Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I wouldn’t worry about leaks. The Kings Man was put back seven months too, nothing has been leaked from that. They’re just sitting on it. In terms of marketing, their huge Mr Porter capsule and releases from all of the brands involved have also been pushed back. And they started marketing the film back in June last year.

EON made the right choice. As gutting as it is. They don’t make these films for the small amount of hardcore fans, and they’re in business to make money.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    For me it's a moral issue - But i cannot swallow this

Seriously? With all that's going on right now... it's just a bloody film, get a grip for goodness sake 8-)

It's disappointing, nothing more.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,821MI6 Agent
    It's not a moral issue. Perspective is a good thing to have.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Love of all things Bond is a passion, so
    It's not surprising to get passionate
    Opinions on the situation. I too feel
    Annoyed at the news, but will simply have
    To wait until November. Although it does
    Feel as if Christmas has been cancelled .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I would say that the vast majority of people who eventually go to the cinema to see this film will not have been following every twist and turn of the production, will not be buying any of the SA clothing worn or care about this delay.
    Yes. Considerably!
    Love of all things Bond is a passion, so
    It's not surprising to get passionate
    Opinions on the situation. I too feel
    Annoyed at the news, but will simply have
    To wait until November. Although it does
    Feel as if Christmas has been cancelled .

Yes, that's how it feels:

364b0538cf6796e47a272acd1be0d6fcded40354_hq.gif
    :)) :)) :))
    I'd forgotten that scene.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I posted this in the parody thread in March last year after the delay we had back then:

New tweet from EON today:
    "We are absolutely beside ourselves with joy to anounce that the release of Bond25 has been pushed back to November 2020. We're so over the moon about this news, we'll probably die of happiness when we change the release date again some time in the future.
    Barbara Broccoli, Michael Wilson and Daniel Craig."

:# :# :#
    Number24 wrote:
    I posted this in the parody thread in March last year after the delay we had back then:

Can you give me five numbers between 1 and 50 and two between 1 and 12 please? :))
    MarkOOMark wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Can you give me five numbers between 1 and 50 and two between 1 and 12 please? :))

?:)
    :))
    Life's a lottery
    I see. :))
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,155MI6 Agent
    It does indeed feel like Christmas being cancelled. Happy you've shared the same comparison N24 a TP ;%
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    You’re a wizard N24 :o
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I wonder what DC is planning on chatting about now on his Tonight Show appearance tonight? The Knives Out DVD release? Liverpool’s stellar Premier League season? His weekend plans? His opinion on aeroplane food?
    UnfinishedJampackedBigmouthbass.gif
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I can't believe this has happened, and I think we are all gutted :(

If the virus is really that serious, this is understandable, who knows if it really is that serious or just an overreaction, but I won't get into that because we just don't know.

But yeah, I am so gutted about this. I really hope my 2 cruises this summer won't be affected by this.

It's a crap time for us all.

Here's an unrealistic dream - EON take this time to film more content, and split this supposedly very long film into 2 or 3 films, one of which releases for the 60th anniversary in 2022. EON's way of making it up to the fans, to have 2/3 new bond films after such a long gap. I know I know, it most likely won't happen, but just throwing it out there.

If the plot of NTTD somehow relates to a deadly virus, maybe they could put a disclaimer at the start of the film, declaring any relation to coronavirus was coincidental. AVTAK had a disclaimer too.

I hope everyone stays safe and this damn virus goes away soon.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • nobodynobody Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    MarkOOMark wrote:
    Revolver66 wrote:

Seriously? With all that's going on right now... it's just a bloody film, get a grip for goodness sake 8-)

^^^
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    nobody wrote:
    MarkOOMark wrote:
    Revolver66 wrote:

^^^

^^^
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Is NO TIME TO DIE cursed? From the word go all manner of problems have beset this production. Does some outside force not want it released? Of course, I don't believe such stuff but it makes you wonder why this film's been targeted with crisis after crisis at every turn. I wonder how Cubby would have handled all this. He'd have got it released in 2017 for one thing! How I miss the old ways of making films.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Alec 006 wrote:
    I am asking myself why has NTTD been delayed REALLY?

Is it a strategic marketing decision based on cinema goers staying away due to COVID-19 fears?

It's because of the all-important Chinese moviegoing public. The filmmakers know that if the cinemas in China are closed next month, NTTD will lose a lot of money, no matter how well it does in the UK and US. Sadly, China has tremendous influence on movie release schedules and even the CONTENT of films. . .witness the changing of Chinese aggressors to North Koreans in the remake of RED DAWN and the change of a Tibetan male character into an English female in DR. STRANGE. We know who Bond's real enemy is. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,155MI6 Agent
    BIG TAM wrote:
    Is NO TIME TO DIE cursed? From the word go all manner of problems have beset this production. Does some outside force not want it released? Of course, I don't believe such stuff but it makes you wonder why this film's been targeted with crisis after crisis at every turn. I wonder how Cubby would have handled all this. He'd have got it released in 2017 for one thing! How I miss the old ways of making films.

Corona Virus aside, when they're only making films every 4/5 years( X-( ), the problems and setbacks become magnified.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    My main problem in summary is this:

For me, it seems that EoN don’t have a clear business plan for Bond in mind, they will release infrequently whenever they feel like it. Already a bummer.
    Then you have a leading actor, despite how good he is, that needs almost three! years to get his head around whether or not he‘s gonna continue.
    Lastly, in between movies we get literally nothing new. No games, no (interesting) new books or BTS-material.

Now for this delay: Strictly objective, I‘d probably say a postponement is the right thing for the current situation. Why that delay is planned for a 7 months straight, is beyond my understanding or at least good will.

To sum it up a bit, I guess a lot of us wouldn’t be so enraged right now, if EoN would do one bit of fan-service in between releases. Bit the fact that they didn’t even make yesterday’s announcement with one hint of pardoning towards the fans tells me their only target is the general audience.

I‘m seriously curious about how the FAST-franchise will be handling the situation with their late May release date...
    And of course to see what we will be getting over the next months, bc I can’t see them hammering out a trailer every other week.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Alec 006 wrote:
    I am asking myself why has NTTD been delayed REALLY?

Is it a strategic marketing decision based on cinema goers staying away due to COVID-19 fears?

It's because of the all-important Chinese moviegoing public. The filmmakers know that if the cinemas in China are closed next month, NTTD will lose a lot of money, no matter how well it does in the UK and US.

I think it's certainly that, plus I think that is combined with what seems like a deadly virus plot in the film itself: indeed someone said that Vue cinemas had been told it had been delayed due to 'insensitivity reasons'. I would think it's a combination of issues.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    The really annoying thing is that the original release date for NTTD was November 2019. So we should have already seen the movie :))

Instead we might all be dead before it's finally released.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    I was thinking someone (me?) should knock up a poll on who should be the next Bond actor after NTTD was finished running in the cinemas. But nowow that we have seven months where next to nothing will happen on the Bond front, perhaps now is the time? The we have on the topic is outdated with several actors who are around fifty years old. What do you think, is there an interest for such a poll?
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    That sounds like a good way to pass the time...which we have a lot of
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Tom Sears has decided to postpone JBR. I understand. Everyone's morale is low at the moment. He has just uploaded a video to Youtube,saying JBR will be back to normal next week.

Might listen to some Fleming audiobooks and watch older episodes of JBR.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    MarkOOMark wrote:
    Revolver66 wrote:

All that's going on in the world? Bad things happen in the world all the time mate. You just weren't paying attention before.

And I guess the last thing we need right now is something to take our minds off it
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Bad things happen in the world all the time mate. You just weren't paying attention before.

:# OK then, er, mate.... utterly ridiculous comment :s

As I said, it's just a film. Find something else to distract you for a few months, if you can :))
    emtiem wrote:
    I think it's certainly that, plus I think that is combined with what seems like a deadly virus plot in the film itself: indeed someone said that Vue cinemas had been told it had been delayed due to 'insensitivity reasons'. I would think it's a combination of issues.

This is certainly true; multiple factors spinning off current events, and it's not just money.