No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

@RichardCard82 Welcome home! :)

I’ve heard Mr. Zaritsky and others talk about how N.Peal will have things rewoven when they snag or tear. Hopefully this is a fixable item. Kudos on making the purchases as well. I agree the fit looks spot on too. Going larger could present some issues on the sleeve and body being too long. I don’t think you’d ultimately be happy. Often knits like this can loosen over time, but I’m not an N.Peal owner at the moment.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Thanks everyone, N Peal will email me a FedEx label to return the sweater, I just don't know if I'll be able to avoid it from happening again, collar is small and I have to force my head through it, It should be able to withstand pulling, I'll have to be very careful... . I just ordered the Massimo trousers, I'm still debating on the Connolly jacket sizing, if the medium is 23inches pit to pit, that would be great as that would fit me just right. I emailed Connolly to confirm but they have not responded.

• drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent

Michael Kors and Moneypenny

"Introducing the new Michael Kors #MKCx007 capsule collection. Available now at 007Store.com and MichaelKors.com"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYyUsQOux8s

Jesus you're right! Sideways there's no issue! why didn't I think of that before!

• J&BJ&B Posts: 41MI6 Agent

I own the Connolly Jacket in Medium. Its really boxy and on the larger side. I just measured mine pit to pit and I end up with good 58 cm, which is approximately 23inches. So the size chart sounds being correct.

You should just be careful with the length of the jacket and the sleeves, I heard a lot of complaints about it being short. I'm 179 cm tall and the jacket in medium fits me like Craigs in the film, the sleeve length is perfect, shouldn't be longer or shorter.

I went ahead and ordered it in Medium, I have a boxy jacket from Paige, which is a large, I measured it pit to pit and its exactly 23inches... might be off by 1/8 or so. but its really boxy and fits me great... If this jacket is the same size I should be okay. I hope its not smaller

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

For anyone that’s had the trousers long enough to wear, and for those who may have sized slim, can you comment on if they ‘give’? I know they are a non stretch cotton (canvas like) but such raw cotton can often “open up” a bit after wearing.

the size chart is strange because it jumps from a purported 46 to a 50 without a 48…so this implies that there is room for some give (or so I would guess)

As a comparison, the RGT Supply jacket is also a non stretch cotton (waxed)….my size medium was initially almost too snug across the chest initially but after wear, it has opened up and formed to my shoulders and chest.

i’m wondering if the trousers do the same ….

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

The trousers won't give imo

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • pinder91pinder91 Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I'll second that about the Commando pants, they really have no give. You might notice a difference between fresh out of the laundry vs multiple wearings (like jeans from 10-20 years ago before they became stretchy), but these are pretty solid.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I also felt that the trousers don't give. I'm a 31 or 32 in jeans so I gambled and went for the XS (which is 31.5). Jeans give and a 31 or 32 is perfectly comfortable for me, even when sitting. I struggled to do up the NP XS and when I did, I felt it was more likely that the buttons would fly off if I bent over than I did that the trousers would ever give. So, I've gone for a Small. It's due to arrive next week. It may be a bit big, but others have suggested that I can apparently tighten it a little with the straps if need be. They are really superb trousers however, and I am looking forward to the new ones arriving.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Hi all!

Okay, as far as I know, we still haven't identified the maker of the Matera Henley. But I have a strong suspicion that it comes from Anderson & Sheppard. I go into more details in the latest post on my website (as well as one problem with my theory; I've added the link below). But I'll share some comparison photos here for you to decide:

A&S make a short sleeve knit linen Henley and the style comes very close:

Especially the placket design and the texture of the material

The problem is they only make the short sleeve in shades of blue (the cream one above is the long sleeve version). As I said, I address this problem in the post. And I'm waiting on confirmation from A&S if they were in fact the maker. So until we know 100% take all this with a grain of salt. It's still only speculation on my part. But I think it looks good.

