Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    An early indicator of how Hollywood decides to deal with the coronavirus will be Disney’s “Mulan,” which currently has a March 27 release date and has been banking on a huge box office in Asia. If it gets pushed, odds are good that Bond will follow suit.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Can't remember if this was discussed on here but as expected, the China premiere is cancelled and the China, South Korea, and Japan "promotional swing" plans have been abandoned.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-coronavirus-no-time-to-die-mulan-1203518001/#article-comments

It would probably make sense to push back the release of NTTD in those markets. Hopefully this virus can be gotten under control sooner than later. People's health and well being is all that matters.

I think we should assume that if the virus continue to spread in the US and elsewhere, the release will get pushed everywhere, which will cost them millions. Just one more reason to expect adoption of a streaming model for Bond sometime in the not-to-distant future.

At this point, I don't think we are nearly at that place in the US and I surely hope we don't get there.
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    An early indicator of how Hollywood decides to deal with the coronavirus will be Disney’s “Mulan,” which currently has a March 27 release date and has been banking on a huge box office in Asia. If it gets pushed, odds are good that Bond will follow suit.

What's more likely to me would be trying to stagger release dates in markets. Especially for a company like Disney that has their schedule so planned out years in advance they crippled a Star Wars movie because they had to get it out Christmas 2019.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    With UK tickets on sale today I've been looking at UK cinemas websites for further confirmation of the 2h 43min running time and it's amazing how cinema chains like Cineworld, which has a huge number of cinemas to choose from, a real national network, has zero minutes, yes, zero, for the running time. The Odeon chain still has not added a running time and a chain called The Light Cinema only has TBC (https://newbrighton.lightcinemas.co.uk/no-time-to-die) against the running time. But, UK cinema IMAX screenings have 3h+ between screenings, so that is sort of confirmation.

And only a placeholder webpage for NTTD on the British Board of Film Classification so far, but it doesn't usually publish its certification for Bond until about 2 weeks before release.
    https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/no-time-die
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    I like the new poster, Probably the most traditional Bond poster for any DC film.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Someone wrote:
    With UK tickets on sale today I've been looking at UK cinemas websites for further confirmation of the 2h 43min running time and it's amazing how cinema chains like Cineworld, which has a huge number of cinemas to choose from, a real national network, has zero minutes, yes, zero, for the running time. The Odeon chain still has not added a running time and a chain called The Light Cinema only has TBC (https://newbrighton.lightcinemas.co.uk/no-time-to-die) against the running time. But, UK cinema IMAX screenings have 3h+ between screenings, so that is sort of confirmation.

And only a placeholder webpage for NTTD on the British Board of Film Classification so far, but it doesn't usually publish its certification for Bond until about 2 weeks before release.
    https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/no-time-die

All the cinemas should show the movie in 3-4 (or more) screenings, if you are able to buy/make reservation on tickets you should get an exact Screening-Time and you can see how long the gap between the single screenings are, for example: 1 Screening: 4 pm and when the 2nd screening is at 6 pm you can read a minimum running time of 2h plus out of it :>

see that instagram-post (163 Min): https://www.instagram.com/p/B9O72hyHfNc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Oh beautiful Vienna... :007)

E9213-C1-E-CF80-4-C7-F-A9-D2-5-FEF03-BFFE1-A.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Thanks. That's a very good interview. So NTTD is about "Relationships and Family"? Let's hope there is enough about missions and villans too …..
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    At least Safin sounds like a traditional Bond villain. The way he describes himself as thinking he's improving the world reminds me of Stromberg and Drax.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    That interview is a treat. So excited to see this film based on the marketing and trailer.
    I've never seen Craig's hair that grey before! But I too am excited to see NTTD.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    Maybe it's poor lighting? He's right in front of a spotlight.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    He's 52 today. If his hair wasn't going even a little bit grey at the temples, it would be pretty odd!

You can see it a bit more clearly here:

IMG-2238.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • nobodynobody Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I've never seen Craig's hair that grey before! But I too am excited to see NTTD.
    I seem to recall at one point, he was going to stay gray for the film. Maybe when Boyle left, that decision was overturned...
    I suspect he doesn't bother with his hair off set, and the make-up people darken it a bit pre shooting.
    His hair isn't just grey at the temples, it's grey all over.
    Yeah, it's funny how in Knives Out you can really tell Craig's age in that. Though, even now he looks younger than Moore or Connery did at the end haha.
    He is.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    He's 52 today. If his hair wasn't going even a little bit grey at the temples, it would be pretty odd!

