Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It’s nothing to do with the storyline mirroring factual events.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It’s nothing to do with the storyline mirroring factual events.

Others have said it is, why do you say that?

I don't think it's just that for a second (even their actual announcement said it was because of the 'global marketplace' so it's clearly financial as well), but there is reason to believe there's a sensitivity issue as well.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,441Chief of Staff
    I'd believe what Asp9mm says.
    Barbel wrote:
    I'd believe what Asp9mm says.

Can I ask why? I'm not really keen on airs of mystery to be honest! :)

I don't disbelieve anyone without reason, but the internet is full of people who just state things as if they're facts which turn out to be nonsense on further investigation.
    I trust him because of many years of previous experience here. No mystery.
    That's quite mysterious! :) I'd just like to know what evidence there is that makes him think that, that's all.
    I'm sure he has his reasons. I hope my word is good enough for you to believe him.
    That seems oddly threatening...? I'm a bit lost as to what's going on here! :D

As I say, I don't disbelieve anyone: I'm just politely asking why he thinks that it has nothing to do with the subject matter.
    :)) I apologize if you feel threatened, emtiem! I'm simply trying to vouch for Asp9mm, not threatening you.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    He doesn't know everything though. I once asked to use his Dictaphone and he told me
    To use my finger like everyone else. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    He doesn't know everything though. I once asked to use his Dictaphone and he told me
    To use my finger like everyone else. ;)

It doesn’t fit in the old rotary dialler slots, and it presses four buttons at once on the push button phones. So I was right. I usually am. That’s why I never use mine to phone. I have a big calculator I can slap it on hard though. I enjoy that.

This may work for using your dictaphone. Still a tad small for mine. Higgins uses his on a really old star tac. But he is well known for having a pencil dick. And a small one at that.

A1-B03-B09-C0-B8-46-BF-B68-D-B597673-E6-AA0.png
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    403-A47-E5-B1-B0-4511-A558-3-D05-E535-AED3.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    So Craig was meant to be the main guest on the Tonight Show last night but a few hours before the broadcast, that guest changed to Seth Meyers, the host of Late Night (which tapes in the same building as the Tonight Show). Producers must have been in a scramble to find someone to fill DC's spot when he cancelled last minute, thanks to there being nothing for him to chat about now.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,156MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I was thinking someone (me?) should knock up a poll on who should be the next Bond actor after NTTD was finished running in the cinemas. But nowow that we have seven months where next to nothing will happen on the Bond front, perhaps now is the time? The we have on the topic is outdated with several actors who are around fifty years old. What do you think, is there an interest for such a poll?

Sounds like a good idea to me N24 :007) Don't include anyone who's currently over 42 perhaps..? Was going to say younger but that would exclude any potential Moore's, Brosnan's or Dalton's (sadly not too many of them around currently anyway!) I personally think a Younger Bond would be the way to go current age 26-32, but don't really care as long as it's the right actor for the role and they look good for three films minimum.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,832MI6 Agent
    I think I'll exclude everyone born before 1980. Also I'll only list men. If anyone feels women should be James they are of course free to make their own poll.
    edited March 2020
    I need some help with new entries on the poll. So far I've got:

Max Irons
    Henry Goulding
    Ed Skrein
    Richard Madden
    Ben Barnes
    Sam Claflin
    Chris Hemsworth
    Tom Cullen
    Tom Brittney
    Sam Riley

These actors will continue from the old poll:

Tom Hiddleston
    Clive Standen
    Aidan Turner
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    Sam Heughan
    Henry Cavill
    Charlie Hunnam
    Oliver Jackson- Cohen
    Dan Stevens
    Rupert Friend
    Nicholas Hoult
    James Norton
    Tom Hughes
    Barry Sloane
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    You already have a whole thread for this poll/topic N24!

https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/48721/poll-who-would-you-like-to-be-the-next-james-bond-in-bond-26/

It’s definitely a difficult pick though—someone who’s not too pretty boy handsome, but also not someone who looks too naturally tough; someone who doesn’t look like he’s still a teenager no matter how old he gets; and someone who is still in that perfect age range where we can get a few films out of him before he gets too old.
    That's the old, outdated poll. Many of the actors on that poll are too old now, and new actors should be considered.
    Number24 wrote:

Max Irons
    Henry Goulding
    Ed Skrein
    Richard Madden
    Ben Barnes
    Sam Claflin
    Chris Hemsworth
    Tom Cullen
    Tom Brittney
    Sam Riley

Jack Lowdon ?
    Tom Bateman ?
    Jamie Dornan ?
    Alex Pettyfer ?
    Josh Bowman ?
    Theo James ?

