last 3XL available so didn't think it would be much help in the final analysis.

Yes, like I said only 1 cm difference on the body length so won't make much difference. However, your response only irritates me further as XXXL were available when I first started emailing them and their lack of responding has led to my desired size selling out. As stated, I won't be having any future dealings with Connolly. They haven't even sent my garment bag which I paid for originally.
  • Providing measurements...to me, is still not "good" customer service. I see it as taking care of future orders and customers, but still not caring about previous and past ones. I worked for a company like that. As long as they had taken your money already, they brushed you off to the side, they only acted nice and accommodating to potential and new money. I won't lose sleep over it, but at least companies like Massimo Alba admit when they change things and they update their pictures on the website to reflect what you'll be getting if you order.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I was torn between (finally) buying a Skyfall Dept. B and the Connolly this month. But this sealed it for me.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    For anyone interested the Barbour UK website has the Graham in “Olive” reduced to £160

The "olive" is actually quite nice in person. More of a dark greenish brown. Perfect autumn color for the jacket.

Barbour-Graham-Olive-2.jpg

This is a small, which fits me pretty much like a normal jacket size large.

Nice one. I’ve ordered one to compare to the blue. I’m not handcuffed to SA colours so will see how it looks.

I’ve also read up on the collaboration. It looks like this is the fourth season.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know the size of the Tom Ford suits that they gave Craig to wear in No time to Die?
    His suits look a lot more fitted in Spectre, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Kind of irrelevant

Complete mtm, will have started with a base size and then adjusted. Probably more bespoke for DC.

Having been lucky enough to go thru the TF MTM process myself many times, my 42r Base then has around 20 "tweeks" of upto one size up n down in places
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Does anyone know the size of the Tom Ford suits that they gave Craig to wear in No time to Die?

Kind of irrelevant

Complete mtm, will have started with a base size and then adjusted. Probably more bespoke for DC.

Having been lucky enough to go thru the TF MTM process myself many times, my 42r Base then has around 20 "tweeks" of upto one size up n down in places

Actually not irrelevant at all since I'm 5'10 with the exact same build minus the bit of a gut he seems to have. So if I know what size he goes for, I'll know what size I should aim for. Obviously MTM would be better but I don't have access to a tf store to gauge even where to start. I've never spent that much money on a suit before, so any clues would be appreciated. I'm not after a specific size because Craig wears that size, but because I'm basically his size. If he were 6'2 and 200 lbs, I wouldn't even ask.

Not trying to sound sassy, just frustrated that there are no tf stores near me.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Kind of irrelevant

Actually not irrelevant at all since I'm 5'10 with the exact same build minus the bit of a gut he seems to have. So if I know what size he goes for, I'll know what size I should aim for. Obviously MTM would be better but I don't have access to a tf store to gauge even where to start. I've never spent that much money on a suit before, so any clues would be appreciated. I'm not after a specific size because Craig wears that size, but because I'm basically his size. If he were 6'2 and 200 lbs, I wouldn't even ask.

Mr Porter (not that im encouraging using free return service lol)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Kind of irrelevant

No I got that, but DC's suits will be essentially custom made due to his broader (than most of us) shoulders. Likely his base suit is a 40-42, then worked on substantially.

My TF suits are a 42, and I take 41 in their shirts. In most cases go with your normal size. Trousers have a 6 inch drop but obv also have the waist tabs to pull the waist in a little.

As Paul says, try a few to get a feel for which model suits you.

My personal fit fave is still the Regency (qos) but obv SF onwards have been the Oconnor (more modern fit)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    The suit size comments didn't seem sassy, the "gut" comment might have crossed the line :))

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Kind of irrelevant

And a few years ago I nearly bought an unused Bond TF suit from QoS tailored for DC. It was all white. The size was 40R in Basic Base B. But that was 12 years ago, a different cut, and he was leaner back then. So I think the 40/42 starting point is correct. I wish I got it, in retrospect. DC and I have nearly identical measurements.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    That was a great opportunity. I am sorry that it slipped through your fingers, but hey, at least you and DC are similar builds. Perhaps you can stumble across something else of his soon.
    frommeyer wrote:
    And a few years ago I nearly bought an unused Bond TF suit from QoS tailored for DC. It was all white. The size was 40R in Basic Base B. But that was 12 years ago, a different cut, and he was leaner back then. So I think the 40/42 starting point is correct. I wish I got it, in retrospect. DC and I have nearly identical measurements.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    The seller was on Ebay and we went back and forth on the price but he remained $1000 higher than I had to spend on nonsense at the time. Couldn't be helped. It was the price of a used car so it's probably for the best, honestly. :))
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    In that case... bullet dodged, 007.
    frommeyer wrote:
    The seller was on Ebay and we went back and forth on the price but he remained $1000 higher than I had to spend on nonsense at the time. Couldn't be helped. It was the price of a used car so it's probably for the best, honestly. :))
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

