No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    Here is the LL Bean “wooly pully”.

100% merino lambs wool.
    B07-F24-CE-BB66-4-AE0-B46-F-1-ECF18-A09987.jpg

This version looks good and merino wool will probably make it more bearable than the original 'wooly pully'. I'm really struggling with the idea of getting one having served in the British army for years - at least the absence of epaulettes might help!
    TW Kempten has one without epaulettes. I ordered it but it still has not arrived. I also struggled about the epaulettes and versatile use in private life.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I will be doing a frugal Bond review on this 100% cotton version that I just received....James Bond Classified discovered it and I have to say I am impressed with the quality. And no itchiness! And did I mention it's $26 on Amazon?!? You need to size down as these run large...so I ordered a medium.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P1DY1VY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot-10.png
  • Craigisbond25Craigisbond25 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I will be doing a frugal Bond review on this 100% cotton version that I just received....James Bond Classified discovered it and I have to say I am impressed with the quality. And no itchiness! And did I mention it's $26 on Amazon?!? You need to size down as these run large...so I ordered a medium.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P1DY1VY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot-10.png

Awesome, will have to wait for your review. Was debating on that one, or the TW Kempton on amazon as well

https://www.amazon.com/British-Commando-Sweater-Woolly-Pully/dp/B01MRIBYKU
    edited December 2019
    Double post as well
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    As i am currently serving in the Royal Navy i already have my own jumper may try and draw another lol
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Here is the LL Bean “wooly pully”.

100% merino lambs wool.
    B07-F24-CE-BB66-4-AE0-B46-F-1-ECF18-A09987.jpg

How is the fit on that one? I bought one off of Amazon and it is super tight under the arms, quality is good though.
    KH

I tried one on and they seem to run large. Bit of a broader fit.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    what a small effort for 45 Dollars
    two stickers and a card and lets say its a LE. yeah but still available anywhere.
    and I dont like the "007" which is written on the outside, its just too obvious and says...sorry it screams: "Im a rich bondfanboy and I want the world to know" like the horrible Louis Vuitton bags. I think it doesnt match with the bondstyle which is unobtrusive/classy and the fact that you can buy it in the 007-Accessoirs shop makes it even more unattractive, so easy to get and so mainstream now :/ but I like PB and I like the Glasses, I think I will buy the standard-version
    111-CCA56-550-A-45-B3-BF80-2-ED237824-E68.jpg

251-EE730-30-FF-4-F37-9-C44-5248-F0-C05950.jpg

5-B581-D62-BFE2-41-D8-A62-B-9-F354-DD14-A49.jpg

64313-B5-D-D39-B-4968-8-C48-C129-DC79-E646.jpg

68-BD2032-1150-472-A-8-DF0-34-F3-CD6-E49-E7.jpg

A61374-FA-CD55-42-C7-8-B83-9-CB5-EE29-D69-B.jpg

D6-ACB808-FC4-F-4479-8115-E629215-A9-E15.png

E5-E90-FC3-BB8-F-4-D32-9291-31-EC2-A0-B983-E.jpg

F49-C0133-E6-D8-4270-860-C-E4069-DC44-E67.jpg
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent

Screenshot-10.png

David what size did you end up going with? Since I've lost a lot of weight I've noticed we're essentially the same size now. Like a 39-40 jacket and 31-32 waist. I went ahead and bought a medium and small since some reviews said it ran big. Looking forward to the review!
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
    You ABSOLUTELY want a small....these wear big and the small gave me room like the poster but looks the part at the same time.

hcantrell wrote:

Screenshot-10.png

David what size did you end up going with? Since I've lost a lot of weight I've noticed we're essentially the same size now. Like a 39-40 jacket and 31-32 waist. I went ahead and bought a medium and small since some reviews said it ran big. Looking forward to the review!
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    MrDalton wrote:
    Received my Supply jacket. I ordered a medium before reading these are really slim fit. I typically take a medium. It fits, but if I put on 5 pounds I may have a problem. Trying to decide if I should send it back for a large. I’m in Florida so I wear a lot of jackets over a t shirt, so this would work that way. But absolutely no layering underneath. And for reference I’m a 40” suit jacket all day long, 5’11” 175lbs.

