Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I too find this story strange. If it's true it pushes the start of filming back yet another month! Linus Sandgren would know, but I hope he misspoke or the Collider source misheard. Perhaps the second units will do the filming in March? But I would think it's rare having second unit do so much filming independently of first unit. If both this story and the Rjukan, Norway, rumour is true they may be pushing it when it comes to snow. In April the average temperature in Rjukan is about zero celsius, and a lot of snow will be left, but in May the average temperature is five plus. I really doubt they'll want to film there without snow, I really do. But if they end up shooting in the fjords, May is the most beautiful month in my opinion. The fields Down by the fjord is a vibrant green while the mountains are still covered in snow.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I too find this story strange. If it's true it pushes the start of filming back yet another month! Linus Sandgren would know, but I hope he misspoke or the Collider source misheard. Perhaps the second units will do the filming in March? But I would think it's rare having second unit do so much filming independently of first unit. If both this story and the Rjukan, Norway, rumour is true they may be pushing it when it comes to snow. In April the average temperature in Rjukan is about zero celsius, and a lot of snow will be left, but in May the average temperature is five plus. I really doubt they'll want to film there without snow, I really do. But if they end up shooting in the fjords, May is the most beautiful month in my opinion. The fields Down by the fjord is a vibrant green while the mountains are still covered in snow.

I wouldn't be too concerned, especially since it isn't effecting the release date. It could also just mean that Sangren starts shooting in April while the second unit starts in March. Another month of "Yogurt and lemon juice" won't hurt Craig. :))
    I'm not conserned for the movie, it's very much a selfish thing. I don't want to wait yet another month for filming starts. Filming is just such a wonderful time for us Bond fans.
    Perhaps the 2nd unit will be filming an action scene in Norway (and bits and pieces of 2nd unit work eleswhere) in March to make sure they get snow. The principal actors will be rehearsing in Pinewood at that time while doubles and stuntmen stand in for them on location. Close-ups of the principal actors can be shot later on sets and some place that still has snow (glacier? fake snow?) at a later date. Of course the part of the production planned in Norway isn't great, so it's unrealistic to expect a major action scene being shot here.
    Is this realistic?
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig was in Pinewood this Monday.

No delay according from what I know.
    Wintraub claims he didn't mishear the part about starting filming in April.
    I still have doubts …….

Steven Weintraub

@colliderfrosty

Replying to @TheSpyCommand

All I can report is what he told me. Since he is shooting the movie I'd like to think he knows what he is talking about.

10:35 PM - Feb 5, 2019
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Wintraub claims he didn't mishear the part about starting filming in April.
    I still have doubts …….
    Steven Weintraub

@colliderfrosty
    Replying to @TheSpyCommand
    All I can report is what he told me. Since he is shooting the movie I'd like to think he knows what he is talking about.
    10:35 PM - Feb 5, 2019

Considering what passes for news these days, and looking at what they have on collider.com, why is this not a story with some more facts?
  • LicencetochatLicencetochat Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    Craig said in an interview in 2012 on The Graham Norton Show that he start working out 6 months before they start filming. I don't think that will be the case this time (he may have just started now) but anyway, i am sure he will look good.
    (This is a reply to posts in the No rumours thread.)

Yes, I got the last name wrong once too. Again, is this really that important? Why focus on this? I was too eager and posted a link to a story without checking the source properly. I have said I'm sorry. I wrote the wrong name when mentioning an actress a couple of times, and I'm sorry about that too. I have tried to keep myself and the forum updated on intersting rumours and facts. I don't know if if this has rubbed you or anyone else the wrong way, but I'm not sorry for doing this. Some might want to sit and wait for confirmation from EON and ignore everything else, and that's all right. But posting and discussing news that looks reasonably believable is part of what fan forums are for and over the years that's how some important news has reached us. I think it's a good thing.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    edited February 2019
    Retracted
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    edited February 2019
    I haven't made up a single rumour! I have suggested some actors who may be good candidates to be Bond in the future. I have never said any of them will be or that I have any kind of information to that effect. It looks like you have mixed up reporting on and commenting on rumours on one side and making suggestions and posting ideas on the other.
    I wasn't trying to mess with anyone by mixing up names, they were honests mistakes.

