Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited February 2019
    I think too this thread has suffered from a “boy who cries wolf” problem. There has just been SO many bad posts where the poster swears they have found some Bond 25 news and it turns out not to be related at all (“Barbara Broccoli was spotted in the supermarket - IT’S A CLUE IT’S A CLUE!”).

You can only post those so many times before it turns even the most hardcore fan off from wanting to spend time wading through it all. Your enthusiasm is commendable but it CAN be overdone, and it sounds like others agree with me when I say it definitely has been.

As Peppermill said, “The way things are discussed here isn't my cup of tea.”
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    I just can't be bothered. I scroll through this topic once in a while to see if there is any real news. So far it is mostly speculation upon speculation. The way things are discussed here isn't my cup of tea so I refrain from responding myself. When there is some real news to report, like a title or a press conference announcement, my interest might be spiked a bit more. However, the 5 year gap between the last movie and Bond 25 doesn’t really help to keep my interest levels high.

I'm interested in your comment 'the way things are discussed ' can you elaborate? although as you are not fond of it I guess that you would prefer not to. Perhaps a better way of asking is 'how would you like things to be discussed here? Genuine question BTW and not trying to start a row, or score points but interested in your views.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I think it’s a case of too little oxygen in the room. Eon has kepts its leaks to an absolute minimum. And there has been just so little to be excited about up to now. No title, no big casting news, no plot teases, and the returning cast (I’m thinking of Lea) hasn’t necessarily stirred great enthusiasm, especially from those who didn’t care for SPECTRE. In that vacuum you can only talk about what you’d like to see happen and that doesn’t interest me personally.

I expect that everything will change in the coming weeks and this forum will become very active indeed.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    I just can't be bothered. I scroll through this topic once in a while to see if there is any real news. So far it is mostly speculation upon speculation. The way things are discussed here isn't my cup of tea so I refrain from responding myself. When there is some real news to report, like a title or a press conference announcement, my interest might be spiked a bit more. However, the 5 year gap between the last movie and Bond 25 doesn’t really help to keep my interest levels high.

I do try and contribute to help keep the conversation going, but I must confess that it's a bit of a struggle especially as my interest in 25 would be more intense if we had a new bond and a new Bond girl. However if we must have them both then I hope it's a really good one.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think too this thread has suffered from a “boy who cries wolf” problem. There has just been SO many bad posts where the poster swears they have found some Bond 25 news and it turns out not to be related at all (“Barbara Broccoli was spotted in the supermarket - IT’S A CLUE IT’S A CLUE!”).

You can only post those so many times before it turns even the most hardcore fan off from wanting to spend time wading through it all. Your enthusiasm is commendable but it CAN be overdone, and it sounds like others agree with me when I say it definitely has been.

As Peppermill said, “The way things are discussed here isn't my cup of tea.”

If you think this thread is bad, you should lurk around in MI6Community a bit :))
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Understandable. Delft looks like a beautiful place. Continenetal Europe has so many beautiful towns and cities that could be Bond locations. Norway is blessed with a lot of nature, but most of our towns are unremarkable architectually speaking.

The Netherlands does have some beautiful cities like Delft. There's much more than Amsterdam, but I don't think the general public really cares about the rest of the country. What they could do i just use stand-in places as Amsterdam. Like the trainstation in Haarlem, it's very nice and can just replace Amsterdam Central Station. But as much as I'd like it, I don't really think Bond will come to the Netherlands soon. It's not very exotic and we're quite a dull country, we aren't as "dangerous" as Russia or North-Korea.

Link to the wikipedia article about Haarlem Central Station: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Station_Haarlem
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
    Norway is usually very safe too, but it looks like Bond will visit later this year anyway. Cortina, Venice and Iceland aren't considered dangerous, but they all ended up as Bond locations. Don't give up hope :007)
    BTW:I hope the DutchBondFan youtube channel will visit Norway during the production :D
    edited February 2019
    "So, Greece is scheduled to host a part of the film as well. I am not sure how extended the scene is but it is most definitely substantial as EON was negotiating during the summer with the SNFCC in Athens to use their location. The SNFCC is a huge cultural center that hosts Greece's National Library and National Opera as well as a big park and canal. It is a fantastic location. I haven't had the opportunity to follow the negotiations until their outcome but i know that the SNFCC's management were very positive and willing to make it happen so my guess is that most likely it is a done deal. I am not under an NDA but people i know took part in the negotiations so don't ask me about my sources."
    Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/amkycw/since_everyone_is_leaking_info_about_the_next/

The location is said to be Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre in Athens

SNFCC_MarcSimmons-Overall-Building-Dusk-IMG_3670_EDIT_01_WEB.jpg
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    BTW:I hope the DutchBondFan youtube channel will visit Norway during the production :D

You mean Goldfinger on AJB here? Well the Netherlands and two different countries and you can't just drive to Norway. He could fly ofcourse but I don't think Jeroen will do that. Flying from Friesland (the disctrict/province where he lives) to Norway is quite a trip.
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
    We'll see. I think Tom and Chris in Jamesbondradio said something about visiting a location during fiming this time, maybe Norway. I hope they do and I hope I can too. Not that my standing can campare with the two of them.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    "So, Greece is scheduled to host a part of the film as well. I am not sure how extended the scene is but it is most definitely substantial as EON was negotiating during the summer with the SNFCC in Athens to use their location.