And how does it fit in the arms? It looks also tight there and although I tipically wear M the arms are always my biggest concern as mine are quite big...
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    Victor B wrote:
    MrDalton wrote:
    Received my Supply jacket. I ordered a medium before reading these are really slim fit. I typically take a medium. It fits, but if I put on 5 pounds I may have a problem. Trying to decide if I should send it back for a large. I’m in Florida so I wear a lot of jackets over a t shirt, so this would work that way. But absolutely no layering underneath. And for reference I’m a 40” suit jacket all day long, 5’11” 175lbs.

And how does it fit in the arms? It looks also tight there and although I tipically wear M the arms are always my biggest concern as mine are quite big...

You might have some issues there. I work out but have a runner's body, with slim biceps and its a snug fit. I've tried this thing on 20 times trying to decide. I could easily take a large, would allow a little more room, but the medium fits, it's just very slim fitted. If I had decent biceps I think you'd be approaching the sausage look. Likewise, I feel restriction across my shoulders if I move my arms into a driving position. If I was going to be active in this jacket or do some physical work, no way would a medium work. As street wear, a medium gives a really slim smart look.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    what a small effort for 45 Dollars
    two stickers and a card and lets say its a LE. yeah but still available anywhere.
    and I dont like the "007" which is written on the outside, its just too obvious and says...sorry it screams: "Im a rich bondfanboy and I want the world to know" like the horrible Louis Vuitton bags. I think it doesnt match with the bondstyle which is rather decent/classy and the fact that you can buy it in the 007-Accessoirs shop makes it even more unattractive, so easy to get and so mainstream now :/ but I like PB and I like the Glasses, I think I will buy the standard-version
    111-CCA56-550-A-45-B3-BF80-2-ED237824-E68.jpg

251-EE730-30-FF-4-F37-9-C44-5248-F0-C05950.jpg

5-B581-D62-BFE2-41-D8-A62-B-9-F354-DD14-A49.jpg

64313-B5-D-D39-B-4968-8-C48-C129-DC79-E646.jpg

68-BD2032-1150-472-A-8-DF0-34-F3-CD6-E49-E7.jpg

A61374-FA-CD55-42-C7-8-B83-9-CB5-EE29-D69-B.jpg

D6-ACB808-FC4-F-4479-8115-E629215-A9-E15.png

E5-E90-FC3-BB8-F-4-D32-9291-31-EC2-A0-B983-E.jpg

F49-C0133-E6-D8-4270-860-C-E4069-DC44-E67.jpg

Regarding the logo I was told it was etched into the arm but if it is in fact a sticker then I'm going to probably call and swap my order for the standard version as I'm definitely not a fan of the 007 logo being on the outside of the arm. I wish the logo was a little more discreet like the Tom Ford TF108's! Who decided to put the logo there obviously does not understand Bond fans.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Regarding the logo I was told it was etched into the arm but if it is in fact a sticker then I'm going to probably call and swap my order for the standard version as I'm definitely not a fan of the 007 logo being on the outside of the arm. I wish the logo was a little more discreet like the Tom Ford TF108's! Who decided to put the logo there obviously does not understand Bond fans.
    Part of the enduring appeal of the character, and indeed his portrayal by Daniel Craig is the understated elegance that is inherent within. I'm also definitely too old for clothes with words on them.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Im gonna pass on the BP “007” branded version and stick to the non-branded glass lens SA Pre-order.

I use Bond items in my daily life to have that subtle connection. Not as a walking advertisement of the 007 brand.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Im gonna pass on the BP “007” branded version and stick to the non-branded glass lens SA Pre-order.

I use Bond items in my daily life to have that subtle connection. Not as a walking advertisement of the 007 brand.

I have to concur. The 007 on the arm draws the wrong kind of attention. A subtle nod is the key. Imagine if the Menlo or the RGT had a 007 label on the pocket :o The horror!
    Murder | Employment.
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:

I have to concur. The 007 on the arm draws the wrong kind of attention. A subtle nod is the key. Imagine if the Menlo or the RGT had a 007 label on the pocket :o The horror!
    Exactly
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Part of the enduring appeal of the character, and indeed his portrayal by Daniel Craig is the understated elegance that is inherent within. I'm also definitely too old for clothes with words on them.