Was it this one?

https://www.bondsuits.com/an-unused-cream-suit-in-quantum-of-solace/

It’s popped up for sale a few times over the years.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Yeah, it's an Ebay staple at this point :))
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    DC had a 38R in some TF suits - i think it could have been Skyfall. There were some pics somewhere off the web of suits at auction and i remember being surprised he was a 38 as I assumed he would be a 40R.

Here is one where he had a 48R
    https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/aston-martin-dbs-chair-and-tom-ford-spectre-suit-auction-juliens
    Huh. I was expecting the above link to be the PTS suit. That Mexico suit was a size and half too small. But the dinner jacket was probably the best fitting jacket he wore in Spectre.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    48R is likely the Italian sizing system, it's worth mentioning.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    48R is likely the Italian sizing system, it's worth mentioning.

Yes, and it translates to a UK/US 38. It’s why the suits look to be a size too small.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    you have to go small and tight when you were a suit under a skeleton costume, everybody knows that :))
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Slight deviation from the going topics lately here, gents... but has anyone tried washing the Winch pants by MA?

Allessandro has suggested to dry clean but the label lists washing as an option and so does the care instruction on the web site.

By the way, as someone who typically wears much slimmer pants I'm finding that the Winch are a breath of (relaxing) fresh air....
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Kind of irrelevant

I don’t care if you ARE Daniel Craig, you won’t be able to achieve the same fit OTR for the reasons others have mentioned. My advice would be to wait until you can try one on in a boutique. Maybe you’ll get lucky and one of their standard bases will fit you with minimal alterations needed.
  • llvhhuillvhhui Posts: 81MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    DC had a 38R in some TF suits - i think it could have been Skyfall. There were some pics somewhere off the web of suits at auction and i remember being surprised he was a 38 as I assumed he would be a 40R.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/aston-martin-dbs-chair-and-tom-ford-spectre-suit-auction-juliens
    Oh wow! I did not see that coming. Thought he'd be 40 or 42 at least.
    I actually find it quite hard to believe, I saw somewhere that his chest measurement is 46 (seems a little big) waist 32, weighs 175 lbs., how/why would try to squeeze that into 38 R suit? I'm a 46 inch chest, 34 inch waist, weight 195 and I couldn't even begin to squeeze into a 42, 44 maybe, but usually have to go heavily altered 46.
    llvhhui wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    I actually find it quite hard to believe, I saw somewhere that his chest measurement is 46 (seems a little big) waist 32, weighs 175 lbs., how/why would try to squeeze that into 38 R suit? I'm a 46 inch chest, 34 inch waist, weight 195 and I couldn't even begin to squeeze into a 42, 44 maybe, but usually have to go heavily altered 46.
    llvhhui wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:

There’s no way Craig could be a 46” chest. We know a lot of the jackets, shirts and sweaters he wears are either small or medium, and the occasional tailored large needed for shoulder width—a 46” chest could barely fit into a large let alone a small.
    But the internet said so :)) , actually I agree, he couldn't be 46 but I really don't think 38 is possible either.
    edited July 2020
    I mean, look at the PTS suit. He couldn't quite take a full stride because the suit was too tight. When he kneels down to listen the trousers are ready to explode open at the outseam.

EDIT: Ridiculous.
    Screen-Shot-2020-07-29-at-11-08-08-PM.png
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I washed mine in the washing machine in a cold hand wash cycle. No problem at all. But needs heavy ironing afterwards.
    TSRGus wrote:
    Slight deviation from the going topics lately here, gents... but has anyone tried washing the Winch pants by MA?

Allessandro has suggested to dry clean but the label lists washing as an option and so does the care instruction on the web site.

By the way, as someone who typically wears much slimmer pants I'm finding that the Winch are a breath of (relaxing) fresh air....
  • frommeyer wrote:
    I mean, look at the PTS suit. He couldn't quite take a full stride because the suit was too tight. When he kneels down to listen the trousers are ready to explode open at the outseam.

EDIT: Ridiculous.
    Screen-Shot-2020-07-29-at-11-08-08-PM.png

Is that a suit??????

Looks like one of those people walking around naked with paint on trying to fool people into thinking they are actually wearing clothes