Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    They shot the Heineken ad for Spectre around September 2014 if I’m not mistaken.

Are they shooting it now, rather than following the SF/SP time frames, because Craig will be on maternity leave come Sept/Oct/Nov?
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    Whatever the issue, Craig looks older but good. His haircut suits his age.

The suit is another too tight cut in my view. Looks wrong on a chap of his age. A little more class please. Otherwise looks ok
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:
    Are they shooting it now, rather than following the SF/SP time frames, because Craig will be on maternity leave come Sept/Oct/Nov?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it had something to do with his commitment to “Purity” which he’s supposed to do after Bond
    Red_Snow wrote:
    Do you recall if he was wearing his wedding ring during those shoots?

https://youtu.be/VHz30rlNHCc

https://youtu.be/-0-AJYlJcF0
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    The commercial involved a chase with a taxi and a tractor. The Parador (a IXth century castle) will be a set too. One of the rooms has been transformed into a disco...

img0822-3_g.jpg

img0810-11_g.jpg

More: http://www.regio7.cat/multimedia/fotos/comarques/bages/2018-05-30-127703-rodatge-anunci-heineken-cardona.html
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:
    They shot the Heineken ad for Spectre around September 2014 if I’m not mistaken.

This was initially my thought also
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Danny Boyle today:

“I like watching big films but I don’t think I’m necessarily good at making them. Then I thought ‘no, you shouldn’t think like that’. We have this idea about what we want to do with Bond and I felt we should have a go because of this idea. So we are trying to stay true to our principles.”
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:

Wouldn't it be fraternaty leave in his case?
    I thought that was mainly a Norwegian "problem"
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:

Yep, his wife is probably due in October, and he probably didn’t want to do much in the period after filming ends and prior to the press blitz. Makes a ton of sense to get this out of the way now. I’ll bet we don’t see it for over a year.

All the people speculating about the “wedding ring” and this being Bond 25 footage are way off base. I know it’s been a while, but let’s keep hold of our senses! -{
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:

The suit is another too tight cut in my view. Looks wrong on a chap of his age. A little more class please. Otherwise looks ok
    Didn't really pay much attention to the suit, but it's the current style. I have some like that. But they could give Craig some options to be fashion forward, which I'll presume to be baggier.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:

Didn't really pay much attention to the suit, but it's the current style. I have some like that. But they could give Craig some options to be fashion forward, which I'll presume to be baggier.

Personal view of course,but Bond should embody style not fashion.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    They filmed (at least parts of) the Pamplona scenes for QoS early, simply because the street horse race takes place before the official filming started.

That's it, Quantum, not Skyfall D'oh!
    Someone wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    They filmed (at least parts of) the Pamplona scenes for QoS early, simply because the street horse race takes place before the official filming started.

That's what it says. We were talking about scenes shot well before the normal schedule. :)
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:

Yeah he's looking pretty good and far better than some of the other pics I've seen posted here and elsewhere recently, especially that awful haircut he had a while back that looked bizarre on him.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

That's what it says. We were talking about scenes shot well before the normal scedule. :)
    SP exterior train shots were around summer ‘14. So, it’s not to wild to assume Bond 25 might be shooting some scenes this summer!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Someone wrote:

That's what it says. We were talking about scenes shot well before the normal scedule. :)
    SP exterior train shots were around summer ‘14. So, it’s not to wild to assume Bond 25 might be shooting some scenes this summer!

But that's only second unit, right? It's typical for second unit to shoot during pre-production, but they don't shoot scenes.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I always find it interesting how films are shot and put together. What might also say something about what's actually going on would be some pictures of what cameras are being utilized to shoot in Spain....that being said in these days of digital photography it might not really matter. SPECTRE was shot primarily on good old fashioned 35mm film but digital cameras were also used for certain scenes.
    I just saw the new episode of JBR. They probably made it because of my post yesterday where I asked what was happening with them :))
    It was very good, as usual. A few things I found particularely interesting:
    -They know Danny Boyle and David Arnold have been on the phone with each other recently.
    -What if Monica Bellucci's character is the female villan with a personal connection to Bond?
    -Wouldn't it be great if Bond turned up at the office in full navy uniform and tossed the cap on the hat stand?