And if by some chance I've missed someone else identifying the brand, please let me know so I can give you credit in the post! I really did search around to see if anyone else had called it before this.

Cheers all!

John

Here's the link to the post;

• Looks very close, but I would also say bond's henley is more of a bright white than an off white

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

John explains his thinking on Iconic Alternatives so you need to read the website.

• Okay, I read the article. If this is the same henley Swann wears on the balcony, perhaps we can get some better pictures. There are some significant details to the A&S henley not mentioned yet that would make it easy to spot. It's called a "knitted henley" I will upload a photo. The waist has a ribbed band and around the shoulders has some fringe or details common to knit wear and also a little by the neck...

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Received the Barbour Covert today. Initially, I wasn’t very behind getting yet another jacket as I‘m not the Bond-cosplayer (excuse the pun) like others. 😈

But boy am I happy with that. It‘s a great lightweight jacket perfect for Indian summer nights, easy to dress up or down with it. And with the voucher for 50€ less it’s a no-brainer.

Highly recommended!

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I believe David Zaritsky said the henley was linen in one of his videos. The A&S is made of linen.

• You are 100% a cosplayer and you know it, in fact, I bet you are at comic con right now. Please upload any photos of any good-looking catwomen you might see walking around the place. Thanks in advance.

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

He does say that, and suggests he already knows the manufacture and they will be released after the film. Will be interesting to see if it's indeed marketed after the film comes out.

I hope it's NOT the A&S one personally, as $300 USD for a henley is a bit extreme, but I suppose none of this stuff is cheap!

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

I think you're definitely on to something John. The way the A&S henley looks with top button unfastened in this mrporter listing is dead on exactly wwhat Bond's henley looks like (albeit the long sleeve version): https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/product/anderson-sheppard/clothing/long-sleeve-t-shirts/linen-henley-t-shirt/13452677150968021

The only concern I have is the lack of an easily detectable bottom hem band in the pap shots we have:

I'm not saying there is no band. Its just not clear.

Anderson & Sheppard would also make sense for the time as DC was wearing lots their stuff around then.

edited September 2021

Thanks for the info Cheverian. Yes, its pretty confusing. There does seem to be some disagreement over whether the Tanicus run small or true to size. The size I ordered are somewhere between one half size and one full size above my regular sneaker size. Really hoping they fit, whenever they're actually delivered.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

The Tanicus run small

They are very snug and narrow.

I went down a half size for the mountain light II and wide, and went up half a size for the tanicus

Hi all. Sorry had a crazy day so I haven't been able to follow up much until now. @Bond_Ambitions and @trigger_finger I hear what you're saying and I agree there are still some questions (that's why I'm trying to be clear that this is just speculation on my part). If it is an A&S short sleeve version, but in a custom white color, then there is also the question of the ribbed banding around the sleeve cuffs, which I don't think Bond's one has (they look too open and loose to me). Assuming Swann is supposed to be wearing Bond's henley, this photo gives a better idea of the sleeve design:

That's why I was thinking it was the long sleeve version but with the sleeves shortened by the costume department.

As for the banding around the hem, that was less of a problem for me. There is a banded hem but it doesn't look to be very tight. Again a photo of Swann and that product shot from Mr. Porter helps show that:

So it could hang lower or be pulled up to sit at the waist as Bond wears it in the photos you shared. I guess it depends on how it's styled and if the costume department did some other minor alterations at the bottom of the shirt as well depending on who was wearing it.

The main thing for me was the color. In the most recent high res image of Bond wearing it from the Connolly promo, the color looks almost optic white. And the A&S one is off-white/ivory. But we all know how website product photos can shift colors one way or another. Maybe it is closer to true white IRL or in bright sun?

By the way, The Rake also has the A&S shirt for $290/196GBP (that price for the UK does NOT include VAT) with all sizes in stock.

So about $60 less expensive than Mr. P.

