Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Hey It's .... No Time To Cry {:)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    MGM, not EON, made the call:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mgm-take-30-million-hit-moving-bond-film-no-time-die-1282803

(Small note in the piece is that N.Peal will relaunch their much maligned jumper in the fall. I bet it has the corrected shoulder patches.)
    On the BBC politics show today they mentioned that the cinema tickets sales in China
    for February stood at around $4.5 million compared to last year when it was $1.5 Billion ?
    so cinema audience figures have dropped off a cliff, So I can understand why it's been done.

I do have details on the programme and time slots if anyone wants to check my figures ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,434Chief of Staff
    Oh, I'm sure they're perfectly rounded.
    :)) I was hoping ....... {[]
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
    On the BBC politics show today they mentioned that the cinema tickets sales in China
    for February stood at around $4.5 million compared to last year when it was $1.5 Billion ?

Wow. That is massive.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,831MI6 Agent
    There's a lot of important information in that article. Thanks, Entiem.
    Number24 wrote:

You mean Cheverian, N24?
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mgm-take-30-million-hit-moving-bond-film-no-time-die-1282803

(Small note in the piece is that N.Peal will relaunch their much maligned jumper in the fall. I bet it has the corrected shoulder patches.)

N Peal is the big winner here. You don’t get many second chances in life!
    Barbel wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

You mean Cheverian, N24?

I did …… :#
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

"Not Many Second Chances" sounds like the title of a bond film
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    It gets me really curious...we‘ve seen all of the cast individually appear in magazines (Ana de Armas in Vanity Fair, Rami Malek in Esquire, etc.), will they be re-doing that in October/ November? It‘s a vital part for the hype-up towards the movie.

But what „new“ will they be talking about that we haven’t already gotten at this point?

And on a side note: Really disappointed in the producers for not spreading one single word of consolidation. They could have made a video clip with Daniel Craig saying „sorry, hang in there“ or ar least a few worded-statement...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    I hadn't thought about it AugustWalker but you make a very good point.
    A short little video message would have been nice {[]
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

And they have the opportunity to really push it during sweater season. People expect to buy sweaters on clearance in March. At least that's what I've always done.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Plenty of newspapers in the UK speculating that Mr Craig may return for a 6th outing as our favourite spy.
    Yes. Considerably!
    I hadn't thought about it AugustWalker but you make a very good point.
    A short little video message would have been nice {[]

Yes, that’s what probably bothers me the most. They just announce it briefly like it’s no big deal (for anybody). 8-)

And on a side note: Really disappointed in the producers for not spreading one single word of consolidation. They could have made a video clip with Daniel Craig saying „sorry, hang in there“ or ar least a few worded-statement...

Do you really need an apology? They're losing out way more than you are! :)
    It just feels a bit needy: it's only a movie.
    edited March 2020
    emtiem wrote:

It‘s no question of „need“, it’s just a nice (and quite frankly not entirely inappropriate) gesture towards those who were highly anticipating this movie for the last now five years.
    Plus: it‘s probably never counterproductive to simply engage and interact with your fanbase.

Look, of course our life won‘t come to an end because of this third postponement. But in the past, they’ve done these small video messages for far less important things (e.g. the poster contest -> another thing that‘ll be interesting to where that project is heading now), so a message for this delay wouldn’t seem out of reach, would it? :)

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    I am glad that I have the James Bond comic book series from Dynamite to enjoy in the mean time. along with the older movies and the older video games. I am sure that these will tide me over until November.
    The new, improved poll "Who do you want as the new James Bond?" is posted in James Bond Films. :007)
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,962MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Here's an unrealistic dream - EON take this time to film more content, and split this supposedly very long film into 2 or 3 films, one of which releases for the 60th anniversary in 2022. EON's way of making it up to the fans, to have 2/3 new bond films after such a long gap. I know I know, it most likely won't happen, but just throwing it out there.
    I think this is one of the better ideas for possible fixes they could now make. Break up the 3 hour bladderbuster into two halves, like Kill Bill was done.
    Maybe flesh the two halves out a bit with some outtakes otherwise left on the cutting room floor, and flashbacks to the previous four films (since we know it will be referencing them) to get the two halves closer to 2 hours apiece.

But I wouldn't want Bond25 pt 2 to come out in 2022. I think Kill Bill pt 2 was about six months after Part 1, that'd be more appropriate for such a cliffhanger, especially since both halves are already complete.

They should still be working on a new film for 2022, and get back on that every two year schedule.
    emtiem wrote:

It‘s no question of „need“, it’s just a nice (and quite frankly not entirely inappropriate) gesture towards those who were highly anticipating this movie for the last now five years.
    Plus: it‘s probably never counterproductive to simply engage and interact with your fanbase.

Look, of course our life won‘t come to an end because of this third postponement. But in the past, they’ve done these small video messages for far less important things (e.g. the poster contest -> another thing that‘ll be interesting to where that project is heading now), so a message for this delay wouldn’t seem out of reach, would it? :)

I don't need it though, no. I don't feel upset: they don't owe me anything. I understand the reasons behind doing them doing this: I know they haven't done it to upset me, so I don't require an apology. So, no.

Why do people require folks to publicly apologise for everything nowadays?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Didn't realise that Craig is hosting SNL tonight. Must've been too late to cancel that one he would've been in the middle of the week of show prep on Wednesday when it was announced. Will be interesting to see what he talks about in his monologue now.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Didn't realise that Craig is hosting SNL tonight. Must've been too late to cancel that one he would've been in the middle of the week of show prep on Wednesday when it was announced. Will be interesting to see what he talks about in his monologue now.

It would have been highly unprofessional for Craig to cancel in the middle of the week after they've started working on the show. I am curious if Craig will mention the film's postponement. There's plenty he can talk about in his monologue other than the upcoming Bond film. The monologue is usually used to promote an upcoming project, but it's never the focus of it. They can still do bits about him being James Bond. That hasn't changed.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    JTM wrote:

It would have been highly unprofessional for Craig to cancel in the middle of the week after they've started working on the show. I am curious if Craig will mention the film's postponement. There's plenty he can talk about in his monologue other than the upcoming Bond film. The monologue is usually used to promote an upcoming project, but it's never the focus of it. They can still do bits about him being James Bond. That hasn't changed.

I agree that cancelling wasn’t an option. I’m sure they’ll address the delay, possibly in irreverent fashion given that it is SNL after all. I’ll be tuning in, which I never do, so in that sense I guess it’s still a decent piece of marketing.
    emtiem wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Are we turning in circles here, bc I explained it above:

It‘s no question of need, it just would be a nice gesture of them towards us.

• Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    A very good point indeed, thank you.
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Alec 006 wrote:
    I am asking myself why has NTTD been delayed REALLY?

Is it a strategic marketing decision based on cinema goers staying away due to COVID-19 fears?

It's because of the all-important Chinese moviegoing public. The filmmakers know that if the cinemas in China are closed next month, NTTD will lose a lot of money, no matter how well it does in the UK and US. Sadly, China has tremendous influence on movie release schedules and even the CONTENT of films. . .witness the changing of Chinese aggressors to North Koreans in the remake of RED DAWN and the change of a Tibetan male character into an English female in DR. STRANGE. We know who Bond's real enemy is. . .
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
    emtiem wrote:

Are we turning in circles here, bc I explained it above:

It‘s no question of need, it just would be a nice gesture of them towards us.

And it would be a nice gesture of you to them to stop asking them to apologise for something which is out of their hands, don’t you think? If you don’t need it, don’t worry about it.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,545MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

Jarvio had the thought a few days ago, at post #7705 above. Good thought, too.