Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    So much marketing dollar already lost here. Feel bad for all the creatives who have invested their time in effort into an April release only to have it scuppered.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    This is of course disapointing. This should be in the parody thread adn not in the official 007 twitter. Now they will have to re-start the whole promotion in the Autumn. As pointed out above, the title song and it's main audience will perhaps be the most unfortunate aspect. I guess teh only positive is that they will have a wealth of time to tweak the film, especially in editing, but I wonder how many unintentional leaks we will get in the future because of the long time from the final edit of the film to the new release date.

I don't expect them to tweak the film. I bet that whatever film we would have had later this month will just be released in November.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Ouch! This will seem like the longest wait ever for the longest Bond ever...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    Damn! Just as the promotional machine had reached its full speed and we were awaiting element such as the soundtrack release etc. Besides just being torture for us fans, I don’t how they will manage to reinflate the hype balloon which was starting to get buoyant.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I'm devastasted with this. It is understandable,though.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Take more than a virus to stop James Bond :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    When they're delaying the movie because of Corona I think November is the best choise. By then the whole Corona thing will be effectively over and November has been the traditional Bond release month for Bond since the 90's. I wonder when the delay was decided? The last promo video and TV spot came very recently.

I hope EON uses some of the extra time to start working on Bond26.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Number24 wrote:
    When they're delaying the movie because of Corona I think November is the best choise. By then the Whole Corona thing will be effectively over and November has been the traditional Bond release month of Bond since the 90's.

I hope EON uses some of the extra time to start working on Bond26.

But who knows, what the corona-situation will be at in November? I‘m not foreseeing the world’s end but it might actually be worse...

Funny thing is they said: „The 25th film will change everything.“
    Couldn’t be more true...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    This is of course disapointing. This should be in the parody thread adn not in the official 007 twitter. Now they will have to re-start the whole promotion in the Autumn. As pointed out above, the title song and it's main audience will perhaps be the most unfortunate aspect. I guess teh only positive is that they will have a wealth of time to tweak the film, especially in editing, but I wonder how many unintentional leaks we will get in the future because of the long time from the final edit of the film to the new release date.

I don't expect them to tweak the film. I bet that whatever film we would have had later this month will just be released in November.

Yeah, this is my thought too. They'll just sit on it. Wonder if bioterrorism was involved in the plot.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I wonder if they'll be able to stop any illegal copies of the movie getting out
    given how long it will be basically " sitting on a shelf " ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    I'll be keeping a keen eye on what cross promotions get bumped forward now.

Omega and Billie Eilish are somewhat spent promotions. Partners such as Tom Ford can hold theirs back. I imagine Zimmer's album will be delayed through to November as well. Wondering which 2020 book releases will be pushed forward as well.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Golrush007 wrote:
    Damn! Just as the promotional machine had reached its full speed and we were awaiting element such as the soundtrack release etc. Besides just being torture for us fans, I don’t how they will manage to reinflate the hype balloon which was starting to get buoyant.

haha yeah its like pulling the handbrake on a formula1 car

of course the virus will be in november as present as its now is, but not in the media and thats the point. they will get tired to report about this till nov., the virus-media-hype is on his peak right now and this collides with the release in April, unfortunaly.

I work in a cinema and since corona reached europe the number of visitors become far more less :/ the whole retail markt suffers from corona
    I really looked forward to the April release but can understand the delay-decision

I m sad and disappointet too :# but AJB is the best option to fill this time :)
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    What could be the consequences of such a remarkable delay to product placement strategy of the various brands ?
    Don't see a lot of people running to buy the new Omega now that the hype will cool down necessarily....
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Time to write a new song though, so it’s not all bad :)
  • propcollector22propcollector22 Lake district UKPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    April was too long a wait, Monday we were told fans asking to delay it, Tuesday they are releasing it 2 weeks early, now November, i cant wait this long, going into a Cryo freezing unit, wake me up when its time !

https://deadline.com/2020/03/no-time-to-die-release-date-moved-coronavirus-mgm-1202873876/
    Paul
    (no money left now...send food parcels)
    Of course we can't know for sure, but according to experts this type of epidemics tend to have a timeline and Corona should be pretty much over by November.
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    Having just bought a 75 inch TV with Dolby Atmos soundbar and subwoofer, I would be quite happy for it to go straight to BluRay, so I can enjoy it in self isolation :))
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Time to write a new song though, so it’s not all bad :)

-{ I’ll drink to that!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Thanks EON!!

I have booked my flights for the premiere in London and will now lose the money!
    Pretty sure that I am not the only one.

Gutted!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    db5.007 wrote:
    What could be the consequences of such a remarkable delay to product placement strategy of the various brands ?
    Don't see a lot of people running to buy the new Omega now that the hype will cool down necessarily....

I don’t know if an Omega is an impulse buy though! :)
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    I know I’m abusing this thread as Twitter and this will be the last time:

But the way how the announced that wonderful delay, (for me) shows how much they give about us die-hard fans. NTTD is now on its 4th scheduled release date and not one word of „sorry“ to all of those who highly anticipated coming April. 5 years of nothing and not even now one word of sorry!
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks EON!!

I have booked my flights for the premiere in London and will now lose the money!

Gutted!

London will still be here..? Probably quite empty too!

I know I’m abusing this thread as Twitter and this will be the last time:

But the way how the announced that wonderful delay, (for me) shows how much they give about us die-hard fans. NTTD is now on its 4th scheduled release date and not one word of „sorry“ to all of those who highly anticipated coming April. 5 years of nothing and not even now one word of sorry!

It’s really not about you.
    emtiem wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks EON!!

Gutted!

London will still be here..? Probably quite empty

Who‘d have thought that!

I am regularly in London and the plan was to drive 400 km and take my friend‘s son to the premiere from Duesseldorf. He won‘t be interested in a London trip alone and I‘ll have to make the way down to Duesseldorf and back from Hamburg to still do that flight them by myself.

It sometimes sounds easier than it is.

• eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Annoying decision driven by $$$. I know that's what drives decisions, but still annoying. Ordered tickets yesterday, came out on my bday. So hyped. Not delayed a month, or 3. But nearly 8. Very sad :(
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think there will be many fans out of pocket with this delay. :#
    My daughter has told me as I'm not on Facebook etc, that there are
    loads of very angry fans out there posting some very angry things.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Higgins wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks EON!!

Gutted!

London will still be here..? Probably quite empty

Who‘d have thought that!

I am regularly in London and the plan was to drive 400 km and take my friend‘s son to the premiere from Duesseldorf. He won‘t be interested in a London trip alone and I‘ll have to make the way down to Duesseldorf and back from Hamburg to still do that flight them by myself.

It sometimes sounds easier than it is.

You have tickets to the premiere? They can’t be cheap: I’m sure you’ll get reassigned to the rescheduled one.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    wonder if they will announce the reason by themself, theres only the delay-information without a particular reason
    edited March 2020
    emtiem wrote:
    You have tickets to the premiere? They can’t be cheap: I’m sure you’ll get reassigned to the rescheduled one.

The flights are what bother me.
    2 people non refundable from Duesseldorf to London and back.

Hasn't the promotion of Bond films usually been paid by the money they get from tie-in products such as Omega and Budweiser?
    I guess the a sizable part of the cost of re-launching the promtion for NTTD in some months will have to come out of EON's own pocket.
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    wonder if they will announce the reason by themself, theres only the delay-information without a particular reason

THR said it's because of corona