No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Ferinstal wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

Good find Peakey. I was looking at the Mr Porter UK site, but that’s a great price if you’re in the US. To get it to the UK, you would have to pay import duties etc - and we know how expensive that has become now from our RGT jacket experiences.

Is there a difference between the Nero Slavato and the Nero Lava colours?

Nero Slavato means Black Washed Out. Clearly the sloop suit looks a washed out black colour so I don't think there is a colour difference. The black sloop suit trousers would fade with time in any case.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Prob with Alba is they tend to have random shades so if after SA I would go direct on waiting list to be sure!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited July 2020
    Peakey wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Ferinstal wrote:

Good find Peakey. I was looking at the Mr Porter UK site, but that’s a great price if you’re in the US. To get it to the UK, you would have to pay import duties etc - and we know how expensive that has become now from our RGT jacket experiences.

Nero Slavato means Black Washed Out. Clearly the sloop suit looks a washed out black colour so I don't think there is a colour difference. The black sloop suit trousers would fade with time in any case.

Additionally, MA contacted me today to say that they can provide me with a size 56 as a preorder. I asked if the colour was Nero Slavato, but they came back and called the colour Nero Lavato, which translates to black rinsed. I don't think these trousers are any different to the ones with the sloop suit - https://www.massimoalba.com/en/eshop/uomo/clothing/sloop-p17u0sloop-t0301-u908.html
    Peakey wrote:
    Peakey wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Additionally, MA contacted me today to say that they can provide me with a size 56 as a preorder. I asked if the colour was Nero Slavato, but they came back and called the colour Nero Lavato, which translates to black rinsed. I don't think these trousers are any different to the ones with the sloop suit - https://www.massimoalba.com/en/eshop/uomo/clothing/sloop-p17u0sloop-t0301-u908.html

Taken from an interview with Massimo Alba - In terms of process, how much of your work is theoretical, and how much depends on you and your team being with the fabric?

Oh yeah, I need to touch and to feel and try the fabric. We do a lot to the raw fabric – laundering it, dyeing it, washing it again – to try to reach the depths of those specific feelings that I really need to reach every season. We need to reach a certain point, which gives the material an attitude.

Comment: The process they go through is to age and wash the fabrics. It would be difficult to achieve many different shades of black, so this to me is further evidence that the fabric/colour is the same.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    belt now sold out in M - https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/0400568934968
    Let us know if anyone gets one cheers

You got a PM Sir!
    Yes. Considerably.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    damn Mr. Porter cancled my MAX2 order today

for those who don't like the shortness of the graham I can recommend the Barbour South Jacket haha

12-02-2019-barbour-xengineeredgarments-southjacket-navy-mca0600ny71-blr-1.png
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    The size small Barbour I got to try on for sizing purposes has the dimensions

[list=*]
    [*]Chest pit to pit of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Chest 1 inch below armpits of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Back length from bottom of collar to hem of 25.5 inches[/*]
    [/list]

Nice one, very helpful. Do you have the sleeve length as well?

The raglan sleeves make exact measurements difficult, but I got around 34.75 inches from center neck to end of sleeves.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I’ve found a couple of 10.5 Sperry Rivingston shoes on Mercari. They appear lighter than SA, but some darker polish or conditioning could help make them closer. They are in good shape and very affordability priced, but both are used.

https://merc.li/rbRCrTX5b

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m36450194311/?iv_code=WHGQQR&object_id=m36450194311&object_type=item

If you wanna buy, click this link and register so you can save a little money.

https://merc.li/SWYjJwdxb
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    The size small Barbour I got to try on for sizing purposes has the dimensions

[list=*]
    [*]Chest pit to pit of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Chest 1 inch below armpits of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Back length from bottom of collar to hem of 25.5 inches[/*]
    [/list]

Nice one, very helpful. Do you have the sleeve length as well?

The raglan sleeves make exact measurements difficult, but I got around 34.75 inches from center neck to end of sleeves.

Thanks -{
    Yes. Considerably!
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread. But for those curious about how the small Barbour fits, here are some pics I took.

I'm 5'10" and a size 32 waist. There's a lot of room in the belly but I like it a lot. One of the most comfortable fitting jackets I have. I love the look of the Skyfall jacket and the Rogue Territory jacket but they're not very comfortable. This is something I'll probably wear a lot.

hSjwfQK.jpg

vWonkQK.jpg

cXt8Z0Q.jpg

5jKgDzf.jpg

e2aBciU.jpg

7HzZSDM.jpg

Forgive the decor. It sure as hell isn't mine.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    What's wrong with the decor? That coffee table is rad.
    It's old person-y. My style is a lot more modern. Though I asked the host about the coffee table too because I agree! It was a hatch/door from a WW1 ship. Super cool for sure.
    That looks great! If I had a need for it where I live I might hop on buying one of these.
    frommeyer wrote:
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread. But for those curious about how the small Barbour fits, here are some pics I took.