Tom Hiddleston
    Clive Standen
    Aidan Turner
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    Sam Heughan
    Henry Cavill
    Charlie Hunnam
    Oliver Jackson- Cohen
    Dan Stevens
    Rupert Friend
    Nicholas Hoult
    James Norton
    Tom Hughes
    Barry Sloane
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, The Red Kind.
    I think your new list looks fine N24. Open to opinion of course and there are some on there I would prefer more than others. If they wanted to go box office and safe then Chris Hemsworth is probably your man or Henry Cavill. I wouldn't be against either. But I would also be happy with; Aiden Turner, James Norton, Tom Hiddleston (if he bulks up). Nicholas Hoult as an outside punt.
    Perhaps I'll make the poll in the weekend. We have thirty names already, and it'll be nice if we get even more. I think both the producers and Craig himself has come to terms that NTTD is his last and all the new names show it's time for a new poll.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Max Irons
    Henry Goulding
    Ed Skrein
    Richard Madden
    Ben Barnes
    Sam Claflin
    Chris Hemsworth
    Tom Cullen
    Tom Brittney
    Sam Riley

Tom Hiddleston
    Clive Standen
    Aidan Turner
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    Sam Heughan
    Henry Cavill
    Charlie Hunnam
    Oliver Jackson- Cohen
    Dan Stevens
    Rupert Friend
    Nicholas Hoult
    James Norton
    Tom Hughes
    Barry Sloane

Dominic Cooper never the rough cut? I thought he'd make a good Bond, bringing back some of the swagger of the Connery era. He's probably aging out now
    Sorry, but he's born in 1978. Aged out, as you say. :#
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Max Irons
    Henry Goulding
    Ed Skrein
    Richard Madden
    Ben Barnes
    Sam Claflin
    Chris Hemsworth
    Tom Cullen
    Tom Brittney
    Sam Riley

Tom Hiddleston
    Clive Standen
    Aidan Turner
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    Sam Heughan
    Henry Cavill
    Charlie Hunnam
    Oliver Jackson- Cohen
    Dan Stevens
    Rupert Friend
    Nicholas Hoult
    James Norton
    Tom Hughes
    Barry Sloane

Dominic Cooper never the rough cut? I thought he'd make a good Bond, bringing back some of the swagger of the Connery era. He's probably aging out now

Cooper already played Bond via playing Ian Fleming. I didn't think he was that great.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    I think your new list looks fine N24. Open to opinion of course and there are some on there I would prefer more than others. If they wanted to go box office and safe then Chris Hemsworth is probably your man or Henry Cavill. I wouldn't be against either. But I would also be happy with; Aiden Turner, James Norton, Tom Hiddleston (if he bulks up). Nicholas Hoult as an outside punt.

I think the first decision is what kind of Bond comes next?. IMO Moore was a very soft Bond, Bronsnan was a more debonair Bond, he could at least pull off a little more toughness and physicality but he was still very smooth and polished. Then we get to Craig who was definitely the tough guy for sure, much less emotional (most of the time), and he just looked tough, he was almost a Jason Bourne Bond IMO.

All that to say where do we go from here? I personally like maintaining the tough guy image which rules out some actors right off the bat. I guess my bottom line is define the next Bond and then find the actor that personifies that image rather than find the next actor and make Bond to fit him. Just my .02
    edited March 2020
    I think it's better listing many actors who are different (but who hopefully have something Bondian) and the members decide who they like. I don' t think it's a great idea for me or someone else to pick the type we like and put them in a poll.
    I think the poll will be multi-choice, because many members like more than one actor as Bond.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    At this rate, the next James Bond hasn't even been born yet...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Slightly changing of topic. Do you think if the coronavirus situation can be contained in a short time, is it possible Eon release the movie in mid summer? Or it's just a hope we all fans have?
    From Fukunaga's today IG story, No Time to Die is practically finished.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Slightly changing of topic. Do you think if the coronavirus situation can be contained in a short time, is it possible Eon release the movie in mid summer? Or it's just a hope we all fans have?
    From Fukunaga's today IG story, No Time to Die is practically finished.

They have a new release date, so it's not going to happen before then no matter the situation this summer.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits