Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    But if the main villan is female, the odds of the title being "Property of a Lady" are pretty good.

I mentioned this a while back too, when the female villain rumours first started. It would make sense to me. Only thing is, DC said once that he didn't like that title - but as we know, he changes his mind a lot anyway lol
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    So, the new rumour is that Vic Armstrong will be B25's Stunt Coordinator.

Avengers: Infinity War’ Stunt Coordinator Vic Armstrong Returning For ‘Bond 25
    https://omegaunderground.com/2018/05/13/avengers-infinity-war-stunt-coordinator-vic-armstrong-returning-for-bond-25/
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Fine by me, if it's true.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    That same site reported Dennis Gassner and Thomas Newman returning last September, long before a director was found, and that it would be shooting in Croatia over 18 months ago, before it was even announced there would be a Bond 25. Also, it always credits the source as... itself...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    To be fair, the Croatia story came from the local authorities in Dubrovnik.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Vic Armstrong (is that a great name or what?) and Dennis Gassner are welcome returns. Thomas Newman...thanks but no thanks.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's been a Long Stretch. Armstrong has been missed. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

Agreed.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

Now, who does he remind me of...?

aa_old_man_4.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) the perfect stunt double!
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    That same site reported Dennis Gassner and Thomas Newman returning last September, long before a director was found, and that it would be shooting in Croatia over 18 months ago, before it was even announced there would be a Bond 25. Also, it always credits the source as... itself...

Newman would mean Mendes is coming back.

I can't see Boyle using Newman. I really hope Newman isn't coming back.

Gassner confirmed he would be returning last October.
    https://www.thejamesbonddossier.com/news/dennis-gassner-confirms-bond-25-return.htm
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I think we have a legitimate chance of seeing David Arnold’s return, which many of us I’m sure would welcome.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Regardless, Boyle is known for using music well in his movies. If Boyle directs the score will not be mediocre.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Regard less, Boyle is known for using music well in his movies. If Boyle directs the score will not be mediocre.
    Though I love Skyfall's score, Spectre had one of the most lackluster scores I have ever heard and actually hindered some scenes. So I also would love if Arnold came back or even better if a brand new composer took a crack at Bond.
    My feelings exactly walther p99, Loved Skyfall's score but Spectre seemed more of
    a "Copy and paste " exercise. :# I have enjoyed all of D Arnold's scores, In fact
    I thought he was getting better with each film ( I regard QOS as his best .. so far ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I really like what Arnold did. If he comes back I'd like to see him lose the slight Barry pastiche in places and find more of his own voice. It's a difficult thing to do as he needs to acknowledge the legacy but not be hampered by it. Maybe someone new would find that a bit easier.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    This is obviously just my two cents but .......
    So Far from what I've seen. I should be a happy Bond fan.
    Vic Armstrong back for action, a talented director in D Boyle.
    Just get D Arnold in for the music and that all sounds good
    to me. -{
    Yes, I agree.
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I really like what Arnold did. If he comes back I'd like to see him lose the slight Barry pastiche in places and find more of his own voice. It's a difficult thing to do as he needs to acknowledge the legacy but not be hampered by it.

Nope! Keep the Barry influence! IMHO Arnold is great at the slower pieces (eg "City Of Lovers", "Elektra's Theme") but rather anonymous at the faster ones which could use MORE Barry influence.
    Barbel wrote:
    Yes, I agree.
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I really like what Arnold did. If he comes back I'd like to see him lose the slight Barry pastiche in places and find more of his own voice. It's a difficult thing to do as he needs to acknowledge the legacy but not be hampered by it.

Nope! Keep the Barry influence! IMHO Arnold is great at the slower pieces (eg "City Of Lovers", "Elektra's Theme") but rather anonymous at the faster ones which could use MORE Barry influence.

Agree 100%. In fact if I was in charge I would direct Arnold to channel as much of the Barry style as possible. My position has always been, it's a Bond film, I want a Bond score. Feel free to put your own mark on it but when I hear that score it must be immediately recognizable as "Bond music" not a generic action film score and Arnold is quite capable of that.
    HowardB wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Yes, I agree.
    zaphod99 wrote:

Agree 100%. In fact if I was in charge I would direct Arnold to channel as much of the Barry style as possible. My position has always been, it's a Bond film, I want a Bond score. Feel free to put your own mark on it but when I hear that score it must be immediately recognizable as "Bond music" not a generic action film score and Arnold is quite capable of that.

Bond films since Goldeneye have occasionally been in danger of being crushed by their own Mythos (not so much in the Craig era). Whilst I love a nod to Barry I can't help feeling that it should do it lightly. Probably a minority viewpoint. I too want it to be a Bond film, to look like one, and sound like one but it has to be carefully done. In the main Arnold has got it just right but I wouldn't want him to ladle it on with a Trowell :)
    I'd rather that than what Newman has been serving us up.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    As long as the score takes Barry's approach, with a focus on fully developed music that uses melody (or even just a chord progression, it doesn't matter as much to me if the music sounds like Barry's or not. I would still like a hint at Barry's sound. Live and Let Die and For Your Eyes Only are excellent scores that take the same approach that Barry does but don't use his sound. I would happily take a score like those rather than something as dull as what Newman has put out.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    As long as the score takes Barry's approach, with a focus on fully developed music that uses melody (or even just a chord progression, it doesn't matter as much to me if the music sounds like Barry's or not. I would still like a hint at Barry's sound. Live and Let Die and For Your Eyes Only are excellent scores that take the same approach that Barry does but don't use his sound. I would happily take a score like those rather than something as dull as what Newman has put out.

LALD, CR and QOS are my favorite non-Barry scores for pretty much the reasons put forth by Matt S. In LALD, the great George Martin (who knew a little bit about orchestrating and arranging music) did a great job of creating a score, utilizing McCartney's great theme song and some very good music of his own. As talented a formally trained and gifted musical technician as Martin was along with the musical genius of McCartney they still understood and valued what Barry had done and managed to create a score that still captured the "feel" of Barry's work. I believe that Arnold is able to infuse his Bond scores with that same "feel". The results are even better, as in CR, when Arnold is able to collaborate with the theme song artist and incorporate a good theme song into the score.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    if you have the American version of Help! or 1962-1966, there's a snippet of James Bond type music played very fast before the title track begins. Its not on the British versions of either album for some reason.
    The film Help! also had a globetrotting Bond vibe in general. Like McCartney had ambitions to do a Bond film for nearly a decade before he finally got the chance.

(was Barbara Bach married to Ringo when she did her film?)
    Barbel wrote:
    I'd rather that than what Newman has been serving us up.

Don't get me wrong, so would I,
    Rick Smith of Underworld has been functioning as a sort of musical director for Boyle. I'd love to see him in collaboration with Arnold do something new. Arnold Orchestration perhaps?
  • Mileham007Mileham007 Posts: 103MI6 Agent
    I just want a similar score that Dave Arnold did for for Tomorrow Never Dies. The track called "White Knight" is brilliant! And the track when Bond meets Q at Hamburg airport, is just perfect.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QkjgHcFUnY
    (was Barbara Bach married to Ringo when she did her film?)

No, not yet.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    It would be the icing on the cake if Arnold would return.

Thus far, on paper, a pretty good recipe is being put together.
    Craig back, Boyle, Vic Armstrong for stunts, just need Arnold and i reckon we're in for something mega.

Of course all of it is heavily reliant on the script being solid and a great cast but im pretty happy so far but really do want an Arnold return!

-{
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    June 20th is the day Marc Forster was announced as Quantum's director. That's only 35 days away.