No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Shame to be granted early access as a “VIP” to the collections, pay full price and then shortly after receive this discount in the mail... :(
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    Sorry to drag up something that has been discussed at length before but the damn shoulder patches.

I cannot remember seeing anybody (not to say it hasn't been said) saying the patches on a medium were revised. I know the small received a downsizing but was that also true of the medium can anybody advise?
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Sorry to drag up something that has been discussed at length before but the damn shoulder patches.

I cannot remember seeing anybody (not to say it hasn't been said) saying the patches on a medium were revised. I know the small received a downsizing but was that also true of the medium can anybody advise?

Believe only smaller sizes revised since they looked kind of ridiculous.

I have a XL - the rib spacing is not quite SA but I kind of expected that and it doesnt look strange (I think 2 ribs less then SA)

I am guessing the XXL will be the one closest to SA
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    Yep, XS and S were revised (and not by a lot - the S went from having seven ribs between to nine, but the proportion is better)
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    Thank you for clarifying, I wonder if they would fit the small patches to a medium, if I ask nicely
    Yep, XS and S were revised (and no by a lot - the S went from having seven ribs between to nine, but the proportion is better)
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
    As they're already offering discounts on the sweater, it might be a bit of a buyer's market.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    I've received a Barbour Engineered Garments Graham Washed in Size S.

What do you think about the fit and sizing on me?

fullsizeoutput-3efb.jpg

fullsizeoutput-3efc.jpg
    Yes. Considerably!
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I’m sure this has been discussed here and I have tried to find it, but I’m curious about the fit of the R&B Henley? I’m a 46 chest and 36/38 waist. I’m thinking an XL. Can anyone offer some advice for me?
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    The Graham looks great, ichaice! Basically looks like a perfect fit to my eye.

JTullock, the R&B henley fits pretty true to size. Maybe even a little big. I have a large and a medium. I wear the large around the house because I enjoy a slightly oversize shirt for hanging around. And the medium, my proper size, fits screen accurate.
    frommeyer wrote:
    The Graham looks great, ichaice! Basically looks like a perfect fit to my eye.

:) -{
    Yes. Considerably!
    JTullock23 wrote:
    I’m sure this has been discussed here and I have tried to find it, but I’m curious about the fit of the R&B Henley? I’m a 46 chest and 36/38 waist. I’m thinking an XL. Can anyone offer some advice for me?

I found the r&b to be quite large - I was swimming in a small while a screen accurate fit for me is an XS. I'm usually on the medium side of small in other things (Rogue Territory jacket, for instance, is a medium on me).
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTullock23 wrote:

I found the r&b to be quite large - I was swimming in a small while a screen accurate fit for me is an XS. I'm usually on the medium side of small in other things (Rogue Territory jacket, for instance, is a medium on me).

I'm hover between a 44 and 46 so I went for an XL because i knew the henley's being 100% cotton would shrink. I ended up buying 2 of them and only washed one as a test to measure the amount of shrinkage. Luckily after the wash/drying it fits and it was very comfortable where a Large would have shrunk a little too much :#
    I know where you keep your gun!
    Thanks for the info everyone. That helps out a lot!
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    Do you all think it is worth it? I can buy it for $100 off their site. I’ve never paid that much for a shirt of any kind. Please let me know what you think.

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    JTullock23 wrote:
    Do you all think it is worth it? I can buy it for $100 off their site. I’ve never paid that much for a shirt of any kind. Please let me know what you think.

I think it's a good deal especially when it normally costs $150 plus it's really comfortable!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    better version of the Suttirat Anne Larlarb pic, if this is the NTTD production we have to identify some more sunglasses haha

costume-designer.jpg
    https://www.npeal.com/skin/frontend/npeal/default/images/no-time-to-die/landing-page/costume-designer.jpg
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    JTullock23 wrote:

I think it's a good deal especially when it normally costs $150 plus it's really comfortable!

Does anyone know the difference between "Standard Issue" and "Classic" henley?
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    "Standard Issue" was the name of R&B's core product line. They changed it to "Classic" a couple years ago.
    frommeyer wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    JTullock23 wrote:

Does anyone know the difference between "Standard Issue" and "Classic" henley?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    better version of the Suttirat Anne Larlarb pic, if this is the NTTD production we have to identify some more sunglasses haha

costume-designer.jpg
    https://www.npeal.com/skin/frontend/npeal/default/images/no-time-to-die/landing-page/costume-designer.jpg

The combat boots to the right look NTTD’ish (some at the back look like Bond’s Danners) but if it is production, why would the scarves behind the boots be tagged with prices?
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Maybe they're selling stuff post-production?
    JTM wrote:
    The combat boots to the right look NTTD’ish (some at the back look like Bond’s Danners) but if it is production, why would the scarves behind the boots be tagged with prices?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Maybe they're selling stuff post-production?
    JTM wrote:

I looks more like them buying second-hand clothing - which is already authentically 'weathered' - for the production, from somewhere like Beyond Retro (which this isn't, as you can see from the images below, but reminds me of).

