No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Me and the gang are starting our nttd build up with 4 Bond parties, one for each DC film (with a 3 day interlude for the Ryder Cup)... Ending with the midnight showing Wed night of nttd.

CR tonight in the cinema room.

Donning the London outfit with my TF suit, shirt and tie. BP Joe's, omega watch and cnj Highbury's... Did forget my tie bar tho, oooops.....

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

Breaking out the old Kina Lillet for some authentic Vespers?

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Fantastic! Enjoy🍸🥂

"Any of the opposition around..?"

In jugs !!! Bit naughty as a worknight. But hey we've waited 6 years haven't we

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

Just a heads up, 15% off the Barbour Covert if you buy it through the End app using the code APP15

Murder | Employment.
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Deleted

edited September 2021

Do we have any confirmation if N Peal did in fact produce the trousers and braces for the film? Or did they just collaborate with the costume designer (ie borrow the designs, study the wardrobe) for their collection? The wording on N Peal's site strikes me as being a bit vague, but either way, I like what they did with their collection.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else suspect that the braces used on film are looped, and not clip ons? Especially if you compare the screenshots to what N Peal offers, the braces worn by Craig don't seem to extend beyond the (khaki) canvas harness straps on the trousers, which would make more sense if it were leather loops instead. Either way, it seems like an easy fix if need be, especially since there's a corresponding pair of buttons inside the trousers.

Oh, and if this helps anyone, I picked up a pair of N Peal's combat trousers in a small. I'm 5'10, and I usually wear between a size 31 and a 32 waist, and 30-32 inseam depending on fit and style. These trousers feels tailored for me if maybe half an inch long. If anything, I'd describe them as fitting like a fitted pair of jeans. Going by the screencaps, these trousers were meant to fit snug, as with most of Craig-as-Bond's clothing choices.

Absolutely love them, and thinking of picking up a second pair, but yeah, if you're 5'10, I'd say a small should work for you lengthwise.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

You’re first and second paragraph is correct.

The commercially released trousers have subtle differences from the screen used ones, as does the NAVY jumper. But nothing like the massive ridiculousness of FEs prop replica differences. I think they did a good job.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I always try to remember that especially with regard to the combat trousers we're talking about a costume designed by a costume designer. They were meant to look a certain way in a specific number of scenes and last long enough for multiple takes, and that's all. Suttirat wasn't designing a ready-to-wear piece to come in six different sizes. She only had to worry about Craig and his stuntman. N.Peal's task was how to transform a costume into clothing ready for retail.

Thank you, Asp! :)

Just to clarify though, do you mean my first paragraph is correct in assuming that N Peal produced those pieces for use in the film? Or is it correct in stating that N Peal is being vague? Sorry, but I'm just confused as it could be interpreted either way (oh the irony!).

And definitely agree on differences in the commercially produced copies. I know it's pretty standard practice, especially with the bigger vendors, but I'm just surprised that they chose a clip on design. Cheapens the overall look, IMO.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I'm not sure but I think I see a clip on the braces Craig is wearing here.

On another note, am I alone in thinking that the N.Peal "inspired by" henley is damned smart looking and certainly less Peaky Blinders than the Rag & Bone?

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

I agree. Kind of wish I added the Henley to my order. Looks nice!

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

not the best resolution but enough to proof that the sa braces have clip-ons aswell. Craig wears the buckle lower than the pictures promoted by n.peal that why it looks as if there is no extention.

agree, the n.peal henley does look very nice, I think its because of the light grey colour which matches really well with the grey pants and braces

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Thanks for sizing help @Alex006 !! We can't get enough of this especially needing to order from across the globe (Australia in my case) with no N.Peal retailer around. So it's super helpful to hear others experiences.

Did you end up picking up the braces anyway?

...a brother from Sydney

More than happy to help! You're a braver man than me to take such a risk, really hope it works out for you.

And I haven't placed an order quite yet for the braces, my trousers only just arrived earlier today actually. But yeah, definitely planning on grabbing a pair. Someone else mentioned it before, but the design of these trousers would be pretty incomplete without them.

edited September 2021

The combat trousers are not just waist sensitive re fit. I'm a 34/35 waist (Xmas maybe 36)....

I tried both M and L.