These are serious allegations you are making against me. I honestly had no idea you that thought way of me. I suggest you look at what you just wrote about me and consider if you have been fair, respectful and if your post contributes to a better forum.
    edited February 2019
    Retracted
    edited February 2019
    I have never written "NN will be the next James Bond and I know this because of this source" or something along those lines. Never. That's a rumour about the casting of James Bond and you accused me of doing so.
    All I have done is suggesting actors I think may be good candidates and I've always been clear that's what I did.

Neither have I made up rumours about anything else, something you just accused me of.
    I'm angry, and with very good reason.

I suggest you keep off AJB until you can behave like a responsible adult again.
    Number24 wrote:
    I have never written "NN will be the next James Bond and I know this because of this source" or something along those lines. Never. That's a rumour about casting.
    All I have done is suggesting actor I think may be good candidates and I've always been clear that's what I did.

Neither have I made up rumours about anything else, something you just accused me of.
    I'm angry, and with very good reason.

I suggest you keep off AJB until you can behave like a responsible adult again.

You mentioned the two Fanning sisters have been rumoured, when they have not. If it is a mistake, I am sorry and I won't mention it again.
    Not good enough, Matt S. I expect a full retraction of your groundless accusations. I also expect a full apology.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I would really appreciate if you gentlemen could get back to the topic at hand. These two B25 discussion/news threads have gotten confusing enough now as it is—please leave arguments like this to PM's.
    He made his accusations in public, I expect him to retract them and make a full apolgy in public too. I also feels it's better if it there are witneses to his behavior. It was his choise to start this mess, I want him to finish it too.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    March 4 will be the filming date. Judging by history it will most likely be the day of the press conference to. Looking forward to it immensely! Despite my worries about Bond 25 the announcement is always thrilling -{
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Apologies, people, I'm on holiday and haven't been checking in very much so this mess has just been brought to my attention.
    No more of this argument, please. Take it to PMs. I'll delete any bickering posts from this point both here and in the other thread.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    What we need here, so this does not become a very long 12 months, is for a moderator to figure out how we can find a balance between the members who enjoy coming here for good discussion about substantive news, even if that comes infrequently, and other members who enjoy speculating and posting every rumor they find in order to get a more frequent Bond 25 fix. They are 2 different types of member constituents that don’t co-exist well in the same thread.
    I think the division of labour between this thread and the No Rumours thread looks promising. It could be the solution we need.
    Number24 wrote:
    I think the division of labour between this thread and the No Rumours thread looks promising. It could be the solution we need.

That is certainly what we were originally hoping for, Number24, but that went off the tracks very quickly. A strong set of guidelines in the first post appear necessary.
    I agree.
    This has been the subject of discussion, and will be dealt with soon
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    This has been the subject of discussion, and will be dealt with soon

Thank you.
    New thread for "Factual News" has been started. Hopefully this will work out this time.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    edited February 2019
    According to this Italian news article, the film commission which would be involved in helping Bond25 film in Matera and that whole southern region of Italy has said nothing.
    https://www.gravinalife.it/notizie/james-bond-a-gravina-una-ipotesi-suggestiva/

Here is the website for the Apulia Film Commission.
    http://en.apuliafilmcommission.it/about-us/company-profile

Oddly the article also says that an 'evocative' train station in the town of Gravina has been of particular interest to the Bond25 location scouts. How they know is anyone's guess.

The only train station I can find in Gravina with the help of Google maps is not at all evocative, but there is a nice Church opposite.
    https://goo.gl/uuav2a

I found this news article that says the Lucana Film Commission has confirmed Bond25 filming in the region, but an NDA with EON forbids it from making further comments.
    https://www.melandronews.it/2019/02/09/bond-james-bond-matera-set-del-nuovo-film-sullagente-segreto/

Here is the Lucana Film Commission's website
    http://www.lucanafilmcommission.it/index.php?lang=en
    Didn't the first report about Matera say we'd get official confirmation this week?
    Number24 wrote:
    Didn't the first report about Matera say we'd get official confirmation this week?

For no other reason then I think it’s humorous, I’m going to answer you with... you {[]
    Number24 wrote:
    The agreement is already defined by the end of December but in the coming days the news will become official.
    Number24 wrote:
    The location part of the arcticle is very detailed and sounds likely, but if they're right we'll know next week.
    Number24 wrote:
    The article about the Italian location claims official confirmation will come in a few days.
    For accuracy's sake let'say it was www.sassilive.it

"The agreement is already defined by the end of December but in the coming days the news will become official."

My sense of humour and enthusiasm is somewhat lessened lately