You can see it a bit more clearly here:

IMG-2238.jpg

Hair doesn't go grey in my family at that age. Neither of my parents had any grey at that age. My father still has completely dark hair in the second half of his 60s and doesn't die it.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I'm less than a year and a half older than Craig, and my hair is totally gray--it started as a trickle in my twenties and came on strong in my late 40s. If he's totally gray I welcome him to the Silver Fox Club! {[]
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I wish I had a nice full head of gray hair.....I have very little gray but I don't have much hair either :( :))
    So, now we have the fourth TV spot (Monday 2/3/20) 'Your enemy is my enemy,' following;

Everything changes (Super Bowl) was released on Sunday 2 February.

This is it (Oscars) was released Monday 10 February.

Are you ready? (NBA All-Star Game) was released on Friday 15 February.

But, we've had to wait 2 weeks for this one, which does not seem to have been associated with a TV sports or entertainment event.

Spectre had 7 TV spots including a 1min long one.

The TV spots we could have had on or around Fridays 21st and 28th Feb didn't happen, but we have had that 25 Feb. 1min 41sec Fukunaga online mini-trailer and the Swann, Blofeld and Nomi online teasers. I wonder what the difference in numbers of eyes they are getting between TV and social media? What demographic is more likely to see TV rather than social media? 55-75?

If we get a final trailer (which previously have been released just over three weeks before the film; Friday 2 October for Skyfall's final 1min 10sec trailer - the film came out in the UK on 26 October) it could drop on Friday 6 March; unless Fukunaga's mini-trailer was it.

Of the three possible remaining TV spots, after a 6 March final trailer, they could be dropped over the three remaining weekends, Fridays 13, 20 and 27 March.
    Noi wrote:
    All the cinemas should show the movie in 3-4 (or more) screenings, if you are able to buy/make reservation on tickets you should get an exact Screening-Time and you can see how long the gap between the single screenings are, for example: 1 Screening: 4 pm and when the 2nd screening is at 6 pm you can read a minimum running time of 2h plus out of it :>

see that instagram-post (163 Min): https://www.instagram.com/p/B9O72hyHfNc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thanks Noi, I think that has to be definitive proof, it's not just webpages, the 163min is clearly stated and the screening times reflect that.

Now, is NTTD really going to be a 15 in the UK?
    When I went online to buy tickets, both Fandango and AMC Theaters had the running time at 163 minutes. I purchased tickets for IMAX for a Saturday 8:15pm show and that was the last IMAX showing of the evening preceded by showings at 9:00am; 12:45pm; and 4:30pm. Assuming about 20-25 minutes of trailers and time for clean up between showings, 163 minutes seems about right.
    Only a week now until the Bond artwork competition chooses its winners! March 11!
    https://007.talenthouse.com/i/design-artwork-inspired-by-daniel-craigs-bond-films
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Hair doesn't go grey in my family at that age. Neither of my parents had any grey at that age. My father still has completely dark hair in the second half of his 60s and doesn't die it.

Genetic freaks :)) I'm the same age as DC - well, a few weeks younger - and have the same colouring, or lack of it, and the same amount of loss, so I've been quite happy growing old gracefully with him at the helm, even if his is coloured a little for the films..... It'll be the main reason I'll be sad to see DC go :))

I really liked that cast interview; very casual, with a nice feeling of camaraderie. Obviously they are struggling to talk without giving things away, but, I am cool with everything they say and gently reveal. Such a shame the events unfolding in the world currently may impact those wishing to go and see it.... I know we will not be rushing to crowded places should things escalate in the coming weeks, but, obviously a film is of low priority when you value the health of your family.
    Craig certainly did a great job (along w/ his trainers, nutritionist, make-up and lighting people) looking his best for NTTD. It's nice to see that he has also maintained his "Bond Look" for the promotional activities. I recall back in the day when EON was not happy at all when Lazenby showed up at the OHMSS premier with long shaggy hair and a beard (I think Lazenby had already checked out at that point and had taken some really bad advice that "Bond was done" and decided not to sign on for any more Bond films).
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    So uh
    Screenshot-2020-03-04-at-02-42-47.png
    I might need a new oculist because I didn't see this discussed anywhere else but how does everyone feel about this?
    a reasonable rate of return
    That'd be absurd