• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

nice find, I think he wears the same in the QoS plane scene

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Yes, could be. They're practically standard issue in the aviation

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 244MI6 Agent

IS this a new coat? It features in the new TV spot

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

• I know that the fabric is not the same, but does anyone own the Connolly x Finamore shirt from the original run and the new reissue?

It looks different in the new pictures but my question is...is it still the "Tokyo" fit which is super slim or does it fit bigger? Thanks.

• Also I've gained weight so if anyone has lost weight and owns the original finamore connolly in size 41, I'd be willing to swap my size 40 with you.

It still has the tags and is in new condition.

But the coat is blue? I suspect this might be the final scene.....

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

To me it looks like a desaturated green. The shadows and light source are moving it toward the gray. It lookslike we can see the collar of the Connolly shirt, and its color also looks off.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Nah its the forest scene with the Alba by the looks of it

Instagram - bondclothes007

Hmmmm.....I'd have thought so too. However, the coat looks a different colour. It also looks as though Bond has a bit of a beard if you watch it carefully.

• For those who are grabbing the "Finamore" reissue, I've heard the collar is different than the original, no longer the "simone" collar and the cut

is different as well, no longer the "tokyo" cut and the material and color is different as well. Almost like they just slapped a 007 logo on the shirt

and hoped no one would notice. But without one in hand, I couldn't say for sure.

• cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Received the Connolly "Finamore" re-issue shirt. I will let you judge for yourselves from pictures below on colour compared to the original issue ( though iPhone pictures show up differences, that in my opinion are far more stark than is evident to human eye).

To the eye, the original is a very marginal darker shade; the weave, cloth mix is identical. The collar shape is identical too and I think the fitting is likely also the same.

Below are the measurements of the new version in a 41(16 inch collar). I have the original issue Finamore in the smaller size 40, so can't do exact measurement comparison, but the smaller size measurements are in brackets alongside below, which would suggest to me the sizing/fitting is similar to the original.

Measurements new Size 41 in inches (in brackets Size 40, from original run)

Shoulder:17.75 (16.75)

Pit to Pit: 21.75 (21.5)

Waist: 20(19.5)

Pictures all have new version on the left/ original run on the right ( collar photo at bottom - new version on top, to try and show cut of collar has not changed - any difference is down to cloth not lying flat!)

• J&BJ&B Posts: 41MI6 Agent

Regarding the N. Peal Combat Trousers. Usually i pick trousers in 48, sometimes 46 as I'm inbetween 30 and 32 waist and I always need a 30 Inseam, but looking at the measurements by N.Peal I knew I had to get them in XS. I feared that they might be too small, but they fit perfectly, so I think you can size them down. Also they are really short, I'd say they equal my usual 30 inseam.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

That's excellent news, J&B. I am also a 30/32 and I took what I thought was a huge gamble and also went for an XS. It's due to be delivered this morning and I am keeping my fingers crossed. My fear is that because the trousers likely don't have much give, even if they're only fractionally too small it could be a problem. You've helped allay my fears!

edited September 2021

Aston Martin released a higher res pic today and at this point I want to come back to the Vuarnet Edge 1615 which was discussed earlier in this thread, the details seems to match, thoughts?

here is an interview with Daniel Craig where he talks about the NTTD wardrobe.

about the N.Peal pants: The 53-year-old said: “It’s something to the special forces, but the trousers alone took about three months of design."

there is quote where they mention that he wears Suits and Boots by Tom Ford, bit I think thats a mistake and they refer to the suits only by that

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1493950/James-Bond-Daniel-Craig-No-Time-To-Die-costume-designer-Suttirat-Anne-Larlarb

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

I've been intermitently reading this thread since day 1, but I do not believe we have a master list like we (mostly) did with Skyfall and Spectre (minus much later discoveries), am I right?

I'm especially intrigued with the Tom Ford kit, as I'm not sure we are 100% certain on the ties, for instance. So far I know we have the ink one with the glen check suit in the MI6 arrival (and there's been a debate on whether its's different to one of the Spectre ones), the grey one with the navy suit in the scenes with M and... I'm not even sure if the one with the tuxedo is by Tom Ford or any other brand. I'm sure I'm missing something, am I not? Thanks in advance.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    edited September 2021

I think you could well be right, Noi. The Edge 1615 is also made in tortoise. Looking at the photos you posted, I think it could well be one of these.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Just my humble opinion. I'm not saying you're wrong - indeed I think from the shape it could very well be the model - but if Vuarnet has advertised so much his porducts used in the movie, why wouldn't they have made the same with those 1615?

It could also be they were purchased not via official store. Think we'll know when the movie's out.

