No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    So I was a medium in the BR peacoat, Barbour Skyfall, Levis Menlo, and the (forget the brand) close enough Connolly ... Just snagged the small Barbour Graham from the place in Belfast.. (arrived within 4 days too !) Fit is great - still loose in terms of sleeve length which just a hair long.. but that was tried on over just a t-shirt.. they are definitely BAGGY.. if Medium has served you well in the others, the small has plenty of room in this one.
  • frommeyer wrote:
    Bosoxfan, A solid medium in most things. I'm curious to see how it translates with this jacket. Based on what I've read from everyone, it should be a good fit. But even if it's still big by traditional standards I don't hate a slightly looser fit. And I kinda like intended style of this jacket. On top of it, I have fairly broad shoulders so raglan sleeves are a godsend.

MrE - how'd yours fit?

It's a relaxed fitting jacket which honestly, I think is like a breath of fresh air, literally. Remember how tight fitting everything was in Spectre and Skyfall? The body doesn't bother me...but I'm going to be honest, the Graham has some massive arms, and I mean massive. If Daniel Craig wears a Medium, he certainly had the arms tailored, these are Dwayne the rock Johnson arms. No joke.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Has a poacher's pocket too, right? Sounds like it'll be great for sneaking snacks into the theater. Whenever it's safe to go back into theaters, that is.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Exactly frommeyer... My Barbour Skyfall jacket was my go to for theatre trips for that exact purpose ! :)) :)) :))

The Graham may be my new snack smuggler wear...
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    I contacted MA and asked if there are any new information regarding the pants Craigs wears with the the Duster outfit:

"The trouser you're talking about is called "Mauko" and it sure is in Baby Corduroy.
    As of right now we don't have a set date as to when we're expecting them to be back in stock. They will likely arrive some time in December.
    Given the various requests and inquiries we've received concerning the "Mauko" trouser in Baby Corduroy, we are currently putting together a Waiting List for pre-orders. Let us know if you'd like to sign up for it. If so, we would need your name, last name, size as well as your address.
    Sizes go from 46 to 56. The price of the piece adds up to: 292,00 €."

I have done a research but couldn't find any MA Mauko pants from the past seasons so I asked them for it:

"As far as your question goes, the trouser isn't exactly a new item, we just never sold it as a single piece before as it came with the Sloop Suit. It's essentially identical to the WINCH2, especially when it comes to its fit, despite it having a slightly diverse tailored construction. The reason as to why we are selling it individually this season is because the "James Bond: No Time to Die" production requested it as a single item for it to be worn in the movie in "Nero Slavato" color."

If you are interested:
    I contacted eboutique@massimoalba.com and have spoken to Giacomo, he puts me on the pre-ordering list
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Wow great work Noi. Very grateful for your efforts. That’s 5 pieces from Massimo Alba all up? Craig must have worked something with them lol
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Good work

Is nuts how they don't know anything and then all of a sudden do a u-turn.

Its like they are trying to curb the frenzy and stagger info by their production schedule.

Anyhow suppose should be grateful they reproduce it (hopefully 100% SA)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    BlueBlud wrote:
    Peakey wrote:
    MrE wrote:

Has anyone purchased a Connolly linen lately?? Wondering if they ever fixed the button issue, or if we can simply expect them to be dark horn from here on out.

My understanding was they were sending extra buttons and a garment bag. Not different buttons though, I think we are stuck with the dark horn buttons. I tried to communicate with them via email regarding exchanging my XXL to a XXXL but nothing back since last Thursday...

I received my garment bag, hanger (which is a basic black plastic hanger without any logo or branding) and my spare buttons a couple of weeks ago.

I still have not received my garment bag, hanger and or buttons :#
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Hip store in the UK have got Astorflex Dukeflex moc toe boots for £90
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:

Not anymore. They must have had low stock!
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    genericguy wrote:

?
    Just checked and I’m still seeing sizes 7-11?
    https://www.thehipstore.co.uk/product/astorflex-suede-dukeflex/214033/
    genericguy wrote:
    Peakey wrote:
    genericguy wrote:

?

Thanks. Couldn't find them before but found there other ranges.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    genericguy wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

?

I get access denied for my server. Is it geo locked outside uk?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    genericguy wrote:
    ?

I just tried it and the site is working. I'm assuming these are UK sizes?
    I know where you keep your gun!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

I can get the mobile site when using data, but not through my home wifi. Very odd.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

Aren't these the wrong colour though?
    sunny01 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Aren't these the wrong colour though?

Good spot. These are olive colour, the drakes are dark brown.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I'm toying with the idea of getting the barbour Graham Washed Jacket. I'm a 38" chest and have a couple of RGT Supply Jackets in Medium. Am I going to be swimming in the Barbour size Small?
    Yes. Considerably!
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    I'm toying with the idea of getting the barbour Graham Washed Jacket. I'm a 38" chest and have a couple of RGT Supply Jackets in Medium. Am I going to be swimming in the Barbour size Small?
    I’m a 41 inch chest and it fits me just right so may be a bit large for you.
    tardis1711 wrote:
    ichaice wrote:
    I’m a 41 inch chest and it fits me just right so may be a bit large for you.

