Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I really like that plot synopsis actually. It feels a bit Fleming-esque to me.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,722MI6 Agent
    Interesting: so it sounds like he's not brought back into MI6 (initially) but is helping Felix out. That does sound more in character for Bond to help out a friend rather than the organisation he's left. No mention of any 'this time it's personal' stuff either, which will please many (although I'm sure there will be personal elements; how could there not be?).
    I really like that plot synopsis actually. It feels a bit Fleming-esque to me.

It feels like there's more to the synopsis than we usually get at this stage. I could swear the synopsis for Spectre at the press release wasn't much more than 'Bond goes after a baddie' or something!
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I agree with many of my friends here that the return of Jeffrey Wright as Felix is one of the best pieces of news about this whole production. I’m so looking forward to that!

Yes! By far the most exciting development for me. Hopefully his role is a significant one.

According to the plot summary, Bond is being recruited to assist the CIA. Hopefully that will mean a bigger role for Felix.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I agree with many of my friends here that the return of Jeffrey Wright as Felix is one of the best pieces of news about this whole production. I’m so looking forward to that!

Indeed - sounds like he will have a big role (hopefully)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Anybody think Waltz may still have a secret part in all this?????

Appears Felix goes to find Bond so maybe we finally get a standalone mission and we forget about James Bonds "Bro"
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Anybody think Waltz may still have a secret part in all this?????

Appears Felix goes to find Bond so maybe we finally get a standalone mission and we forget about James Bonds "Bro"

Let’s hope so! Although the plot does bear a passing resemblance to The Karate Killers episode from The Man from UNCLE :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Cool to see him wear a Planet Ocean again....let's hope they fix the current 8500 Series back to the slim casing and good looks of the 2500 Series!
    welshboy78 wrote:
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    Not concerned about the press conference. SPECTRE had a very good press conference but the film was a disappointment. We did learn a few things, just about all were very positive IMO. Rami Malek continues to be suitably creepy and appears to be relishing the opportunity. Jeffrey Wright is back as Felix. The cast in general is stellar. David Dencik is a great character actor and can do any kind of accent or nationality and Billy Magnussen could be the real sleeper of the cast. I've seen Magnussen in the TV version of Get Shorty and he was outstanding. Magnussen's father was a champion pro kick boxer and I'm pretty sure he also has a martial arts background also. And of course it's good to see that Craig looks very good....no issues there.
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    As a fan of using chapter titles for the films, I'd love to see Passionate Leave from LALD.

Regarding today's announcement, I thought it was fine. Remember, Bond 20 didn't have a title at the press conference either. I'm sure Someone's apophenia will start looking at all the similarities now...
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Found it really hilarious when DC said he‘d buy himself a DB5 if he could afford it - that coming from the guy who gets a double digit million dollar paycheck for this flick... :))

Maybe he‘ll start a „go fund me“ soon
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

That was my initial impression too!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Rami Malek on 'Good Morning America'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fag5dqEt8uU
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    So, now we know filming is about to start, when can we expect to see a first image, first poster and teaser trailer?

Looking back at Skyfall and Spectre, we got a first image, 71 days after Skyfall's 3 November start of filming and Spectre's first photo was also released 71 days after the 3 December start of filming, on 12 February 2015.

That would equate to Friday 5 July for the first Bond25 picture, with a 25 April start of filming.

Spectre's first poster was released 17 March, 104 days after filming started, so for Bond25, we could be looking at around Wednesday 7 August.

Spectre's teaser trailer came out 27 March 2015, 112 days after filming started, so for Bond25, we could be looking at around Thursday 15 August.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    I won’t assume that withholding the title today reflects anything other than a desire to string fandom along a bit longer, and save it as ammo for another press opportunity. Of course I wish we had the title...and we will - when Eon feels it’s most fortuitous to do so.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I heard there was some news today. . .not sure what it's all about. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I won’t assume that withholding the title today reflects anything other than a desire to string fandom along a bit longer, and save it as ammo for another press opportunity. Of course I wish we had the title...and we will - when Eon feels it’s most fortuitous to do so.

I’m quite glad we didn’t get it today. There will be a quiet Friday morning in July when the biggest blockbuster of all time isn’t being released the same day. The Bond 25 title, perhaps along with a poster or a production still, will have a lot more impact than it would have had today. We got plenty of confirmations and a synopsis. Good enough for now.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I liked the plot synopsys. It sounds Flemingesque, not to mention it doesn't seem like they are just killing of Madeleine in the PTS and make Bond go on a revenge mission for the rest of the film. I think David Dencik or Lashana Lynch will play the scientist, but of course I could be wrong.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    I'm just hoping it's more than one word!

I'm just hoping that Sam Smith doesn't get the chance to have another go.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Number24 wrote:
    I think David Dencik or Lashana Lynch will play the scientist, but of course I could be wrong.

I though maybe Magnusson is the scientist and the scenes filmed in Norway show HIS daughter (and maybe the rest of his family) being kidnapped....

Number24 wrote:
    I think David Dencik or Lashana Lynch will play the scientist, but of course I could be wrong.

I though maybe Magnusson is the scientist and the scenes filmed in Norway show HIS daughter (and maybe the rest of his family) being kidnapped....

That’s an interesting angle. I certainly like that better than a Madeline flashback.
    Interesting idea, and a new one. I like it!
    But Magnusen might look too young for a scientist?
    I'm also glad Ben Whishaw is returning. Making Q his own after so many years of Desmond Llewelyn was an almost impossible task, but he managed to do it.
    So many questions: We got introduced to 3! Bond girls., Moneypenny not even counted. Last time we had 3 women who did the film‘s PR was back in AVTAK.
    Wonder how that fits into the story?

Btw: I really hope Ana...will be the leading lady throughout this one,looking very...fit B-)

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    I’m quite glad we didn’t get it today. There will be a quiet Friday morning in July when the biggest blockbuster of all time isn’t being released the same day.

Very canny observation, that! Why compete for attention with the Avengers publicity juggernaut any more than necessary? Eon will spring the title when there’s not another major movie event sucking all of the air out of the room.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    I’m quite glad we didn’t get it today. There will be a quiet Friday morning in July when the biggest blockbuster of all time isn’t being released the same day.

Very canny observation, that! Why compete for attention with the Avengers publicity juggernaut any more than necessary? Eon will spring the title when there’s not another major movie event sucking all of the air out of the room.

August tends to be a relatively slow time for movies...all the big blockbusters have been released already. Once in a while you get a sleeper like the first Guardians of the Galaxy. I was a bit surprised that a score composer has not been named yet...I wonder if they will do that in concert with the announcement of who is doing the theme song?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Maybe Craig was not shy but he was grumpey that he had to wear that dodgy Omega :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Well at least they haven’t spoilt our ‘what Would you like the title to be?’ guessing game!