No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:
    Just some quick pics...medium is perfect for me and small would have been way too small. But I think you all realize how to size on these now. Also it’s important to note how you are built so this will flatter wide shouldered people (like Craig)....
    77-B58-F0-A-810-F-4-DD3-A388-D649-CC14-A656.jpg

8-D09-D75-C-474-C-4123-96-BD-3-FC622628-BC8.jpg

9468-F43-D-6-DC8-48-BA-B30-C-E880843045-E2.jpg

99450607-D88-A-4120-A719-01-AE45-DF9-B99.jpg
    Finally I’m ahead of the curve! I bought this jacket from Stag in Austin 18 months ago. {[] bit like when DC was seen wearing the York trainers I use too. :))

what do you mean by the comment "I think you all know how to size these now?" I'm considering one, but am totally up in the air as far as sizing, any help/input would be greatly appreciated.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    According to Alexander Olch’s instagram the custom made width for the film is 3.5” (a bit wider than I expected). https://lviewer.net/p/B50w3FNJ8mh Thanks to Snorpley for letting me know about the post.

For anyone that’s not keen on the 3.5” width and doesn’t mind about it not being 100% SA, the Olch site offers the tie in 3” as well as 2.5” and 2”.

Well I stand corrected :s
    I know where you keep your gun!
    bosoxfan wrote:
    ExpatJB wrote:
    Just some quick pics...medium is perfect for me and small would have been way too small. But I think you all realize how to size on these now. Also it’s important to note how you are built so this will flatter wide shouldered people (like Craig)....
    77-B58-F0-A-810-F-4-DD3-A388-D649-CC14-A656.jpg

8-D09-D75-C-474-C-4123-96-BD-3-FC622628-BC8.jpg

9468-F43-D-6-DC8-48-BA-B30-C-E880843045-E2.jpg

99450607-D88-A-4120-A719-01-AE45-DF9-B99.jpg
    Finally I’m ahead of the curve! I bought this jacket from Stag in Austin 18 months ago. {[] bit like when DC was seen wearing the York trainers I use too. :))

what do you mean by the comment "I think you all know how to size these now?" I'm considering one, but am totally up in the air as far as sizing, any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

If you've watched any of The Bond Experience clothing videos you'd understand what he means but let me explain it for you. If you use his measurements where he's a 40/41 chest and 31 waist you can get an idea of how to size this jacket for yourself. Worse case scenario you do what I did and order both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. If that's not something you wanna do then I'd reach out to Rogue Territory and ask them for physical measurements and then compare those measurements to a jacket you already own. Hopefully that helps!
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    If you've watched any of The Bond Experience clothing videos you'd understand what he means but let me explain it for you. If you use his measurements where he's a 40/41 chest and 31 waist you can get an idea of how to size this jacket for yourself. Worse case scenario you do what I did and order both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. If that's not something you wanna do then I'd reach out to Rogue Territory and ask them for physical measurements and then compare those measurements to a jacket you already own. Hopefully that helps!
    This. Unless David looks like a busted can o' biscuits in whatever he's reviewing, I know I'll typically fit in one size larger than his.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    ....And speaking of wardrobe.... check out this video: https://youtu.be/nOP9M596xg8

Our newest video on our YouTube channel focuses on the No Time To Die Bond in Motion display. You will see vehicles, props, and wardrobe from No Time To Die! Special thanks to Marcus Mills for this sneak peek at Bond in Motion's latest exhibit at the London Film Museum.

bim-final-final-final-vlog.jpg
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Guys, is there a good way of softening up the RGT Supply jacket from out of the packaging? I’ve unfolded it but as it’s canvas is pretty stiff. Is there a tried and tested way of softening a sucker like this up? It’s a bit cold here in the UK to wear it out, unless I layer it beneath something else.
    Excuse the collar, still needs some training:

1-A49-F162-16-F2-4-F6-E-93-E1-98-ED474-CB7-F0.jpg
    Murder | Employment.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    ....And speaking of wardrobe.... check out this video: https://youtu.be/nOP9M596xg8

Our newest video on our YouTube channel focuses on the No Time To Die Bond in Motion display. You will see vehicles, props, and wardrobe from No Time To Die! Special thanks to Marcus Mills for this sneak peek at Bond in Motion's latest exhibit at the London Film Museum.

That's fun: thanks for that. I like how he doesn't give a toss about the Aston V8! :D
    So fun how they've got the guns working on the DB5- I always kind of wanted that in a Bond car exhibit- it'd be so good if they could get some of the gadgets popping out on their cars.

I wonder if the projected numberplate gives a hint of it being used in the film? Can the plates just somehow change themselves like that?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The plates on this Aston change digitally rather than flipping like the classic version.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Not that I needed an excuse but I’ll definitely re-visit Bond in Motion in London on Friday as I have some spare time in the city.

