No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    I like it. To me, this is how this jacket is meant to fit. I wouldn't size down. If anything, its slightly big around the waist.

Personally I like the change from the skin tight jackets Craig mostly wears. You can always have alterations done if desired.
    ichaice wrote:
    Sorry to bump this folks but any more comments on the how it looks on me? I’m still on the fence about it 8-)
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    The Graham - unwashed or otherwise - is not at all confirmed to be the one in the film, right?

Not that I've heard. Some people here make pronouncements about these things like they have Suttirat on speed dial. :))

The Graham was inspired by the Barbour Bedale, which is as classic a piece of casual outerwear as exists, and it has a lot of the same lines and features. As I understand it, it's been only recently that Barbour has come out with more fitted jackets, and this is not one of them. I find it amusing that some here think it looks too fashion forward and others think it looks like something from granddad's closet. Can it be both?

iChaice, from what you've written, I think you might like it better in an XS. That's not to say the S is a bad fit. But I suspect you'll feel more comfortable and at ease trying the XS before you give up on the Graham altogether. Just a suggestion.

I learned long ago not to buy clothes, let alone watches, I was on the fence about. In the end I would never end up wearing a piece I was unsure about.
  • the Graham unlined is the jacket that's in the film. I don't really care who believes me.
    I will refrain from saying I told you so when the film is released. :007)
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    The Graham - unwashed or otherwise - is not at all confirmed to be the one in the film, right?

Not that I've heard. Some people here make pronouncements about these things like they have Suttirat on speed dial. :))

The Graham was inspired by the Barbour Bedale, which is as classic a piece of casual outerwear as exists, and it has a lot of the same lines and features. As I understand it, it's been only recently that Barbour has come out with more fitted jackets, and this is not one of them. I find it amusing that some here think it looks too fashion forward and others think it looks like something from granddad's closet. Can it be both?

iChaice, from what you've written, I think you might like it better in an XS. That's not to say the S is a bad fit. But I suspect you'll feel more comfortable and at ease trying the XS before you give up on the Graham altogether. Just a suggestion.

I learned long ago not to buy clothes, let alone watches, I was on the fence about. In the end I would never end up wearing a piece I was unsure about.

Not sure the size XS exists
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    Not sure the size XS exists

Well, that would take care of that!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Gents
    Its only clothes!
    Buy what suits you or if you like it.
    If the 007 connection gives you an enhanced love of it, we All get that and honestly ive got loads of gear that I may not have gone for bar the bond link.
    Each to their own!!!

Personal view, Barbour is a great brand and IF they are back, fab. The Graham is a loose fitting jacket I can thro on a pub seat without worry (unlike say my Matchless or TomFord stuff).
    Those who have either version, enjoy it!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    the Graham unlined is the jacket that's in the film. I don't really care who believes me.
    I will refrain from saying I told you so when the film is released. :007)

I actually prefer the look and feel of the washed. Screen accuracy be d@mned. With the Billy Reid Peacoat I bought the charcoal color. Much dressier and more versatile than the navy.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Well said, 007JBDCMWR.

And I agree with you, Westward.

It's all personal preference. So absolutist proclamations about the Washed being inferior to the Unlined (based on a few relatively minor details) is, I mean, do you, I guess. But I actually prefer the Washed. I don't like the completely uninterrupted line of the Unlined.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    For me the Bond journey includes introducing me to brands I wouldn’t normally know about. Screen accuracy is not important to me.

RGT is a perfect example. I had never heard of them before the trailers. I tried on the SA Supply jacket but didn’t like the colour. I ended up getting one in grey which I like much more and also a denim Supply jacket which is sublime.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    If there's any more casual clothing left to see I hope its some fall/winter stuff. Beyond the N.peal the majority of the wardrobe is summer/spring so far.
    Given the images of Malek in the snow I think it's a decent bet that we'll see some winter stuff for Bond.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Doubtful. That scene is likely a prologue/ flash back of sorts.
    frommeyer wrote:
    Given the images of Malek in the snow I think it's a decent bet that we'll see some winter stuff for Bond.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Sounds like you're around my size and my XL fits perfectly.
    JTullock23 wrote:
    I’m sure this has been discussed here and I have tried to find it, but I’m curious about the fit of the R&B Henley? I’m a 46 chest and 36/38 waist. I’m thinking an XL. Can anyone offer some advice for me?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CDPCDP Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    I wasn't sure when I first got them. But I live in southern California which means I wear sunglasses pretty much all the time when I go out and I find myself wearing the Vuarnets probably more than any other pair I have when I'm dressed casually. They just work and are very comfortable.
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:
    So, to complete the Jamaica look, I ordered the Legend 06s. They arrived today. Am I missing something? I'm shocked by how cheap they feel. They've been praised on the forum but they look and wear like a pair dollar store sunglasses. I'm disappointed.

The frames aren't anything special, but IMO Vuarnet makes the best polarized lenses of any of the sunglasses manufacturers Bond has worn. Compare your Legends with something from a fashion brand like TF or even Barton Perreira. Wear a pair of BP Joes on a day on a sailboat and your eyes will feel scorched.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Is this a guess/DIY situation or has the Jamaica fishing outfit been ID'd here? (The shirt distressing looks pretty close!)