Medium, I could fasten up but no room at all. If I lose my intended 6lbs the waist wudve been ok but... Due to my 33 leg, the knees were too snug to bend comfortable Rest of the trouser, backside etc looked very SA fit. But no good if I can't "live real world" in them.

Large, Def 1-2 inches looser as per sizing and a more roomy fit overall. But cinch the waist with the adjusters, tuck the rnb in. Defo way to go. Just a shame the leg wasn't a couple of inches longer.

QoS party tonight so may put whole getup on, just the once....

@Alex006 Haven't quite pulled the trigger yet but it's a daily struggle to resist :P. I will get the braces also if I do forge ahead.

Sounds like you did well also @007JBDCMWR ! I've burned myself a few times over the years opting for slimness over comfort. I don't learn my lessons quickly haha. The braces make a lot more sense with a waist that isn't tight anyway (as you would know), so I think you nailed it.

...a brother from Sydney
  • pinder91pinder91 Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I lucked out and snagged a pair of the Tanicus boots and knew I had to grab the rest of the outfit while I could.

For the record, I’m 6’1”, 195-200lbs, 42.5” chest, and 36” waist (actual waist, not the size of my jeans).

I grabbed the Mil-Tec gloves in an XL (my usual glove size). They were larger than I wanted, so swapped them for a L. Much better fit! My hands are just over 9" around the knuckles, FYI.

Then I placed an order from N. Peal – Commando Pants in sizes M (I was hopeful!) and L, the Braces, and the Army Sweater in L. They arrived today.

Although the Braces are only one size, taller people will need to have them near the max length. I have the adjustment piece almost all the way down to the pants (just like the N. Peal model does). I wear a Long in the Albert Thurston.

The pants/trousers… well I could put the Mediums on, and they felt great standing still, but they were essentially painted-on in some areas, and I could not bend my knees. The Large was a much better fit, certainly more roomy in the waist. The people saying these run long are either super short or not wearing them at the proper height. These are short. Short enough that I couldn’t even bend my knees and have them remain tucked into my boots. Funnily enough, that’s exactly how they fit D. Craig in a few pictures I’ve found. They just barely tuck in. These certainly did not go to his ankle.

As far as the sweater, I went with a Large because the size chart said 42.5” (exactly what my chest is). It’s ok, but seems slightly big on me. The arms are definitely baggy. You’d have to be Schwarzenegger to fill them out. I usually wear a Large in everything. I read a few pages back that another member that also wears strictly Larges went with a Medium and it fit really well. Now I’m thinking of exchanging it.

Update: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/comment/1025448#Comment_1025448

@pinder91 It's like Christmas over at your house, brother!! Thanks for the details. I'm getting a good picture of sizing thanks to these experiences. One of the consistencies (and this is reflected in TBE review) is that a practical fit down through the leg PROBABLY means that the waist will fit a little looser than one might be used to for a pant.

So cool that you've got the entire kit. Re: your knitwear, FWIW I like to err on the downsize, as there will be more give in a piece like this. So if it doesn't cause too much of a hassle (to exchange), I think your instincts there are on the money.

S.

...a brother from Sydney
  • pinder91pinder91 Posts: 13MI6 Agent

Happy to help! I just have the R&B henley left to order. I think I'll go with a Large, but thankfully that will be easier to swap if necessary.

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Just a heads up, Im sure you’re aware but the henleys do run a tad loose and have a bit of give to them when they stretch out for what it’s worth. Great henley though, you’ll love it.

Also a slight tip when washing, definitely the obvious gentle cycle etc., but don’t forget to do everything inside out with it always due to the cool aging effect they did with the buttons on the edges, not washing inside out will really speed that process up a bit too fast. Just my two cents. Enjoy the henley!

edited September 2021

Same deal for me re the trousers and braces.

Just a tip... Remember npeal will MTO for you. I'm pretty similar dimensions and dropped to a small in the jumper, but added 2 inches to the sleeve length. Still not over tiight and a great body length. Plus I got accurate shoulder patches ..