Any thought about a possibility those are the BP Courtier used by ASh as well? The shape seems to match

On Vuarnet's website, they describe the 1613 as "Daniel Craig's Choice" a description that accompanies all 1613s, not just the black ones.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I recommended the Vuarnet Edge 1615s because the shape suited my face MUCH better than the round 1613s, and I don't think anyone IRL could tell the difference. I haven't seen a photo of anyone wearing those bug-eyed glasses that I thought looked good, including Craig. It would crack me up if they used the 1615s for the "Norway" scenes (although I'd probably have purchased the wrong color).

It was Christmas at the Cheverian household. I just received the N.Peal combat trousers and braces, as well as the Danner boots. I'm sorry I don't have a full-length mirror to take photos but maybe I can get my significant other to help at some point (or not).

A few quick observations:

• I take a 9.5 UK in C&J boots and went with a 10.5 US for the Danners. I had a moment of panic when I laced them up because they felt snug Then I realized I didn't have to lace them as tightly as they came out of the box. I'd describe the boots as true to size but wish there had been a wide option. I'm going to be fine with them, but for me, it's the difference between a good and great fit. I don't think I needed to go up a half size but that's just me. It's a shame people won't be able to find their personal fit in the near future because it may be trial and error.
    • The boots are VERY lightweight and made for warmer weather (I haven't seen that fact emphasized enough in the early reviews). The uppers are mostly ballistic nylon. I will be wearing medium-weight socks with these as I don't consider them winter boots.
    • The trousers are heavy duty—and heavy—with more buttons than seems possible. The inexplicably unfinished seam inside the seat doesn't reflect the overall high quality of the manufacturing.
    • Yes, the inseam will be short for many. I take a 31" normally and I'd say the length is fine for me, even if I choose to wear other footwear.
    • I had a revelation when I attached the braces. As others have noted, there is some extra material in the thighs. This material vanishes when the braces pull up the trousers to their proper (high) rise. For better or worse, these trousers were clearly designed to be worn with the braces.
    • The right leg includes an unusual knife pocket that seems to have been designed for a very specific blade: probably the Fairbairn Sykes dagger. Don't expect to cram any old hunting knife in there. The pocket adds extra material around the knee FWIW.
    • If you own the N.Peal NTTD jumper but don't want to go full cosplay with the trousers, I have an odd recommendation. Spend £45 or $65 for the braces. Because they clip on, they'll work with any of your jeans, chinos, other trousers. And they'll solve your problem with the jumper's boatneck the way they do for Craig.
    • Will I wear these items? Yes, and hell, no. Yes in that I can see ways to integrate the trousers into my life—although they're more combat than cargo, if you know what I mean. Those braces I'll be wearing with the jumper, as I suggested above. And maybe other trousers, too (they're really nice!). The boots will definitely work for casual wear as long they're not tucked in military-style. But will I ever wear the whole "costume" (which is what this is)? Only on Halloween and for costume parties.

• Have some bad news, not sure if anyone else covered this already. But according to everyone I've spoken to at Danner...

They only made 1,000 of the No time To Die boots with no intention of releasing them again. Apparently Daniel Craig

requested that they make the Tanicus in black for the film, and since it's not part of their normal range at least in that

color, they won't be doing any second runs, but as we know, we've heard things like that before only to find out

the opposite is true. Only time will tell.

edited September 2021

I thought about the BP Courtiers aswell but would you stick glasses in your mouth which belongs to someone else? :d If you ask me I dont think its them, the nosebridge is much more shinier on the Courtiers (this could be caused by the light) and like the upper bar it has an arch to it. the upper bar on craigs glasses seems to be straight and the nosebridge looks like it has that angular Vuarnet shape, i can be totally wrong but thats the way they appear to me. beside of that we have the stuntman pictures from that scene (MA Duster, Connolly Finamore, Aston Marton V8) and these shades have this thick cups which is very Vuarnet, however I'm not quite sure about the 1615

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Hey Cheverian

Great review there on the boots and Npeal - much appreciated

Did you have the Spectre Danners? If so what size?

Instagram - bondclothes007

Thanks! Glad to be of some help.

I have the Danner Mountain Light IIs in size 10.5 US (medium width). I just tried them on again for comparison sake and the Mountain Lights have a larger toe box. I don't think I stretched them out that much although I have worn them climbing quite a lot. The Tanicus in the same size feels narrower to me.

• juhuataijuhuatai Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I got my N Peal commando trousers today and am quite disappointed. Half the front buttons are coming off after just opening the package. I'll probably just sew them back on since I'm loathe to bother with reordering and dealing with the return.

I will say, the sheer amount of buttons in the front zip area is comical. I imagine going to the bathroom in these trousers will be quite an experience!

Cheverian, what are your typical sizes in Nike, New Balance, Adidas etc?

Nike and almost all sneakers, I'm a 10.5 US.

The exception is the Adidas (Gazelle) where I take an 11.

This is probably going to confuse things even more, but I have the J.Crew Kentons in 11 US and they fit me very well.

• The no time to die tanicus run small and narrow, whatever size you are in the mountain light, you want to go up half a size (at least)