Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:

I'm not saying anything...

BTW June 20th is the day Marc Forster was announced as Quantum's director. That's only 28 days away.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Great news -{
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Yes, confirmed Boyle, Hodges for script, Dec. filming start, and release date in 2019. YAY!!

Here are some quotes from the deadline article:

Wilson and Broccoli commented, “We are delighted to announce that the exceptionally talented Danny Boyle will be directing Daniel Craig in his fifth outing as James Bond in the 25th installment of the franchise. We will begin shooting Bond 25 at Pinewood Studios in December with our partners at MGM and thrilled that Universal will be our international distributor.”

“Under the leadership of Michael and Barbara, we couldn’t be more thrilled than to bring the next 007 adventure to the big screen uniting the incomparable Daniel Craig with the extraordinary vision of Danny Boyle,” said Ulrich. Glickman added, “It has been 16 years since Tomorrow Never Dies was distributed by MGM and it’s incredibly gratifying to be releasing this film alongside the powerhouse team at Universal.” And here are some quotes form the deadline article:

“Universal is extremely proud to collaborate with Michael, Barbara and MGM on the international marketing and distribution of Bond 25,” said Langley. “The unparalleled combination of Danny’s innovative filmmaking and Daniel’s embodiment of 007 ensured we simply had to be partners in the next chapter of this iconic series.”
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    :007)
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    Great news. Waiting for 007.com now. :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    {[]
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Clearly they noticed my countdown to 20 June...
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    Hell to the yeah.
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Very excited. Was getting worried about a delay. Were getting into the fun stuff now!
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Here we go!

Solid confirmation and no delay to the beginning of shooting. Best of all an October UK release which is a few weeks earlier than expected! Things will start to slot into place now with casting, locations, title and beginning of shooting will come round quicker than we think.

Good start to the day indeed!!

-{
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Great news to wake up to! The next few months will be very exciting!
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    I sometimes think the whole build-up, with all the guessing games and little snippets of actual info leaking out is more exciting than the final film :))
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Great news, at last! {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Another article..

Empire 25 May 2018
    Two of the biggest questions surrounding the future of the Bond series have now been settled. EON has announced that Universal has scored the rights to distribute the 25th official entry in the series outside the US and, as part of the announcement, confirmed that Danny Boyle will call the shots, with Daniel Craig, who had already agreed to return, as 007.
    Boyle, of course, had been the latest name suggested and in recent months had said that he had been developing a script with regular collaborator John Hodge. He'll still be working with Richard Curtis on a music-themed comedy that will film this summer, and will now also be kicking off shooting the still-untitled Bond movie from 3 December. His Bond is setfor a UK release of 25 October 2019, ahead of an 8 November date in the States.

"We are delighted to announce that the exceptionally talented Danny Boyle will be directing Daniel Craig in his fifth outing as James Bond in the 25th installment of the franchise," said EON Productions' Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli in a statement. "We will begin shooting Bond 25 at Pinewood Studios in December with our partners at MGM and are thrilled that Universal will be our international distributor." Danny Boyle's going to be a busy man...
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Anyone else notice the official announcement says its DC's "fifth outing," but it does not say it's his final film...?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Anyone else notice the official announcement says its DC's "fifth outing," but it does not say it's his final film...?

Announcing that it's his last would be premature. They haven't fired him yet, and he hasn't stepped down from the role yet. There could always be a Roger Moore scenario where he thinks that every one he's doing is going to be his last.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    James Bond Downunder reported that Jany Temime will not be returning:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjMvWT3HmHa/
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Wow, that’s a surprise. I just posted on another thread that I felt certain she’d be back. This really opens the door in the sartorial department!
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

That's good news. Maybe Bond's suits will fit properly this time.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Only got five hours of sleep last night, but as I awoke and saw the official tweet greeting me on my phone I was instantly energized!!! Now to immerse myself in 007 all day at work!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    In fairness to Jany, that was a Daniel Craig request.
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Hopefully, they will keep some Tom Ford and Boyle will get Arnold to return, too!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    Gala Brand wrote:
    That's good news. Maybe Bond's suits will fit properly this time.
    In fairness to Jany, that was a Daniel Craig request.

That's true, angelicbond. I think that we would have gotten a similar result with other costume designers since it's what Daniel Craig wanted and it's what's in fashion.
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Maybe Bond's suits will fit properly this time.

I liked the suits myself, and felt they worked well with his physique. He's going to need to work hard if he wants to carry that same look off now though.
    Anthony Dod Mantle who was DoP on T2, Slumdog Millionaire, 127 Hours etc. Is filming "Kursk" next year. Otherwise he would be a natural choice for Bond25.
    David Arnold on the other hand, has nothing listed next year. Let's hope. :007)