I would like to expand on the last idea: The last action scene in the movie should be an assault with Bond and SBS. Bond then turns up at the office in his navy uniform (perhaps because he just got a medal from the queen ?). He flirts with Moneypenny who says M is ready to see him. Bond tosses the cap. The credits roll. :007)
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

But that's only second unit, right? It's typical for second unit to shoot during pre-production, but they don't shoot scenes.

Actually you will find the 2nd unit shoot the action sequences.
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Actually you will find the 2nd unit shoot the action sequences.

I know that the second unit shoots action sequences, but during pre-production?
    edited June 2018
    i have been on set while in production with Vic Armstrong, so yes.

I have also known them to use a 3rd unit.

(I just re read your comment about pre production :D sorry. I was on set with the 2nd unit during production.

But things are filmed pre production to insert later, wasn't TSWLM ski jump filmed in advance ? also some of MR with the waterfall ?
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

I was asking about pre-production, not production.
    Matt S wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

I was asking about pre-production, not production.

I just corrected myself -{
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    To the left or the right ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Even if you were going to have a 2nd unit just do establishing shots, you'd need to do location scouting/location selection/storyboarding in advance of filming. Boyle would have to be involved in at least the last two and that would take several days. I don't see how he would have time.
    To the left or the right ? :D

to me to you :D
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Even if you were going to have a 2nd unit just do establishing shots, you'd need to do location scouting/location selection/storyboarding in advance of filming. Boyle would have to be involved in at least the last two and that would take several days. I don't see how he would have time.

I'm sure that at least some of the location scouting has been done, it was reported that Andrew Noakes was in Dubai last year location scouting.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    While I don’t think this was Bond 25 footage being shot, I completely buy into the idea that preparation for this movie is far more advanced than we realize. It’s been three years since Spectre wrapped, and about a year since DC told them he was coming back. We don’t know precisely when Boyle came into the fold, but we should assume it was long before we heard the first rumor of his involvement. Whatever incomplete idea he pitched EON and DC, it probably had enough flesh on the bones that initial location scouting commenced. The delay in the announcement probably had to do with the distribution issue.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    While I don’t think this was Bond 25 footage being shot, I completely buy into the idea that preparation for this movie is far more advanced than we realize. It’s been three years since Spectre wrapped, and about a year since DC told them he was coming back. We don’t know precisely when Boyle came into the fold, but we should assume it was long before we heard the first rumor of his involvement. Whatever incomplete idea he pitched EON and DC, it probably had enough flesh on the bones that initial location scouting commenced. The delay in the announcement probably had to do with the distribution issue.

Been thinking this since the Boyle story began to become reality. While EON has disappointed us at times with some films that missed the mark, they are not a bunch of fools running around in circles tripping over themselves. They (EON) are very experienced film makers/producers who have been at this with a very high level of success over an unprecedented time span. We don't always agree with their decisions but they know what they are doing. I still believe that they have really tightened up on what information gets out this time around after getting burned by the Sony leaks that plagued SPECTRE.
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Been thinking this since the Boyle story began to become reality. While EON has disappointed us at times with some films that missed the mark, they are not a bunch of fools running around in circles tripping over themselves. They (EON) are very experienced film makers/producers who have been at this with a very high level of success over an unprecedented time span. We don't always agree with their decisions but they know what they are doing. I still believe that they have really tightened up on what information gets out this time around after getting burned by the Sony leaks that plagued SPECTRE.

This 100%... It's crazy that some seem to think it's any different. Of course EON know exactly what they're doing, and just because they are not letting slip vital info in these stupid social media times, where everyone thinks they are entitled to info 'just because' means things are a mess, or going badly is a bloody joke. Some 'uber fans' think they should be included in the process, and if they are not, they'll make up all sorts of clap-trap just to make themselves feel better and important :))