Sorry for this, but I'll add it one last time: I am not saying "This is the shirt!" I think it comes really, really close. But there definitely are still some unanswered questions. And in no way do I have any official or unofficial confirmation (no one ever tells me anything! 🤣). This is all just based on my research and digging around. So I'd hate to see anyone rush out and buy it (although I'm sure it's a beautiful shirt!) and then we get a Bond Experience video or a What's Daniel Wearing IG post telling us it was from Brunello Cucinelli or Tom Ford all along.

Cheers!

John

• Also I e-mailed A&S, and without going into too much detail, there is a very good "chance" 😉 they are the brand of the short sleeve henley,

But before people go buy the long sleeve version and chop off the arms, you might want to hold off, and wait for A&S to release the

short sleeve version. 😉

Hi all. Sorry had a crazy day so I haven't been able to follow up much until now. @Bond_Ambitions and @trigger_finger I hear what you're saying and I agree there are still some questions (that's why I'm trying to be clear that this is just speculation on my part). If it is an A&S short sleeve version, but in a custom white color, then there is also the question of the ribbed banding around the sleeve cuffs, which I don't think Bond's one has (they look too open and loose to me). Assuming Swann is supposed to be wearing Bond's henley, this photo gives a better idea of the sleeve design:

That's why I was thinking it was the long sleeve version but with the sleeves shortened by the costume department.

As for the banding around the hem, that was less of a problem for me. There is a banded hem but it doesn't look to be very tight. Again a photo of Swann and that product shot from Mr. Porter helps show that:

So it could hang lower or be pulled up to sit at the waist as Bond wears it in the photos you shared. I guess it depends on how it's styled and if the costume department did some other minor alterations at the bottom of the shirt as well depending on who was wearing it.

The main thing for me was the color. In the most recent high res image of Bond wearing it from the Connolly promo, the color looks almost optic white. And the A&S one is off-white/ivory. But we all know how website product photos can shift colors one way or another. Maybe it is closer to true white IRL or in bright sun?

By the way, The Rake also has the A&S shirt for $290/196GBP (that price for the UK does NOT include VAT) with all sizes in stock.

Anderson & Sheppard Off-White Linen Knitted

Henley Shirt

https://therake.com/anderson-and-sheppard-off-white-linen-knitted-henley-shirt.html

A brilliant addition to your summer wardrobe, this linen Henley shirt features long sleeves and a relaxed fit. It’s knitted texture will keep you cool in the heat and looks…

So about $60 less expensive than Mr. P.

Sorry for this, but I'll add it one last time: I am not saying "This is the shirt!" I think it comes really, really close. But there definitely are still some unanswered questions. And in no way do I have any official or unofficial confirmation (no one ever tells me anything! 🤣). This is all just based on my research and digging around. So I'd hate to see anyone rush out and buy it (although I'm sure it's a beautiful shirt!) and then we get a Bond Experience video or a What's Daniel Wearing IG post telling us it was from Brunello Cucinelli or Tom Ford all along.

Cheers!

John

Thanks for the info Cheverian. Yes, its pretty confusing. There does seem to be some disagreement over whether the Tanicus runs small or true to size. The size I ordered is somewhere between one half size and one full size above my regular sneaker size. Really hoping they fit, whenever they're actually delivered.

And yes please, some pics of the commando outfit would be great!

edited September 2021

There is a tip toeing around and a keeping it vague vibe, I probably shouldn't read into it too much, but if I get an official word,

I'll let everyone know. I've never understood why some people who already know these things keep it a secret...I can only

assume it's so they can find the items in their size before everyone is rushing to grab them up, who knows.

edited September 2021

And I agree with canoe2...

The sleeves are way too relaxed and loose to be ribbed or tapered in.

But they could have given Swann a larger size to wear than Bond wears in order to make sure it looks more like sleep wear,

and to make sure it covers her buns.

If it's not an A&S henley, then the A&S is by far the closest match I've seen yet.