IMG-3052.jpg

IMG-3053.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    ichaice wrote:

fullsizeoutput-3efb.jpg

fullsizeoutput-3efc.jpg

Sorry to bump this folks but any more comments on the how it looks on me? I’m still on the fence about it 8-)
    Yes. Considerably!
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

fullsizeoutput-3efb.jpg

fullsizeoutput-3efc.jpg

Sorry to bump this folks but any more comments on the how it looks on me? I’m still on the fence about it 8-)

Why does it matter what anybody else thinks ichaice? Surely it’s how you feel about it that’s the important thing?

But seeing as you asked... Personally, I think it’s an incredibly bland piece of clothing, totally lacking in style - apart from that collar that looks like it was something designed for all the grandma’s of the world who like something big and floppy around their necks (Their disappointment is that it isn’t in lace with pretty flowers on it.) The whole nonsense of having to ‘size down 3 sizes’ etc etc shows that it clearly wasn’t designed (I use the word loosely in this instance) to be worn like this.

I’ve got the Barbour Commander and it’s great, but this one does nothing for me. Sooooo...

I think it looks terrible - but that is nothing to do with you personally fella!!!! :)
    Yes. Considerably.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:

Why are you on a fence with it? Is there a particular reason (Sleeves/Backlentgh/Shoulders?) for it? Because I think the jacket looks fine on you, the fit and especially the style works for you in my eyes, even the back length looks great, that's what I don't like about mine, they run so short beside of that everbody has a different taste, some like a snug fit others don't, same with sleeve-length and so on...the main question is: do you feel comfortable in it?
    I have to admit that I don't feel very comfortable in my RGT after all ;( I like the brand, the colour the trucker-jacket style but I wear the RGT a lot and its still rather stiff, the main problem i have with this jacket is that the material doesn't "fall" along my body like other cloth do, even when I wear the RGT the jacket "stands" in the air, hard to describe
    sorry I digressed, again:do you feel comfortable in it?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    ichaice wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

fullsizeoutput-3efb.jpg

fullsizeoutput-3efc.jpg

As said above…it’s how you feel about it/wearing it that counts...if you don’t feel happy/comfortable in wearing it, then you just won’t wear it...
    Personally I like it...and I think it fits you perfectly -{
    YNWA 97
    Thanks chaps, appreciate the feedback. I guess my issue is whether I’ll keep it just because it’s a Bond jacket or do I really like it enough as a stand alone jacket in its own right.

I don’t normally buy “fashion” pieces, preferring timeless clothing. This one with the engineered garments collaboration and oversized features veers into the fashion bracket albeit with some classic features like the game keepers pocket at the back. I’m leaning towards keeping it and I still have time to decide one way or the other.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • Ferinstal wrote:
    ichaice wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

fullsizeoutput-3efb.jpg

fullsizeoutput-3efc.jpg

Why does it matter what anybody else thinks ichaice? Surely it’s how you feel about it that’s the important thing?

But seeing as you asked... Personally, I think it’s an incredibly bland piece of clothing, totally lacking in style - apart from that collar that looks like it was something designed for all the grandma’s of the world who like something big and floppy around their necks (Their disappointment is that it isn’t in lace with pretty flowers on it.) The whole nonsense of having to ‘size down 3 sizes’ etc etc shows that it clearly wasn’t designed (I use the word loosely in this instance) to be worn like this.

I’ve got the Barbour Commander and it’s great, but this one does nothing for me. Sooooo...

I think it looks terrible - but that is nothing to do with you personally fella!!!! :)

The washed Graham is not the one Bond wears.

The collar on the washed version looks terrible, the collar tips are rounded instead of to a point. The material is heavier and has a waxed, slightly greasy feel to it. Looks stained, the color is different...it's faded,
    there are more differences than collar studs and snaps as some think are the main difference.

The Graham Unlined is a much nicer jacket.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

fullsizeoutput-3efb.jpg

fullsizeoutput-3efc.jpg

I think the fit and sizing are okay but personally I think it’s a horrible jacket and not something I would ever wear but that is just my personal opinion and it’s down to the individual and how to feel wearing it. If you feel confident wearing something then you can pull it off. For me I would not wear something just because it’s worn in a bond movie. It has to suit you indivually. Remember everything for the movie has been tailored to the actor and then its combined with lighting and the settings which can make it seem like the coolest thing in the world. However wearing the thing in day to day life it can leave a lot to be desired. I am not really a fan or Barbour stuff in any case as it screams old English gent off hunting on his country estate. I am not really a fan of the clothing chosen for this movie either although I am waiting to be surprised as it could look good on film.
    The Graham - unwashed or otherwise - is not at all confirmed to be the one in the film, right?