Any requests for pics etc let me know :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    To be clear; that’s not pics of me.........was more thinking any of the exhibits B-)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I've put together a guide to the tailored clothes in No Time to Die on my website: https://www.bondsuits.com/a-sartorial-guide-to-no-time-to-die/

I'd like to thank people here for identifying many of the items, and I gave AJB007 a shout out at the beginning of the article, along with a few important people in the community.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Craigisbond25Craigisbond25 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    no-time-to-die-ben-whishaw-poster-1.jpg

Can anyone I.D. this shirt Q is wearing?
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Looks like a rag&bone FIT 2 Tomline Oxford Shirt, just a guess
    color and buttons change from season to season

Tomlin3.jpg
  • HG1940HG1940 Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

That's fun: thanks for that. I like how he doesn't give a toss about the Aston V8! :D
    So fun how they've got the guns working on the DB5- I always kind of wanted that in a Bond car exhibit- it'd be so good if they could get some of the gadgets popping out on their cars.

I wonder if the projected numberplate gives a hint of it being used in the film? Can the plates just somehow change themselves like that?

thanks for the vid. The land rover dos not have power steering. What year is it? I like that in classic cars. Very fun and rugged. Love defenders

Cheers
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    That Rag & Bone shirt doesn't have the red tones like Q's shirt.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Hi. Despite being my first entry, I have being following the thread since long time. I've already posted this on Matt S. blog, but maybe you can find something too.

I need your expertise about the tuxedo worn in NTTD.
    I surely know we’ll have to wait the film to be shown for more details, but I came across a Sun article with a very interesting photo (I put the link below). In the photo were Daniel is clapping his hands, we can see a glimpse of the cuffs and it looks like he’s sporting Dr.No cuffs like Connery did in Thunderball.
    Do you think it’s a possibility or a simple optical effect due to the low quality of picture?
    Please let me know.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10218369/daniel-craig-goodbye-james-bond/amp/
    Hi. Despite being my first entry, I have being following the thread since long time. I've already posted this on Matt S. blog, but maybe you can find something too.

I need your expertise about the tuxedo worn in NTTD.
    I surely know we’ll have to wait the film to be shown for more details, but I came across a Sun article with a very interesting photo (I put the link below). In the photo were Daniel is clapping his hands, we can see a glimpse of the cuffs and it looks like he’s sporting Dr.No cuffs like Connery did in Thunderball.
    Do you think it’s a possibility or a simple optical effect due to the low quality of picture?
    Please let me know.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10218369/daniel-craig-goodbye-james-bond/amp/

You have a good eye! I'm sure that's a cocktail cuff.

What I'm trying to figure out is if the shirt has a pique bib or if the shirt is a textured cotton. It's unusual to have regular buttons (and cocktail cuffs) rather than studs with a pique bib shirt.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    That's exactly what I thought when saw the picture!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    The cuffs are visible on the poster, aren't they?
    emtiem wrote:
    The cuffs are visible on the poster, aren't they?

You can see that the jacket has gauntlet cuffs, but you can only see the front of the shirt's cuffs, so it's impossible to tell what type of cuffs the shirt has from the poster.
    edited December 2019
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    My contact at one of the UK stockists got the info from BP. Id originally emailed BP direct via their site, they were really helpful putting me in contact with the biggest UK official stockist, who was then really helpful too.
    Just email BP for your nearest stockist that will receive an allocation (not all stockists are)...

So i emailed Barton Perreira directly over the weekend in regards to ordering the Joe sunglasses and i didn't hear anything from them. I ended up calling BP directly and they advised me to call my nearest stockist but they are not open on Mondays :# By a stroke of luck i got an email from Glenn at the NYC Barton Perreira location advising that if i want a pair it is best to pre-order now as there is a lot interest in the Joe's and he could not guarantee my local stockist would be carrying them! We addressed sizing and he said they are very similar to the Tom Ford Snowdons in overall size but he mentioned that if someone needs a bigger frame they can look at the Heptone which has a 54mm lense a slightly smaller bridge at 19mm, the lenses are polarized and not made of mineral glass. The only with the Heptone is that Barton Perreira no longer make that frame at this time so you'll need to hunt around for a pair from a stockist!

Update:

Here are 2 sites for where you can get the Heptone's....

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/barton-perreira-mens-heptone-acetate-sunglasses-prod143510068?ecid=BGCS__GooglePLA&utm_source=google_shopping&adpos=1o3&scid=scplpsku113580367&sc_intid=sku113580367&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0pPn462p5gIVBrbICh0CGQVbEAQYAyABEgJ6kvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/barton-perreira-mens-heptone-acetate-sunglasses-prod216920306?ecid=NMCS__GooglePLA&utm_source=google_shopping&adpos=1o2&scid=scplpsku183381505&sc_intid=sku183381505&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-PSEnbOp5gIVDSsMCh2cugS6EAQYAiABEgIUPvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I spoke with a nice woman at Alexander Olch today and, as you might guess, they have been overwhelmed with orders for the Avery tie. So far they still have the SA 3.5" in stock, but I'm not sure for how long.
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    Just received my rag and bone henley. I got mine off Poshmark, which is a site/app where you can sell clothes. I paid $20 plus $6.79 shipping for the screen accurate one. Used but like new. Just an FYI if anyone hasn't checked that out before.