The location is said to be Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre in Athens

As negotiations were in the summer, that could have been Boyle's period. Fukunaga's script with Purvis & Wade may have no need for this centre.
    Yes. And going all the way to Greece for that building seems exessive. I'm sure they could find something in Britain.
    Number24 wrote:
    Yes. And going all the way to Greece for that building seems exessive. I'm sure they could find something in Britain.

Quantum's scenes in Austria were only for that opera house.

If the Greek location is retained for Fukunaga's Bond25 maybe they want a Spectre meeting like Quantum's Opera scene?

Looking at pictures of the Greek cultural center it may be able to double for all sorts of scenes, from a theatre to an office block. It even has a marina.
    https://goo.gl/e51dL6

And yes, I'm sure they could find something in the UK like that Greek place.
    Are we sure the Dakota Fanning rumour isn't confusing that Dakota with Dakota Johnson?

Here she is photographed with Babs Broccoli at The Academy Of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences Women's Initiative Lunch at Claridge's Hotel in London held in October 2018.
    https://twitter.com/cherryredpop_/status/1051868393962233856
    That's it. The cultural center in Athens simply isn't as unique as the opera in Bregenz. The Greece location story can of course be true, but I'm sceptical. I'm even more sceptical of the Dakota Fanning/Emma Stone story. The Italian location story is something a media outlet in Italy can discover, and honestly it looks so good I hope it's true. I know Italy has had more than its fair share of locations in Craig's tenure, but if the location is good enough you should use it. But what doesn't make sense is this; how would the Italian source know about casting? I'm not an insider, but I doubt location scouts are informed about the casting process. I suspect there is some truth to the location story and they just added something they'd seen on the net about casting to "sex it up".
    Both Archivo007 says the press conferance will be in the last few weeks of February. MI6community says it's "from our man in London and a source very close to EON. Of course, this was said in an informal conversation and
    last weeks of February' could sound vague or even speculation from his/her part."

https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2831-arranca-bond-25-en-pinewood
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Craig will be presenting at the Academy Awards on Feb. 24th. This should be our first chance to see what he’s actually going to look like in Bond 25.
    Craig will be presenting at the Academy Awards on Feb. 24th. This should be our first chance to see what he’s actually going to look like in Bond 25.

Unless he turns up at the EE British Academy Film Awards on 10 February, as his wife is nominated for an award.
    Post 4,384 in MI6Community's endless Bond25 thread says one member's source reports not only location scouts, but also a stunt coordinator in Jamaica. One can speculate (that's much what this thread is for) that Bond and Madeline is on Honeymoon/holliday in the PTS there and something dramatic happens that leads to her death or the two of them breaking up.
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Is there any official information floating around anywhere on when they will do the press announcement in March?
    Sriram858 wrote:
    Is there any official information floating around anywhere on when they will do the press announcement in March?

No.

It's all just wild speculation and people claiming to have sources saying end of February.

Even more important than the title and cast announcements at that press conference, for me, is, I want to see if they, at any time, reference Bond25 as DC's last Bond film.

It was interesting with the official Bond25 announcement in May 2018 that there was no mention of the film being DC's last 007 outing.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Sriram858 wrote:

No.

It's all just wild speculation and people claiming to have sources saying end of February.

Even more important than the title and cast announcements at that press conference, for me, is, I want to see if they, at any time, reference Bond25 as DC's last Bond film.

It was interesting with the official Bond25 announcement in May 2018 that there was no mention of the film being DC's last 007 outing.

I don't believe this was ever done before for a Bond actor's final film, and I would be surprised if they said this is Craig's last Bond film any time suit. Craig's last Bond film will only be announced as Craig's last Bond film after such film has left the cinema and then some.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I don't believe this was ever done before for a Bond actor's final film, and I would be surprised if they said this is Craig's last Bond film any time suit. Craig's last Bond film will only be announced as Craig's last Bond film after such film has left the cinema and then some.

Well, to be fair Connery very openly said during the production of DAF that he was only coming back for this one...
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Are we sure the Dakota Fanning rumour isn't confusing that Dakota with Dakota Johnson?

Here she is photographed with Babs Broccoli at The Academy Of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences Women's Initiative Lunch at Claridge's Hotel in London held in October 2018.
    https://twitter.com/cherryredpop_/status/1051868393962233856
    I wouldn't mind seeing her in a Bond film in some facet but not during Craig's tenure. She's way too young to be a love interest for him even though Lea Seydoux is only 4 years older then her.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Craig's last Bond film will only be announced as Craig's last Bond film after such film has left the cinema and then some.

That wouldn’t be a very smart thing to do. If they announce it before the film opens in cinemas I’m sure they’d get quite a few more people buying tickets to see the film that gets made for Craig’s last Bond—how they end it would be a big thing now days.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Craig's last Bond film will only be announced as Craig's last Bond film after such film has left the cinema and then some.

That wouldn’t be a very smart thing to do. If they announce it before the film opens in cinemas I’m sure they’d get quite a few more people buying tickets to see the film that gets made for Craig’s last Bond—how they end it would be a big thing now days.

What if they want Craig to come back for more? A lot of people thought Spectre was going to be his last. What if they had announced that it was going to be his last Bond film?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    If this Collider tweet is true and production starts in April, the filming in Italy and start of production press conference rumours are BS. Over to you Archivo007.
    https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/1092606350612299777
    JTM wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I agree. I think it would drive ticket sales, 'DC's last Bond'.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    If this Collider tweet is true and production starts in April, the filming in Italy and start of production press conference rumours are BS. Over to you Archivo007.
    https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/1092606350612299777

There's been nothing from the official channels to say shooting has moved back from March so I'd personally still go with that at the minute however will have to wait and see I suppose.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"