Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,166MI6 Agent
    In one of the interviews (with Lizo Mzimba), Barbara confirmed Shatterhand and Eclipse were never under consideration.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Death is so permanent
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Anybody catch this evenings second part on sky with the interviews?

Yeah. First half was just a recap of the press conference without the clips and q&a. Second part was Alex Zayne doing interviews. Nothing new about the films but DC seemed in good spirits.
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    ‘Never dream of dying’ is an absolute stonker of a title, right up there with all the best, not corny or silly like a lot that have been mentioned, a true proper bond title, Fleming never came up with it, but everything else in the franchise is ‘Fleming centric’ so going with a title that he himself would have loved had he thought of it is no biggie in my opinion.

“And so for dying.. Never dream”
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,615Chief of Staff
    ‘Never dream of dying’ is an absolute stonker of a title...

It really isn’t...it’s absolute twaddle ! And a fecking awful book X-(
    YNWA 97
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    In one of the interviews (with Lizo Mzimba), Barbara confirmed Shatterhand and Eclipse were never under consideration.

Well thanks to BB knew that Shatterhand wasn’t going to happen but that’s definitely news about Eclipse, it seemed to be going around a lot online...but not really on here though—AJB didn’t seem too receptive of it.
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I never mentioned the book, or care about it, the title itself is a belter, if it’s twaddle then that means titles like ‘tomorrow never dies’ ‘you only live twice etc are also twaddle, we disagree, that’s cool, peace and love my friend, x.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Kent007 wrote:
    I like "The Undertaker's Wind" as a possible title!

the undertakers wind... ?

Naaah that won’t get a sniff..

Yeah, too prone to toilet humour.

Maybe changing a word on it though? The Undertaker's Breeze?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Something I've been wondering, is SPECTRE even an abbreviation in the rebooted timeline? Or just the word Spectre?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,166MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Eclipse, it seemed to be going around a lot online...but not really on here though—AJB didn’t seem too receptive of it.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Never bought into Eclipse, or Shatterhand for that matter tbh. I have faith though, that EON will once again deliver a decent title.
    Sir Miles wrote:

It seems like it would be more suited to a drama where someone's partner develops some inoperable medical condition. I would not like to see it as a Bond title.
    Jarvio wrote:
    Something I've been wondering, is SPECTRE even an abbreviation in the rebooted timeline? Or just the word Spectre?
    I think it has been left ambiguous. Perhaps B25 will address this? If the plot synopsis is anything to go by, we may see one or more of their goals that make up the acronym.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,724MI6 Agent
    ‘Never dream of dying’ is an absolute stonker of a title, right up there with all the best, not corny or silly like a lot that have been mentioned, a true proper bond title, Fleming never came up with it, but everything else in the franchise is ‘Fleming centric’ so going with a title that he himself would have loved had he thought of it is no biggie in my opinion.

I'm not a massive fan of that one, myself. It feels a bit assembled, somehow.

If I had to go with post-Fleming book titles I'd say there's a couple of Gardners which are fine- For Special Services, Win, Lose or Die (a bit naff but sort of fun), Brokenclaw (probably his most Fleming)- and none of the others until we get to the centenary run from IFP. Devil May Care I do still like a lot (although it is perhaps a bit jaunty!), Solo I do rather like although is a bit taken now(!), and the best of the bunch: Carte Blanche. Stylish, and perfectly in keeping with Bond's world and his mission statement. I want that one!
    To be honest though, Eon have probably done the best with GoldenEye and The World is Not Enough. They're pretty cracking choices, and I think the best you'll pull out of Fleming's world. I believe Benson wanted the latter one, but Eon stopped him!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    emtiem wrote:

I'm not a massive fan of that one, myself. It feels a bit assembled, somehow.