I'm 5'10" and a size 32 waist. There's a lot of room in the belly but I like it a lot. One of the most comfortable fitting jackets I have. I love the look of the Skyfall jacket and the Rogue Territory jacket but they're not very comfortable. This is something I'll probably wear a lot.

hSjwfQK.jpg

vWonkQK.jpg

cXt8Z0Q.jpg

5jKgDzf.jpg

e2aBciU.jpg

7HzZSDM.jpg

Forgive the decor. It sure as hell isn't mine.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the photos Frommeyer I ordered a small earlier today. I’m most worried about the sleeve length. Is it possible to cuff the sleeves without it looking silly?

I too like that coffee table :)
    Yes. Considerably!
  • My Aunt and Uncle had a coffee table exactly like that growing up as a kid...brings back a lot of memories!
    Very cool. Nice jacket too lol
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    The coffee table and fireplace totally has a Spectre apartment vibe happening! :) -{
    Back on the Graham jacket.....unless I'm mistaken there is a popper on the left collar of the unlined jacket but it's not there on the lined version. I can't see that popper in any of the NTTD photos so far.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,154MI6 Agent
    Congrats on the jacket. I thought the Small would still be huge but looks fine on you.

Agree with you on the RGT. I love mine but the feel does take a bit of getting used to.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    It's not Bond's cleanest look by any stretch of the imagination. But the NTTD outfit I really want is Bond's swimsuit and ratty tee. That's something I'd probably wear three or four days a week in the summer. No one has any idea what brand they are, right? One way of learning might be by reaching out to Craig's stunt double (David Grant, I believe). He's on Linkedin and I sent him an invite. But I'm not optimistic about this path. If anyone knows any other avenue to reach him (other than FB, which I refuse to use) lemme know.

oA9izG6.jpg

6j38pby.jpg

YNsVXKC.jpg
    Yesterday I was at H&M buying some stuff for one of my children. I saw these budget alternative to the Madagascar pant for $13. I sized down to a large on them. First thing I’ve ever bought for myself from H&M.
    E230746-C-5669-4298-8-EC8-61-DC894-C1-FBB.jpg

• drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    His stunt double is Jean-Charles Rosseau and he's on Instagram. @jeancharlesrousseau
    Perfect. A lead. I shall follow it. I'll report back.
    So, to complete the Jamaica look, I ordered the Legend 06s. They arrived today. Am I missing something? I'm shocked by how cheap they feel. They've been praised on the forum but they look and wear like a pair dollar store sunglasses. I'm disappointed.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    So, to complete the Jamaica look, I ordered the Legend 06s. They arrived today. Am I missing something? I'm shocked by how cheap they feel. They've been praised on the forum but they look and wear like a pair dollar store sunglasses. I'm disappointed.

The frames aren't anything special, but IMO Vuarnet makes the best polarized lenses of any of the sunglasses manufacturers Bond has worn. Compare your Legends with something from a fashion brand like TF or even Barton Perreira. Wear a pair of BP Joes on a day on a sailboat and your eyes will feel scorched.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Perfect. A lead. I shall follow it. I'll report back.
    I'm sure he was already asked over a year ago based off of who follows him.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    Cheverian wrote:
    The frames aren't anything special, but IMO Vuarnet makes the best polarized lenses of any of the sunglasses manufacturers Bond has worn. Compare your Legends with something from a fashion brand like TF or even Barton Perreira. Wear a pair of BP Joes on a day on a sailboat and your eyes will feel scorched.

ye that's exactly what I thought when I try on the legends for the first time, I immediately noticed the quality of the glasses, beside of that my stockist who sells only high quality glasses told me exactly the same thing; vuarnet has the best (polarized) lenses

because we are talking about sunglasses I wanted to give a reminder for those who are unhappy with the 007-branded PB Joes.
    PB will release a run of the standard-version Joes in August. (I heard that this is a limited run, but who knows)
    for euopean members I can recommend Chakshus who still have some in stock for pre-order (It should be possible to order the standard-joes from PB directly, but you save some shipping coasts then, beside of that £300 seems to be a good deal)
    https://www.chakshu.co.uk/products/barton-perreira-joe-sunglasses-1
    they gave me a voucher because I bought the Joes und Nortens from them: REFER5
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

That's why I bought several original and oldies Vuarnet 006 for 20 to 30 euros each and they really do the job :)
    Heads-up! There are two size 40/50 dusters on Massimo's website right now. I don't suspect they'll be around long:

https://www.massimoalba.com/usa/rain2-t0301-u663.html
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    7-E5170-D5-E2-AA-4-F56-8-FCC-BB8473242455.jpg

Sales must be slowing down a bit on their Bond range. 10% off isn’t too bad though, especially seeing as N.Peal’s Bond stuff doesn’t usually go on sale.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    7-E5170-D5-E2-AA-4-F56-8-FCC-BB8473242455.jpg

Sales must be slowing down a bit on their Bond range. 10% off isn’t too bad though, especially seeing as N.Peal’s Bond stuff doesn’t usually go on sale.

I'm assuming that all the people on the list for the NTTD sweater received this email. Maybe it's time for me to pick up a few items :D
    I know where you keep your gun!