Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Someone has a lively imagination. Mind you, that's often a good thing :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Someone, you should listen to Sir Miles. He might be on to something this time! :D

Yeah...there always has to be a first time - right? :))
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I have thought for years that
    Sir Miles was On Something :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    I have thought for years that
    Sir Miles was On Something :p

It certainly helps when reading this lot :o
    :))
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Or perhaps Sir Miles is after Someone :))
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Bmorelli11 wrote:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/kroger-to-sell-groceries-on-alibaba-site-in-china-1534268657

So, your hypothesis is that Sam Mendes is shooting Bond 25 part one using a script from Purvis and Wade and Danny Boyle will shoot Bond 25 part two with a script by John Hodge? Just making sure I'm following along properly. An interesting theory for sure!

Why the WSJ Alibaba groceries story?

Yes. That is the hypothesis. It explains some of the weirdness that's been going on for the last four years.

If DC could occasionally do scenes before the start of filming this December, we know he did something in Spain in May, and since Spectre he has only had supporting roles, Lucky Logan, filmed in 2016, and Kings, the filming for which overlapped DC's Othello, which ran from Nov 2016 to Jan 2017. Bar some TV voice over work, according to IMDB, DC appears to have done nothing since February last year.
    https://www.nytw.org/show/othello/

Think about that, Spectre, 2015, and then in 2016 two films and Shakespeare until February 2017; and since then, nothing.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I don't know why there always has to be some sort of conspiracy theory? So Dc hasn't done much for a while, so what he's a very wealthy man and doesn't need to, I'm sure all sorts of scripts and projects land on his desk. I think the truth behind most of all this is pretty normal film industry behaviour. Eon seem to have locked down following the Sony leaks and the world's media are just manipulating any slight bit of possible news into a salacious story. We will get news when there is news to get.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I just now realized that I love Bond almost as much as I hate the internet. It’s creating a dilemma... :s
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Bmorelli11 wrote:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/kroger-to-sell-groceries-on-alibaba-site-in-china-1534268657

So, your hypothesis is that Sam Mendes is shooting Bond 25 part one using a script from Purvis and Wade and Danny Boyle will shoot Bond 25 part two with a script by John Hodge? Just making sure I'm following along properly. An interesting theory for sure!

Yes. That is the hypothesis. It explains some of the weirdness that's been going on for the last four years.

If DC could occasionally do scenes before the start of filming this December, we know he did something in Spain in May, and since Spectre he has only had supporting roles, Lucky Logan, filmed in 2016, and Kings, the filming for which overlapped DC's Othello, which ran from Nov 2016 to Jan 2017. Bar some TV voice over work, according to IMDB, DC appears to have done nothing since February last year.

Think about that, Spectre, 2015, and then in 2016 two films and Shakespeare until February 2017; and since then, nothing.

Daniel Craig didn't do any films between Skyfall and Spectre. I think he's realised that Bond takes too much out of him and needs a lot of rest and personal time between the films. One Bond film for him is like 2-3 years of work for a regular job!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Bmorelli11 wrote:

Daniel Craig didn't do any films between Skyfall and Spectre. I think he's realised that Bond takes too much out of him and needs a lot of rest and personal time between the films. One Bond film for him is like 2-3 years of work for a regular job!

Given his wife's current condition, we know he got busy doing one thing over the last year ... :v
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Bmorelli11 wrote:

This is a good point, and has probably been amplified as his role during pre-production has expanded.
    I just now realized that I love Bond almost as much as I hate the internet. It’s creating a dilemma... :s

:))
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Bmorelli11 wrote:

Sorry for the random link. That's the industry I work in and it must have still been on my clipboard. I appreciate your response and explanation of your theory.
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Bmorelli11 wrote:

I totally forgot he did that movie Kings because I saw zero advertisements for it. Looking at how god awful the reviews are doesn't give me much interest in seeing it now though.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Given his wife's current condition, we know he got busy doing one thing over the last year ... 

And given that Rachel is 48 this might well be a birth they had planned and worked for. That said, their personal lives in this area is none of our business. But it's ridiculous to ignore this aspect of Craig's life while taking a magnifying glass to his acting schedule.
    I totally forgot he did that movie Kings because I saw zero advertisements for it. Looking at how god awful the reviews are doesn't give me much interest in seeing it now though.