File.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBpxh9uAaev/
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Believe he distressed himself :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Yo, those shorts look REALLY close. I'm tempted to get a pair.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    Perfect. Thank you for the input!
    Sounds like you're around my size and my XL fits perfectly.
    JTullock23 wrote:
    I’m sure this has been discussed here and I have tried to find it, but I’m curious about the fit of the R&B Henley? I’m a 46 chest and 36/38 waist. I’m thinking an XL. Can anyone offer some advice for me?
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    frommeyer wrote:

yup they look close, even the silver tips of the draw strings
    13093510-6993067-Daniel-Craig-chomping-on-a-cigar-a-7-1557008368897.jpgmens-short-classic-fit-swim-shorts-aruba-navy-togs.jpg

it seems that Craig ones dont have the white Derek Rose lable on the right side but it could be removed by the costume department, the problem I have is that every swim shorts from DR has two silver-coloured rings on the back side and I don't see them on craigs shorts

mens-short-classic-fit-swim-shorts-aruba-navy-eyelets.jpg1316969-4-large.png13093492-6993067-image-a-44-1557001411736.jpg13093480-6993067-image-m-43-1557001397070.jpg

maybe they were colored
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Our friends at Mason & Sons have that Derek Rose swimsuit - bit more reasonable than the usual suspects https://us.masonandsons.com/products/aruba-navy-classic-fit-swim-shorts?_pos=30&_sid=1cdc73ab2&_ss=r
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    For anyone interested the Barbour UK website has the Graham in “Olive” reduced to £160
    Yes. Considerably!
  • I'm usually not one to complain about customer service...

but I must say, Connolly England has been one of the worst customer service experiences that I have had.
    I e-mailed 3 different addresses provided by the company concerning the misleading pictures on their website
    of the buttons that come on the bomber. I was very polite and simply asked if they would, in the future, be able
    to provide the lighter buttons as pictured on their site.

I have had zero response from them. They clearly don't care. Unfortunate, as I would have liked to purchase from them
    in the future.
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    And I think I saw pictures where Craig`s shorts have zipped side pockets...
    Noi wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

13093510-6993067-Daniel-Craig-chomping-on-a-cigar-a-7-1557008368897.jpgmens-short-classic-fit-swim-shorts-aruba-navy-togs.jpg

it seems that Craig ones dont have the white Derek Rose lable on the right side but it could be removed by the costume department, the problem I have is that every swim shorts from DR has two silver-coloured rings on the back side and I don't see them on craigs shorts

mens-short-classic-fit-swim-shorts-aruba-navy-eyelets.jpg1316969-4-large.png13093492-6993067-image-a-44-1557001411736.jpg13093480-6993067-image-m-43-1557001397070.jpg

maybe they were colored
    MrE wrote:
    I'm usually not one to complain about customer service...

but I must say, Connolly England has been one of the worst customer service experiences that I have had.
    I e-mailed 3 different addresses provided by the company concerning the misleading pictures on their website
    of the buttons that come on the bomber. I was very polite and simply asked if they would, in the future, be able

I have had zero response from them. They clearly don't care. Unfortunate, as I would have liked to purchase from them
    in the future.

ye I made the same experience, I contacted Maximo and e-mailed two other mails and have asked them for an exchange (XXL-XXXL), the buttons and the upcoming shirt but haven't received a single response, thats a bit disappointing (but my personal number one worst customer service is still Matchless)

there is an R&B Henley ebay-auction Size M. starts around 11 pounds (it has stains at the back, sewn up a hole at the front, there are some pictures of it)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAG-BONE-Knitted-Henley-Top-Size-M-Ivory-Distressed-Style-Long-Sleeve/293661843285?hash=item445f9c1f55:g:t0sAAOSwod5fDYzH

from the same person an XL ends today for 31 pounds, which is quite affordable if the mistakes don't bother you
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RRP-105-RAG-BONE-Henley-Top-Size-XL-Slub-Yarn-Half-Button-Long-Sleeve/114317433624

I hope the seller is trustworty, no experience with him
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

maybe they were colored

The Derek Rose shorts were mentioned in May 2019 on this thread (I was in Ibza at the time) and I reached out to Derek Rose. They confirmed it wasnt their shorts (as far as they knew). So I held off...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    For anyone interested the Barbour UK website has the Graham in “Olive” reduced to £160

The "olive" is actually quite nice in person. More of a dark greenish brown. Perfect autumn color for the jacket.

Barbour-Graham-Olive-2.jpg

This is a small, which fits me pretty much like a normal jacket size large.
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Noi wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

maybe they were colored

The Derek Rose shorts were mentioned in May 2019 on this thread (I was in Ibza at the time) and I reached out to Derek Rose. They confirmed it wasnt their shorts (as far as they knew). So I held off...

I've looked for these shorts relentlessly. One of the closest shorts I have come across are the Grigioperla Nero Perla Cruise swim shorts

http://www.internationaljock.com/grigioperla-nero-perla-cruise-swim-shorts-navy,77106.html

I hope these are not the shorts as they don't appear to be available anymore.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
    edited July 2020
    I've looked for these shorts relentlessly. One of the closest shorts I have come across are the Grigioperla Nero Perla Cruise swim shorts

http://www.internationaljock.com/grigioperla-nero-perla-cruise-swim-shorts-navy,77106.html

I hope these are not the shorts as they don't appear to be available anymore.

don't think so, the Grigioperla got a notch on side which don't appear on the sa ones, beside of that the drawstrings looking too short
  • Does anyone know the size of the Tom Ford suits that they gave Craig to wear in No time to Die?
    His suits look a lot more fitted in Spectre, which I'm not a huge fan of.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    I'm usually not one to complain about customer service...

in the future.

I have had the same experience from Connolly with zero response from any emails regarding an exchange. I have given up to be honest and changed the buttons myself for something I thought suited better. Checking the sizing guide, their sizes only go up by 1 cm in the key areas so changing from a XXL to XXXL will not make a big difference for me.

I personally think Connolly either don't have the capability to deal with so many enquires, complaints, etc and are only a small time boutique in Mayfair who struck gold with the Bond placement but have failed to capitalise on it. Or COVID massively reduced their ability to deal with customers in the correct manner. Either way I won't be making any future purchases from them!