As an on topic matter, I went with a size small based off what I read here. I am 5'11" 175 pounds, 40" jacket and 32" waist. I haven't worn a small in anything in a long time, but I would suggest ordering down for this one as it fits great.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    MrDalton wrote:
    Just received my rag and bone henley. I got mine off Poshmark, which is a site/app where you can sell clothes. I paid $20 plus $6.79 shipping for the screen accurate one. Used but like new. Just an FYI if anyone hasn't checked that out before.

As an on topic matter, I went with a size small based off what I read here. I am 5'11" 175 pounds, 40" jacket and 32" waist. I haven't worn a small in anything in a long time, but I would suggest ordering down for this one as it fits great.
    I don't remember seeing but was the Mr. Porter one confirmed to be SA?
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    Well, i received Rogue Territory Supply Jacket tonight. the sizing on this guy.. is weird. i'm 5'10" 175lbs. 42" chest fairly muscular. i take a medium in a lot of things. i'm right on the cusp of medium and large. my Barbour Beacon is a large.
    either way, i went with a large and it's... tough. i'm notoriously indecisive.

the sleeve length is good, and with a t-shirt under it, it seems to be a fairly screen accurate fit. but i couldn't put a hoodie under this if i tried. it fits like a t-shirt almost, like the shoulder seam hits right on my shoulder bone as it should. i just didn't realize that bond was unable to move while wearing this jacket.

wasn't there talk of stretch, also? either on their website or stag provisions? i'll have to get some pictures up but i might be looking to trade for an extra large in the near future. then doubting that decision and trading back.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    MrDalton wrote:

I'm not sure there's been any confirmation at all regarding the henley other then its more then likely Rag & Bone.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Well, i received Rogue Territory Supply Jacket tonight. the sizing on this guy.. is weird. i'm 5'10" 175lbs. 42" chest fairly muscular. i take a medium in a lot of things. i'm right on the cusp of medium and large. my Barbour Beacon is a large.

the sleeve length is good, and with a t-shirt under it, it seems to be a fairly screen accurate fit. but i couldn't put a hoodie under this if i tried. it fits like a t-shirt almost, like the shoulder seam hits right on my shoulder bone as it should. i just didn't realize that bond was unable to move while wearing this jacket.

Good post.

You and I are pretty much the same size. From what I gleaned from RT's measurements, I would've chosen an XL based strictly off of my best fitting Royale Filmwear numbers. The shoulders alone would be too tight for me on the Large. The predicted half inch of stretch wouldn't be enough to sway my decision.

While we always strive for that DC-accurate fit, remember what looks good on screen isn't always comfortable or practical. Exactly why there's often different sizes of the same garment on set.

I would definitely roll the dice on that XL. Let us know how it goes!
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    MrDalton wrote:

I'm not sure there's been any confirmation at all regarding the henley other then its more then likely Rag & Bone.

I misspoke and apologize, it’s a rag and bone Henley in slub, I guess I thought I had read somewhere that was the one. Screen accurate or not, it falls into the “close enough” camp for me and is a great shirt.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MrDalton wrote:

I misspoke and apologize, it’s a rag and bone Henley in slub, I guess I thought I had read somewhere that was the one. Screen accurate or not, it falls into the “close enough” camp for me and is a great shirt.

Well the one that is believed to be screen accurate is slub, so you might have the right one. However there is also another R&B model which is close to, but not, SA which I believe is slub as well. The SA model is the Standard Issue slub cotton henley which features the two tone worn looking metal buttons, whereas the non SA model is the Core long sleeve slub henley which features three white plastic (I think) buttons.

Tried to upload a pic of both but postimg isn’t working for me right now.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:

Good post.

You and I are pretty much the same size. From what I gleaned from RT's measurements, I would've chosen an XL based strictly off of my best fitting Royale Filmwear numbers. The shoulders alone would be too tight for me on the Large. The predicted half inch of stretch wouldn't be enough to sway my decision.

While we always strive for that DC-accurate fit, remember what looks good on screen isn't always comfortable or practical. Exactly why there's often different sizes of the same garment on set.

I would definitely roll the dice on that XL. Let us know how it goes!

And always remember DC'S will be tailored given his shape.

But such a good point re wearing these pieces in real world.

Im a 41_42 chest and 34 waist, XL arrives later today so we will see
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.