Thanks. Can the sleeves be cuffed easily enough?
    Yes. Considerably!
    Noi wrote:
    I contacted MA and asked if there are any new information regarding the pants Craigs wears with the the Duster outfit:

"The trouser you're talking about is called "Mauko" and it sure is in Baby Corduroy.
    As of right now we don't have a set date as to when we're expecting them to be back in stock. They will likely arrive some time in December.
    Given the various requests and inquiries we've received concerning the "Mauko" trouser in Baby Corduroy, we are currently putting together a Waiting List for pre-orders. Let us know if you'd like to sign up for it. If so, we would need your name, last name, size as well as your address.

I have done a research but couldn't find any MA Mauko pants from the past seasons so I asked them for it:

"As far as your question goes, the trouser isn't exactly a new item, we just never sold it as a single piece before as it came with the Sloop Suit. It's essentially identical to the WINCH2, especially when it comes to its fit, despite it having a slightly diverse tailored construction. The reason as to why we are selling it individually this season is because the "James Bond: No Time to Die" production requested it as a single item for it to be worn in the movie in "Nero Slavato" color."

If you are interested:
    I contacted eboutique@massimoalba.com and have spoken to Giacomo, he puts me on the pre-ordering list

Tried to get on the preorder for these but apparently all sold out in my sizes 56 or 58. They have a 54 if anyone is interested...
    I will agree on the Barbour sizing. I am also a 41 chest and at 6'5" 200lbs the small fits me very well.

There are a lot of details on the sleeves that aren't noticeable in the pictures, plus features inside the cuff to protect against the weather. A very skilled tailor may be able to do something while keeping all the details. Otherwise the cuffs can be shortened.
  • A lot of the people that are on the large and tall side that say they went with a size small in the Barbour,
    could you post some pictures of you wearing it? My main concern is the length of the size small.
    Thanks!
    The size small Barbour I got to try on for sizing purposes has the dimensions

[list=*]
    [*]Chest pit to pit of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Chest 1 inch below armpits of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Back length from bottom of collar to hem of 25.5 inches[/*]
    [/list]
    The size small Barbour I got to try on for sizing purposes has the dimensions

[list=*]
    [*]Chest pit to pit of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Chest 1 inch below armpits of 22 5/8 inches[/*]
    [*]Back length from bottom of collar to hem of 25.5 inches[/*]
    [/list]

Nice one, very helpful. Do you have the sleeve length as well?
    Yes. Considerably!
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

If you are interested:

Wow! Thanks for the great work on this Noi.

I have the Matera Sloop already and it’s fantastic. Given that the black cords were originally part of the Sloop Suit, I just did a little google search and found MA and Mr Porter sold out but, incredibly, I’ve just picked up the full suit from

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdicks-edinburgh.co.uk%2Fproducts%2Fmassimo-alba-sloop-jacket-and-trousers-in-nero-lava&psig=AOvVaw1TVMx1ukNby8ve2r2lJQPm&ust=1595241283359000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAMQjB1qFwoTCJiu94GP2eoCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAF

for just £393!

Sorry guys - I got the last one in a size 52. I took a 50 in the Matera Sloop, so I guess I’m going to have to get this one tailored...though given ‘lockdown’, it may be a good fit for me anyway! :D

£393 for the full suit (and I’m guessing the SA trousers) seemed like a much better deal than nearly €300 for the trousers on their own.

To be fair, I doubt I will wear them with the raincoat. That feels like toooooo much cord to me. A cord suit is fine but 2 x mis-matched cord pieces?? Hmmmmmm...
    Yes. Considerably.
    Ferinstal wrote:
    Noi wrote:

If you are interested:

Wow! Thanks for the great work on this Noi.

I have the Matera Sloop already and it’s fantastic. Given that the black cords were originally part of the Sloop Suit, I just did a little google search and found MA and Mr Porter sold out but, incredibly, I’ve just picked up the full suit from

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdicks-edinburgh.co.uk%2Fproducts%2Fmassimo-alba-sloop-jacket-and-trousers-in-nero-lava&psig=AOvVaw1TVMx1ukNby8ve2r2lJQPm&ust=1595241283359000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAMQjB1qFwoTCJiu94GP2eoCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAF

for just £393!

Sorry guys - I got the last one in a size 52. I took a 50 in the Matera Sloop, so I guess I’m going to have to get this one tailored...though given ‘lockdown’, it may be a good fit for me anyway! :D

£393 for the full suit (and I’m guessing the SA trousers) seemed like a much better deal than nearly €300 for the trousers on their own.

To be fair, I doubt I will wear them with the raincoat. That feels like toooooo much cord to me. A cord suit is fine but 2 x mis-matched cord pieces?? Hmmmmmm...

Still one left here in size 52 for 530 euros -https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/product/massimo-alba/clothing/suits/black-cotton-corduroy-suit/11813139150819773
    Back to the Barbour Graham. Looking at the other options in the collaboration with Engineered Garments I think I prefer this jacket, the Upland over the Graham.

https://www.barbour.com/uk/barbour-x-engineered-garments-washed-upland-casual-jacket-mca0656ny56
    Yes. Considerably!
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:

Good find Peakey. I was looking at the Mr Porter UK site, but that’s a great price if you’re in the US. To get it to the UK, you would have to pay import duties etc - and we know how expensive that has become now from our RGT jacket experiences.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

Good find Peakey. I was looking at the Mr Porter UK site, but that’s a great price if you’re in the US. To get it to the UK, you would have to pay import duties etc - and we know how expensive that has become now from our RGT jacket experiences.

Is there a difference between the Nero Slavato and the Nero Lava colours?