Granted I'm not that old (I just turned 38 in October) but I've always appreciated things that are understated as I don't like to draw attention to myself. I don't have a problem with a branding on a product as long as it's subtle and more and more than likely people will not notice it but its gonna annoy me! They should have announced what the glasses would look like with 007 branding before so changes could have been made BEFORE productiin. My final issue is that it bothers me that these glasses are supposed to be limited edition and per Noi they really are not unless Barton Perreira is only making enough LE's to satisfy the order? Maybe it's just me but I think a lot of companies have forgotten what "limited edition" means!
    A subtle nod which is only noticable for the owner! Outside is just too aggressive. I have already changed my order at Chakshus and they had huge understanding for going back to the "SA" Version, they said it was announced to be on the inside arm. They have a great customer-service and the exchange was no problem at all :-)
    Noi wrote:
    A subtle nod which is only noticable for the owner! Outside is just too aggressive. I have already changed my order at Chakshus and they had huge understanding for going back to the "SA" Version, they said it was announced to be on the inside arm. They have a great customer-service and the exchange was no problem at all :-)

I wholeheartedly agree with! I'm going to email Barton Perreira in a bit and get clarification on the temple logo to see what it is an engraving or sticker and to see when production will start because maybe just maybe there is a way to get the LE with a more subtle branding or eliminated entirely from the arm.
    I believe it is etched. As I am always one to want screen accurate pieces I will wear my sunglasses without the 007 logo but may get one of the branded ones for collection sake.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Noi wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with! I'm going to email Barton Perreira in a bit and get clarification on the temple logo to see what it is an engraving or sticker and to see when production will start because maybe just maybe there is a way to get the LE with a more subtle branding or eliminated entirely from the arm.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

Me too
    They are a top company to deal with
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    edited December 2019
    So my Rogue Territory Supply XL has arrived and I Def need a L....

So before I return the XL...

If anyone is UK based and has a L that they feel is too small Id swap.

Or if anyone wants an XL I will sell it for what I paid, with postage and discount code it will be better priced than the upcoming resupplies. Brand new with tags, tried on once today when it arrived.
    Chest 23 inches p2p.
    Arms 26.5 shoulder seam to end of cuff.
    Given no lining I feel the XL suits a 43-44 inch chest.
    £250 posted within UK. PayPal fnf.
    Will return Saturday for refund if nobody wants it so let me know asap....

DSC-2798.jpg

DSC-2796.jpg

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Noi wrote:

Me too

M how did your jacket fit in the XL?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Noi wrote:

Me too

M how did your jacket fit in the XL?

Just arrived, too big I need a L
    XL probs perfect for you buddy

• TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent

Screenshot-10.png
    I hesitated - went back, and now the price is $75!!! :/
    Traveler wrote:

Screenshot-10.png
    I hesitated - went back, and now the price is $75!!! :/

I figured that would happen so as soon as I saw David’s post I grabbed a medium and small. Based on his response earlier I’ll probably be returning the medium or selling it on here if someone wants to buy it here. I promise I won’t charge $75 bucks if that’s what they’re up to now haha. That’s crazy.
    Found this while browsing good old ebay. I have no idea of the quality and the sizing might be kind of tricky but it looks pretty good for an alternative for the Rogue Territory Supply Jacket.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F312747560026
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    An anyone take a education guess to what size DC’s Rogue jacket would be?
    edited December 2019
    MikeG77 wrote:

a smart and good idea to contact BP first and ask for it! I think too that its etched. the sticker was just a contemptuous commentary, cant imagine a highclass brand like BP sticks 007-logos on their glasses and when the first rain comes: good bye unique selling point.
    like you already mentioned Mike I'm unsure its a real LE. it seems you can always buy the LE if you paid 45 dollars more especially when they offer them in the 007-Accessoirsshop now. like the Matchless: 700 pieces! go and battle for it! haha just kidding: re-release! ok thats another story but it would be great if you could give us an update if they response. thanks in advance!