If I had to go with post-Fleming book titles I'd say there's a couple of Gardners which are fine- For Special Services, Win, Lose or Die (a bit naff but sort of fun), Brokenclaw (probably his most Fleming)- and none of the others until we get to the centenary run from IFP. Devil May Care I do still like a lot (although it is perhaps a bit jaunty!), Solo I do rather like although is a bit taken now(!), and the best of the bunch: Carte Blanche. Stylish, and perfectly in keeping with Bond's world and his mission statement. I want that one!
    To be honest though, Eon have probably done the best with GoldenEye and The World is Not Enough. They're pretty cracking choices, and I think the best you'll pull out of Fleming's world. I believe Benson wanted the latter one, but Eon stopped him!

Crate Blanche was a real winner. Nobody Lives Forver isn’t bad, although if Bond is going to die in this one it’s a bit on the nose. :))
    I think "A Whisper of Death" is one of the best.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Carte Blanche also ties into the Craig-run trend of odd words in the title. And both Carte Blanche and For Special Service both tie into what we know of the plot so far and Bond's freedom to choose his own missions or who he helps. Role of Honour would also work.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Garden of Death isn’t going to happen. People are far more educated on natural history and that was way up there with the giant squid. Get a grip folks. It’s a dumb idea.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    IMO, it the title will end up being something no one has thought of. I'll go with The Death Collector because it's catchy, noirish and could be used to apply to different things, depending on the story.....The Death Collector could be some weapon of mass destruction (a bio weapon, something that destroys the environment?), it could refer to the villain or even Bond (less likely IMO).
    Japanese culture when it comes to suicide is still very extreme. The forrest near Mount Fuiji works very much like the Garden of Death when it comes to many people on "pilgrimage" to a spesific place to kill themselves. Pouring far too many poisonous and dangerous species into a small area can easily be overdone, but it can work by having walled areas or perhaps using greenhouses. Besides, Bond has a history of using the bizarre and macabre that franchises like Mission Impossible doesn't.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I think the point is we have some locations and a plot synopsis and nothing is trending anywhere near the garden of death, so it’s probably time to let that one go.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Atleast its confirmed from Craig himself that its his final Bond film. No more back to back filming rumors.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Garden of Death isn’t going to happen. People are far more educated on natural history and that was way up there with the giant squid. Get a grip folks. It’s a dumb idea.

Nothing dumb or farfetched about it IMO. It's a bit crazy, but that's what I like, it stands out, and it isn't as farfetched as people think.

Also, on a separate note, bond movies aren't exactly realistic anyway are they? Why was there nobody on the tube during the explosion in Skyfall, not to mention Silva planning everything all along is a huge stretch. That's just an example from one of the more 'realistic' bond movies (a movie I love though don't get me wrong).

I think the point is we have some locations and a plot synopsis and nothing is trending anywhere near the garden of death, so it’s probably time to let that one go.

I understand this yes. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will happen.... not in bond 25 anyway. But there's no reason to let it go for future bond films. I really hope they film it during my lifetime.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    I don't believe they've announced every location.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I agree with Asp9mm.

Garden of death was cool in the 1950s when Japan was quite a mysterious place but we moved on a lot in the last 70 years.
    As much as Fleming afficionados still feel keen on it, the contemporary moviegoer may wonder, if that title could mean the murderer in a Home Depot :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Personally with Shirley Bassey belting out the lyrics "Goodbye Mr Bond!" :D
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,724MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Personally with Shirley Bassey belting out the lyrics "Goodbye Mr Bond!" :D

Is she leaving us soon? ;)
    Higgins wrote:

Garden of death was cool in the 1950s when Japan was quite a mysterious place but we moved on a lot in the last 70 years.

How about if it was a period piece?

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Jamesbonddownunder reporting the role names of Ana de Armas & Lashana Lynch:

2-FEAC2-E4-AD23-4-B30-BBEE-411-F79-E61-F2-D.png

625-E74-CA-706-D-4837-A7-A4-27-DC993-D2-F06.png
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Jarvio wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

How about if it was a period piece?

I don't really see that happening either. I'm going to assume once Craig's left and they get a new Bond, they'll stick to the modern era.