Don't bother, it is terrible.
    Matt S wrote:

Good point. I'll stick with the combining DC's scenes for B25 & B26 in the December '18 to June '19 period idea.
  • LicencetochatLicencetochat Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Bmorelli11 wrote:

why does craig get so tired, we never hear tom cruise get tired. or atleast he doesnt complain about it.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent

Licencetochat wrote:

why does craig get so tired, we never hear tom cruise get tired. or atleast he doesnt complain about it.

Tom Cruise is a Scientologist and they believe in aliens and other crazy stuff. They have super human levels of energy and can jump out of planes and hang onto the back of elephants and reach the end level of Angry Bird.

Daniel Craig is just a mortal bloke like the rest of us. He needs three to four years to recover from each Bond film. It's a miracle Dan has the strength to count all the money he's going to make from Bond 25. If it's around 30 million dollars - that's a lot of zeros to read on your bank account. Poor chap, I feel for him. I really do. :D
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:

Licencetochat wrote:

Tom Cruise is a Scientologist and they believe in aliens and other crazy stuff. They have super human levels of energy and can jump out of planes and hang onto the back of elephants and reach the end level of Angry Bird.

Daniel Craig is just a mortal bloke like the rest of us. He needs three to four years to recover from each Bond film. It's a miracle Dan has the strength to count all the money he's going to make from Bond 25. If it's around 30 million dollars - that's a lot of zeros to read on your bank account. Poor chap, I feel for him. I really do. :D

Me too, it must be dreadful. In fairness I have not heard him complain about the workload. Daniel like all of the other Bonds can't seem to get arrested while in tenure. Connery's career did not take off until well after Bond, and Pierce has had a patchy time of it. Bond is a bit of a curse, a lucrative curse to be sure but a curse nonetheless.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Pierce hasn't had a box office hit with films he has top billing since Bond, however he has been in some pretty good films and he has grown quite a bit as an actor. He has even had some good turns as the villain. I get the feeling that Craig will continue to shy away from
    big commercial films and opt for smaller productions that interest him and more offbeat, unusual roles (like his comic turn in Logan Lucky). I would love to see Craig do a film adaptation of the play "A Steady Rain" that Craig starred in with Hugh Jackman on Broadway and was produced by Barbara Broccoli.
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    I do really hope Someone's theories end up being right. I totally support this stuff and I love this speculative time. By the way, fantastic research, you're the man.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:

Licencetochat wrote:

:)) :)) :))
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    This might be interesting...

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/classic/aston-martin-will-build-25-goldfinger-db5s-ps33m

It seems that Aston Martin is remaking the DB5 in a limited run for general sale (well, special order), and will be made in the Goldfinger style.

What piqued my interest, are the comments about working with EON and Chris Courbald on it, and that EON is keeping 1

So, it seems some of the films production team will be involved in remaking this classic and perhaps one will be finished to coincide with the start of filming.

I have speculated previously that the next film will be a vintage piece (this thread, post 1745), i.e. set in the 1960's, and adding 2 + 2 to come up with 5, this fits my wild idea greatly - DC is Bond, set in the '60's with the car and everything...

EON spent millions smashing up the DB10's last time, and maybe with new owners, they have been told to find other funding streams, so selling a number of DB5's to subsidise the Hero Car will certainly keep the accountant happy!

anyway, I guess we will all have to wait and see!

T
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    I have speculated previously that the next film will be a vintage piece (this thread, post 1745), i.e. set in the 1960's, and adding 2 + 2 to come up with 5, this fits my wild idea greatly - DC is Bond, set in the '60's with the car and everything...

It's certainly an interesting idea, and I would love to see a - new - vintage Bond but it would seem very odd to do this with DC and not a new face.

Now how much much are those DB5's going to be?... I wonder if they will PX my Ford Focus :))
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Something I didn’t understand from the article - why wouldn’t they be road legal?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn’t pick up on the fact that it will include some of the “modifications” {[]
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Daniel sporting an Omega Seamaster Diver 300

TpGdjMG45koePVJ0oOKgvsh73u6rTEiKqpjrXjrohgo.jpg?w=576&s=7bbaa73d280e5a3a62bb10d88519e453
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
    Great picture! Where did you find it?