RnB a M was great too

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Hey everyone, first time posting here, recently started getting into the Bond style, I already own the RGT supply jacket and recently ordered the OB-T's which I just got. I got excited when I ordered the military sweater and pants from N.Peal, both the pants and sweater are medium, the pants fit just right, not tight or too lose, the sweater did feel a bit on the snug side.... but once I stretch it out a bit it looks like it fit a little better, the rag and bone henley has not arrived yet, I used a different white henley in the meantime

What do you guys think of my fit? does it look just right or a little tight? I know Bond wears his stuff fitted. I feel If I went for a large it might be too baggy

But bad news... when trying it on, my big head wouldn't fit through the collar so I heard a small break in the thread. I tried to put it on as safe and as slow as possible but my head got a little stuck so I had to pull on it a little. After trying it on a couple of times I noticed a tear in the fabric which you can see.... I emailed N.Peal about it, Hopefully I can get it replaced... But how do you guys put it on without damaging the collar? the hole is really small, or do I just have a big head. Any tips? Seems like it will happen again, and no the strings were not pulled or anything, it just has a small collar hole

I did manage to order the Danner boots from Huckberry on Monday, I got lucky and got a size 11 which is my normal sneaker size. Although I've heard some people size up half a size? It sold out in mere seconds so I barely made the purchase

I'm also looking into ordering the Connelly jacket and Massimo trousers, I notice that the jacket is 23inches pit to pit in a medium which would fit me just right.... can anyone that owns a medium confirm the pit to pit measurements? Thank you everyone

For those wondering, I'm 5'9 190 pounds, chest measures 43inches, I'm working on losing more weight. Lost 60 pounds during lockdown.

I'd love to buy that Massimo Alba Sloop suit. The trousers in a size 50 would fit me perfectly but sadly the jacket would too small, I'd need a 54 in the jacket. I've always wished I was smaller framed

Hey @RichardCard82 , sorry to hear about the N.Peal mishap. I think the fit looks spot on and would stick with it once you resolve the likelihood(or not) of a repeat tear in the pullover. And you got the boots too? Happy days!

I don't own those other items either, but I'm sure someone can chime in with help on the measurements.

We all wish we were built like movie stars, but all we can do is our best. 60 pounds sounds pretty bloody good.

All the best, S.

...a brother from Sydney
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

You need to stick your head in sideways.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Good catch!

Just looking at the pictures, I think another reason for the discrepancy between what is seen on screen and what N Peal offers is caused by the width of those canvas straps on the pants. On N Peal's marketing stills, the model's straps are both sewn much closer together than what Craig has, so the "V" shape that the trouser straps form rise much higher. I noticed this is the same on my pair as well, but perhaps some may have a different experience?

A couple of other differences I noticed are

A) it looks like the clips used on Craig's braces could be a slightly different design. With the caveat that it's hard to tell from low res publicity stills, the thumb catches on the front clips seem to have a less pronounced ridge, which also accounts for why the clips blend in better on Craig. Until we see more photos, it's hard to tell.

B) Comparing the picture on N Peal's site of a film used pair to what they are selling, it looks like there's more stitching on the commercial replicas in at least one area of the trousers. That, and there's either less stitching, or a different style of stitching on certain other parts (e.g. the belt loop by the buckles). Not complaining though, as this change was probably done to reinforce high stress areas.

Anyway, I mentioned this before, but since no one has chimed in yet, can we assume that N Peal didn't actually make the pants seen on screen, but are making fantastic copies? Just strikes me as disingenuous wording, and the "official" wording makes me think it's a licensed piece.

Nevertheless, great copies either way, especially assuming that these are using the same fabrics and hardware!

edited September 2021

I feel for you. I struggled getting this on regardless whatever direction my head was facing. Thankfully didn't rip anything, but I also tried pulling and stretching it a little before putting it on. Beware though, this might misshapen the collar...

I wonder if going up a size would help, if the neck opening is going to increase? I didn't bother to go through the trouble of exchanging, since I had other issues with the design (cough, patches) to bother with this as more than a novelty purchase. But if so, you could always size up and get the body tailored...

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Welcome to the forum @RichardCard82 and congrats on your purchases. Fit looks spot on.

Sorry to hear about the tear issue. Hopefully, N Peal will replace. It should be able to withstand a fair bit of pulling and tugging for the price it's sold at.

Huge kudos on your weight loss as well. Fantastic💪 I went the other way during lockdown, so I doff my cap to anyone that has knuckled down and persevered over the last 18 months.

Enjoy your new gear and enjoy the next few weeks' celebrations. You've more than earned a couple of cold ones!🍻

"Any of the opposition around..?"